Quora: Why Are Other NBA Players Criticizing Jeremy Lin's Contract? Has This Ever Happened Before?

Jul 22, 2012 Full story: The Huffington Post 36

From Melo's perspective it's two fold: 1. He's only looking at Lin's 3rd year, where he'll be getting $14.5 and not the contract as a whole.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
May

Fremont, CA

#1 Jul 22, 2012
Simple answer, JEALOUS
Ginobili

San Francisco, CA

#2 Jul 22, 2012
Jl is a drama queen starving for attention, contracts are being transpired daily but JL made it a big deal.
waco1954

United States

#3 Jul 22, 2012
Did Asik stay with the Bulls?

“Justice always prevails”

Since: Jan 12

vacaville

#4 Jul 22, 2012
waco1954 wrote:
Did Asik stay with the Bulls?
I heard the bulls will match the rockets offer sheet, but I don't know if they have already
waco1954

United States

#5 Jul 22, 2012
Yeah I just heard that .
waco1954

United States

#6 Jul 22, 2012
Rockets are going nowhere if Lin is all they have.

“Justice always prevails”

vacaville

#7 Jul 22, 2012
waco1954 wrote:
Rockets are going nowhere if Lin is all they have.
I think they are anticipating being a horrible team. I think Lin is just to get fans to still come to the games.
waco1954

United States

#8 Jul 22, 2012
I remember the Rockets with OLAJUWON.THE Rockets these days are pitiful.THE championship Rockets were as mentally tough as any team I've ever seen.I remember the playoffs with the Knicks.The Rockets relentless defense.People said it was a fluke.Then next year...they repeated.Ewing.the Admiral..and the monster in Orlando were no match for the quickness and speed of OLAJUWON.Like Earl Campbell he went down quickly after his prime.But the memories!

“Timshel”

Tulsa, OK

#9 Jul 22, 2012
May wrote:
Simple answer, JEALOUS
Oh believe me it's not jealously at all because who's really come out and said something about it and owns what they said? Carmelo Anthony and JR Smith. Neither one of them care what Lin makes monetarily especially Melo because he's set for 5 lifetimes or more so what's really at the heart of the matter?

One of two things or both. They both(Melo, JR)know Lin and his game inside and out and they both witnessed first hand, the LIN-sanity that swept the nation. So, they both may have a problem with him not deserving that paycheck because they feel his game doesn't mirror that type of money or as previous reports state, many of the Knicks players felt LIN-sanity went to Lin's own head and he got big-headed over it with no real game(flash in the pan)or experience to back up all the hype.
Ginobili

San Francisco, CA

#10 Jul 22, 2012
It just eats at my heart to see anymore non-whites in the NBA when many whites are jobless. But I could tell you, JL can flat out play. I have connections that have told me that JL has upped his game one more level. He is much stronger, bench presses a lot more, squat a lot more and leg press a lot more and his vertical jump both standing and running are a lot higher and his footwork is a lot better, moving laterally alot better, back and fro better and much faster. The man is still maturing physically and mentally and he is serious about practice. He reminds me of a Pete Rose, Mr hustle,a made athlete.
Dwain Sawh

Brooklyn, NY

#11 Jul 22, 2012
Jeremy Lin is just one Asian American player in the NBA and already the other players are trippin. What will happen in a few years when we get a few hundred good Asian American players in the NBA ?
Ginobili

San Francisco, CA

#12 Jul 22, 2012
You could see why the American whites are mad but we r not the vocal ones, it is the blacks. Look us whites we make up 65% of the US pop and yet the NBA is only 10% American white. Melo and JR r seething mad, just imagine how us whites feel. But as I say JL can flat out play, he has worked hard and train smart, he will be something to behold this year, a close source told me. Best of luck to him, I am no longer mad at him, the Bible told us to forgive, if is not his fault that he is a Chinese, not everyone can be lucky and born a white.
Dwain Sawh

Brooklyn, NY

#13 Jul 22, 2012
Reincarnation says that we all gets recycled. A black person now can be reborn in any other race next life time. An Asian person now can be reborn as any other race in next life time. So can whites, mexican, and any other race. So why do people make a big deal about a person's race ? It's just plain stupid. Bottom line is we don't know what race we will be reborn in next lifetime. It's funny how whites treat Asians, what if they are reborn as Asians in next lifetime ? Jeremy Lin is a very talented player that went unnoticed because he's Asian.
Old Jew

San Francisco, CA

#14 Jul 22, 2012
Christians do not believe in reincarnation, Hindus do.
Dwain Sawh

Brooklyn, NY

#15 Jul 22, 2012
Dosen't matter if Hindu, Christians, Jews, or whatever. All religions were created by alien beings. They came to earth and performed mericles that human can never do so we treat them as gods. One thing is for sure no matter what religion you believe we all gets recycled. As a matter of fact religion is the root of all evil. I am sure god says go build me a million dollar church to worship while you fellow human struggles. The catholic chruch pretents to be so wholy. Remember back in the days when they were telling people pay money or go to hell ? If they are so good why don't they just give back all the riches they stole from countries back in the days ? Missionaries were just an excuse to go to countries places like Africa,Asia, South America and steal the wealth. Missionary with the right hand and thief with the left hand. They distracted the people with that missionary crap and stole all their wealth.
Dwain Sawh

Brooklyn, NY

#16 Jul 22, 2012
Stop trippin he only one very good Asian baller. Fans like Jeremy Lin because he a humble player. He dosen't brag or boast about his skills. I am pretty sure you will never find Jeremy Lin doing drugs, with hookers or doing anything embarassing off the courts. Jeremy Lin is a good role model not only for Asians but for Americans and people all over the world.
Dwain Sawh

Brooklyn, NY

#17 Jul 22, 2012
Old Jew wrote:
Christians do not believe in reincarnation, Hindus do.
Dosen't only have to be a Hindu thing. We all gets recycled at the end.
Ginobili

San Francisco, CA

#18 Jul 22, 2012
I could not wait for the season to start. JL put up or shut up.
Dwain Sawh

Brooklyn, NY

#19 Jul 22, 2012
Jeremy Lin is a hardworking player. I am sure he will continue to improve over the summer. By the time baskeball season comes around he will be at another level.
Ginobili

San Francisco, CA

#20 Jul 22, 2012
If he is at another level it will be scary. Talking from a coaches point of view, JL have a lot going for him he has good mental skills, phyiscal and technical skills and he is coachable. He is young also. He will get not better but much better. Kobe like him a lot, he was trying to get him to go to LA, he said that if anybody missed on JL they should had been fired.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Houston Rockets Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jeremy Lin Manhood Size Discussions Reveal Raci... (Feb '12) Oct '14 Sam 23
NBA Trade Rumors: Jeremy Lin, Omer Asik & Chand... (May '14) Sep '14 cavas 132
Jeremy Lin ruined by the Rockets, but Coach of ... (Mar '14) Aug '14 NBA Fan 7
Scottie Pippen - Best Chicago Bull Ever Aug '14 Go Blue Forever 3
The Starting Lineup Revealed Jul '14 naqib 2
Where Free Agent LeBron James Will Take His Tal... Jul '14 shenmengxing 2
NBA Free Agency Day 2: Carmelo Anthony Gets Win... Jul '14 shahrukhsklove 1
More from around the web