Jeremy Lin upset New York Knicks didn't offer contract before Houston Rockets

Jul 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Sporting News

Jeremy Lin is upset the New York Knicks didn't move to re-sign him before the Houston Rockets' proposed $29-million offer sheet, according to the New York Daily News .

Comments
1 - 20 of 59 Comments Last updated Jul 19, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
jamesyon39

Blountstown, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

you should knick give you change last year you would out for good
Ginobili

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

J. Lin is not that good, too many turnovers and dumb plays. Too much playground ball. He will do better in China, he does not belonged in America. He is lucky that the Knicks and the Rockets pay him so much money so he can send it back to China.
In China he would just play for a bowl of rice and 1/2 oz of meat. We already have enough foreigners on our teams, we need to use a quota system.
OnPoint

Flemington, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2012

Judged:

Jerem Lin , Was smart to put himslf on the market after his good season . If not - Do you think Knicks would offer 28 million ? Fat Chance ! Now Knicks pay up or shut up - Hello Dallas ! This is the Real World Ginobili - USA was built on Foreigners contributions . Beyond having extraordinary talent , Lin is Harvard Economics Graduate , Your post reflects your ignorant racist mediocrity ....
Ginobili

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2012

Judged:

Harvard school of China, learning basket weaving.
The NBA should only allowed Americans to play in it, I mean White Anglo-Saxon Protestants. We were in this country first.

“Timshel”

Since: Jan 12

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2012

Last I checked, this land we call America had natives on it first and nobody can claim this land as truly being theirs as them so cut the crap Ginobili. "On Point" is correct, this country and civilization is what it is today all due to people alien to this land ie. England, France and Spain. I'd tell you to avoid talking about history and stick with something you know but b-ball knowledge alludes you too and we've all been trying to get you to stop talking ball...

Lin IMO is a lot like Tebow. He's ingratiated himself to the majority with being the underdog or the one who's always been passed over all without possessing all the tools necessary to go with all the acclaim. Lin doesn't need to go to China or overseas and play for stereotypical, racist things but I think it would do him a world of good to stay with NY and learn from one of the best PG's the NBA has ever had in J-Kidd.

Ginobili, not only do I view you as a lying idiot(because of your wild NBA playing claims), you've also shown yourself now to be an ignorant, intolerant racist too. We to own being an overall POS pal.
Ginobili

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2012

Judged:

We were the first civilized people in America, the natives do not count. But anyways at over 7 million dollars per year Lin is not worth it. No one goes and watch a Chinese play BB, he will screw up NYC;s image. What does a Chinese know about BB?

“Timshel”

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2012

Ginobili wrote:
We were the first civilized people in America, the natives do not count. But anyways at over 7 million dollars per year Lin is not worth it. No one goes and watch a Chinese play BB, he will screw up NYC;s image. What does a Chinese know about BB?
Who's we genius?

$7mil is a bargain by today's NBA salary standards for a player as good as Lin and yea, Y. Ming and Lin are serious draws. Lin-Sanity ring any bells fool?

NY's image? Doesn't a little monument in NY have this to say?

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me.
I lift my lamp beside the golden door."

Now who do you think that's directed to?
Truth69

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2012

lol,may not know much about BB but got me laughing anyhow,dont think lin will make much of a inpact as far as a rose or rondo but kidd should help inprove his game as far as the thinking part of the game which he lacks
Ginobili

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2012

Judged:

From what I have read, watch TV and movies the only thing the Chinese are good is food and doing laundry. Watch in London they will get a big spanking. Most high school kids are better than Lin, Stern just put him in because Chinese is an oddity, they watch because it is very unusual for a Chinese to play in the NBA. Wang Zhi Zhi, Yao Ming, Meng and now Lin--all these people I mentioned I could easily outplayed them with one hand.
SSS

Sorrento, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2012

Dude Jeremy Lin is on the knicks they beat the Rockets offer, get updated on the NBA before u put somethin about it....PEACE! <3 8-----
clem

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 12, 2012

Judged:

Ginobili wrote:
Harvard school of China, learning basket weaving.
The NBA should only allowed Americans to play in it, I mean White Anglo-Saxon Protestants. We were in this country first.
Wrong site,go post on the N.A.S.C.A.R. site. You sound like a " good ole boy ". Moron.
Ginobili

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

Judged:

I am no racist, I just want to place people in their rightful places. Chinese belonged in the restaurant and laundry businesses. Mexicans, blacks,Europeans et al also have their places. Us white Anglo-Saxons belonged in the top echelon.
Ginobili

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

Yes I watch NASCAR and I belonged to a white militia group that's totally for America and Americans only.
Dan

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

Judged:

Ginobili wrote:
I am no racist, I just want to place people in their rightful places. Chinese belonged in the restaurant and laundry businesses. Mexicans, blacks,Europeans et al also have their places. Us white Anglo-Saxons belonged in the top echelon.
Haha i totally get it now, you must be a comedian or something because no one can be this stupid in real life

“Justice always prevails”

vacaville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

Judged:

Ginobili wrote:
J. Lin is not that good, too many turnovers and dumb plays. Too much playground ball. He will do better in China, he does not belonged in America. He is lucky that the Knicks and the Rockets pay him so much money so he can send it back to China.
In China he would just play for a bowl of rice and 1/2 oz of meat. We already have enough foreigners on our teams, we need to use a quota system.
You definitely don't know crap. You make yourself less believable with every key stroke

“Timshel”

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

Dan wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha i totally get it now, you must be a comedian or something because no one can be this stupid in real life
Yea, I think he's a no-class, no job havin nobody who gets his rocks off by being an inflammatory assclown.

He clearly knows zip about what he's saying. It's all shock value to him.
Ginobili

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

Judged:

What I am speaking is the truth, once you see that u will sdee the light. We are the majority in America why should we b the minority in the NBA. I am no racist but them minorities need to konw their place. I am so non-racist that when I was playing ball each stop at NYC I would go to Katz and Nathan's, when in Houston I would go to that former NBA player's restaurant I believe he was 7'6" and his name was Yow Wow Bow Wow and when in New Orleans, I would get me some Cajun Food served by the black bros. But Jeremy really should not get upset at all, he is below average and he is getting over 7 million a year while many of us whites are broke and looking jobs.

“Timshel”

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 13, 2012

Judged:

Ginobili wrote:
What I am speaking is the truth, once you see that u will sdee the light. We are the majority in America why should we b the minority in the NBA. I am no racist but them minorities need to konw their place. I am so non-racist that when I was playing ball each stop at NYC I would go to Katz and Nathan's, when in Houston I would go to that former NBA player's restaurant I believe he was 7'6" and his name was Yow Wow Bow Wow and when in New Orleans, I would get me some Cajun Food served by the black bros. But Jeremy really should not get upset at all, he is below average and he is getting over 7 million a year while many of us whites are broke and looking jobs.
I'm white(1st gen. American from England)and 1/4 Asian on my mother's side and I played ball too and this is the TRUTH, white people just have more options in life than black people. There are a lot less white people that have to use sports as their way out of bad situations than black people. So there in-lies the reason professional sports in America is usually dominated by black athletes.

If you're hung up about too many black people in sports start watching hockey, tennis, volleyball, NASCAR, golf(wait, Tiger Woods owns that too), ice skating, ping pong, lacrosse.

People are people no matter the color and we all bleed the same color! Do you really think we would have ever been given the gift of Michael Jordan if the NBA was "whites only"? What about Jerry Rice? What about Pele? Name their white equivalents. Quit being ignorant and just enjoy the show we get to watch and enjoy.

“Justice always prevails”

vacaville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2012

_Jusayin_ wrote:
<quoted text>I'm white(1st gen. American from England)and 1/4 Asian on my mother's side and I played ball too and this is the TRUTH, white people just have more options in life than black people. There are a lot less white people that have to use sports as their way out of bad situations than black people. So there in-lies the reason professional sports in America is usually dominated by black athletes.

If you're hung up about too many black people in sports start watching hockey, tennis, volleyball, NASCAR, golf(wait, Tiger Woods owns that too), ice skating, ping pong, lacrosse.

People are people no matter the color and we all bleed the same color! Do you really think we would have ever been given the gift of Michael Jordan if the NBA was "whites only"? What about Jerry Rice? What about Pele? Name their white equivalents. Quit being ignorant and just enjoy the show we get to watch and enjoy.
I'm liking you more every post lol. Nicely put

“Timshel”

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2012

The_Solution wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm liking you more every post lol. Nicely put
Why thank you. Truth and Justice for the win!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••