Jeremy Lin upset New York Knicks didn't offer contract before Houston Rockets

Jul 11, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Sporting News

Jeremy Lin is upset the New York Knicks didn't move to re-sign him before the Houston Rockets' proposed $29-million offer sheet, according to the New York Daily News .

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 59 of59
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Timshel”

Since: Jan 12

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

The_Solution wrote:
<quoted text>
No you are very wrong on this. Houston is bringing in someone to put butts in the seats. Lin will attract the same asian American fans that were around when Yao Ming played plus people of every color who love his story. If they don't add another notable name to their roster, they will still be able market LINsanity. Not mention, he does indeed have some game.
100% correct.

“Justice always prevails”

vacaville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

Ginobili wrote:
Thgey are trying hard to get Dwight Howard, they already have a young team with lots of potential.
The rockets are complete garbage without Lowry and scola. If they get Howard they will lose Martin and all their draft prospects from this years draft plus future first round picks. Which will mean they will be garbage for years to come especially when Howard won't resign.

vacaville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

Judged:

Guest wrote:
<quoted text>As an Asian America, J. Lin was born in US but you still call him 'foreigner'. Then you should call Jordan and Kobe 'foreigner' as well because they are Africa America.
But the lack of Asian American talent in the NBA(not to mention Harvard players) is something "foreign" to most casual NBA watchers. There are so many African American players in the NBA so they don't seem "foreign" like a Hispanic, Asian, or Indian player would.

vacaville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2012

Judged:

_Jusayin_ wrote:
<quoted text>"Ginobili" is the resident nutjob. He says one thing than totally contradicts himself later on as is proof with what you quoted. He said Lin was basically worthless and now he says McHale saw all this awesomeness flowing from Lin and he's magically better now all of a sudden. Then, if Ginobili doesn't feel as if he's getting the response he's after he brings out his alter ego "Snowflake".

He really thinks he's foolin somebody.
Lol you got the book on ginobli
Dwain Sawh

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Jeremy Lin played with his heart and soul for the Knicks this is how they repay him. Knicks deserve to be the joke of the NBA.

Hopefully Jeremy Lin will be more appreciated in Houston.
jack

Taipei, Taiwan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Ginobili wrote:
J. Lin is not that good, too many turnovers and dumb plays. Too much playground ball. He will do better in China, he does not belonged in America. He is lucky that the Knicks and the Rockets pay him so much money so he can send it back to China.
In China he would just play for a bowl of rice and 1/2 oz of meat. We already have enough foreigners on our teams, we need to use a quota system.
Boy you sound racist! If you consider Jeremy as foreigner, take a good look at your ancestry.....I remember when Linsanity was at its peak, many wanted a piece of it. So be a sport and end this foreigner thing. NBA won't be what it is today without these so called foreigners !! BTW are you jobless?

“Timshel”

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Dwain Sawh wrote:
Jeremy Lin played with his heart and soul for the Knicks this is how they repay him. Knicks deserve to be the joke of the NBA.
Hopefully Jeremy Lin will be more appreciated in Houston.
Many credible NBA "inside sources" have said there was some ill-feelings towards Lin in the Knicks locker room because they felt the LINsanity period actually went to Lin's head. Did that play a role in this conclusion? Maybe.

I believe the Knicks should've at least signed Lin to an extension last season and got something in return for him if they were looking at letting him leave because that's just good business but because they didn't and Lin walked for nothing which is unbelievable the Knicks owner looks foolish but the Knicks aren't losing anything IMO. Lin was good but he's not ready to be a starting PG for the Knicks. Too big a stage, too many expectations. Lin is in a really good spot now where he can develop without the relentless NY media and fan's expectations. Houston has a wonderful large Asian community and he'll come along nicely there. Good for Lin though in getting his $$$ and landing in a great spot for HIM.

“Timshel”

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

jack wrote:
<quoted text>
Boy you sound racist! If you consider Jeremy as foreigner, take a good look at your ancestry.....I remember when Linsanity was at its peak, many wanted a piece of it. So be a sport and end this foreigner thing. NBA won't be what it is today without these so called foreigners !! BTW are you jobless?
"Ginobili" on Topix is giving the REAL Ginobili a horrible name and it doesn't sound racist it was rasict.

Yep, black, white, red, yellow, green, purple, Jew, Muslim, Christian, native and foreign EVERYBODY cashed in on LINsanity and will try and do so in Houston as well.

The NBA is definitely better for allowing foreign players to join. Petrovic(RIP), Ming, Gasol bros., Nash and on and on and I'd hate to think of the NBA as just being American born only. How boring and close-minded would that be? It's awesome to have seen players like D. Petrovic come up from what he did and not just make it into the NBA but he took it by storm and he did it with a child like joy that's inspired American born NBA players to this day infact.

BTW, "Ginobili" claims to have been a former NBA player and currently a collegiate level coach. I know, right?

“Timshel”

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

The_Solution wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol you got the book on ginobli
Maaaan, if you're gonna go to this extreme and lie at least be good at it!

Then again, I'll group Topix "Ginobili" in with what I said about the NBA's foreign players. Without him here, making such a fool out of himself it might be boring too.
Ginobili

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

When we speak about Americans we are referring to pure white Anglo-Saxon Protestant males, we are the mainstream and we were here first as the first civilized people here. Yes we do tolerate Lin because us whites are ever forgiving. Now if you want to know anything about Lin, you can ask me, I have coached him at youth league and coach against him in high school. He is a very nice kid and very coachable and a fast learner. He has a great family and they are very close, he has have two brothers and they live only a few blocks from me. After hearing from most of you and from what I have read and saw with my eyes, the Knicks did the right because Lin already did the trick for them they are sold out for the next three years and they have also got a Time Warner cable contract. Whether Lin is there or not they are still making money out of Linsanity. You guys may think I am a racist but that's how most of us whites feel about others.
Fishes

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

_Jusayin_ wrote:
<quoted text>IMO. Lin was good but he's not ready to be a starting PG for the Knicks. Too big a stage, too many expectations. Lin is in a really good spot now where he can develop without the relentless NY media and fan's expectations. Houston has a wonderful large Asian community and he'll come along nicely there. Good for Lin though in getting his $$$ and landing in a great spot for HIM.
I agree, he'll be better off in Houston away from the toxic NY media environment and sky high expectations, where he can work on his game an improve like any young player needs to.
Ginobili

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

McHale is a much better coach than Mike woodson anyways, we coaches ranked McHale much higher than Woodson. The Rockets last year as bad as the players were finish only two games from making the playoffs, hats off to McHale. Jusayin you are not white don't ever tell people that. You already know about the 1% rule, you are 25% Chinese, that makes you Chinese not white. Whites we accept people who r ethnicly pure only. One of our Presidents even preached that, Jimmy Carter in one of his quotes. In WWII , the Japanese were put into internment camps because we were afraid that they may side with their homeland brethrens.

vacaville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2012

Judged:

Ginobili wrote:
McHale is a much better coach than Mike woodson anyways, we coaches ranked McHale much higher than Woodson. The Rockets last year as bad as the players were finish only two games from making the playoffs, hats off to McHale. Jusayin you are not white don't ever tell people that. You already know about the 1% rule, you are 25% Chinese, that makes you Chinese not white. Whites we accept people who r ethnicly pure only. One of our Presidents even preached that, Jimmy Carter in one of his quotes. In WWII , the Japanese were put into internment camps because we were afraid that they may side with their homeland brethrens.
You sound so stupid!! You are not a coach. You were not in the NBA!! Kevin McHale's teams have NEVER made the playoffs in 3 seasons. Mike Woodson's teams made the playoffs 4 out of 7 years
Truth

Sunnyvale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2012

Ginobili wrote:
J. Lin is not that good, too many turnovers and dumb plays. Too much playground ball. He will do better in China, he does not belonged in America. He is lucky that the Knicks and the Rockets pay him so much money so he can send it back to China.
In China he would just play for a bowl of rice and 1/2 oz of meat. We already have enough foreigners on our teams, we need to use a quota system.
How stupid Ginobili is! Ginobili does not know that Jeremy Lin is an America Born American, does not belong to China. Ginobili does not know that China is the biggest Lender of America. China has lent tons of money to America. Now Americans owe Billions to China.
Truth

Sunnyvale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2012

Ginobili's remark is too stupid.
Ginobili does not know that J. Lin is an America born American, does not belong to China.
Ginobili does not know American's deficit that American owe China tens billion dollars. China does not need Lin to send money instead, Lin will make a lot of money from China. Stupit Ginobili does not know anything, but "Racist".
Ginobili

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2012

To put it straight Lin was born in Los Angeles and America owes China nearly a trillion dollars. If you want to know anything about Lin or China just ask me. Lin's name in Chinese is Shu Hou and his family lives in Palo Alto cvlose to Standford. I am no racist, I was just brought up a little different than you. Insiders tell me that T-shirts and tickets are selling well in Houston so for those of you who want them get them early.

“Timshel”

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2012

Ginobili wrote:
we coaches ranked McHale much higher than Woodson.
"we coaches"? You are too funny.
Ginobili wrote:
Jusayin you are not white don't ever tell people that. You already know about the 1% rule, you are 25% Chinese, that makes you Chinese not white.
I guess I missed the part about the all important and vital 1% race class in school. I guess that's the downside of not being 100% white or in the KKK right? As far as I knew, a 1%-er meant that's all the heart he/she has, nothing to do with race but whatever buddy.

I'm also not Chinese. I said I was of Asian descent only even though there is absolutely nothing wrong with being Chinese. What a beautiful and rich culture they have.
Ginobili wrote:
Whites we accept people who r ethnicly pure only.
How boring it must be for you. Me, I love the variety and I love to learn and hear about the way other people from other parts of the world live and have lived and what they believe and prejudices they overcame.
Ginobili wrote:
One of our Presidents even preached that, Jimmy Carter in one of his quotes.
IF, he said racist things which nobody can believe coming from you of all people but IF he did that look what he's been doing to redeem himself since leaving the oval office...He's been building houses for the less fortunate whatever race they may be including the white people.

“Timshel”

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2012

Ginobili,

The sad thing is, it wouldn't surprise me if you turned out to be a homosexual of Chinese or Asian descent who's suffering from internal racism with some of the things you say and if you were that would be cool but you claim to be white and basically a white supremest and you're clearly racist against the Chinese yet you live in the gorgeous city of San Francisco with arguably the highest concentration of...wait for it...Homosexuals and Asians in America?

Does that strike anybody else of being a little odd too?
Ginobili

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2012

JL need not be upset, he is going to a better place. NY is Carmelo's team with the Rockets soon it will be JL's team. The amount of money and trust the Knicks bestowed upon Melo, it better be his team.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 59 of59
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••