Chicago Bulls and Detroit Pistons courting Ben Gordon

Full story: Chicago Tribune

A busy Tuesday for Joe Dumars began with the Pistons' president of basketball operations firing coach Michael Curry and ended with him making overtures for guard Ben Gordon as NBA free agency began at 11:01 p.m. Chicago time.
Comments
41 - 42 of 42 Comments Last updated Jul 1, 2009
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
ATLDre

Marietta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2009

RKA wrote:
<quoted text>
That was not the Admin's fault that they offered Ben and Luol the same contract the year after they went to the second round and both of them turn it down. The following summer, Deng was smart enough to get his deal hammered out first while Ben sat around to see if he could get a better deal. He shot himself in the foot with that when no one made him an offer. The Bulls offered him the rest of the money they had left before hitting luxury tax territory and turned it down. So the Bulls took the offer off the table and Ben came crawling back too late once he found out he wasn't worth much that summer.
I've always said the Bulls offered BG a contract he should've signed. But the fact is Reinsdorf came down from the throne and personally did Deng's contract. Pax did not negotiate that deal. Deng wasn't smarter, he was Reinsdorf's pseudo child and was shown favorable treatment. Deng had a worse season after he turned down his deal and was rewarded with a better contract. Can you blame Gordon for not signing? Deng's deal had nothing to do with what he was worth, only how much he was liked by the owner.
ATLDre

Marietta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 1, 2009

Nada Surf wrote:
<quoted text>ROFLLMAQ!
A proven gunner that has no idea what team play is, is more like it.
Are you still waiting on Thabo to become an allstar? You shot your credibility in the talent evaluation column long ago with that gem..
As we all saw last season the Bulls offenseive scheme was to run, gun and worry about defense in the post game interviews. If you believe the Bulls will be committed to defense next season I have some land to sell you in a quiet and peaceful region just a few minutes south of Bagdad.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Detroit Pistons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trade Season: Detroit Dealin' (Jan '14) May '14 Will 2
Report: Isiah Thomas could replace ex-backcourt... Apr '14 Pearl Heyboer 2
Lillard's shot lifts Blazers over Pistons in OT (Dec '13) Dec '13 Ravishankar kumar 1
Heat seek revenge against Pistons (Dec '13) Dec '13 NFL STREAM 2
2014 NBA Mock Draft: A Very Early Look at Next ... (Jul '13) Jul '13 mars 2
What they're saying: Tom Gores says Pistons nee... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Umberto Menghi 1
Where Do Chicago Bulls Go From Here? (May '13) May '13 tyan 3

Search the Detroit Pistons Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••