Bulls' Ben Gordon has showcase game vs. Pistons

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. - The Pistons are one of the few teams this off-season armed with salary-cap space, roughly $22 million. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Tiffany

United States

#21 Apr 14, 2009
Now its gettin down to the nitty gritty,the bulls have been lacking defense,and tyrus has'nt been strong enough to guard other big players,and plus hes not shootin enough,thats why i say they should get roberson off the bench,and watch him knock down those shots,and throw them 3s,someone other than salmons,and gordon has to step up
Amerdica

Cincinnati, OH

#22 Apr 15, 2009
Nada Surf wrote:
<quoted text>But you can't picture any Bulls' guard posting up Gordon on the other end and having career-high games?
You can't be very bright.
My point was that he is a clutch shooter, his defense sux but when point are needed in crunch time he can be very effective. every team needs that kind of a clutch shooter, or at least every team without a break out superstar
Nada Surf

B M Goldwater A F Range, AZ

#23 Apr 15, 2009
Chris Carr wrote:
<quoted text>
Gooden- part of the deal that got us salmons, miller, roberson
Artest- got us jalen rose, others
Chandler- got us a much better defender in PJ Brown and shed Chandler's horribly big contract
JR Smith- got a 1st round pick (thankfully because JR is a much worse version of Gordon with more problems)
Rodney Carney- traded for Thabo
Thabo-traded for 1st round pick. deal was done mostly to free up cap space
Your post was horribly incorrect as we have received compensation for these players in the past. The ones we received nothing for, simply addition by subtraction
Like there was something good about obtaining Jalen Rose?
Nada Surf

#24 Apr 15, 2009
jgoods wrote:
would be nice to get rid of deng and keep kirk and gordan.The deal pax made with deng is gonna hurt the bulls in the long run if they cant buyout the contract or find someone dumb enuff to take him in a trade.Once deng is gone the bulls will have alot of capspace and they could go after an allstar like bosh or bozer.Has anyone really missed deng this year? from what i remember his best yr was 2 seasons ago 18 ppg last year it was more like 16ppg and now its a whooping 14ppg. that 14ppg was also in starters minutes. Why let go of gordan ? i have never heard him complain about being the 6th man.
Im just say'n that 70+ million could be split between gordan and someone like bosh. no need for the soft deng to be here, we are better off without him
Who is Gordan, Mr. Driftwood?
Nada Surf

#25 Apr 15, 2009
Amerdica wrote:
<quoted text>
My point was that he is a clutch shooter, his defense **** but when point are needed in crunch time he can be very effective. every team needs that kind of a clutch shooter, or at least every team without a break out superstar
No; every team needs an unselfish player that can hit the open man and not call out his own number way too much.
Tiffany

United States

#26 Apr 15, 2009
The bulls have plenty if unselfish players
Tiffany

United States

#27 Apr 15, 2009
My fault,i meant plenty of unselfish players
Nada Surf

#28 Apr 15, 2009
But it only takes one (Ben Gordon) to ruin a team.
Tiffany

United States

#29 Apr 15, 2009
he actually makes the team better

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Detroit Pistons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sorry, Denver, Chauncey belongs to Detroit Oct '14 Steve 2
Trade Season: Detroit Dealin' (Jan '14) May '14 Will 2
Report: Isiah Thomas could replace ex-backcourt... (Mar '14) Apr '14 Pearl Heyboer 2
Lillard's shot lifts Blazers over Pistons in OT (Dec '13) Dec '13 Ravishankar kumar 1
Heat seek revenge against Pistons (Dec '13) Dec '13 NFL STREAM 2
2014 NBA Mock Draft: A Very Early Look at Next ... (Jul '13) Jul '13 mars 2
What they're saying: Tom Gores says Pistons nee... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Umberto Menghi 1
More from around the web