Bulls' Ben Gordon has showcase game v...

Bulls' Ben Gordon has showcase game vs. Pistons

There are 29 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Apr 13, 2009, titled Bulls' Ben Gordon has showcase game vs. Pistons. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

AUBURN HILLS, Mich. - The Pistons are one of the few teams this off-season armed with salary-cap space, roughly $22 million.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ike from chi

Gary, IN

#1 Apr 14, 2009
goodbye
Tweener Scuds

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Apr 14, 2009
Could this team beat the current Bulls, if it did not have Rose?

Bonner, Gooden, Artest, Chandler, JR Smith, Sefolosha, Rodney Carney, Crawford, Duhon, Shannon Brown? Bulls received nothing for them except a "second rounder" and a very late first (so far as I can remember). There are others that could be added to the list.
sportfan

Latvia

#3 Apr 14, 2009
very interesting project for all sport fans!
visit www.sportfantournament.com and have a fun :)
get your facts straight

Melrose, MA

#4 Apr 14, 2009
gooden is what helped bring salmons and miller onto this team, so i don't know what you're talking about on that one

and if you think duhon and shannon brown are the answer to this team... i don't know what to tell you.
Amerdica

Cincinnati, OH

#5 Apr 14, 2009
The Bulls need to get rid of deng and sign gordon. i can picture gordon on another team killing us. yea he is a streaky shooter but when hes on hes on. he is a shorter version of Peja, Turk, or Reggie miller(when gordon is on fire)
Rod from Tennessee

AOL

#6 Apr 14, 2009
Wasn't it J.R. Smith, who came either with or around the same time that Paxson acquired Tim Thomas the first time? Talk about a couple of bad decisions. Smith only dropped in almost 50 last night in Denver's win, and obviously Thomas has somehow gone from being a pariah to being a playmaker. Throw in the Ben Wallace signing, and the Luol Deng signing, and that's why it's really hard to give any sort of kudos to Paxson. Granted his trade for Miller and Salmons has definitely helped improve his stock some, but the bad still outweighs the good in my mind.
Mgray

Atlanta, GA

#7 Apr 14, 2009
Who lets their top scorer walk with nothing in return?
Mgray

Atlanta, GA

#8 Apr 14, 2009
Rod from Tennessee wrote:
Wasn't it J.R. Smith, who came either with or around the same time that Paxson acquired Tim Thomas the first time? Talk about a couple of bad decisions. Smith only dropped in almost 50 last night in Denver's win, and obviously Thomas has somehow gone from being a pariah to being a playmaker. Throw in the Ben Wallace signing, and the Luol Deng signing, and that's why it's really hard to give any sort of kudos to Paxson. Granted his trade for Miller and Salmons has definitely helped improve his stock some, but the bad still outweighs the good in my mind.
Paxson is one of the most incompetent GMs in Pro sports. Bar NONE.
Arif

Plainfield, IL

#9 Apr 14, 2009
I strongly believe the Bulls will sign Ben Gordon this off-season. It looks as if Kirk Hinrich will be the guy to be shopped around. He did have interests from the Timberwolves, Heat, and Magic. Although, I would love to see both players in Bulls uniforms next season but time will tell.
I can't believe their are still so many fake Bulls fans on this forum. Paxson has done a terrific job after accquiring Salmons and Miller. Not to mention positioning himself for the 2010 sweepstakes for a bonofied superstar. Regardless, 4 of 5 seasons in the Playoffs is gravy.
Nada Surf

B M Goldwater A F Range, AZ

#10 Apr 14, 2009
Tweener Scuds wrote:
Bonner, Gooden, Artest, Chandler, JR Smith, Sefolosha, Rodney Carney, Crawford, Duhon, Shannon Brown? Bulls received nothing for them except a "second rounder" and a very late first (so far as I can remember). There are others that could be added to the list.
That team would totally suck and most of them would be in jail by now.
Nada Surf

#11 Apr 14, 2009
Amerdica wrote:
The Bulls need to get rid of deng and sign gordon. i can picture gordon on another team killing us. yea he is a streaky shooter but when hes on hes on. he is a shorter version of Peja, Turk, or Reggie miller(when gordon is on fire)
But you can't picture any Bulls' guard posting up Gordon on the other end and having career-high games?
You can't be very bright.
Nada Surf

#12 Apr 14, 2009
Rod from Tennessee wrote:
Wow. Vanilla Rod actually brought something to the table here!
Smith is nothing but a Gordon-type that gets hot now and then.
He'll kill the chemistry on any team, eventually.
Tim Thomas is nothing but a lazy gunner.
Deng was good signing and Pax has been very good and will get better.
Nada Surf

#13 Apr 14, 2009
Mgray wrote:
Who lets their top scorer walk with nothing in return?
Who cares about top scorer?
I agree that the Bulls should have dealt Gordon a long time ago, but from what I hear, nobody wanted him.
I wouldn't let my top PLAYER go without compensation and Gordon is nowhere near being that, Captain Sunshine.
Nada Surf

#14 Apr 14, 2009
Mgray wrote:
<quoted text>
Paxson is one of the most incompetent GMs in Pro sports. Bar NONE.
Coming from an incompetent poster, who would care about this opinion, Captain Sunshine?
michael p coy

Montgomery, IL

#15 Apr 14, 2009
It's to Bad that a Player who leads, Has the year long stats to back his game up, is far from the worst defender, and dedicates himself to conditioning year round can't get a Fair Shake from the Fatty Brain Celled Posters who are Attention Starved Morons Sitting on there Over Sized Back sides 24/7 Each and Every Week Posting the the Lazy No Life Spews of Stupidity Over and Over Again rather than using Any Editing of their Totally Stupid Comments! Acting as Though they are Contributing Anything to Anyone! You Guys totally Belong Under the Toilet Rim. That's the Only Rim You Have Any Clue Of. Now go get some Money and a Hug From your mommy.....
Tiffany

United States

#16 Apr 14, 2009
ben wont carry them during the playoffs,they need a miracle,somthing they dont have
Bloomie

Palos Heights, IL

#17 Apr 14, 2009
It'll be a sad day in Chicago win the Bulls lose the hall of famer Ben Gordon. I remember win he led the Bulls to 5 consecutive championships and won all those MVP awards. I never have seen a player of his caliber in my life. Greatest player ever. We should not have insulted him by offering him a mere 10 mil a year. He is obviously better than Kobe, LeBron, Dwade and a bag of chips. NOT!
Bloomie

Palos Heights, IL

#18 Apr 14, 2009
michael p coy wrote:
It's to Bad that a Player who leads, Has the year long stats to back his game up, is far from the worst defender, and dedicates himself to conditioning year round can't get a Fair Shake from the Fatty Brain Celled Posters who are Attention Starved **** Sitting on there Over Sized Back sides 24/7 Each and Every Week Posting the the Lazy No Life Spews of Stupidity Over and Over Again rather than using Any Editing of their Totally Stupid Comments! Acting as Though they are Contributing Anything to Anyone! You Guys totally Belong Under the Toilet Rim. That's the Only Rim You Have Any Clue Of. Now go get some Money and a Hug From your mommy.....
Just because you have a picture of a shirtless BG over your bed, and you do pilates in a one piece leotard doesn't give you the right to vent. Go root for whatever team BG signs with and I will remain a Bulls fan.
jgoods

Peoria, IL

#19 Apr 14, 2009
would be nice to get rid of deng and keep kirk and gordan.The deal pax made with deng is gonna hurt the bulls in the long run if they cant buyout the contract or find someone dumb enuff to take him in a trade.Once deng is gone the bulls will have alot of capspace and they could go after an allstar like bosh or bozer.Has anyone really missed deng this year? from what i remember his best yr was 2 seasons ago 18 ppg last year it was more like 16ppg and now its a whooping 14ppg. that 14ppg was also in starters minutes. Why let go of gordan ? i have never heard him complain about being the 6th man.
Im just say'n that 70+ million could be split between gordan and someone like bosh. no need for the soft deng to be here, we are better off without him
Chris Carr

Chicago, IL

#20 Apr 14, 2009
Tweener Scuds wrote:
Gooden- part of the deal that got us salmons, miller, roberson
Artest- got us jalen rose, others
Chandler- got us a much better defender in PJ Brown and shed Chandler's horribly big contract
JR Smith- got a 1st round pick (thankfully because JR is a much worse version of Gordon with more problems)
Rodney Carney- traded for Thabo
Thabo-traded for 1st round pick. deal was done mostly to free up cap space

Your post was horribly incorrect as we have received compensation for these players in the past. The ones we received nothing for, simply addition by subtraction

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Detroit Pistons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sorry, Denver, Chauncey belongs to Detroit (Oct '14) Oct '14 Steve 2
News Trade Season: Detroit Dealin' (Jan '14) May '14 Will 2
News Report: Isiah Thomas could replace ex-backcourt... (Mar '14) Apr '14 Pearl Heyboer 2
News Lillard's shot lifts Blazers over Pistons in OT (Dec '13) Dec '13 Ravishankar kumar 1
News Heat seek revenge against Pistons (Dec '13) Dec '13 NFL STREAM 2
News 2014 NBA Mock Draft: A Very Early Look at Next ... (Jul '13) Jul '13 mars 2
News What they're saying: Tom Gores says Pistons nee... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Umberto Menghi 1
More from around the web