Nuggets 7-1 with Chauncey

Nuggets 7-1 with Chauncey

There are 6 comments on the Detroit Free Press story from Nov 20, 2008, titled Nuggets 7-1 with Chauncey. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

SAN ANTONIO -- Chauncey Billups scored 22 points and Carmelo Anthony 21, and the Denver Nuggets cruised to a 91-81 victory Wednesday night over the San Antonio Spurs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

Marc

Newport, MI

#1 Nov 24, 2008
Good for Chauncey!!. We wish him well in his new home. He sure did a fine job in Detroit. We miss him.
Pistons Eat Poop

Evansville, IN

#2 Nov 24, 2008
Hhhhhhhhmmmmmmmm lets see there, the Denver, Nuggets are 7-1 after this trade with out Antonio McDyess. And the Stolen Pistons have only won like (now stolen Pistons fans correct me if I'm wrong on this) 3 games with AI on their team and currently have a losing record with AI. I'd say it's pretty obvious that the Nuggets clearly got the better end of this trade. But (no offense to Nuggets fans at all) I honestly highly doubt either the Nuggets nor the Pistons make it to the playoffs this season. Also I would like to say that although I am happy for the Nuggets because they got rid of AI especially since he went to the stolen Pistons at a high price. I sadly have to say that it's kind of too bad the for us Pacers fans that the Pistons got Billups for AI since we were hoping the Denver Nuggets would take Jamaal Tinsley off our hands. Oh well there's always a chance Golden State will give us something for Tinsley.
Marc The Netherlands

Netherlands

#3 Dec 13, 2008
I'm a Piston fans since 1988. Correct me when I am wrong but didn't Detroit win three Championships..? What about poor Indiana..? I am sad that Chauncey is gone, but Detroit will be back... So loser from Indiana, dream on with your Reggie Miller syndrom and hope you will reach Play Offs within 10 years!
By the way, Denver will be there with Billups!
Pistons Eat Poop

Evansville, IN

#4 Dec 15, 2008
Marc The Netherlands wrote:
I'm a Piston fans since 1988. Correct me when I am wrong but didn't Detroit win three Championships..? What about poor Indiana..? I am sad that Chauncey is gone, but Detroit will be back... So loser from Indiana, dream on with your Reggie Miller syndrom and hope you will reach Play Offs within 10 years!
By the way, Denver will be there with Billups!
1.Either way you look at it the Pistons are still a stolen team that turned all their fans into convicts. Indiana went 20 years years with nothing more then 2-3 farm league teams when the Pistons left. But at least the stolen Pistons won their championships without cheating (hint hint New England Patsies).

2.Indiana prolly won't win an NBA championship for a long time. But I think next season they will get a good draft pick (someone much better then Rodney Stucky) and sign someone like Carlos Boozer, Amari Stoudamire or Andre Miller and be in the playoffs.

3.Like it or not your stolen Pistons aren't going anywere any time soon either. In fact as far as I'm concerned right now your Pistons don't have any better of a chance at winning a championship then then my Pacers.

4.You can forget about the Pistons signing someone like Chris Bosh, D-Wade, or Yao Ming in the near future. Because I can pretty much tell you right now all those guys will most likely resign with their current teams either when or before their contracts are up. Since a year before Chris Bosh's contract is up in Toronto, Jermain Oneal (who counts over 20 million in cap room) will have his contract up and Anderani Barnyarn a former #1 draft pick and classic bust will have his contract up as well. And in Houston Ron Artest Contract will be up before Yao's is. Then in Miami, Shaun Marrion who counts over 20 million in cap room will have his contract up one year before Dwayne Wades is up. So I highly doubt Miami will let Dwayne Wade go since they are much more prepared to let Shaun Marrion go. Now if your Pistons want to sign someone like Jermaine O'Neal, Ron Artest, or Shaun Marrion that is a much much different story.

5.Denver may be good with Chauncey Billups, but they are clearly not championship material with him. Because he is too old and slow just like the rest of your stolen Pistons team.

6.As far as I'm concerned the Pacers since they recently locked Danny Granger into a long term deal are going to be ready to spend much more money in free agency then the Pistons in the next couple of years considering the fact that Rip Hamilton of the Pistons next season will have his contract up and most likely demand a huge gigantic contract. But if it makes you feel any better I highly doubt the Pacers are able to sign Yao Ming, Dwayne Wade, or Chris Bosh either. And the same goes for Kobe.

So I think your team is going to be the ones not in the playoffs for the next 10 years.
Carmelo15

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Feb 10, 2009
Pistons Eat Poop wrote:
<quoted text>
1.Either way you look at it the Pistons are still a stolen team that turned all their fans into convicts. Indiana went 20 years years with nothing more then 2-3 farm league teams when the Pistons left. But at least the stolen Pistons won their championships without cheating (hint hint New England Patsies).
2.Indiana prolly won't win an NBA championship for a long time. But I think next season they will get a good draft pick (someone much better then Rodney Stucky) and sign someone like Carlos Boozer, Amari Stoudamire or Andre Miller and be in the playoffs.
3.Like it or not your stolen Pistons aren't going anywere any time soon either. In fact as far as I'm concerned right now your Pistons don't have any better of a chance at winning a championship then then my Pacers.
4.You can forget about the Pistons signing someone like Chris Bosh, D-Wade, or Yao Ming in the near future. Because I can pretty much tell you right now all those guys will most likely resign with their current teams either when or before their contracts are up. Since a year before Chris Bosh's contract is up in Toronto, Jermain Oneal (who counts over 20 million in cap room) will have his contract up and Anderani Barnyarn a former #1 draft pick and classic bust will have his contract up as well. And in Houston Ron Artest Contract will be up before Yao's is. Then in Miami, Shaun Marrion who counts over 20 million in cap room will have his contract up one year before Dwayne Wades is up. So I highly doubt Miami will let Dwayne Wade go since they are much more prepared to let Shaun Marrion go. Now if your Pistons want to sign someone like Jermaine O'Neal, Ron Artest, or Shaun Marrion that is a much much different story.
5.Denver may be good with Chauncey Billups, but they are clearly not championship material with him. Because he is too old and slow just like the rest of your stolen Pistons team.
6.As far as I'm concerned the Pacers since they recently locked Danny Granger into a long term deal are going to be ready to spend much more money in free agency then the Pistons in the next couple of years considering the fact that Rip Hamilton of the Pistons next season will have his contract up and most likely demand a huge gigantic contract. But if it makes you feel any better I highly doubt the Pacers are able to sign Yao Ming, Dwayne Wade, or Chris Bosh either. And the same goes for Kobe.
So I think your team is going to be the ones not in the playoffs for the next 10 years.
The Nuggets are 34-17 and have the Number three seed in the West, which is a hard enough conference as it is and as far as I'm concerned-they are going to the playoffs. I agree, maybe not a championship contender YET, but they can definitely go as far as the conference finals-they will get out of the 1st round either way.
answer3

Hawthorn, Australia

#6 Apr 5, 2009
uhm, Pistons Eat Poop
shut up, you know nothing about a.i,
he isnt too old, what are you talking about, his injuries are from constantly giving all he has each and every night, he is human, of course something will go wrong once in a while,
he is still one of if not THE quickest player in the league and has been for years,
want to know why he is such a good player?
BEACUSE OF HIS SPEED, thats his main attribute you fool, dont come up in here claiming that he is too old, hes a a warrior, someone like him wouldnt let age get to him, and he is the kind of player that would know when he is getting and would retire before he let it show.

he will be averaging his good old 30 odd points soon enough, just needs to find a team with the right chemistry and not one with 2 dominant players clashing, like the 76ers, thats why he played so well with them, becuse he was the leader, the captian and the role model, he led by example, whereas with carmelo or rip hamilton he clashes, they both feed off the ball not other players.

ALLEN EZAIL IVERSON IS NOT TOO OLD!

CHECKMATE

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Detroit Pistons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sorry, Denver, Chauncey belongs to Detroit (Oct '14) Oct '14 Steve 2
News Trade Season: Detroit Dealin' (Jan '14) May '14 Will 2
News Report: Isiah Thomas could replace ex-backcourt... (Mar '14) Apr '14 Pearl Heyboer 2
News Lillard's shot lifts Blazers over Pistons in OT (Dec '13) Dec '13 Ravishankar kumar 1
News Heat seek revenge against Pistons (Dec '13) Dec '13 NFL STREAM 2
News 2014 NBA Mock Draft: A Very Early Look at Next ... (Jul '13) Jul '13 mars 2
News What they're saying: Tom Gores says Pistons nee... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Umberto Menghi 1
More from around the web