Mejia: Don't write off the Pistons

Sep 6, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Detroit Pistons Full-Court Press - MLive.com

SportsLine columnist Tony Mejia, says he's just as guilty as many other pundits, writing off Detroit's future championship hopes after Cleveland dispatched the Pistons from the playoffs last season. via Detroit Pistons Full-Court Press - ML...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Larson fl

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2007

What the pistons lack is a superstar...like an Isaiah Thomas...or a Magic Johnson...or a Lebron James...someone who can take over a game. Great teamwork is fine but late in the game you need a closer! I think they need to make a major move...trade Rip Hamilton and/or Rasheed Wallace, some draft picks, and some bench players and go after a superstar...this team is not getting any younger...

Since: Jul 07

Lyon, France

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2007

I totally agree with you larson...
We can see the last championiship teams (the bulls, the spurs are the best example) were teams with a lot of talent of course, but with a fantastic chemestry....
Each of the players in those teams knew exactly what they had to do (with role players knowing what they can do and what they can't), and at the end of the game, jordan and duncan finished the work....
With detroit we have a team executing so well during the game at both ends of the floor, exept for the last play of the game...who's gonna shoot the ball??? chauncey? rip? sheed? and why not prince?
The result of this situation is that mentally the guys are not"ready" to take over at the end of the game...no one in this team is gonna say loudly : ok guy give me the ball and i'm gonna give you the victory"
We are full of very good players, it"s our strenght but it's our weakness too. In fact, we don't have a "chief"...
For those who knows what basketball is all about, the pistons are not flashy, but beautifull to watch...
Kobe, with his maturity, and his will to win, would fit so well with the pistons...a great defender, a clutch player, and a great scorer, and a smart guy at the offensive end.
I'm sure it would be a wonderfull story for him to come in detroit, and the fans would definetly fall in love with him....go detroit!
Congratulation joe d for the adjustement you have done this summer : great rookies, a beautifull year is about to come again!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 2 of2
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Detroit Pistons Discussions

Search the Detroit Pistons Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Trade Season: Detroit Dealin' (Jan '14) May '14 Will 2
Report: Isiah Thomas could replace ex-backcourt... Apr '14 Pearl Heyboer 2
Lillard's shot lifts Blazers over Pistons in OT (Dec '13) Dec '13 Ravishankar kumar 1
Heat seek revenge against Pistons (Dec '13) Dec '13 NFL STREAM 2
2014 NBA Mock Draft: A Very Early Look at Next ... (Jul '13) Jul '13 mars 2
What they're saying: Tom Gores says Pistons nee... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Umberto Menghi 1
Where Do Chicago Bulls Go From Here? (May '13) May '13 tyan 3
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••