Have we seen the last of Allen Iverson on the basketball court?

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Word that the Detroit Pistons decided to park Allen Iverson in the garage for the remainder of the season and the playoffs prompts the question: Have we seen the last of Iverson in an NBA uniform? Put another way: Is Iverson, the Peninsula native and one of the most fearless competitors ever to lace 'em up, willing and able to remake himself in the ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of91
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
john

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Apr 9, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

I care less if he retires or not.He always been a ''me'' player on court.basketball game is a team game but the nba has made the game a star "me" game and A.I. is part of his product.Iverson is hardly trying to reach 30,000 points. And as back up 6th or 7th man player he will not reach that numbers.
Yes ... he will be back,but with a non championship contender team because all he want are stats and stats ... and winning some games if he is the ''Man'' to go scorer.

With that already said, Iverson will be back even if he have to cut his salary 3/4 % in one of the worst nba teams but receiving a starting job and at least 35 minutes a game.
Tiffany

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Apr 9, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Nah,we gonna see allen next year,we know he aint gonna go out like that,hes a warrior,a future hall of famer,and the best point guard in the nba
Downtown Hpt

Falls Church, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Apr 10, 2009
 

Judged:

1

There's more to being a good point guard than throwing it up 40 times a game. Look around the league at the successful teams and you will find that the team oriented guards are at the forefront with assists, good "D" and usually less than 20 points a game. Even when he was scoring 30 points a game, his shooting percentage was among the lowest in the league.
Snerdley

Clifton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Apr 10, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

You probably have not seen the last of him in criminal court.
Downtown Hpt

Falls Church, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Apr 10, 2009
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Snerdley, of that you can be sure.
See No Evil

Yorktown, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Apr 10, 2009
 

Judged:

3

2

1

Maybe he will resume his bowling career.
Pam W

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Apr 10, 2009
 
I think AI has more basketball left in him. After being a high scorer for all of his career, getting knocked around by men much larger than himself, playing at least 30 minutes a game, I say don't leave. I enjoy the way that AI goes all out and is fearless. I had high hopes for him in Detroit , but I'm confident, that another team will pick him up if they get a chance. I support the HOMETOWN MAN.
GO AI!!!!
Sup Kool

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Apr 10, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

1

john wrote:
I care less if he retires or not.He always been a ''me'' player on court.basketball game is a team game but the nba has made the game a star "me" game and A.I. is part of his product.Iverson is hardly trying to reach 30,000 points. And as back up 6th or 7th man player he will not reach that numbers.
Yes ... he will be back,but with a non championship contender team because all he want are stats and stats ... and winning some games if he is the ''Man'' to go scorer.
With that already said, Iverson will be back even if he have to cut his salary 3/4 % in one of the worst nba teams but receiving a starting job and at least 35 minutes a game.
Iremember when he caused a good establishment, circle lanes bowling, to lose everything. He was a typical punk until he ran out of Philly because certain people there were after him. Fact, he ran all the way to Denver. As an NBA player, which has the TV ratings of the home shopping network, he has never won any team title,NBA championship. I predict he will end up back in Hampton, broke, and living with mother. Don't be surprised if you see him at the bus stop over at Targets in about 10 years.
Tiffany

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Apr 10, 2009
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Allen gonna be wit the celtics next year
PistonsEatPoop

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Apr 13, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

AI will get owned by the cavs in a 4 game playoff sweep!!!!!!!!!!

PS.
The Bob Cats are a much better team then the stolen Pistons who turned all their fans into convicts.
Tiffany

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Apr 14, 2009
 

Judged:

3

3

2

AI nevr gets owned,he owneds others
PistonsEatPoop

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Apr 14, 2009
 
SimplyGern wrote:
This thug should be taken to a bowling alley and beaten with Michael Sick's rape stand.
And the same goes for the rest of his stolen team who turned all their fans into convicts.
Walther

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Apr 14, 2009
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Iverson's a punk. Was a punk when he tried to kill that girl with a chair in the bowling alley in Newport News. Was a punk when he and his "homies" were caught with dope. Was and will always be a punk. He'll be back alright in an orange jumpsuit in no time. Mama Iverson will have to get out of that nice home that punk boy bought for her.
Basketball Jones

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Apr 14, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Walther wrote:
Iverson's a punk. Was a punk when he tried to kill that girl with a chair in the bowling alley in Newport News. Was a punk when he and his "homies" were caught with dope. Was and will always be a punk. He'll be back alright in an orange jumpsuit in no time. Mama Iverson will have to get out of that nice home that punk boy bought for her.
he was basically an azsshole at Bethel and college.Now that he cant play hoodball anylonger,he will have to sign cards for 5 dollars each in front of the 10th inning store.I am sure that enough lilly white dads will drag their white, soon to be wiggers, to buy one.
Basketball Jones

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Apr 14, 2009
 

Judged:

2

2

1

SimplyGern wrote:
This thug should be taken to a bowling alley and beaten with Michael Sick's rape stand.
well, it's a nice bowling alley now, AMF. I can't figure out why they didn't hit him in the head with a 16 lb ball. There are a lot of them there. Nonetheless, Gov Black Wilder to the rescue. Pardon

“FIRE CHILLY! FIRE CHILLY! ”

Since: Aug 08

Rensselaer

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Apr 14, 2009
 

Judged:

1

Basketball Jones wrote:
<quoted text>he was basically an azsshole at Bethel and college.Now that he cant play hoodball anylonger,he will have to sign cards for 5 dollars each in front of the 10th inning store.I am sure that enough lilly white dads will drag their white, soon to be wiggers, to buy one.
i would go and buy one, but i would never become a wigger.
PistonsEatPoop

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Apr 14, 2009
 

Judged:

2

Walther wrote:
Iverson's a punk. Was a punk when he tried to kill that girl with a chair in the bowling alley in Newport News. Was a punk when he and his "homies" were caught with dope. Was and will always be a punk. He'll be back alright in an orange jumpsuit in no time. Mama Iverson will have to get out of that nice home that punk boy bought for her.
And Rahseed wallace is a much bigger punk.
Walther

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Apr 14, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

1

That's right. Iverson was a freakin punk at Bethel High and throughout "college",(yeah, right - the stupid moron can't even spell!). He tries to beat a girl's head in with a chair and some people think this waste of space is worth anything? Geez,,people are dumb!
FIGURES

Newport News, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Apr 14, 2009
 

Judged:

2

2

1

I sure hope so! Take his thug lifestyle and cram it. Take is slutty mother (Juicy) and haunt somewhere else. His thug butt should have never been pardoned. I haven't watched a game yet when he's played.
Ya think

Norfolk, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Apr 14, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Sup Kool wrote:
<quoted text>Iremember when he caused a good establishment, circle lanes bowling, to lose everything. He was a typical punk until he ran out of Philly because certain people there were after him. Fact, he ran all the way to Denver. As an NBA player, which has the TV ratings of the home shopping network, he has never won any team title,NBA championship. I predict he will end up back in Hampton, broke, and living with mother. Don't be surprised if you see him at the bus stop over at Targets in about 10 years.
Maybe he can hang out in the Casbar club with his mother.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of91
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Detroit Pistons Discussions

Search the Detroit Pistons Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Trade Season: Detroit Dealin' (Jan '14) May '14 Will 2
Report: Isiah Thomas could replace ex-backcourt... Apr '14 Pearl Heyboer 2
Lillard's shot lifts Blazers over Pistons in OT (Dec '13) Dec '13 Ravishankar kumar 1
Heat seek revenge against Pistons (Dec '13) Dec '13 NFL STREAM 2
2014 NBA Mock Draft: A Very Early Look at Next ... (Jul '13) Jul '13 mars 2
What they're saying: Tom Gores says Pistons nee... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Umberto Menghi 1
Where Do Chicago Bulls Go From Here? (May '13) May '13 tyan 3
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••