Sore back ends Allen Iverson's season

Sore back ends Allen Iverson's season

There are 11 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from May 4, 2009, titled Sore back ends Allen Iverson's season. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

Allen Iverson's season is over. The Detroit Pistons said Friday the All-Star guard out of Bethel High School will miss the rest of the season -- and the playoffs if they make it -- because of a sore back.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

sweetroseAIfan

AOL

#1 May 9, 2009
Detroit, didn't treat Iverson fairly. After limiting Iverson, caused Iverson to sacrifice his game. Iverson did everything that they told him to do. This made Iverson look like his game had declined. They did nothing but humiliate this great superstar. Detroit's failure was not Iverson's fault. This was easily seen when Iverson injury made him miss so many games, and didn't play in the playoffs. Before then, Iverson was still the leading scorer, and had the most assists on this team. Why want people see the real truth instead of slandering Iverson. He is still one of the best that ever played the game. He is still a great player. You will see next season. All the egg will be on your faces.
Jethro Bodine

Newport News, VA

#2 May 9, 2009
sweetroseAIfan wrote:
Detroit, didn't treat Iverson fairly. After limiting Iverson, caused Iverson to sacrifice his game. Iverson did everything that they told him to do. This made Iverson look like his game had declined. They did nothing but humiliate this great superstar. Detroit's failure was not Iverson's fault. This was easily seen when Iverson injury made him miss so many games, and didn't play in the playoffs. Before then, Iverson was still the leading scorer, and had the most assists on this team. Why want people see the real truth instead of slandering Iverson. He is still one of the best that ever played the game. He is still a great player. You will see next season. All the egg will be on your faces.
If that racist gov. Doug Wilder had not pardoned the p.o.s Iverson he never would have been in the N.B.A , the only balls he would have been handling would be attached to his cell mate , and when I say mate I mean exactly that !!
usa

Newport News, VA

#3 May 9, 2009
If somebody is talented just appreciate their talent, who cares if they made mistakes, we're all human right?

the great Virginian, edgar allen poe, was a strung out, mean spirited, self destructive druggy. jailbait in modern times. Maybe he should never have been allowed to write. would have been better off for literary history had he rotted in a cell. No of course not.
Jethro Bodine

Newport News, VA

#4 May 9, 2009
usa wrote:
If somebody is talented just appreciate their talent, who cares if they made mistakes, we're all human right?
the great Virginian, edgar allen poe, was a strung out, mean spirited, self destructive druggy. jailbait in modern times. Maybe he should never have been allowed to write. would have been better off for literary history had he rotted in a cell. No of course not.
Do you even know what jail bait is ? Besides, his color and ball handling skills and Wilders color and corruption are the only reason he was pardoned, bunch of animals .
Jay D

Forest, MS

#5 May 19, 2009
Jethro Bodine wrote:
<quoted text>Do you even know what jail bait is ? Besides, his color and ball handling skills and Wilders color and corruption are the only reason he was pardoned, bunch of animals .
Who are you calling "bunch of animals?"
White Trailer Trash

AOL

#6 May 20, 2009
Sore back? Hell, I have a sore back too. I'm going to tell my boss I'm taking the rest of the year off.
sweetrose

Placentia, CA

#7 May 23, 2009
Jethro Bodine wrote:
<quoted text>Do you even know what jail bait is ? Besides, his color and ball handling skills and Wilders color and corruption are the only reason he was pardoned, bunch of animals .
jethro Bodine, this is about a basketball superstar. This shows how low life u are. You can only talk about some trash, that nobody is interested in. You need to look in the mirrow and see who u really are. Do u have enough intelligence to stick to basketball? You have no class. A clueless idiot. We know u are an Iverson hater. He has way more people that love him, so u don't count. I know u wish u had his money.
JETHRO BODINE

Newport News, VA

#8 May 23, 2009
sweetrose wrote:
<quoted text>
jethro Bodine, this is about a basketball superstar. This shows how low life u are. You can only talk about some trash, that nobody is interested in. You need to look in the mirrow and see who u really are. Do u have enough intelligence to stick to basketball? You have no class. A clueless idiot. We know u are an Iverson hater. He has way more people that love him, so u don't count. I know u wish u had his money.
I wish I had his head on my wall next to my warthog I killed in Iversons mother land , he would sure make that hog look pretty .
sore feet

Hampton, VA

#9 May 24, 2009
White Trailer Trash wrote:
Sore back? Hell, I have a sore back too. I'm going to tell my boss I'm taking the rest of the year off.
Ha! You took the words right out of my mouth. Hell, my feet hurt but I can't take the rest of the year off. Such a pansy!
supervisor

Philadelphia, PA

#10 May 24, 2009
yes dont look at his past, thats not a good indicator of how he will act.

why if you did that then nobody would have touched him after his crap in philly.

you guys should start mike Vick in his place, or ricky waters, "for who, for what?"
Snerdley

United States

#11 May 24, 2009
Did he hurt his back throwing chairs in a bowling alley again?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Detroit Pistons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sorry, Denver, Chauncey belongs to Detroit (Oct '14) Oct '14 Steve 2
News Trade Season: Detroit Dealin' (Jan '14) May '14 Will 2
News Report: Isiah Thomas could replace ex-backcourt... (Mar '14) Apr '14 Pearl Heyboer 2
News Lillard's shot lifts Blazers over Pistons in OT (Dec '13) Dec '13 Ravishankar kumar 1
News Heat seek revenge against Pistons (Dec '13) Dec '13 NFL STREAM 2
News 2014 NBA Mock Draft: A Very Early Look at Next ... (Jul '13) Jul '13 mars 2
News What they're saying: Tom Gores says Pistons nee... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Umberto Menghi 1
More from around the web