Could Iverson/Pistons Dilema Have Been Fixed?

Posted in the Detroit Pistons Forum

Pest

Changhua, Taiwan

#1 Apr 24, 2009
Hey Pistons fans, check out this analysis of the Iverson situation. Its past the end of the season but a fresh take on what happened and if the situation could have been fixed instead of giving up. Its something every pistons fan should read.

http://www.fullcourtpest.com/2009/04/could-iv...

Cheers!
chuck

Port Huron, MI

#2 Apr 25, 2009
If the pistons would have just traded A.I to the sins when they had a chance... A.I is a run and gun kind of guy perfect fit for suns(say what you want about a.i, he passes the ball) and Shaq is a half court player. Sheed and Shaq...whew scary, Pistons would be down 3-0 right now thats for sure, in fact they wouldnt even be playing the cavs right now they have a much higher seed. Too late now, guess we'll never know. I love A.I and when Rip was hurt they went on an 8 game winning streek.
PistonsEatPoop

Evansville, IN

#3 Apr 27, 2009
No
Pest

Kaohsiung, Taiwan

#4 May 5, 2009
Yep, AI got royally screwed and that is a fact. Detroit threw him under the bus. So sad.

I dunno if they'd be up 3-0 vs the cavs at all, but I do agree they'd be higher seeded and maybe up on some other team like Atlanta.
PistonsEatPoop

Evansville, IN

#5 May 18, 2009
Pest wrote:
Yep, AI got royally screwed and that is a fact. Detroit threw him under the bus. So sad.
I dunno if they'd be up 3-0 vs the cavs at all, but I do agree they'd be higher seeded and maybe up on some other team like Atlanta.
Well, that's what the Detroit gets for steeling the Pistons from Indiana and turning all their fans into convicts.
Pest

Taipei, Taiwan

#6 May 19, 2009
Ha, I love your name poop man. It sucks, there are rumors they are thinking of moving the Pacers too. How can you possibly move the Pacers? Move Reggie Miller's jersey from there to Vancouver? Sad and disgusting.
PistonsEatPoop

Evansville, IN

#7 May 19, 2009
Pest wrote:
Ha, I love your name poop man. It sucks, there are rumors they are thinking of moving the Pacers too. How can you possibly move the Pacers? Move Reggie Miller's jersey from there to Vancouver? Sad and disgusting.
I can assure that all those rumors of about the Pacers moving are false because:

1.According to the Indy star, the only place the Pacers have looked at moving to is Kansas City who is just about (or is done) building a new arena. But Kansas city has also made it perfectly clear to the NBA that they DO NOT WANT AN NBA TEAM, they want an NHL TEAM.+ the New York Islanders who currently play in Madison Square Garden (which is over 30 years old) and for the past couple of years have had the lowest attendance in the NHL have been looking at Kansas City. So I'd say there is at least a 95% chance KC will end up getting the Islanders instead of an NBA team.

2.Neither Larry Bird, Mel Simon or the city of Indianapolis want the Pacers to move and all 3 are basically willing to do what ever it takes to keep the Pacers in Indianapolis believe it or not.

3.The Pacers may be sold to someone else, but if they are Mel Simon, Larry Bird and the city of Indianapolis will all create a document stating that the Pacers are to remain in Indianapolis Indiana until their lease on Censeco Field house is up.

PS.
I heard the city of Baltimore Maryland is looking at building a new arena for an NBA team. Maybe instead of trying to get the Pacers from Indiana as payback for the Colts, the city of Baltimore could try to get the Pistons from Detroit and turn all their fans back to normal lol.
Pest

Taipei, Taiwan

#8 May 19, 2009
The pistons fans would revolt! ;0 Fallout would be crazy. But I would not feel so secure about my team just because of what happened in Seattle. Its obvious that when Stern is involved the fans will not matter. Its so sad whats happened to the NBA.
PistonsEatPoop

Evansville, IN

#9 May 20, 2009
Pest wrote:
The pistons fans would revolt! ;0 Fallout would be crazy. But I would not feel so secure about my team just because of what happened in Seattle. Its obvious that when Stern is involved the fans will not matter. Its so sad whats happened to the NBA.
Well I feel pretty secure about the Pacers since their stadium is only 10 years old, just about every other small market team in the NBA is going through the exact same thing (looking at a move that wouldn't help them any because their team is losing money), and even if KC did want an NBA team, they would just go after and get the Sacramento Kings since they were the KC Kings first. So as far as I'm concerned the Pistons are no more likely then the Pacers to re-locate.+ Baltimore and Seattle will likely not get an NBA team any time in the near future since Seattle will have to build a new stadium to get one and I've heard the city of Baltimore is just saying they'll build an NBA stadium as a scape goat just like when they tried to get the NFL Cardinals.+ Indy is bigger then Baltimore and although I'm not by any means saying Baltimore couldn't support an NBA team, I still say Indy could support an MLB team before Baltimore could support an NBA team.
PistonsEatPoop

Evansville, IN

#10 May 20, 2009
Oh yeah and just for the record, David Stern is an idiot who should no be commishner of the NBA. All he's ever done since he invented that NBA dress code is get more people in trouble in the NBA and cause attendance and viewers to decline.
Pest

Taiwan

#11 May 23, 2009
Yep, Stern is a cancer to good play. That's for sure.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Detroit Pistons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sorry, Denver, Chauncey belongs to Detroit Oct 30 Steve 2
Trade Season: Detroit Dealin' (Jan '14) May '14 Will 2
Report: Isiah Thomas could replace ex-backcourt... (Mar '14) Apr '14 Pearl Heyboer 2
Lillard's shot lifts Blazers over Pistons in OT (Dec '13) Dec '13 Ravishankar kumar 1
Heat seek revenge against Pistons (Dec '13) Dec '13 NFL STREAM 2
2014 NBA Mock Draft: A Very Early Look at Next ... (Jul '13) Jul '13 mars 2
What they're saying: Tom Gores says Pistons nee... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Umberto Menghi 1

Detroit Pistons People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE