Boston Celtics are the NBA's kings of rings; the Orlando Magic ...

Orlando Magic point guard Tyronn Lue doesn't wear jewelry. "I'm not a bling guy," he said, laughing. Full Story
G8trDan

Winter Springs, FL

#1 Mar 25, 2009
Got to be physical when we play Celt's and Pistons...push back!
OriginalSixx

United States

#2 Mar 25, 2009
Play hard the entire game, use plenty of Gortat and Battie. Take advantage of younger legs and feed the big man..Maybe we can get their guys into some foul trouble. It's gonna take a real team effort. Go Magic!
Rashard Lewis

Palm Coast, FL

#3 Mar 25, 2009
Rashard is Key tonight......if he can get more than 5 baskets we win........SORRY i lowered his standard just cuz i love him so much ....our coveted ALL STAR!!!

if I am struggling with my knee (supposebly) would'nt this be the time to rest me......and try to give added time to the bench to grow???
David Lee

Orlando, FL

#4 Mar 25, 2009
Like you guys said we have to learn to hustle. We are just as talented if not better in some aspects than the top teams out there, but we just seem to get beat out physically when playing teams like Boston. I think with teams like Boston we need to be more physical and pass up the barely open 3 for a drive. We shoot way too many 3 balls, which against Boston we can't seem to get them to fall enough. But like SVG always says it is just a regular season game, no more important than playing Washington or something like that. What is important tonight is to see if we can be tougher for the playoffs. And what's up with CL lately? He has really picked up his game, he is the most impressive player in my eyes; outside of DH of course. We need Rashard to make his shots tonight and pass up alot of the 3 balls if he isn't feeling them early to win in my opinion. It seems when he's on, so is the rest of the team

Since: Mar 09

United States

#5 Mar 25, 2009
David Lee wrote:
Like you guys said we have to learn to hustle. We are just as talented if not better in some aspects than the top teams out there, but we just seem to get beat out physically when playing teams like Boston. I think with teams like Boston we need to be more physical and pass up the barely open 3 for a drive. We shoot way too many 3 balls, which against Boston we can't seem to get them to fall enough. But like SVG always says it is just a regular season game, no more important than playing Washington or something like that. What is important tonight is to see if we can be tougher for the playoffs. And what's up with CL lately? He has really picked up his game, he is the most impressive player in my eyes; outside of DH of course. We need Rashard to make his shots tonight and pass up alot of the 3 balls if he isn't feeling them early to win in my opinion. It seems when he's on, so is the rest of the team
As someone was saying the other day..Against teams that defend the 3 point line well we struggle. I agree that fewer threes and more drives would help. Sometimes a fake and a dribble would get them into position for a wide open mid-range shot or pass as the defense adjusts. It would also create more free throw and offensive rebound opportunities. Opposing teams know we are gonna shoot bombs-away. Surprise them.

Jim was right with his prescription for this game, run the crazy outta them, but I hope his prediction is wrong.
David Lee

Orlando, FL

#6 Mar 25, 2009
Exactly, and I am pretty sure we have had enough games with these physical teams to realize that. I am no expert but I can tell you right now that when take over 30 attempts on the night from the arc, and we are shooting at or below 30% we are in for such a long night. I think we have some mismatches of our own, let's capitalize on them. I think defense has been okay against Boston I am not worried about that; offense needs to pick up.... I got the feeling it will tonight, the Magic have a lot to prove. I think we really need to test out the Battie, Gortat with Howard again tonight. I love the idea and I think it is unstoppable if we can get the ball to them without turnovers. With Rafer's incredible energy it can happen! I am predicting a win but don't count on a blow out. We are going to be behind most of the game, and then we will hit a streak late. 92-89 Mag win!!
Rashard Lewis

Palm Coast, FL

#7 Mar 25, 2009
I think CL should be playing more minutes...he has really responded to the SG spot challenge the magic had the in the recent years. I think the spot should be split b/w 30 minutes for CL and 18 for Reddick. PIETRUS should back up Turk and ME...i should be benched more often cuz i am overpaid and i need a stimulus package
David Lee

Orlando, FL

#8 Mar 25, 2009
Rashard Lewis wrote:
I think CL should be playing more minutes...he has really responded to the SG spot challenge the magic had the in the recent years. I think the spot should be split b/w 30 minutes for CL and 18 for Reddick. PIETRUS should back up Turk and ME...i should be benched more often cuz i am overpaid and i need a stimulus package
Haha you're right about the minutes and back-ups!He is overpaid for what he does but have you ever looked at The Celtics salaries?? I can guarantee you they have at least double what we have in our time.
Magic Fan Mark

Clermont, FL

#9 Mar 25, 2009
I'm hoping for a good battle tonight and I absolutely don't want to see a bunch of smiling and laughing on the bench if we are getting our butt handed to us.

As for Boston, if they play their best ball I just don't think we are competitive with them. They really seem to be a better team than us.

I think we can beat anyone except for the Celtics. I realize we haven't beaten Detroit this year but I like our chances in a playoff series with them. The Celtics are the only team I wouldn't want to face.

In order for us to win everything will need to work perfectly for us tonight. Our "Big 3" need to have a big game but so do Rafer and Courtney. We will also need a big night from our bench.
Lou to the Rescue

Clermont, FL

#10 Mar 25, 2009
THANK YOU! I thought I was going to get a heart attack after watching our lead slip away. Great win and now let's hold onto 2nd place. GO MAGIC!
marko

Oviedo, FL

#11 Mar 31, 2009
this could be that special year for orlando magic! bring home the bling guys...that championship banner will always hang from the raptors,histroy will be in writing..your names on it!!!
bring home those championship rings guys!

dwight howard
rafael alston
jj reddick
courtney lee
hedo turk
rashard lewis
tony battie
tyrone lue
mickael johnson....etc....bring home the gold guys!!!!!
PistonsEatPoop

Evansville, IN

#12 Apr 2, 2009
Well I'd say the question here is who's going to sweep Detroit in the NBA playoffs (assuming they make it) this year the Celtics of the Cavs??????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Detroit Pistons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trade Season: Detroit Dealin' (Jan '14) May '14 Will 2
Report: Isiah Thomas could replace ex-backcourt... (Mar '14) Apr '14 Pearl Heyboer 2
Lillard's shot lifts Blazers over Pistons in OT (Dec '13) Dec '13 Ravishankar kumar 1
Heat seek revenge against Pistons (Dec '13) Dec '13 NFL STREAM 2
2014 NBA Mock Draft: A Very Early Look at Next ... (Jul '13) Jul '13 mars 2
What they're saying: Tom Gores says Pistons nee... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Umberto Menghi 1
Where Do Chicago Bulls Go From Here? (May '13) May '13 tyan 3

Detroit Pistons People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE