Chicago Bulls have some interesting t...

Chicago Bulls have some interesting tests on schedule

There are 14 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Aug 4, 2009, titled Chicago Bulls have some interesting tests on schedule. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

All Bulls home games will start 30 minutes earlier this season at 7 p.m. How they end now that Ben Gordon is playing elsewhere will be one of the intriguing story lines of the 2009-10 season.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

jaba

United States

#1 Aug 5, 2009
What is going on with Boozer?
Alex

Chicago, IL

#2 Aug 5, 2009
Hey KC
Do you really think that there is something interesting about the Bulls???????
Is it the clock eating circle dribbling Hinrich, the weak fragile Deng, or the Florida Fairy No-Shot Noah....... these guys are not NBA Starters.
The are Bulls are stealing the fans ticket money and Paxson is still clueless!!!!!!!!!!
Mgray

Atlanta, GA

#3 Aug 5, 2009
The Bulls will LOSE 50 plus games this year.
Dan

Buffalo Grove, IL

#4 Aug 5, 2009
The Bulls actually play 23 sets of back to backs this year...only one of them is two straight home games. They got completely hosed by the schedule.

I guess the upside is the team is relatively young and may be better equipped to handle the quick turnarounds. We'll see.
YOU ARE LAME

United States

#5 Aug 5, 2009
Mgray and Alex, why are you here? Already we have trolls on this message board, and the season doesn't start until Oct 30th. I'm excited to see this team start the season out together in D Rose's second year. GO BULLS!
Rod from Tennessee

AOL

#6 Aug 5, 2009
Get ready for a struggling season. I don't see any hope of a repeat of last season, in regards to making the playoffs. Like him or not, when a barely .500 team loses it's best scorer, and doesn't get anything in return, to expect any sort of improvement is ridiculous. Paxson and Reinsdorf know this, but they'll somehow get the marketing dept. to sidestep that issue, and the most loyal fans in pro basketball will continue to sell out the U.C. And face it folks, that's all that matters to some, namely one Jerry Reinsdorf.
Trott Felipe

Surprise, AZ

#7 Aug 5, 2009
Excited about that Boston game. I think a healthy Garnett + Rasheed + Marquis Daniels (if the trade goes through) makes them the favorites in the East.
techenhance

Prairie View, TX

#8 Aug 5, 2009
I'm trying to be positive, but it's tough. There are just too many "ifs" with this team.

We can't expect any changes in the veterans. They are who they are and they won't change. Deng is a question mark only because he was hurt last season and has the built-in excuse of not getting enough experience with the new offense. But even before then his game had fallen off so I'm not holding my breath that he'll even be close to an all-star caliber player.

All the Bulls hopes - other than Deng returning to his '06-'07 form - lie with the youngsters. They'll be a decent squad:
if Deng stays healthy and finds a way to be effective in a system he admitted he wasn't comfortable in;
if VDN and staff figure out how to coach decent team defense;
if Noah and Thomas blossom into legit positive difference makers on a nightly basis;
if Rose takes a big step forward in his second year;
and if the draft picks have solid rookie seasons.

Too many "ifs."
Nate

United States

#9 Aug 5, 2009
I agree with tech (above). To many ifs. I'm a die hard bulls fan but I don't see much hope for them this year. I don't mind Ben leaving but to many great team in the east got even better. I see the Bulls getting blown out by Boston. Wallace has always been a tough match up and with KG back they are going to be a power house even more that what they already are.

If Rose can take over this team and be a high 20 to 30 pt per game scorer. Kirk need to be consistent in his shooting. Noah needs to have a few post moves. All of this has to happen if the Bulls have any chance.

LBJ is going to be on a mission this year. At best I see the Bulls as a 8th or 7th seed again and getting bounced in the first round.
SHARK

Northbrook, IL

#10 Aug 5, 2009
I think the Bulls could easily start the 2009-10 season losing 3 in a row with 3 tough opponents right out of the chute to start things off. Yeah, the Bulls tip things off at United Center October 29th, but the Spurs aren't chopped liver even though Tim Duncan, Tony Parker & Manu Ginobili are getting a little older. The Bulls may have given the Celtics all they could handle in 7 tough playoff games this past spring, but Boston really schooled them on the famed parquet floor in the regular season twice and I wonder if that'll change October 30th. Then, you've got to think Dwyane Wade and the Heat will be tough to beat down in Miami November 2nd with an unusual 5p tip. Right now, the only thing I like about the upcoming season is the earlier 7p tipoff for all home games instead of 7:30p. I think it's long overdue, but I've also got to think another first round playoff appearance is in the cards for the Bulls, and that's as far as they go. The Eastern Conference on the whole still stinks.
LAMAR

New York, NY

#11 Aug 5, 2009
BG WILL SCORE 40PTS OR MORE THE FIRST TIME BACK IN THE UC. i LOVE THE BULLS & DR, BUT ITS GOING TO BE A LONG SEASON. HOPEFULLY ROSE WILL HAVE PEOPLE TO DEPEND ON BESIDES SALMONS & NOAH. LOOK FOR DERRICK TO SCORE MORE, BUT HE WILL AVERAGE LESS ASSISTS. LETS SEE IF CAPT. KIRK CAN PICK UP THE SLACK. AND BEING THAT HINRICH IS SUCH A GREAT DEFENDER, LETS SEE HOW MANY POINTS GORDON WILL SCORE ON HIM.... DENG & HINRICH ARE WORTH MORE TO THE BULLS THAN GORDON !(SURE YOUR RIGHT)
GO BULLS, HOPEFULLY WE WON'T MAKE THE PLAYOFFS SO THE REST OF THE FANS CAN SEE THAT REINSDORF DOES NOT GIVE A ****
The real Jay

Chicago, IL

#12 Aug 5, 2009
Rod from Tennessee wrote:
Get ready for a struggling season. I don't see any hope of a repeat of last season, in regards to making the playoffs. Like him or not, when a barely .500 team loses it's best scorer, and doesn't get anything in return, to expect any sort of improvement is ridiculous. Paxson and Reinsdorf know this, but they'll somehow get the marketing dept. to sidestep that issue, and the most loyal fans in pro basketball will continue to sell out the U.C. And face it folks, that's all that matters to some, namely one Jerry Reinsdorf.
I agree 100%
The real Jay

Chicago, IL

#13 Aug 5, 2009
I am a Chicago fan period. However, how do you let your best or second best player go without getting nothing in return? I will never understand that. With that said, BG is the past and I just hope that Boston or Clevland don't murder them too badly in the first round of the playoffs. The Bulls will get that eight spot then get sweep by whoever is first in the Eastern Conference.
Tony

Wheaton, IL

#14 Aug 5, 2009
The real Jay wrote:
I am a Chicago fan period. However, how do you let your best or second best player go without getting nothing in return? I will never understand that. With that said, BG is the past and I just hope that Boston or Clevland don't murder them too badly in the first round of the playoffs. The Bulls will get that eight spot then get sweep by whoever is first in the Eastern Conference.
If Garnett was healthy the Bulls would have been swept in four games. The Celts killed the Bulls in the paint with out Garnett.

The two rookie forwards may help but realistically the Bulls don't have much talent. Banking on Deng is a big mistake. Hopefully Tyrus can engage his brain for a full season.

Wishing and hoping doesn't change the brutal reality that the Bulls are very weak without Gordon's scoring. Whether you like Gordon or not, he could get his own shot and there is no one on the Bulls that can replace his scoring!!!!

Getting nothing for Gordon just proves again that the Bull's don't have a plan.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Detroit Pistons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sorry, Denver, Chauncey belongs to Detroit (Oct '14) Oct '14 Steve 2
News Trade Season: Detroit Dealin' (Jan '14) May '14 Will 2
News Report: Isiah Thomas could replace ex-backcourt... (Mar '14) Apr '14 Pearl Heyboer 2
News Lillard's shot lifts Blazers over Pistons in OT (Dec '13) Dec '13 Ravishankar kumar 1
News Heat seek revenge against Pistons (Dec '13) Dec '13 NFL STREAM 2
News 2014 NBA Mock Draft: A Very Early Look at Next ... (Jul '13) Jul '13 mars 2
News What they're saying: Tom Gores says Pistons nee... (Jul '13) Jul '13 Umberto Menghi 1
More from around the web