Yep, it's that time - road construction season

At one point this season, the Cleveland Cavaliers lost an NBA-record 26 consecutive games, yet the team that LeBron James abandoned for South Beach last summer is not at the bottom of the league standings. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
CamelTow

Calgary, Canada

#1 Apr 7, 2011
worst record in the NBA...way to make us proud. Why don't they just contract this mess and forget about basketball period....what am embarassment.

Since: Sep 08

Lakeville, MN

#2 Apr 7, 2011
next year...HA!!!
fracas

Tucson, AZ

#3 Apr 7, 2011
If Jonny Flynn is on this team next year then he must have compromising pictures of either Taylor or Kahn. Last night Flynn came down and took a 3 with 18 seconds left on the shot clock......CLANG, off the front edge of the rim. Next possession, 18 seconds on the shot clock, SWISH, three pointer from the same place. The very next possession 18 seconds on the shot clock and Flynn pulls up for a 20 foot two pointer...CLANG.

Three straight possessions and nobody else even so much as touches the ball. Not even so much as one pass. Flynn dribbles into the front court and launches. To Rambis's credit he pulled Flynn at the next dead ball. They should trade Flynn before next season for whatever they can get in return, hopefully a late first, but trade him just the same. Make room for Rubio if he comes, or a FA if he doesn't.
wtf

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Apr 7, 2011
This is news? The T-pups have consistently had the worst record in the NBA. At least since KG jumped ship.
Suprised

Minneapolis, MN

#5 Apr 7, 2011
We also have the Vikings, Wild, Twins, bachman & pawlenty.--Loser Central

“Wher's dem turkey necks?”

Since: Dec 08

Palm Desert, CA

#6 Apr 7, 2011
The constant losing record of the Wolves over the years and subsequent financial losses every year reinforces what I and several accounting friends and I agree on. That is; Taylor runs this team at a loss because his other various operations from his printing business to the huge egg business he has at Rembrandt, Ia makes so much money, he runs the Wolves as a tax loss business.

“Ahhhh hee ahw”

Since: Aug 09

Twin Cities

#7 Apr 7, 2011
Basketball sucks anyway
Purple Haze

Center City, MN

#8 Apr 7, 2011
Two straight seasons at or near the bottom and a team that is clearly regressing and not progressing. It's time to fire Rambis and Kahn and hire a Defensive minded coach who can coach to his players abilities instead of trying to fit square pegs into round holes. How can a smart and successful buisness man like Glen Taylor not see that this current formula is going nowhere. I know he cares, whose giving him basketball advice? Is it a family member? Son in law? There has to be a reason he continues to make such poor hires. Dwayne Casey had his issues, but believe or not he was the right guy for the job because he was a D first coach. Let's face it this team and franchise will never be elite, not with the way the league is set up, but they can compete and make occaisional playoff runs with the right plan in place. Kahn is clueless and Rambis can only be successful running the Triangle. The only reason the Triangle has ever been successful is because of the players that ran it most notably Kobe and MJ! Come on Glen wake up!!
merleot

Eden Prairie, MN

#9 Apr 7, 2011
Enough already, sell the team and move Taylor, it's beyond a disgrace! Go away!
merleot

Eden Prairie, MN

#10 Apr 7, 2011
Suprised wrote:
We also have the Vikings, Wild, Twins, bachman & pawlenty.--Loser Central
What about Amy and Franken??, now there are two losers not to mention the bipolar Dayton. You are too stupid to be voting
The real just another day

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Apr 7, 2011
Word of the day, mudducks.... contraction!!!
The real just another day

Saint Paul, MN

#12 Apr 7, 2011
Oh yeah, I forgot:

Just another day in loserville...
are you serious

Big Lake, MN

#13 Apr 7, 2011
merleot wrote:
<quoted text>What about Amy and Franken??, now there are two losers not to mention the bipolar Dayton. You are too stupid to be voting
Bachman and Pawlenty are the worst politicians this state has ever seen. If you like them you're either an idiot or trying to avoid paying your fair share of taxes.
Curly

Minneapolis, MN

#14 Apr 7, 2011
Da Crusher_RIP wrote:
The constant losing record of the Wolves over the years and subsequent financial losses every year reinforces what I and several accounting friends and I agree on. That is; Taylor runs this team at a loss because his other various operations from his printing business to the huge egg business he has at Rembrandt, Ia makes so much money, he runs the Wolves as a tax loss business.
They must not be very good accountants. It makes no sense to intentionally loose money to reduce your taxes. That is the same line of thinking that people use to say that there is no incentive to work harder becasue it might, God forbid, bump you into the next tax bracket. The thing is, making money or jumping to the next tax bracket, while it increases your tax bill, it also increases the money in your pocket. So say Glen were to intentionally sabotage the team so that his NBA income decreases, lets say a loss of $10M per year. Then, he uses that to offset $10M in profit from a different company. So, he made $10M here, lost $10M there, so he made a net of $0 and owes no taxes. Great, that is awesome right? Mission accomplished. However, while you save on taxes, you just lost $10 million to do so. If he instead ran the team to even break even, now he would have $10M from the other company,$0 from the team, and he would have a heafty tax bill, say $4 million. However, he would still be up $6 million vs. the scenario where he intentionally lost money to save taxes and walked away with $0. Taxes are a percentage. So whatever that percentage is, if you intentionally don't make money, or you lose money to reduce the tax you owe, you are only going to recoupe a percentage of that from your tax discount. It makes more sense to earn the maximum you are capable of and pay the taxes that go along with it.
Mark

Minneapolis, MN

#15 Apr 7, 2011
The problem with the NBA is that unless you win the lottery and get to draft KG or LeBron or Kobe, you have no hope to compete. Even then, you only have a few years to do it before that player demands a trade or leaves for New York or LA.

Cities like New York and Miami can lure star players because of the huge markets. What chance do cities like Cleveland or Minneapolis or Portland or Houston have? None, in the new NBA.

Why even watch?
The real just another day

Saint Paul, MN

#16 Apr 7, 2011
Mark wrote:
The problem with the NBA is that unless you win the lottery and get to draft KG or LeBron or Kobe, you have no hope to compete. Even then, you only have a few years to do it before that player demands a trade or leaves for New York or LA.
Cities like New York and Miami can lure star players because of the huge markets. What chance do cities like Cleveland or Minneapolis or Portland or Houston have? None, in the new NBA.
Why even watch?
At this point, it's so pompous twits like 'Hard Truth' can write a short novel about the game, that no one bothers to read....
fracas

Tucson, AZ

#17 Apr 7, 2011
Mark wrote:
The problem with the NBA is that unless you win the lottery and get to draft KG or LeBron or Kobe, you have no hope to compete. Even then, you only have a few years to do it before that player demands a trade or leaves for New York or LA.
Cities like New York and Miami can lure star players because of the huge markets. What chance do cities like Cleveland or Minneapolis or Portland or Houston have? None, in the new NBA.
Why even watch?
It is not even enough to get the number one pick. You also need to have it be in a year that there is a "superstar in waiting", a Durant, James, Rose, Wall, or Griffin. To me, and I am nothing but a fan, there is nobody in this years draft that stands out. Irving is a nice PG, but not uber-athletic like Wall or Rose. Williams is a bit of a SF-PF tweener, perhaps not a great fit at either. To top it off, these are the two most "sure things" in this years draft, which doesn't say a lot about what is left.

I watch because I enjoy basketball, but I agree wholeheartedly with your point. There is little chance for a small market team to build a championship caliber team, and even less chance that they can hold it together, witness the Cav's. A better course for Taylor would have been not to have traded KG, but instead do what Boston did and become the on the receiving end of teams wishing to dump salaries and start over. Boston went from virtual crap to NBA dominance in one short offseason by picking up two stars, KG and Allen, from teams that wanted to start over.
Tony Rozycki

Indianapolis, IN

#18 Apr 7, 2011
What about San Antonio?

“Wher's dem turkey necks?”

Since: Dec 08

Palm Desert, CA

#19 Apr 7, 2011
Curly wrote:
<quoted text>
They must not be very good accountants. It makes no sense to intentionally loose money to reduce your taxes. That is the same line of thinking that people use to say that there is no incentive to work harder becasue it might, God forbid, bump you into the next tax bracket. The thing is, making money or jumping to the next tax bracket, while it increases your tax bill, it also increases the money in your pocket. So say Glen were to intentionally sabotage the team so that his NBA income decreases, lets say a loss of $10M per year. Then, he uses that to offset $10M in profit from a different company. So, he made $10M here, lost $10M there, so he made a net of $0 and owes no taxes. Great, that is awesome right? Mission accomplished. However, while you save on taxes, you just lost $10 million to do so. If he instead ran the team to even break even, now he would have $10M from the other company,$0 from the team, and he would have a heafty tax bill, say $4 million. However, he would still be up $6 million vs. the scenario where he intentionally lost money to save taxes and walked away with $0. Taxes are a percentage. So whatever that percentage is, if you intentionally don't make money, or you lose money to reduce the tax you owe, you are only going to recoupe a percentage of that from your tax discount. It makes more sense to earn the maximum you are capable of and pay the taxes that go along with it.
If you have so much business acumen, then tell us why a self-made man whose estimated net worth by Forbes exceeds $2.2 Billion and every other business he owns in Taylor Holdings is successful would he make so many mistakes in running this business, including those whose job it is to make the business profitable. Remember professional sports is a business first and a sport second.
txiong

Minneapolis, MN

#20 Apr 8, 2011
Dear Mr. Khan,
Please cut our loss with Darko and bring us D.Jordan next year. We badly need a mean, physcal defender like him.

Thank you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleveland Cavaliers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chicago Or Cleveland: Whose Teams Had More Down... Nov 12 EARL SCOTT 1
LeBron James Gives Wade, Bosh Cold Shoulder, Tr... Aug '14 NBA Fan 7
Can Sebastian Telfair salvage his career in Cle... (Apr '10) Aug '14 johnny 44
Lost Akron: What long-gone landmarks do you miss? Aug '14 Tyrees Baby Mama 21
Ohio lawmaker proposes LeBron license plate Aug '14 Evilgelicalling 5
cheap jerseys supplier(www.newjerseysky.com ) (Mar '13) Aug '14 Sully 8
Should Cleveland Cavaliers Listen to Offers for... (May '14) Jul '14 wertgh 2

Cleveland Cavaliers People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE