He's jumping at opportunity

Full story: Chicago Tribune

Until Friday night, Thabo Sefolosha 's biggest impact during training camp had come when he inadvertently poked Joakim Noah in the eye, sidelining the center for longer than a week.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
joejoeEnglish94B ulls4ever

Palatine, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2008

if it was up to me he would start at the 2.

Rose
Sepho
Deng
Thomas
Noah

by seasons end.
joejoeEnglish94B ulls4ever

Palatine, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2008

sefo
John

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2008

Da Bears
BigWay

North Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2008

Sefolosha should be the starting 2 guard, I've been saying this since last offseason. He was one of the few bright spots last season, despite being buried early by that block head Skiles, and his clone Boylan.
If it weren't for injuries he would have never gotten on the floor.

Hopefully, this Bulls coaching staff will open their eyes and give him the opportunity that he deserves.
I was encouraged by the Del Negro hire, his handling of Sefolosha will go a long way toward vindicating my confidence.
Unfortunatly we have way too many servicable( and no star) players at guard and forward, with at least 5 players at both positions, if you include Sefolosha as a swing player between the 2 and 3.
A 2 or 3 for one trade has to happen by the trade deadline or we will have chemistry problems all season long.
I fear that Hughes and Gordon will be problems from day one, and have the potential to sabotage the entire season.
dad12stepper

Crystal Lake, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2008

The second coming of Scottie Pippen...If Vinny plays Sef with D Rose like Phil played Scottie with MJ, Sef can develop into a Pippen type player (although there can never really be another Pippen, too many skills on both sides of the ball).
brian-Philippine s

Quezon, Philippines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2008

Starter
D.Rose----------B.Gordon
T. Sefolosha-----K.Hinrich----L.H ughe
L.Deng----------A.Nocioni
T.Thomas---------D.Gooden
J.Noah----------A.Gray

That must be.

Since: Oct 08

South Sioux City, NE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2008

I think Sefolosha is a talented player and certainly proved he is compentent with his play on Friday, but he will need to show he has consistency and that wasn't always evident last year. For now, I think it may be wise to keep the Rose Hinrich tandem going, as Hinrich can relieve the pressure for Rose in a way that no other bull can. Check out http://www.chibullsblog.blogspot.com/ for weekly Bulls updates!
Terrance

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2008

brian-Philippines wrote:
Starter
D.Rose----------B.Gordon
T. Sefolosha-----K.Hinrich----L.H ughe
L.Deng----------A.Nocioni
T.Thomas---------D.Gooden
J.Noah----------A.Gray
That must be.
No way Gordon's a point guard. He can't dribble.
Mgray

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2008

The Bulls....the ONLY team in the basketball UNIVERSE that would start 2 point gaurds in the same backcourt. Del No coach is proving 2 be a great hire. (NOT)
Rod from Tennessee

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 13, 2008

Mgray wrote:
The Bulls....the ONLY team in the basketball UNIVERSE that would start 2 point gaurds in the same backcourt. Del No coach is proving 2 be a great hire.(NOT)
Got to agree that that's a head scratcher, if there ever was one. I kind of have the feeling though, that Paxson has his hand in this. Paxson definitely wants Rose to start, or else ticket sales would probably suffer, and he figures Hinrich could help Rose with some of the PG duties if he struggles. The problem is, who's the backup PG? There's three other guards that are going to be looking for some p.t., and none of them are what i'd call PG's at all.
Larry

Park Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2008

Dude.......Get a jump shoot!!
Larry

Park Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2008

shot, sorry
Hank D

Coopersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 15, 2008

dad12stepper wrote:
The second coming of Scottie Pippen...If Vinny plays Sef with D Rose like Phil played Scottie with MJ, Sef can develop into a Pippen type player (although there can never really be another Pippen, too many skills on both sides of the ball).
Maybe a bit of a stretch to compare Thabo Shabba-lobbo to Pippen, especially as a one-on-one defender (the benefits of practicing against Jordan every day) but you're definitely right that he has a great all-around game. I think it's worth the gamble to give him as much playing time as possible.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chicago Bulls Discussions

Search the Chicago Bulls Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
How I stopped worrying and learned to love the ... Apr 15 Luv da bulls 2
Mayor Rahm loses in primary election Mar 21 reality is a crutch 5
Carmello to Bulls a bad idea...Bad! Mar '14 Shy Town Blues 1
Derrick Rose, Amar'e Stoudemire and the NBA's 1... (Dec '12) Feb '14 Rondo9 2
Game #40: Chicago Bulls vs Los Angeles Lakers P... Jan '14 raider4life 1
Philadelphia 76ers Should Be Cautious About Tra... Dec '13 xKINGxDYCEx 2
NBA notebook - Dec. 1 Dec '13 Lois 1
•••
•••