Lakers coaching search: NBA experts weigh in what Lakers, Kobe Bryant need in next coach

May 9, 2014 Full story: Whittier Daily News 21

Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak has preached patience with the rebuilding process, mindful of saving his purchasing power for the star-studded 2015 free agency class and uncertainty amid injuries to Kobe Bryant and Steve Nash .

Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Samuel Lopez Jr

Bakersfield, CA

#1 May 11, 2014
Too bad Phil Jackson wants nothing to do with our Lakers.
Mae

Vermilion, OH

#2 May 11, 2014
Brian Shaw was the right fit for the Lakers, But they didn't want Phil Jackson system to be a part of the Lakers.
Miles Cerone

Las Vegas, NV

#3 May 11, 2014
You need to wake up Mike this is a business not a celebrity contest. Kobe DOES NOT MAKE THE BUSINESS DECISION HE WAS ONE OF THE BEST TO PLAY THE GAME REMEBER WAS NOT ANYMORE ALL HE KNOWS NOW I HOW TO OUTON HIS WIFE AND RUIN OTHER PEOPLES LIVES. KOBE DOESN'T HAVE THE INTELLIGENCE TO BE A BUSINESS MAN I LOST ALL RESPECT FOR HIM AS A PRO ATHLETE.
John Buchanan

Cocoa Beach, FL

#4 May 11, 2014
Samuel Lopez Jr wrote:
Can you blame him after the say the incompetent moron Jim Buss treated him?
Tough

Renton, WA

#5 May 11, 2014
When players like LeBron, Bosh and Wade take reduced salaries and Tim Duncan takes a salary cut to make their teams better, it's difficult for the Lakers to compete when Kobe says he wants to be the highest player in the league.
Alex

Makati, Philippines

#6 May 11, 2014
How about Jerry Sloan?
Dave F

Garden Grove, CA

#7 May 11, 2014
I hope Jeannie Buss has the final say in the coaching hire. Kobe needs to mindful that the Lakers need to rebuild and not build around him for the short-term. Kobe, this isn't about you. If you don't like it, take your ball and go home. Your prime has come and gone as it has for many other great NBA players.
Samuel Lopez Jr

Bakersfield, CA

#8 May 11, 2014
This is true. Kobe needs to take pay cut so we can rebuild, finding fresh talent!
joerahme

Palm Bay, FL

#9 May 11, 2014
I believe the best fit coach for our Lakers is no one other than the Laker himself Byron Scott, he has proven to be a good coach and he will be great coaching his beloved Lakers unless we could land Pops from San Antonio.
Trubble

Midland, GA

#10 May 11, 2014
Buss, CALL Byron NOW
Mike

La Quinta, CA

#11 May 11, 2014
Interview Bill Laimbeer.
Tinocker

Ontario, CA

#12 May 12, 2014
I like Brian Shaw, Byron Scott or even Michael Cooper He was a good coach for The Sparks and is very defensive minded. Eyen Larry Bird said Coop was the best defensive player he played against.
KNGUYEN

Los Angeles, CA

#13 May 16, 2014
Micheal Cooper found success with spark and I think he will also do good with Laker
Sam

Brampton, Canada

#14 May 19, 2014
Why do you cats propose the easy way out by merely suggesting ex Laker players? Broaden your minds.
Sam

Brampton, Canada

#15 May 19, 2014
Samuel Lopez Jr wrote:
or the fans
The Water Boy

Kennewick, WA

#16 May 27, 2014
Samuel Lopez Jr wrote:
He did, until he was bumped for Dantoni...thats a slap in the face.
sam

Brampton, Canada

#17 May 29, 2014
The Water Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
He did, until he was bumped for Dantoni...thats a slap in the face.
How do you it was him? You Friends with Jeannie? Pahleese.
xdd

Orange, CA

#18 Jul 29, 2014
I believe the best fit coach for our Lakers is no one other than the Laker himself Byron Scott, he has proven to be a good coach and he will be great coaching his beloved Lakers unless we could land Pops from San Antonio. www.cavaliers-store.com
sam

Toronto, Canada

#20 Aug 15, 2014
xdd wrote:
I believe the best fit coach for our Lakers is no one other than the Laker himself Byron Scott, he has proven to be a good coach and he will be great coaching his beloved Lakers unless we could land Pops from San Antonio. www.cavaliers-store.com
Floating sheep in your dreams have a better chance of going to the Lakers than Pop. What u smoking?
sam

Toronto, Canada

#21 Aug 15, 2014
sam wrote:
<quoted text> How do you it was him? You Friends with Jeannie? Pahleese.
Water why did I responded to you with this? Oh well no idea

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Bulls Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dwyane Wade: Can D-Wade Take Home His First NBA... (Mar '11) Mar 16 too much taint 9
News Snell scores career-high 24 as Bulls rout Kings... Feb '15 dr zhivago 1
News NBA Trade Rumors: Jeremy Lin, Omer Asik & Chand... (May '14) Sep '14 cavas 132
News Mayor Rahm loses in primary election (Mar '14) Jul '14 Anonymous 6
News 3-Year-Old Critically Injured following Chicago... (Jul '14) Jul '14 reality is a crutch 1
News Pistons introduce Caron Butler and D.J. Augustin (Jul '14) Jul '14 Yousaf 1
News Carmelo Anthony Asking About Tom Thibodeau Make... (Apr '14) Jun '14 Go Blue Forever 9
More from around the web