MVP year for Bryant?

MVP year for Bryant?

There are 26 comments on the LA Daily News story from Mar 5, 2008, titled MVP year for Bryant?. In it, LA Daily News reports that:

Kobe Bryant has won the NBA championship three times during his career with the Lakers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at LA Daily News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
roger flores

Los Angeles, CA

#1 Mar 5, 2008
kobe to me is the most complete player ever, i think he rebounds and plays better defense then jordan ever did his points may not be the same but he'll get there soon before he retires. 2 me i think both number 8 and 24 jerseys should be retired. i think kobe should have had 2 or three mvps by now, but the media doesn't like him and it's all because of the 2003 colorado incedent. he will end up with 2 at least and 4 at most mvp's. he will win 3 chips at least and 5 at the most. he will surpass kareem as the greatest scorer of all-time i also think he will be defensive player of the year this year.kobe greatest ever.lakers 3-peat coming. greatest franchise and player ever what more can u ask 4. mvp,mvp,mvp,mvp.that's what its all about. gooooooo llllllaaaaaakkkkkkeeeeeerrrrrr rsssssss!
roger flores

Los Angeles, CA

#2 Mar 5, 2008
lakers 2007-2008 nba champions. history in the makings. bynum the next shaq. kobe=mj. lamar=pippen. gasol=rodman.fish = paxon.
xusllabb

Downey, CA

#3 Mar 5, 2008
Here we go again with the lets kiss Kobe's butt raise the we love Kobe flags.The Rapers are going no where with this clown.What are you Kobe lovers going to do when the Fakers are tossed out in the first round.And having two jerseys retired give me a break maybe the league should retire his first and last name to.
tim

Carpinteria, CA

#4 Mar 5, 2008
this is the LLakers year they are going to win the championship and kobe will be M.V.P
Rasar

Garden Grove, CA

#5 Mar 5, 2008
Never before has Kobe been so in tune with the pulse of the team. He has matured immensely and transformed from a great player to a phenomenal one. He has become the epitome of leadership by example, instilling the kind of unselfishness in the rest of the team that makes them tick as a single unit. For years Jackson tried to teach Kobe that and while Kobe bought in at times, he didn't fully comprehend the concept until this year. Suddenly, he's like a reincarnation of MJ. There is no question that he has made the team as a whole work better. The bench, admittedly talented to begin with, now look up to
him with respect since they already have his. They know they can count on him like a savior, and it motivates them. His confidence is energizing the whole team. He has put it altogether now. The members of the team feed off one another.
An example of his attitude is how Gasol has seemlessly integrated into the team. The chemistry between the two of them makes one think they have been playing with each other for years, not a few games. We have to go back to 1980s to see the kind of enjoyable chemistry that this team has, free of the tensions of the early 2000s with a loud mouth Shaq constantly poisoning the atmosphere. Yeah, Kobe was immature then, but Shaq didn't help it.
As for MVP, there is no question in my mind who it belongs to. I love watching Lebron James, and he has elevated his team. He has the edge in terms of size, strength, shooting, and in some statistical categories. Kobe has the edge in style, explosiveness, creativity, driving ability. But the real difference is in this amazing team spirit that Kobe has created in a very young and inexperienced team, making them believe in themselves in a way nobody else thought possible. Kobe has elevated the play of the rest of the Lakers far more than Lebron has. I'd be very surprised if Kobe doesn't win the award this year.
Bellhopper1948

United States

#6 Mar 5, 2008
I've been a Lakers' enthusiast since the day I arrived in Los Angeles. I've seen the games from the tiimes of Wilt Chamberlain, Jerry West, Gail Goodrich, Pat Riley, Happy Hairston, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Magic Johnson, Michael Cooper, Norm Nixon, Byron Scott, Bob McAdoo, Kurt Rambis to name a few. The Los Angeles Lakers' are a great team.

For many years Kobe Bryant has been an MVP since the time of the SHAQ era, Him and Shaq took the Lakers to three championships in and he was denied of recognition. For three consecutive chamionship, t's just beyond recognition for Kobe Bryant is "THE MAN" The whole world knows and "Mr. Steel " knows he won't without "THE MAN." The NBA organization owes KOBE a lot. Hopefully this year is his year.. Early Congratulations to you KOBE..
GO LA LAKERS!
LOS ANGELENOS ARE READY FOR ANOTHER CHAMPIONSHIP PARADE....
LA LAKER MOMMY

Chino Hills, CA

#8 Mar 5, 2008
GO KOBE ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY!!!HE COMES THROUGH ALL THE TIME WHEN THEY NEED HIM. I LOVE TO WATCH HIM PLAY AND I AM EVEN MORE HAPPY MY SON LOOKS UP TO HIM...
xusllabb

Glendora, CA

#9 Mar 5, 2008
LA LAKER MOMMY wrote:
GO KOBE ITS YOUR BIRTHDAY!!!HE COMES THROUGH ALL THE TIME WHEN THEY NEED HIM. I LOVE TO WATCH HIM PLAY AND I AM EVEN MORE HAPPY MY SON LOOKS UP TO HIM...
Your happy that your son looks up to a rapist??????what is this world coming to.Is OJ Simpson one of his role models to
CNAE

Laredo, TX

#10 Mar 5, 2008
KB24 is the best in the league everyone knows he doesn't have to prove thats he better than lebron because he already is kobe has been through some bs with shaq a couple of years ago and didn't respond be socializing but with his game. his team(YES HIS TEAM) proved it and his team is improving and shaq is struggling he needs to retire 16 seasons is enough plus when the last LB or shaq scored 81 let me think.......NEVER
LA LAKER MOMMY

Chino Hills, CA

#12 Mar 6, 2008
xusllabb wrote:
<quoted text>
Your happy that your son looks up to a rapist??????what is this world coming to.Is OJ Simpson one of his role models to
No O.J. is your daddy!
yagsixusllabb

Los Angeles, CA

#13 Mar 6, 2008
Kobe is finally gonna get the MVP he deserves.
xusllabb

Los Angeles, CA

#14 Mar 6, 2008
Go KOBE! Go Lakers! WOOHOO!
xusllabb

Glendora, CA

#15 Mar 6, 2008
LA LAKER MOMMY wrote:
<quoted text>
No but face. The little white girl should have kept her panties on. I dont feel sorry for her. She had no reason to go to his room that time of morning.Eveyone with brains knows what a man wants from a woman that time of morning. Oh but thats right she a little white girl they were just going to talk. Yeh right he didn't have to talk her out her panties because she didn't have any on!! So yes I am happy my son looks up to him and I can see past b.s when I see it and it's my childs decesion who he likes. I guess next you will tell me he can't like his cousin Chris Mc Alister of the Balimore Ravens because he is a hot head. Don't comment on my childs well being you don't know me.
Do you even know who the father of your kid is
lbkingjames_fan

Cornelius, OR

#17 Mar 6, 2008
hmm kobe does desereve mvp.

but hes competing agasint many players this season.

such as ai, lebron, d howard. etc...<-- allstarrs

but hes doing sooo well with pau gasol.
now he has much more of a supporing team.

also with gasol he can get more assit.
TPSUNSTAR

United States

#18 Mar 6, 2008
I wonder why people always hate on the Lakers. Lakers are an elite team and people can not accept that. Kobe is the best player in the NBA. Face It....

Go Lakers!

Since: Feb 08

Bedford, TX

#22 Mar 6, 2008
Lakers vs Celtics Finals sounds great to me!

Bedford, TX

#23 Mar 6, 2008
Remember the 80's?

The greatest Rivalry ever..........

Bedford, TX

#24 Mar 6, 2008

Bedford, TX

#25 Mar 6, 2008

Bedford, TX

#26 Mar 6, 2008

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boston Celtics Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News LeBron, Cavs try to shake 'weird' loss in Game ... (May '17) May '17 Hear Pharts 2
News Boston battle back to beat Washington in semi-f... (May '17) May '17 Boston phart 2
News Durant's 28 points leads Thunder to 130-109 win... (Mar '16) Mar '16 Love it 3
News Celtics-Lakers rivalry goes back to Lenox, 1960 (Jun '08) Feb '16 Fart news 15
News Jason Collins mostly gets support from NBA comm... (Apr '13) Feb '16 Grumpa farts 58
News Celtics Journal: Injuries to Johnson and Sullin... (Dec '15) Dec '15 ttitus 1
News Best Potential Trade Packages, Scenarios and La... (Feb '15) Jun '15 tom wingo 3
More from around the web