Davidson's Stephen Curry a Knicks draft target?

Full story: Newsday 23
With a week to go before the NBA holds its draft lottery, the rumors have begun to surface surrounding the Knicks ' potential target if they remain in the No. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
LIAM

Apopka, FL

#1 May 11, 2009
Would love to see the Knicks finally bring Mullin back to MSG!
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#2 May 11, 2009
LIAM wrote:
Would love to see the Knicks finally bring Mullin back to MSG!
As much as I admire Chris Mullin, the Knicks must bring back Patrick Ewing in some capacity before they bring back Chris Mullin. He wasn't a Knick and Patrick deserves to be back here...
butch

United States

#3 May 12, 2009
the knicks are owned by cablevision? which also owns newsday!!!!?????? wow, i didn't know that.
Battfist

Howell, NJ

#4 May 12, 2009
I believe the RAngers too....

Lebron would like a shooter like Curry to pass to.
Bob

Ridge, NY

#5 May 12, 2009
I wonder if it's still legal to do like the Celtics did with Larry Bird. Draft players the year before they are coming out, and then you have a year to sign him.
rcoolc

Easley, SC

#6 May 12, 2009
We need the frozen envelope and then trade Nate for the next pick in the draft!
Use both picks to get Rubio and Blake.
Rip

Oklahoma City, OK

#7 May 12, 2009
Way to sound like you don't know what you're talking about, Alan. Blake Griffin didn't attend Oklahoma State...
greg

Central Islip, NY

#8 May 12, 2009
UMMM KNICKS HAVE YOU EVER WATCHED FILM OF BRANDON JENNINGS IF NOT PLEASE SELECT HIM
jys22

New York, NY

#9 May 12, 2009
Finally some Knicks news or rumors should I say.....I'm just looking forward to draft day. I don't know this year's prospects all too well, but if the Knicks were stuck at #8 I'd take my chances on Stephen Curry from what I'm hearing. Let's just hope that Donnie will make the right moves/decisions come draft time.
Sports

Westbury, NY

#10 May 12, 2009
I dont think the knicks should draft curry. We need a 4 or 5 someone that would do good in the paint.
NYStateOfMind

New York, NY

#11 May 12, 2009
Sports wrote:
I dont think the knicks should draft curry. We need a 4 or 5 someone that would do good in the paint.
Who do you have in mind?...

After Griffin and Thabeet, the pickings are VERY slim for those positions...
Kyonk

Albertson, NY

#12 May 12, 2009
greg wrote:
UMMM KNICKS HAVE YOU EVER WATCHED FILM OF BRANDON JENNINGS IF NOT PLEASE SELECT HIM
Amen, I'd much rather have Bradon Jennings than Stephen Curry. Curry is a shooter, not a slasher who can create his own shot or take defenders off the dribble. Short shooters who can't get their own shot don't do well in this league (look at JJ Redick).

Jennings on the other hand, is a lightning quick playmaker who's been playing professionally in Italy against grown men. I'll take that year of experience over Curry's three years of shooting jumpers over business majors from Elon University.
BrooklynFinest

Jamaica, NY

#13 May 12, 2009
Enough with the foreign imports. We are getting burnt time and time again. Its time to draft an american kid with some skills.
Kyonk

Albertson, NY

#15 May 12, 2009
BrooklynFinest wrote:
Enough with the foreign imports. We are getting burnt time and time again. Its time to draft an american kid with some skills.
Danilo Gallinari is a foreign player who showed signs of being a superb offensive player last year. How'd they get burned?
mrstretch

United States

#16 May 12, 2009
Kyonk wrote:
<quoted text>
Danilo Gallinari is a foreign player who showed signs of being a superb offensive player last year. How'd they get burned?
Uh, his back went out on him TWICE. The second time during the season & missed MONTHS...WHERE have you been?

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#17 May 12, 2009
The Knicks don't need Curry, they need a defensive presence in the middle to intimidate, block shots, rebound and play defense.
Defense is their most glaring need.

“Let's go Yankees”

Since: Jul 08

Long Island

#18 May 12, 2009
NYStateOfMind wrote:
<quoted text>
As much as I admire Chris Mullin, the Knicks must bring back Patrick Ewing in some capacity before they bring back Chris Mullin. He wasn't a Knick and Patrick deserves to be back here...
If we end up with Thabeet, then bringing Ewing in would be a great move. He could spend half the day in the weight room, and the other half with Ewing on the court.

Location hidden

#19 May 12, 2009
HarleyRyder wrote:
<quoted text>
If we end up with Thabeet, then bringing Ewing in would be a great move. He could spend half the day in the weight room, and the other half with Ewing on the court.
An excellent suggestion, makes good sense.

“Let's go Yankees”

Since: Jul 08

Long Island

#20 May 12, 2009
I LEVEL wrote:
<quoted text>
An excellent suggestion, makes good sense.
But of course we won't end up with Thabeet, Blake or Curry. The Knicks will draft Emilio Soparujic

Location hidden

#21 May 12, 2009
HarleyRyder wrote:
<quoted text>
But of course we won't end up with Thabeet, Blake or Curry. The Knicks will draft Emilio Soparujic
You may be right, they always have to do things the difficult way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atlanta Hawks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Al Horford's Return Makes Atlanta Hawks a Top-5... Jul '14 Michigan Hawks Fan 1
Building a Healthier Long Beach (Feb '14) Jul '14 sam 2
Trade Season: Detroit Dealin' (Jan '14) May '14 Will 2
NBA Playoff Preview - Indiana vs. Washington (May '14) May '14 youchinksareuglyi... 1
Sean Stoops replacing Jack Miller as Avon Polic... (Apr '14) Apr '14 sally 2
NBA Previews: April 6th, 2014 (Apr '14) Apr '14 omeromer 1
Ranking the 5 Best NBA Free-Agency Signings in ... (Jul '13) Nov '13 zhun1buy 7
More from around the web