Worked a year for this day; Wade says...

Worked a year for this day; Wade says Hawks will pay

There are 33 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from May 3, 2009, titled Worked a year for this day; Wade says Hawks will pay. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Late Friday evening, inside AmericanAirlines Arena, streams of happy people were celebrating the step to Game 7 when Dwyane Wade emerged from the Heat locker room.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Cant Believe It

West Palm Beach, FL

#21 May 3, 2009
Beasley needs to realize that this is not high school or that one college season. This is his JOB... professional sports. I can't stand his non-chalant attitude and lack of fire. I would hate to come to work every day next to someone who has great potential but no spark. Trade Beasely for some players that have intensity, a desire to win, that CARE whether they win or lose. He has a loser attitude.
marcus coral gables

Pompano Beach, FL

#22 May 3, 2009
Maybe if they put money into into the players indeed of treating Pat Reily like he is a savior of the world they may find a way to win. Cut some of Pat expensives and maybe find new leadership...Also their new coach is far from a nice person....Glad they were elinimated...Go Hawks
Hyperdude wrote:
Things haven't changed Wade is still getting beat up only with different players. 2007 they put him in a wheelchair as i predicted.
The need at least one player that can take over a game and differ some attention away from Wade or his future will be short.
"these athletic supporters" need to pull thier bootstraps up and reek havoc in game 7. Will or can they do it? You'll see who the winners and losers are in game 7.
Even though Haslem has been a great team guy they need to replace him for a bigger more talented guy. He's a liability as an offensive player. O'neal stepped up his game but atlanta has countered his success with a defense in game 5.
With O'neal out wade again will be the focus and unless a couple of miami teamates get hot as to draw the defense away from wade they will lose game 7.
Tommy gavin

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#23 May 3, 2009
there was piss poor oficiating today, pathetic! Heat couldn't get on a role because everytime they did there was a bullsh1t foul! The officials should be ashamed of themselves. Not only that the heat looked like they were shooting at a square hoop too. On the positive side, they are super young, and very talented, future looks bright for these young guys, they need to lockvup wade for another 4 or more NOW , not when he is a free agent, guys like this don't come around too often
Tony Carles

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#24 May 3, 2009
I consider Dwayne Wade arguably the best player in the NBA but even he can't do it alone. Shooting and ball-handling by most of his teammates is sub-par for a professional team and I shudder to think where the Heat would be without Wade.
Fraud

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#25 May 3, 2009
The NBA is a fraud. The Heat has one of the best players in the game, but dirt for a support cast. The fact that it went to the last game shows that the whole thing is a fruad. The NBA has one or two championship level teams, Cleveland and LA. The remainder of the playoffs is for TV advertising money. It is a joke. Miami had no chance and will not until they get a team to support Wade. The NBA decides who is in the game and it is not in the cards for Miami.

“I will care when it matters”

Since: Mar 09

Seattle Washington

#26 May 3, 2009
Fraud wrote:
The NBA is a fraud. The Heat has one of the best players in the game, but dirt for a support cast. The fact that it went to the last game shows that the whole thing is a fruad. The NBA has one or two championship level teams, Cleveland and LA. The remainder of the playoffs is for TV advertising money. It is a joke. Miami had no chance and will not until they get a team to support Wade. The NBA decides who is in the game and it is not in the cards for Miami.
well your wrong...the nba would want a Lebron VS D wade 2nd round if they could choose...the nba has 5 Championship caliber teams...Boston, Orlando and Denver are all championship caliber...ORLANDO lost its all-star point guard and they are still contenders, and boston lost its best player or they would probably be the favorites. LEARN THE GAME!

Since: May 09

Las Vegas, NV

#27 May 3, 2009
The Heat needs to fill up with Deisel Power.
Indy

Powder Springs, GA

#28 May 3, 2009
Cant Believe It wrote:
Beasley needs to realize that this is not high school or that one college season. This is his JOB... professional sports. I can't stand his non-chalant attitude and lack of fire. I would hate to come to work every day next to someone who has great potential but no spark. Trade Beasely for some players that have intensity, a desire to win, that CARE whether they win or lose. He has a loser attitude.
ABSOLUTELY agree.
fact 1

Salem, OR

#29 May 3, 2009
Wade is just a modern day version of Allen Iverson. Why do you think he came off the bench during the Olympics. He's great at scoring 200 points but he is not a leader. Now he can play pickup games with A.I. The only reason he won a ring is because of Shaq. No where near Lebron's capability on the court. So get ready for the same next year.
Isaac W

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#30 May 3, 2009
All the young players of the Heat urgently need a Sports Psychologist to help them controling their nerves.They looked completely lost on the court, like this was the first time they had to play a "Play Off Game". Wade could not do it alone.Get them back on the court as soon as possible to give them back their confidence, otherwise next year it will be the same story.
Bongsly

Lipa City, Philippines

#31 May 3, 2009
it think it was a blessing in disguise, the loss in game 7, i don't think,the heat will be able to handle LBJ and the cavs if they made it thru, wade has been badly beaten up, he might get injured. and if ever, i'm sure the cavs will humuliate the heat sweeeping and routing them in 4 games. let's just look forward to the next season and give beasley and rio more time!
Bongsly

Lipa City, Philippines

#32 May 3, 2009
when jordan was still around, how many years did it take for him to get his 1st championship? dwade did it in three.
cindy

Slidell, LA

#33 May 3, 2009
He came off the bench because KOBE BRYANT was on that team too...and they play the same position...being second to Kobe Bryant ain't that bad...and he was the top scorer on that team...too much hate! Besides Kobe couldn't get out the first round until the Gasol trade (How quickly we forget...before that trade Kobe wanted to LEAVE LA). We need to find Wade his Gasol...or Beasley needs to get serious about basketball (all the time) and become that guy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atlanta Hawks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jason Collins mostly gets support from NBA comm... (Apr '13) Feb '16 Fart news 60
News LaMarcus Aldridge leaning towards Lakers, Mavs,... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Sniff farts 3
News Wizards show promise (May '15) May '15 tom wingo 2
Atlanta Hawks are playing exceptional team bask... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Ignat14 1
News Al Horford's Return Makes Atlanta Hawks a Top-5... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Michigan Hawks Fan 1
News Building a Healthier Long Beach (Feb '14) Jul '14 sam 2
News Trade Season: Detroit Dealin' (Jan '14) May '14 Will 2
More from around the web