Cherokee County man dies after head-on collision

Full story: The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

A Canton man died Wednesday after a head-on collision that shut down a major east-west artery across the northern suburbs for two hours during the morning commute.
Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Apr 7, 2011
Nora Jacobs

Canton, GA

#1 Apr 21, 2010
Highway 20 is a dangerous road that needs widening to support to growing volume of traffic and huge shopping center built at 575 and 20. I would imagine the statistics support an above average amount of wrecks on this road. It is past time to spend money on this.
no way

Mount Juliet, TN

#2 Apr 21, 2010
ive lived on hwy 20 for over 20 years the only thing that needs to happen with it is people need to slow the fck down or move somewhere else.
As I see em

Canton, GA

#3 Apr 22, 2010
I agree that people need to slow down, but in owning a business on Hwy 20 less than a mile from this accident scene, I agree that there is way too much volume on 20. You really have to pay attention to what you are doing because it is a very dangerous road. But where there is volume like that there are bound to be accidents. In fact, the exact spot where this accident occured is the location of three fatal crashes that I'm aware of. Maybe if Cherokee would write more tickets down 20 people would slow down.
I send my condolences to the family for their loss and hope the other driver is doing well.
Fireguy

Canton, GA

#4 Apr 28, 2010
Remember all the people who were up in arms about the Northern Arc. Thank them.
If construction on the arc would have started, it could almost be finished by now and the 18 wheelers would not be on 20.
Whitty

Suitland, MD

#5 May 16, 2010
Highway 20 is "scheduled" to be widened in year 2023 or so...traffic has increased to over 25,000 daily commuters in the heaviest traveled area. Albeit drivers do need to slow down and watch curves and hills, thats not the only solution. Highway 20 will be reminiscent of State Bridge Road in Alpharetta by 2023...traffic will certainly slow down then LOL
Kris

Canton, GA

#6 Jul 30, 2010
I live on highway 20! People just need to learn how to drive and pay attention to the damn road! But I am very glad that they FINALLY repaved the road! I think that is why Taylor's mother got into the wreck they killed Taylor! It was not her fault at all... it was that stupid paving!
Chris

Atlanta, GA

#8 Apr 7, 2011
You can't speed on Hwy 20 Because of the traffic.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atlanta Hawks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Al Horford's Return Makes Atlanta Hawks a Top-5... Jul '14 Michigan Hawks Fan 1
Building a Healthier Long Beach (Feb '14) Jul '14 sam 2
Trade Season: Detroit Dealin' (Jan '14) May '14 Will 2
NBA Playoff Preview - Indiana vs. Washington May '14 youchinksareuglyi... 1
Sean Stoops replacing Jack Miller as Avon Polic... Apr '14 sally 2
NBA Previews: April 6th, 2014 Apr '14 omeromer 1
Ranking the 5 Best NBA Free-Agency Signings in ... (Jul '13) Nov '13 zhun1buy 7
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000