Heat: rookies Mario Chalmers, Michael...

Heat: rookies Mario Chalmers, Michael Beasley were continually ...

There are 40 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from May 5, 2009, titled Heat: rookies Mario Chalmers, Michael Beasley were continually .... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

The Heat's patience in breaking two rookies into its playing rotation proved even more trying off the court.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
insipid dimwit

Delray Beach, FL

#26 May 6, 2009
what a couple of worthless losers. definitely not fit to be hardcore NBA players. let them drift into failure, as so many players we never remember after a few years do.
black guy

Vero Beach, FL

#27 May 6, 2009
lonely wrote:
it's hard controlling african american teenagers without giving them millions of dollars...imagine them with all that money.
And it's hard controlling us when it comes to your sisters, daughters, and wives. A matter of fact, it's hard controlling your daughters, sisters, and wives. Guess what, I have somebody's white wife coming over shortly and her husband is a racist as well. I coming to a home near you. I love this game.
black guy

Vero Beach, FL

#28 May 6, 2009
Slim wrote:
beasley's head is not on straight.
he reminds me of guys like ron artest and joakim noah.
he may never mature
You remember Danny Ainges for the celtics. He was wild and white, but he was probably very intertaining to you. I coming to a home near you because your daughters, sisters, and wives keep calling me over. Sorry.
The People of Florida

Warren, NJ

#29 May 6, 2009
Enought is enougth, they both should shape in as professionals or Pat will ship out both early next season.
trensaun

Eddyville, KY

#30 May 6, 2009
heat you need lamar odom Earl watson Jamal Crawford if it works money wise if not trade haslem to mil. for charlie V and Alexander defense is not the problem its scoring we need it wade will share the ball and you can really cut down on his min.Then get all the bigs you can for cheap ala Boston.
Jack on a Car Phone

Chicago, IL

#31 May 6, 2009
Just a couple of punks, making $millions and laughing at the rest of us. Plus, they STINK as players. What a bust at #2. They could have had Mayo, but no, a 6'5 tweener.
Truth

Miami, FL

#32 May 6, 2009
This article makes no sense at all.

"Management was surprised that Chalmers also had a high number of violations."

Who the heck was fining them the judge from Peoples Court.

If you are going to write an article then write an article.
This is typical South Florida Journalism, nothing is reported until those involved are fired and out of town, then you all go around saying, well we all knew that so and so was arriving drunk to the games etc.

Sports writers are more interested in making sure they are liked by players and management than about reporting the truth.

This article is a waste of bandwidth.
Jack Rabbit Slim

Pompano Beach, FL

#33 May 6, 2009
Beasley played at Kansas State right. Isn't that team coached by the former Miami High coach who cheated his way to a couple of state titles? What else would you expect from a player under his guidance. He probaly told Mike where all the scuzzy places were on South Beach. Hey Pat, Trade Beasley while he has worth. 3 years of South Beach will make him worthless on the trade market. Try an salvage Chalmers, he worthy.
NoFnWay

Spartanburg, SC

#34 May 6, 2009
Just 2 punks that think they are above the rules. I hope they realize their mistakes and act like professionals next season. They are overateed & overpayed, but then again so is everyone else in the NBA.
Jack Rabbit Slim

Pompano Beach, FL

#35 May 6, 2009
lonely wrote:
it's hard controlling african american teenagers without giving them millions of dollars...imagine them with all that money.
HEY MR LONELY
Seems like someone is little HOT under the collar. They guys are not teens, they are Adults. Youth an MONEY can confuse young people across all lines. Jason Williams was of another ethic group an look at the carnage he left behind. African American Teens put a lot of energy / effort in becoming the Super Star status. At least they work for the money. The powers to be that oversee these so called "Out of control BLACK Amercian Teens" are a clone to yourself. Why don't they buy out their contracts when they misbehave? Just as I thought. Because they know another one of your kind will simply sign him to another contract an now you have to compete against him. By the way, look what money has done to guys like you. You're lazy, probaly overweight an balding, you cruz the Red Light District, use drugs, has a couple of DUI's an cheat on your spouse. Now you're old enough to know better. There is no excuse for what the Young Rich Black Amercian teens do. But I guess there is. Afterall, they are just YOUNG1
Dom Pfefferkorn

Laurel, MD

#36 May 6, 2009
Udonis Haslem's flagrant foul against Hawks center Zaza Pachulia on Sunday in Atlanta has been downgraded by the NBA to a Flagrant 1 violation instead of the Flagrant 2 cited.

Had the original ruling been a Flagrant 1 violation, Haslem would not have been ejected with 3:51 to play.

David Stern just cost us the ring, again. He hates Pat Riley since before recinding the Juwan Howard trade, the only trade recinded by the NBA in the last 20+ years. Even Stern could not stop Dallas though from crying its way out of a ring in 06, go heat
Grow up

United States

#37 May 6, 2009
"Coming from college," Beasley said, "there's not as many rules and not as strict, so I think it's learning to adjust to a better life or more responsible life."

Yeah and now you're getting paid alot of money to play a game. Shape up moron. You could be out on the streets like all the other brothers, jobless and commiting crimes. You are lucky. Your life is like winning the lottery every year. Follow the rules and behave. Quit acting like a m/o/n/k/e/y.... The old saying goes: "you can take the ape out of the jungle but you can't take the jungle out of the ape".
Slim

United States

#40 May 6, 2009
Beasley could be the next ron artest except less talented.

why is this guy getting fined so much?

can't he control himself and just follow the rules? no one is twisting his arm to work for the Heat and NBA.

grow up and appreciate the easy job you have.

some bozo on here disagrees that Beasley is immature. he obviously ain't watchin' any heat games.
waDe

Hialeah, FL

#41 May 6, 2009
Slim wrote:
Beasley could be the next ron artest except less talented.
why is this guy getting fined so much?
can't he control himself and just follow the rules? no one is twisting his arm to work for the Heat and NBA.
grow up and appreciate the easy job you have.
some bozo on here disagrees that Beasley is immature. he obviously ain't watchin' any heat games.
Do us a favor....don't watch any Heat games, eat a big plate of S H I T T and DIE!
nick

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#42 May 6, 2009
HELLO!!
It's Baseball time...next Football.
GDW

Lanham, MD

#43 May 6, 2009
Nobody has mentioned the fact that these guys are 20 and 21 years old. Nobody here had jobs where they were scrutinized they way these young guys are. Most of the fines were for team dress code and things of that nature. They werent late for practice Riley has just had problems breaking them in. Its a shame that a lot of grown azz men are jealous of some young men who are just starting out in life.
Ryan Stewart

Littleton, CO

#44 May 7, 2009
Julio wrote:
That's why I have not paid to attend or watched NBA basketball in years. I refuse to pay towards these guys salaries.
Good, the NBA is doing just fine without you. Now go away.
Ryan Stewart

Littleton, CO

#45 May 7, 2009
GDW wrote:
Nobody has mentioned the fact that these guys are 20 and 21 years old. Nobody here had jobs where they were scrutinized they way these young guys are. Most of the fines were for team dress code and things of that nature. They werent late for practice Riley has just had problems breaking them in. Its a shame that a lot of grown **** men are jealous of some young men who are just starting out in life.
Could not agree more.
Go Marlins

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#46 May 7, 2009
black guy wrote:
<quoted text>And it's hard controlling us when it comes to your sisters, daughters, and wives. A matter of fact, it's hard controlling your daughters, sisters, and wives. Guess what, I have somebody's white wife coming over shortly and her husband is a racist as well. I coming to a home near you. I love this game.
I hope she has good shoes on to walk on the chicken wing bones and watermelon seeds
lonely

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#47 May 7, 2009
Jack Rabbit Slim wrote:
<quoted text>
HEY MR LONELY
Seems like someone is little HOT under the collar. They guys are not teens, they are Adults. Youth an MONEY can confuse young people across all lines. Jason Williams was of another ethic group an look at the carnage he left behind. African American Teens put a lot of energy / effort in becoming the Super Star status. At least they work for the money. The powers to be that oversee these so called "Out of control BLACK Amercian Teens" are a clone to yourself. Why don't they buy out their contracts when they misbehave? Just as I thought. Because they know another one of your kind will simply sign him to another contract an now you have to compete against him. By the way, look what money has done to guys like you. You're lazy, probaly overweight an balding, you cruz the Red Light District, use drugs, has a couple of DUI's an cheat on your spouse. Now you're old enough to know better. There is no excuse for what the Young Rich Black Amercian teens do. But I guess there is. Afterall, they are just YOUNG1
So you're really using your "white person" example as Jason Williams.. That is hilarious. He's more african-american that Chalmers and Beasly combined!!! Your stereotype of all youth players are irresponsible is incorrects. Some player have there head on straight and hire financial advisors when the make the big time.. My point is that the majority of those player are white and smart... The majority of black athletes go on a spending spree with there money and buy crazy investments (100k watches, huge rims, crazy cars) When the amass all of these things and all of there friends look up to them they think they don't have to follow any rules. Have you heard of Chris Quinn, JJ Redick, or any young white player hit with any fines from there respective teams???? No, you dont...So please, tell it like it is and don't categorize the fines as being young, it goes way beyond that

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Atlanta Hawks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tim Hardaway Jr. signs 4-year, $71M offer sheet... Jul '17 The Phartr 2
News Boston battle back to beat Washington in semi-f... (May '17) May '17 Boston phart 2
News Jason Collins mostly gets support from NBA comm... (Apr '13) Feb '16 Fart news 59
News LaMarcus Aldridge leaning towards Lakers, Mavs,... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Sniff farts 3
News Wizards show promise (May '15) May '15 tom wingo 2
Atlanta Hawks are playing exceptional team bask... (Jan '15) Jan '15 Ignat14 1
News Al Horford's Return Makes Atlanta Hawks a Top-5... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Michigan Hawks Fan 1
More from around the web