NBA player Jason Collins comes out

Full story: The Washington Post

With those words, written in the upcoming issue of Sports Illustrated , Jason Collins, who played for the Boston Celtics and Washington Wizards this season, has taken the step that may embolden others to follow.
Comments
81 - 87 of 87 Comments Last updated May 4, 2013
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“So long to you, Righties”

Since: Jan 12

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>What is anti-gay? You gays wish we cared. Please explain the point in a NBA player coming out as gay? Is it so he never gets fouled, for fear of AIDS. Why do you think Magic score so many points in his last All Star game? most players did not want to get near him, for fear of blood.
Even now, the NBA is the only sport to have the Magic rule. If you are bleeding, you can't play until the blood is stopped. Take a guess where your hateful and bigoted gay comments can go.
You really are a POS, aren't you?

First, no one's automatically gay because they defend gay people.

Second, no one REALLY cares whether bigots like you like Collins or his coming out or not. Haters will hate, that's inevitable.

He's coming out because there are other gay athletes, always have been, and someone had to be the first to acknowledge it. Nothing to do with AIDS, that's just your hate talking. No reason to think he has AIDS any more than a straight athlete would.

Get bent, loser.

“So long to you, Righties”

keep suckin' and whiffin'!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Judged:

TRUTHS BUSTER wrote:
<quoted text>Why can't you be honest? The media and gays have made who Jason is having sex with a pressing issue. What you don't like is that America is not buying it. Incest couples and pedophiles never come out and say "I am a female tennis star".
Typically of haters, you want to drag unrelated things like incest and pedophilia into the debate. Why?

Because you're dishonest.

Your side didn't have any problem with suppressing homosexuals, keeping them in the closet, making their sex lives illegal, etc. so why complain now that that's ending and people are speaking out?
Juan0842

Fort Lauderdale, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Typically of haters, you want to drag unrelated things like incest and pedophilia into the debate. Why?
Because you're dishonest.
Your side didn't have any problem with suppressing homosexuals, keeping them in the closet, making their sex lives illegal, etc. so why complain now that that's ending and people are speaking out?
Unrelated? I think you should explain then why, since the sixties and the sexual "revolution", the out of the closet BS. There has been a sharp increase in sexual crimes, more so than any other crime and at any other time in our history. Explain why we have the sexual predators and sexual offenders laws. Explain to the parents why they can't feel safe in letting their children being out in the front yard on their own, Explain to the parents why they have become full time body guards. Please don't try to hide behind the general classification pedophilia, Gender having sex with its same gender are acts of homosexuality. The priests who were discovered to have sexually violated all those boys are homosexuals.
Sandy LJ Beach

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Two White Crows wrote:
<quoted text>
Gays should be thrown out of the country
but straight people keep making more.

“Timshel”

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

mrsize13feet wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes all of what you said is true. I guess my point is that why should we be impressed by the hollywood people when the average Joe does the same thing, or if he did no one would care, and no one should care so it brings me back to my original point. It's insignificant. I hear stories like this and I say, who gives a shyt? I sure don't. None of it is newsworthy, and again, it's very one sided. Hypocrisy in it's purest form lol..And this statement, I'm Black and I'm Gay? What? you're Black? when were you going to announce THAT? Or did you wait to deliver a double whammy to the world? It's bullshyt.
Haha, I get where you're coming from. The I'm black part of the announcement definitely should have been left out and yes, as a society it's sad that this kind of coming out is still newsworthy and necessary to many. We should have been past this decades, even centuries ago.

“Timshel”

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2013

Sandy LJ Beach wrote:
<quoted text>but straight people keep making more.
Brilliant!
Ginobili

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

You r either straight or crooked. If u r crooked straighten out. Several posters proposed that we exiled gays, but no one wants them, that is the problem. They need to be rehabbed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••