lakers fans
sam

Brampton, Canada

#73101 Jul 17, 2014
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree some what,
I think Dirk fits fine assuming they higher the right coach.
But like I said as the overall picture goes he won't change a thing.
He needed to be added talent not replacement talent.
I disagree. Dirk is older now and I can assure you it wouldn't work for him there. Why do you think he turned down the Lakers in the first place? How many years would you be willing to wait for him to adjust? Naw dude makes no sense.
sam

Brampton, Canada

#73102 Jul 17, 2014
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
Well it is true.
If we seat down an examine, how big the Lakers franchise think they're and the prestige of playing with Lakers makes players want to come over, so far jack $@*&
They're not moving in any direction, the Lkrs sat down waiting on Melo and LBJ and pretty much let all the other talent get way, even the ones they had in their own roster last season.
Now it appears they are banking on hopes for next season FA, so until then they will not move a finger apparently to keep the big bank account open.
So, now they are just floating there waiting.
I understand I don't know everything that's happening with the F.A. and them, or Mitch behind close doors working his butt off, but to be honest one thing Lkrs had before with Dr. Jerry Buss was that he was a guy. who would go have meeting with player at restaurant charmed him into coming over.
If for any reason he didn't get the player to commit right there, he would give him self a period to wait and hear from him, if he didn't get answer by them he would be moving on, to me he was a great gambler, he knew when to call a bluff and when to fold.
This Lkrs management are a bit scare and gave too much time to those two to jerk them around and not just with them with Howard too.
If you think your franchise is a big of you claim it is, you need to act like, they should had move on and got the other players, that could complement KB and Pau like it did back in 09.
That sends a message, We're the Lkrs, you had your chance, doesn't matter if they don't win a title just get the talent around KB and Pau, it shows those player we get it done for our stars.
That's how I see all they need was third wheel and solid role players, that's how they did it before.
I think you guys are victims of change. The organization is finding out you can't pull the things you once did. Your one line says it all "that's how they did it before". The world didn't evolve on what was done before. Progressive thinking and proper management and ownership is what you need. Players that want to come there or actually stay( sound familiar?). To me looking outside in(merely my observation), if you want to talk about Kobe, hes just there for a sack of money at this point or Lakers should never even offered the amount.
sam

Brampton, Canada

#73103 Jul 17, 2014
Bewitched wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, TT has been mentioned in trades off and on.
Agree about needing a rim protector. That's why I keep bouncing back and forth between Love and Wiggins. Love will help us get in the playoffs NOW. Don't you think that Andy and Bron would appreciate that???? lol If the Nuggets don't get him this year, we'll try again next season I guess.
Not sure giving up Wiggins is the answer in any deal. Acquire Love a different way.
sam

Brampton, Canada

#73104 Jul 17, 2014
The Orlando Magic have agreed upon a two-year,$5.5 million deal with Luke Ridnour.

The second year of Ridnour's deal is non-guaranteed.

Ridnour spent parts of last season with the Milwaukee Bucks and Charlotte Hornets.

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#73105 Jul 17, 2014
sam wrote:
<quoted text> I think you guys are victims of change. The organization is finding out you can't pull the things you once did. Your one line says it all "that's how they did it before". The world didn't evolve on what was done before. Progressive thinking and proper management and ownership is what you need. Players that want to come there or actually stay( sound familiar?). To me looking outside in(merely my observation), if you want to talk about Kobe, hes just there for a sack of money at this point or Lakers should never even offered the amount.
No, I disagree, nothing has change, really think about it.
This notion of the Lkrs being the place to go above all, that the front office believes in never really existed, out side the bringing in Shaq as free agent back in 96, what huge free agent had them being able to bringing in since?
Like I said the Lakers are missing the charming charisma Dr. Buss had with players and his awesome gambling skill to read a player's bluff.

But Lakers had two things going, one they are good at trading for talent, From Kareem, to Byron to KB, to Horry, to Lamar to Pau all trades and Jerry West's eye for drafting talent.
the Lkrs lost Jerry and Dr Buss, so only thing they have is left was trading.

Problem with trading is you need to have something to trade which they had none and they can't trade for free agency.
Also back then it was Jerry West or Dr. Buss dealing with free agency now is everyone, from the Buss' kids to Mitch, to Worthy, KB, heck even Magic if possible.

The Lkrs are missing is a Dr. Buss or West type of person, that would have the talk with the F.A. for everything else they have a formula.

They don't have to evolve from what has been done before, the formula works sammy they needed to apply it again, that's when it went wrong they didn't.

About the KB deal that's a whole conversation of it self, but I can see why they did it.
sam

Toronto, Canada

#73106 Jul 17, 2014
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I disagree, nothing has change, really think about it.
This notion of the Lkrs being the place to go above all, that the front office believes in never really existed, out side the bringing in Shaq as free agent back in 96, what huge free agent had them being able to bringing in since?
Like I said the Lakers are missing the charming charisma Dr. Buss had with players and his awesome gambling skill to read a player's bluff.
But Lakers had two things going, one they are good at trading for talent, From Kareem, to Byron to KB, to Horry, to Lamar to Pau all trades and Jerry West's eye for drafting talent.
the Lkrs lost Jerry and Dr Buss, so only thing they have is left was trading.
Problem with trading is you need to have something to trade which they had none and they can't trade for free agency.
Also back then it was Jerry West or Dr. Buss dealing with free agency now is everyone, from the Buss' kids to Mitch, to Worthy, KB, heck even Magic if possible.
The Lkrs are missing is a Dr. Buss or West type of person, that would have the talk with the F.A. for everything else they have a formula.
They don't have to evolve from what has been done before, the formula works sammy they needed to apply it again, that's when it went wrong they didn't.
About the KB deal that's a whole conversation of it self, but I can see why they did it.
I agree with some but most I don't. I get the impression from you that this team is a dinosaur looking for answers. Dr Buss this and Dr Buss that. Dr Buss is enjoying cigars in the clouds above. He's gone RR its time for new ideas and new people. You still jump over the fact why people did not sign there or have left. Sorry RR you sound like you can't part with the old school way or your just a traditionalist. Anyway its not about you its about the team. Kobe? You can see why they did it? Why? To muck up bringing in people they can't afford? I don't get it. Lastly.Pau , Scott(to an extent), Kareem ,worthy, are totally irrelevant now to compete in the west or the league for that matter. Idk RR I have read more what they have done than anything else.
sam

Toronto, Canada

#73107 Jul 17, 2014
RR its about solutions at the end of the day. Dr Buss concepts for all you know may not work anymore. Ever thought about that? Pretty rude awakening I am sure but something has to change. Whether you agree or not. I pray Kobe lives up to his big pay day.
sam

Toronto, Canada

#73108 Jul 17, 2014
How can one say nothing has to change? RR please tell me you don't walk around with a pager and still use a Sony Walkman .
Black Mamba

United States

#73109 Jul 17, 2014
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
For two-year deal worth $2 million, he will probably try from the bench while day dreaming, I guess
He is 6-10 ,so probably they will ask him to move between PF and C.
Now that there is no Pau, I guess not having any actual 7 foot player on the squad is going to really make the Lkrs look small.
Any news on Ryan Kelly?
Seems like they’re putting off Kelly signing to preserve space.... Could be the reason Swaggy and Hill haven’t been officially signed yet...... We did extend a QO to Kelly though at least....

I saw that trailer and that looks funny lol .... That fat ghost looking character looks like he's going to get into a lot of trouble..... I still have to see Rio 2....

Are you going to see The Purge 2?..... I'm going to check that out because the first one wasn't bad at all.... I can't bring myself to watch Cameron Diaz in that movie Sex Tape lol.....
Black Mamba

United States

#73110 Jul 17, 2014
Showtime wrote:
Ok lakers signed Ed Davis to a 2 year deal, who the hell is he, and why should I like this deal? Can he play center, cause thats what we needed, I dont get whats going on, lakers could have signed stephenson for 2 years with a 3rd option like the hornets did and decided to go with lin and hill, I understand lin one cause hes a pg which we needed, and he brought along 2 picks, but the hill one? hill is not worth 9 million, even if its just one year, unless they really like him to be a starting center, but I would have rather rolled the dice on stephenson .
If he can provide us some depth for the frontcourt then he could be a good signing.... Like RR said he could be riding that bench....Seems like Lakers are looking for cheap/ bottom of the barrel players....

Yeah we need a center and Bynum is still out there...... Monroe as well and I haven't heard anything about him lately.... If Hill is going to play center then we are totally screwed..... Would prefer Monroe, but Bynum would be a cheaper option....

Now we just signed Boozer....I just hope he doesn’t take minutes from Randle..... The kid needs his playing time...We now have five players whose natural position is PF...... Hill and Davis playing center by committee lol.... Just kidding.....
Black Mamba

United States

#73111 Jul 17, 2014
sam wrote:
How can one say nothing has to change? RR please tell me you don't walk around with a pager and still use a Sony Walkman .
I know this happened weeks ago, but looks like Pierce is going to be popping wheelies in gi wheelchair in WAS.....You could make a case for Paul as the Nets' most consistent player last season.....

Even in a reduced role and he certainly adjusted better than Garnett did......Maybe he'll actually be more productive in WAS with a less selfish lineup around him..... They lost Ariza thou and that's a tough blow.....

“All for 1, 1 for all”

Since: Apr 08

Akron, Ohio

#73112 Jul 17, 2014
Check YOUR sources...... K Love to CLE .... in the works.......
Black Mamba

United States

#73113 Jul 17, 2014
Bewitched wrote:
Check YOUR sources...... K Love to CLE .... in the works.......
I don’t want to see him go, but I will understand it if they do trade him..... It lessens future flexibility, but increases their opportunities to win this season.... Maybe even and probably for the next 4-6 years...... If they get this done, the average age of their Big Three will be 25.....

Problem could be that the may have to throw more of our players into that trade in order to make that work money-wise......They unfortunately don’t have a huge expiring contract from a overpaid vet to throw in there..... They don't want to throw Andy in that deal.....

“All for 1, 1 for all”

Akron, Ohio

#73114 Jul 17, 2014

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

#73115 Jul 17, 2014
sam wrote:
<quoted text> I agree with some but most I don't. I get the impression from you that this team is a dinosaur looking for answers. Dr Buss this and Dr Buss that. Dr Buss is enjoying cigars in the clouds above. He's gone RR its time for new ideas and new people. You still jump over the fact why people did not sign there or have left. Sorry RR you sound like you can't part with the old school way or your just a traditionalist. Anyway its not about you its about the team. Kobe? You can see why they did it? Why? To muck up bringing in people they can't afford? I don't get it. Lastly.Pau , Scott(to an extent), Kareem ,worthy, are totally irrelevant now to compete in the west or the league for that matter. Idk RR I have read more what they have done than anything else.
See Sammy you are looking at the opposite way of what I'm talking.

I don't think this team is a Dinosaur, I think the front office believed too much in the hype that they are this brand called Lkrs , that in reality none never gave a F about it to begin with from F.A., it was all in their heads.
Instead they should concentrate on what made them the Lkrs become the brand that every one hypes about.
Is now about Dr. Buss being gone, and moving on to new ideas, that's the problem actually, it is about following Dr. blue print, cause still holds.

I'm not hanged on why people didn't sign with them or left, I understand too well, I dissected the problem couple times already in previous post, problem is that Lkrs front office is who didn't figure out in time.

Sammy there isn't one reason why they gave KB that much money, cause the answer is reasons multiple reasons for one of them ,as stupid as this sound we need to start by putting a business/owner hat on, it was a move to secure the one person that brings them crazy amount of money in merchandise and National TV revenue, if everything went south with the F.A market which it did.

I see you didn't get the Pau, Lamar, Horry, Kareem, Scott and KB, let me ask you this since then from the 80's until now how many F.A. of that type of caliber other then Shaq had the Lkrs signed?

My point about Worthy and Magic is the Lkrs were bringing in these guys to meetings with F.A. to help them recruit, these is the new people and their style are getting it done and hasn't not work one time yet, OLD SCHOOL Lakers front Office didn't do it that way and they didn't need to cause their style was different and more productive and that's the blue print they need to follow.

Eventually the Lkrs will figure something out, but of now they handled wrong, cause they didn't do it the way they used to.

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

#73116 Jul 17, 2014
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text> Seems like they’re putting off Kelly signing to preserve space.... Could be the reason Swaggy and Hill haven’t been officially signed yet...... We did extend a QO to Kelly though at least....
I saw that trailer and that looks funny lol .... That fat ghost looking character looks like he's going to get into a lot of trouble..... I still have to see Rio 2....
Are you going to see The Purge 2?..... I'm going to check that out because the first one wasn't bad at all.... I can't bring myself to watch Cameron Diaz in that movie Sex Tape lol.....
Big Hero 6 is a Marvel comic book, that Disney decided to make into Animated film, this could turn into it's own Marvel animation Universe, Marvel is just kick butts and taking names.....lol

I didn't see Rio 2 it was madness adn too many kids at the time, so I decided to skip it, I will catch it on TV or Netflix.

The Purge 2, That's Showtimes domain, so no I will pass on that...lol

The Sex Tape, yeah no I like the actors it just didn't get my attention enough to go.

“All for 1, 1 for all”

Akron, Ohio

#73117 Jul 17, 2014
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text>I don’t want to see him go, but I will understand it if they do trade him..... It lessens future flexibility, but increases their opportunities to win this season.... Maybe even and probably for the next 4-6 years...... If they get this done, the average age of their Big Three will be 25.....
Problem could be that the may have to throw more of our players into that trade in order to make that work money-wise......They unfortunately don’t have a huge expiring contract from a overpaid vet to throw in there..... They don't want to throw Andy in that deal.....
Yeah, really saddens me to say goody-bye to Andrew that I hardly got to know.(I wouldn't make a good GM ... I would keep all of them... lol)

Haven't heard the scope of players affected. Fingers crossed that Andy isn't involved! Oh geez, this has been an emotional off season for me.

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

#73118 Jul 17, 2014
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text> Seems like they’re putting off Kelly signing to preserve space.... Could be the reason Swaggy and Hill haven’t been officially signed yet...... We did extend a QO to Kelly though at least....
Is the moratorium lifted already? Cause I haven't seen any any player sign any contract period, only people committing to contract with teams.

Cause Kelly could sign with some one else.

Well, In other news the Lkrs won the Amnesty Auction for Carlos Boozer with high bid of
$3.25M, according with ESPN.

We got boozer for a lot less money, but no first round draft pick.
sam

Toronto, Canada

#73119 Jul 17, 2014
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
See Sammy you are looking at the opposite way of what I'm talking.
I don't think this team is a Dinosaur, I think the front office believed too much in the hype that they are this brand called Lkrs , that in reality none never gave a F about it to begin with from F.A., it was all in their heads.
Instead they should concentrate on what made them the Lkrs become the brand that every one hypes about.
Is now about Dr. Buss being gone, and moving on to new ideas, that's the problem actually, it is about following Dr. blue print, cause still holds.
I'm not hanged on why people didn't sign with them or left, I understand too well, I dissected the problem couple times already in previous post, problem is that Lkrs front office is who didn't figure out in time.
Sammy there isn't one reason why they gave KB that much money, cause the answer is reasons multiple reasons for one of them ,as stupid as this sound we need to start by putting a business/owner hat on, it was a move to secure the one person that brings them crazy amount of money in merchandise and National TV revenue, if everything went south with the F.A market which it did.
I see you didn't get the Pau, Lamar, Horry, Kareem, Scott and KB, let me ask you this since then from the 80's until now how many F.A. of that type of caliber other then Shaq had the Lkrs signed?
My point about Worthy and Magic is the Lkrs were bringing in these guys to meetings with F.A. to help them recruit, these is the new people and their style are getting it done and hasn't not work one time yet, OLD SCHOOL Lakers front Office didn't do it that way and they didn't need to cause their style was different and more productive and that's the blue print they need to follow.
Eventually the Lkrs will figure something out, but of now they handled wrong, cause they didn't do it the way they used to.
Well you would know better than me what you need. I am outside looking in and the message I read seems your hanging on to what you once had.
sam

Brampton, Canada

#73120 Jul 17, 2014
Here ya go B..Wiggin up for trade?
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11229856/cl...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NBA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bizarre finish has Raptors crying foul after lo... 5 hr RollingPhartce 107
News Lorenzen Wright Autopsy Released- Graphic Content (Nov '10) Feb 14 ThenPharts 85
News My 2 Cents: OKC Thunder Fans Boo, Chant About KD Feb 14 MyPhartss 2
News Names in the Game (Jan '06) Feb 13 Namespharts 2
News Magic's success against Cleveland's one-man sho... (May '09) Feb 13 Phartabus 178
News Breaks fall Cavs' way (Apr '07) Feb 13 Phartham 34
News Tri-Rail hits passenger benchmark ... without g... (Feb '08) Feb 13 Phartocalypse 22
More from around the web