lakers fans
THE WB

Kennewick, WA

#65303 Oct 1, 2013
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha ha ha I don't think before universal decided to re continue Fast and Furious that Vin Diesel's agent was getting any calls, seriously. Los Bandoleros and Babylon A.D. that was it, then FF 4 came alone.
I have a feeling when Universal called about FF4 his agent told him, fool take it before they change their mind!..lol
If you look at his main roles, XXX, Riddick and Toretto they're all the same character, I don't think he wants to do a different role, and now with Marvel knocking at his door, it finally pay off.
Riddick is a good movie for a $38 mil budget, I would call it an infield home run, he didn't knock it out the park, but he made to home plate, now if can do another like that and bring in the rock or Jason Statham he could take this franchise of the ground too.
Funny he mentions Sidney Poiter" or "Morgan Freeman, cause he never goes after those type of roles, if he wanted to expand he would had found his way into small independent films to prove him self, eventually would brought the attention of some directors, but no all he picks is action and comedy.
I personally like his acting in the boiling room, he showed potential for the type of movies, but he never went back to it.
I think cause of his vanity likes the big premier openings & wouldn't take anything less then that and doing independent films would mean no big Hollywood premier.
The Rock is #1 action start for the past 5 yrs, everything action he is in it.
the rocks understand where his money is and he keeps his body in optimal condition, now that vin diesel and Marvel may be doing either Vision or Power man, they may required of him to hit the gym and bring in the muscle back. who knows.
Kurt Russel is up there in age, but the guy can act he doesn't have to be that villain you physically fight, but he could easily play the Big Boss type of villain.
The Grandmaster I don't know if you had chance to read my opinion on the movie.
Personally I haven't since the IP Man movie, but now I will be on the look out for it.
Thanks for the info on the links, I will keep it mind.
I watched The Grandmaster, it was good but in terms of fight sequences, I personally still choose "IP Man" hands down. Donnie Yen is an amazing Martial Artist and he did IP man a great service in that performance. Just stay away from part 2...it reminded me of Lethal Weapon 4 when Mel Gibson and Danny Glover kicked Jet Li's ass in the end...even together they wouldnt be able to take him. lol Thats essentially what happened in IP man 2 with an American Boxer Vs Ip man, it was disgusting to watch.

As for Vin, I think he's just type cast because of his voice and build. Some actors dont have a say in the type of career they want..atleast initially. I dont know if youve seen his short movie he made before he was a star but, he showcased that he could indeed act.

I believe he wrote and produced a show based off his life as a bouncer too...havent seen it though.
THE WB

Kennewick, WA

#65304 Oct 1, 2013
RR,

Here are a couple fight scenes from IP man. Funny but, great display.

http://youtu.be/he3Dljr60WY...
Black Mamba

Warwick, RI

#65305 Oct 1, 2013
sammy wrote:
@Dell
The nuptials will start Monday with an announcement that Drake is partnering with the Raptors as they accept the 2016 NBA All-Star Game. He’ll be drafted in as a non-official host of festivities. An actual MC, as well as a figurative one.
The hip-hop star will also launch a clothing line in conjunction with the team. Most intriguingly, he is being asked to consult on a complete redesign of the club’s image to coincide with the 20th anniversary of the franchise in the 2014/15 season.
According to sources at MLSE, everything about the team is on the table ... aside from the name. Give up your Huskies dreams. MLSE and Drake are sticking with dinosaurs.
Lol that Drake is always making moves..... Im wondering what his clothing line is going to look like especially if it's in conjunction with the team.... That's kinda sketchy because we both know that he likes his tight clothes with different loud colors..... Lol......

Damn.... The Thunder just can't seem to catch a break..... Huge blow for them early.....

OKLAHOMA CITY, October 1, 2013 – Oklahoma City Thunder guard Russell Westbrook underwent successful arthroscopic surgery on his right knee earlier today, Thunder Executive Vice President and General Manager Sam Presti announced.

“Russell has been incredible in his work and rehabilitation. He has been pain-free and has performed at a high level during practice, but has experienced recent swelling that had not subsided,” said Presti.“After careful consideration and recommendations from the medical team, we elected to do the procedure today based on our consulting physician’s belief that the swelling would be alleviated, and in turn give Russell the best chance for sustained performance throughout the season and beyond. During the procedure it was determined that the source of swelling was due to a loose stitch, and fortunately we were also able to confirm that the meniscus has healed properly.”

Westbrook is expected to miss the first 4-6 weeks of the 2013-14 regular season.
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#65306 Oct 1, 2013
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
I get your point, but I don't understand that part about don't let the media brain wash me, that I just didn't get.
Still for the last 4 to 5 season every good move by Lakers front office praises to Jim there is NO mention of Dr. Buss involvement in any of it, all Jim, bad moved and Dr. Buss name gets drag into as it was his move, to me that's clearly PR, B.S. for damage control.
The media is the one the keeps flipping from not his first time in the Rodeo to learning the ropes, right now the media is over protecting Jim and it is clearly the're trying scratch his back now so later he will throw them a bone.
My opinion is he screwed up and no excuses, stop passing the buck, to a corpse, how involved was cancer ill Dr.Buss to me is probably not much, who has been dealing with his illness since early since 2012.
I understand why his dad would take the blames on the mess ups, can't think of father in this position who wouldn't.
I put a post not long ago, where I told Dell, KB could be the second main reason next season Lakers with the biggest cap space free agency may go down the toilet, with KB the Lakers can't rebuild they can only reload and that could be deal breaker for the top free agents.
At the same time they can't afford him taking all the merchandise sales to another franchise.
Would you let go KB if LBJ says okay I'm in but KB is out, cause is my team now?
I would say thank you for everything KB, but we are going in a different direction now, any other player I wouldn't let go of KB, just for the merchandise sales alone.
But with the Heat winning titles I can't see LBJ trading down and moving to L.A.
This season I understand their limitations they put them selves in this situation from last season decisions alone and I see this season as continuation of last season crap and I'm not expecting better results then last season.
Rambis is always a good move, but I'm at this point where they can't do any worse that where they were at the end of last season when it comes to coaching.
I don't know who is expecting them pull a rabbit out their hats, I personally can't wait for this coming season to be over.
Well You and I are hearing two different things, i keep hearing jim buss bashing, anything great that happens goes to mitch not jim, I don't know what people your listening to but all I hear is jim buss bashing all day long, its not even close. Maybe that is why your more annoyed at jim than I am, very interesting how we are both hearing two very different things....As for rebuilding with KB, I agree with you, there is no rebuilding with him, there is only reloading, and if he is stubborn about him making all the money he can make then he should just be pushed out the door, I have a feeling they will get him to come back for a much lower amount, lets face it kobe is spoiled with the lakers, he has always had his money and won championships, the times have changed, and the situation is terrible right now, I agree this is a throw away season and there is nothing to be excited about, I wasn't excited last season, much less excited this season.
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#65307 Oct 1, 2013
sammy wrote:
<quoted text> Time for new ownership?
Not for me, maybe RR might say yes to that not me.
sammy

Toronto, Canada

#65308 Oct 1, 2013
THE WB wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummmm...
Nevermind.
Hey hey another lifefime there wb. No jumping to conclusions now. Ok so tonguing Toucan Sam Diana is acceptable then. Ugg
White

Fontana, CA

#65310 Oct 4, 2013
sammy wrote:
<quoted text>Hey hey another lifefime there wb. No jumping to conclusions now. Ok so tonguing Toucan Sam Diana is acceptable then. Ugg
Hey Sammy , this is White.
sorry I haven't got back to you about your Question,just been getting exited about the Lakers.
With all the negative talk going around I still think we'll kick ass , especially without Howard.
Yeah , I think I remember you now.
You were that black dude that looked like Clarence WilliamsIII!
Damn,can't remember the place we meet though.....can you give me a hint?
SAM

Ancaster, Canada

#65311 Oct 4, 2013
RR. I bet you can't wait
&fe ature=player_embedded
SAM

Ancaster, Canada

#65312 Oct 4, 2013
White wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Sammy , this is White.
sorry I haven't got back to you about your Question,just been getting exited about the Lakers.
With all the negative talk going around I still think we'll kick ass , especially without Howard.
Yeah , I think I remember you now.
You were that black dude that looked like Clarence WilliamsIII!
Damn,can't remember the place we meet though.....can you give me a hint?
You only respond to me and no other comments. Get out of here White.
Black Mamba

Chicago, IL

#65313 Oct 4, 2013
sammy wrote:
<quoted text>Hey hey another lifefime there wb. No jumping to conclusions now. Ok so tonguing Toucan Sam Diana is acceptable then. Ugg
What's up Sam..... What do you think about this?.... Im hoping and praying they make this changes......

Brian Windhorst [ARCHIVE] ESPN.com | September 29, 2013

The NBA is expected to make a major change to its traditional Finals schedule, ending the 2-3-2 format and returning to the 2-2-1-1-1 game rotation used in all other playoff rounds, multiple sources told ESPN.com .

The league's competition committee has voted to recommend the change to the league's board of directors.

The change is expected to be adopted at the next meeting in October and could be implemented for the 2014 Finals, the sources said.

The Boston Herald earlier reported the recommendation on Sunday.

The league has used the 2-3-2 format in the Finals since 1985, when long commercial travel in frequent Finals between the Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Lakers had become tedious. All teams now fly their own charters, and the travel is easier.

Proponents of the change have believed the current 2-3-2 format dulls some of the homecourt advantage to the higher seed. The Miami Heat won Games 6 and 7 at home to claim the Finals in June, but they were just the fourth team in 29 years to accomplish that feat.

Also, with the lower seed getting Game 6 on its home floor, it increases the likelihood that a series will go to seven games, which is traditionally in the business interests of the league and its television partners. The NBA Finals are televised by ABC.
Black Mamba

Chicago, IL

#65314 Oct 4, 2013
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> Not for me, maybe RR might say yes to that not me.
What's up Show..... Looks like them Mamba is trying to prepare for his come back bite lol....

LOS ANGELES (AP)--Kobe Bryant is heading to Germany to have a medical procedure unrelated to the torn Achilles tendon he sustained in April.

The Los Angeles Lakers said on Thursday that Bryant is expected to return early next week.

He went to Germany twice in 2011 for a procedure on his sore right knee and a sore left ankle that bothered him at the time.

The Los Angeles Times on Thursday cited people with knowledge of the situation as saying that Bryant was going to Germany this time. He was having a knee procedure that involves removing blood from the affected area and spinning it in a centrifuge. Molecules that cause inflammatory responses are then removed to create a serum that is injected back into the affected area.

Lakers coach Mike D'Antoni told the Times that Bryant's trip and ensuing procedure had been planned, and that the team had no concerns about it.

The 35-year-old guard has been recovering from his Achilles injury and subsequent surgery. He did some shooting at training camp on Wednesday, but hasn't been cleared for running or jumping.

The Lakers haven't provided a timetable on Bryant's return from the Achilles injury other than saying in April that he would be back in six to nine months. The overseas procedure won't affect his recovery time from the tendon injury.

The Lakers open the season on Oct. 29 against the Clippers.

Also your Dodgers are up 1-0 in their series with they Braves..... At he moment in game 2 they are tied 1-1..... Going to be a great series.....
Black Mamba

Chicago, IL

#65315 Oct 5, 2013
SAM wrote:
RR. I bet you can't wait
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Q7HOkr7kx9oXX&feature=pla yer_embedded
What do you think of this Sam..... Even though I hate the Clippers I think this is a good move and step in the right direction......

Los Angeles Clippers fans could be seeing less and less of “Lob City” this season.

Clippers forward Blake Griffin says the team will have a

totally different look under the direction of new head coach

Doc Rivers and will opt for less of the spectacular alley-oop

dunks that the team was known for throughout the past

two seasons.

“Lob City doesn’t exist anymore. Lob City is done,”

Griffin told ESPN.”We’re moving on and we’re going

to find our identity during training camp, and that will

be our new city. No more Lob City.”

Good move by Doc..... Maybe now he can teach Blake and Jordan some actual post moves and stop being soft in he paint....
sammy

Mississauga, Canada

#65316 Oct 5, 2013
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text> What do you think of this Sam..... Even though I hate the Clippers I think this is a good move and step in the right direction......
Los Angeles Clippers fans could be seeing less and less of “Lob City” this season.
Clippers forward Blake Griffin says the team will have a
totally different look under the direction of new head coach
Doc Rivers and will opt for less of the spectacular alley-oop
dunks that the team was known for throughout the past
two seasons.
“Lob City doesn’t exist anymore. Lob City is done,”
Griffin told ESPN.”We’re moving on and we’re going
to find our identity during training camp, and that will
be our new city. No more Lob City.”
Good move by Doc..... Maybe now he can teach Blake and Jordan some actual post moves and stop being soft in he paint....
Hi Dell .I watched the Training camp for the clippers. Personally I don't like it and it won't work without Lob city. That team to me is a circus of entertainment. Come on does Doc think he can change Jamaal Crawford to a text book kind of guy. No way. Its not his style. Jordan same thing and as for Griffin maybe but I think this will hurt them more than anything. The problem with that team is they don't have defenders. They are run and gun team. I see more frustration heading there way unless they make some moves. The only thing that could change the complexity is JJ Redick. He will have to be utilized and that will reduce the number of lobs. Iam getting excited for the season. NBA tv has us finally pegged to make the playoffs. We have some talent but Wish we could tank to get our boy Wiggans.
sammy

Mississauga, Canada

#65317 Oct 5, 2013
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text> What's up Sam..... What do you think about this?.... Im hoping and praying they make this changes......
Brian Windhorst [ARCHIVE] ESPN.com | September 29, 2013
The NBA is expected to make a major change to its traditional Finals schedule, ending the 2-3-2 format and returning to the 2-2-1-1-1 game rotation used in all other playoff rounds, multiple sources told ESPN.com .
The league's competition committee has voted to recommend the change to the league's board of directors.
The change is expected to be adopted at the next meeting in October and could be implemented for the 2014 Finals, the sources said.
The Boston Herald earlier reported the recommendation on Sunday.
The league has used the 2-3-2 format in the Finals since 1985, when long commercial travel in frequent Finals between the Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Lakers had become tedious. All teams now fly their own charters, and the travel is easier.
Proponents of the change have believed the current 2-3-2 format dulls some of the homecourt advantage to the higher seed. The Miami Heat won Games 6 and 7 at home to claim the Finals in June, but they were just the fourth team in 29 years to accomplish that feat.
Also, with the lower seed getting Game 6 on its home floor, it increases the likelihood that a series will go to seven games, which is traditionally in the business interests of the league and its television partners. The NBA Finals are televised by ABC.
I say switch , I never liked the 232 format.
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#65318 Oct 5, 2013
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text> What's up Show..... Looks like them Mamba is trying to prepare for his come back bite lol....
LOS ANGELES (AP)--Kobe Bryant is heading to Germany to have a medical procedure unrelated to the torn Achilles tendon he sustained in April.
The Los Angeles Lakers said on Thursday that Bryant is expected to return early next week.
He went to Germany twice in 2011 for a procedure on his sore right knee and a sore left ankle that bothered him at the time.
The Los Angeles Times on Thursday cited people with knowledge of the situation as saying that Bryant was going to Germany this time. He was having a knee procedure that involves removing blood from the affected area and spinning it in a centrifuge. Molecules that cause inflammatory responses are then removed to create a serum that is injected back into the affected area.
Lakers coach Mike D'Antoni told the Times that Bryant's trip and ensuing procedure had been planned, and that the team had no concerns about it.
The 35-year-old guard has been recovering from his Achilles injury and subsequent surgery. He did some shooting at training camp on Wednesday, but hasn't been cleared for running or jumping.
The Lakers haven't provided a timetable on Bryant's return from the Achilles injury other than saying in April that he would be back in six to nine months. The overseas procedure won't affect his recovery time from the tendon injury.
The Lakers open the season on Oct. 29 against the Clippers.
Also your Dodgers are up 1-0 in their series with they Braves..... At he moment in game 2 they are tied 1-1..... Going to be a great series.....
What are you doing in san fran?
sam

Pickering, Canada

#65319 Oct 5, 2013
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> What are you doing in san fran?
Last week dude was in Chicago. Hey good game so far. Jordan hill and youung look good. Caveman looks like crap

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#65320 Oct 5, 2013
SAM wrote:
RR. I bet you can't wait
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Q7HOkr7kx9oXX&feature=pla yer_embedded
Ha ha ha I won't even notices if it happens...lol

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#65321 Oct 5, 2013
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> Well You and I are hearing two different things, i keep hearing jim buss bashing, anything great that happens goes to mitch not jim, I don't know what people your listening to but all I hear is jim buss bashing all day long, its not even close. Maybe that is why your more annoyed at jim than I am, very interesting how we are both hearing two very different things....As for rebuilding with KB, I agree with you, there is no rebuilding with him, there is only reloading, and if he is stubborn about him making all the money he can make then he should just be pushed out the door, I have a feeling they will get him to come back for a much lower amount, lets face it kobe is spoiled with the lakers, he has always had his money and won championships, the times have changed, and the situation is terrible right now, I agree this is a throw away season and there is nothing to be excited about, I wasn't excited last season, much less excited this season.
Lakers home radio station, they just keep bring in the excuses when he does bad and flipping back when does well.
they are starting to look like a joke as a sport radio station, he did bad let it be, it happened move on, man up stop passing the coin to a corpse.

Is not like I'm annoyed at him, but the lack of taking responsibility that bugs me a bit.
Now him and the organization has to live with his mess up for this coming season, like I said before he has the rest of his life to make up for the screw up, no one will ever fire him.

Let's see what happens between now and the trade dead line, I expect no changes, but rumors will come and go as always.
sam

Pickering, Canada

#65322 Oct 5, 2013
Lol Gadzuric on lakers? Wow he like what 90 now? Thought he retired.
sam

Pickering, Canada

#65323 Oct 5, 2013
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha ha ha I won't even notices if it happens...lol
oh come on.No one can miss the wagging tongue and now fat belly.lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NBA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Carmelo Anthony says he wouldn't trade gold med... Aug 22 K-DJ 1
News Drake has the best guests in the business, upst... Aug 20 K-DJ 1
News Is Kobe Bryant better than Michael Jordan? (Apr '07) Aug 3 Nibbio 12,079
News Lakers: Should LA Pursue Dwight Howard in Free ... Aug 1 Sam 4
News Damian lillard...NBA MVP? Jul 30 Swift 1
News Mitch Kupchak says the Lakers need help everywh... Jul '16 toploij 2
News Breaks fall Cavs' way (Apr '07) Jul '16 Browns Fan 33
More from around the web