lakers fans
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#64348 Jul 3, 2013
sammy wrote:
<quoted text> Iam curious Show. Do you think if Paul had come to the Lakers and D'antoni there. Would the Lakers be any different.
It would have been better, We will never know for sure, but in my opinion hes way better than Nash no contest, Steve is past his prime, and hes not playing like steve nash with these guys, paul is a great clutch player as well, great passer, and hes fast. The reason it didn't work with steve nash dishing it out, was because the offense was too slow for him, as I always said nash is a system player, he had to adjust and turn into a shooting guard, something I haven't seen him do since his rookie year.
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#64349 Jul 3, 2013
When you look back, its no mystery that the lakers season didn't work, they were a half court team that played too quickly. 2 stubborn coaches sticking to their offense, mismatching players, every time they made some adjustment it was the wrong system for someone. DH crappy year for him, D'antoni in a effort to keep his job at all costs over played everyone to the point of breaking kobe something no coach has ever done, over played old nash, lakers had no gas left to finish anything cause of that stupid 8 man rotation. As for DH yes best center in the NBA but he thinks hes better than he is, I am sick of hearing about him and where he wants to go, sadly we do need him if we even want to talk playoff run, anyone who thinks your better off without howard, forget championships in the near future, same with idiots who think we are better without kobe. If howard doesn't sign it will be a waiting/rebuilding type of year for the FA market to begin.
Black Mamba

United States

#64350 Jul 4, 2013
Happy 4th Of July to all the NBA fans and your families...... Don't eat to much lol and God Bless Us All......... Go Lakers!!!!!!

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#64351 Jul 4, 2013
Black Mamba wrote:
Happy 4th Of July to all the NBA fans and your families...... Don't eat to much lol and God Bless Us All......... Go Lakers!!!!!!
Happy 4th of July to you too buddy and to rest of the U.S. gang.
Dwhite12 LA Slowtime

Winter Garden, FL

#64352 Jul 4, 2013
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah the free state tax, can get Howard more money for going to Houston but his Agent is not gonna make more money from that deal, the only way his Agent gets more $$$ too, is from the Laker's deal, so I expect the agent to talk Howard out of going to Houston or Dallas....lol
You know what at the end, I don't really care if he can handle the pressure, I just want him on-board by the time Lakers contracts are up, we need him to keep the Lakers value up for free agency.
It's is always better to have one star in your team that having to look for all the pieces in free agency.
Trying to coordinate various free agent players coming to L.A. is a lot harder then having one already and using him as being the hook that brings the other ones in.
After that he could be trade for some one that can handle the pressure.
I read last night that with californias state tax, even if he signs the 111 mil dollar deal, he'll only gross 58 million :O HOW WILL HE SURVIVE?
Dwhitemare Returns

Winter Garden, FL

#64353 Jul 4, 2013
happy 4th everyone, hope you're all doin good

“Timshel”

Since: Jan 12

Tulsa, OK

#64354 Jul 4, 2013
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but I have to disagree with you on this one.
Lakers lore and this L.A. just won't cut it, cause if it did this situation would be happening.
if DH decides to leave for another team, only prove my point more.
If DH does sign with the Lakers in a way proves yours to be valid.
I haven't see any players wishing to be Lakers recently, if anything the last few bounced out of L.A.
I think the Lakers name lore and playing in the glamour of the city of L.A. has been exaggerated it a bit.
Do you remember when the Lakers lost Magic Johnson?, Lakers couldn't get any one to leave their team to come play for them and they tried.
It wasn't until they finally got Shaq and West pulled off the trade to get Kobe and Lakers were rolling, but between that Lakers couldn't get free agents to come over.
Howard personality make come across like he doesn't take responsibility, but this last season was a Front office mess by getting D'antoni and the front office not wanting to recognize their mess up or done something about it.
This is a business first, Howard is a name you can sell around to free agents.
If DH leaves, it has nothing to do with Laker lore or lack thereof. DH has no loyalty and is self centered and Laker nation has spoken and most of us don't want him back and he knows this according to reports. Against the Spurs, the guy flat out quit and let 2nd and 3rd string Spurs players get inside his head and dictate his game. C'mon, that's not Laker quality I'm sorry.

Every team goes through lean times especially at the ends of eras like Bird's and Magic's and Jordan's especially if you're not drafting correctly. I get what you're saying about DH being in LA is better than not for attraction but his salary is too much for what he provides in all facets IMO. Too much baggage for that price.

I agree Lakers front office messed up bad by firing Brown and hiring MD but DH did nothing to alleviate what he could control and in fact made things worse by giving attitude to the team's captain almost right off the bat.

DH as the focal point couldn't get it done in Orlando with a team chalked full of sharp shooters while he was arguably in the best shape of his life mentally, spiritually and physically and I just don't see LA winning a title with him as our centerpiece in the overall shape he's in now. He's not what he was and even then, he wasn't good enough to win one.

“Timshel”

Tulsa, OK

#64355 Jul 4, 2013
Showtime wrote:
When you look back, its no mystery that the lakers season didn't work, they were a half court team that played too quickly. 2 stubborn coaches sticking to their offense, mismatching players, every time they made some adjustment it was the wrong system for someone. DH crappy year for him, D'antoni in a effort to keep his job at all costs over played everyone to the point of breaking kobe something no coach has ever done, over played old nash, lakers had no gas left to finish anything cause of that stupid 8 man rotation. As for DH yes best center in the NBA but he thinks hes better than he is, I am sick of hearing about him and where he wants to go, sadly we do need him if we even want to talk playoff run, anyone who thinks your better off without howard, forget championships in the near future, same with idiots who think we are better without kobe. If howard doesn't sign it will be a waiting/rebuilding type of year for the FA market to begin.
True Show but IMO DH is only the best center in the NBA by default, because as I said months ago the age of the dominant "big man" is passing into the athletic F/C hybrids like Deandre Jordan and JaVale McGee but none of them are dominant like true centers of the past.

Me personally, I'd rather let DH leave and forgo a chance at a title next year (even though I doubt LA will make it past the first round if they did make the playoffs with DH) and concentrate on 2014. I know it's not the way we all want to see Kobe go out and call me sentimental but I'd rather see Odom and Vujacic and Farmar etc. come back to LA and give it a last go with our former championship squad than to go through more BS and drama with DH. Plus we'd have tons of money to spend in 2014-2015 anyway and we all know money talks the loudest.

“Timshel”

Tulsa, OK

#64356 Jul 4, 2013
sammy wrote:
<quoted text> I Agree all the way with you. Let's not kid ourselves. DH doesn't fit in period. He looks horrible and truly inconsistent. He is no where near what he was in Lando. In fact he should have stayed. I say that the Lakers are better off without him.
Yea, I think most people are caught up in what DH could and should be despite him never living up to his potential unless he's already peaked therefor again, he's just not Laker quality.

If Bynum could've stayed healthy he'd surpass DH easily and be without a doubt the NBA's best center even with his own mental issues.
Dwhitemare Returns

Winter Garden, FL

#64357 Jul 4, 2013
Earl Clark has agreed to a two-year,$9 million deal with the Cavaliers.

The Cavs were one of the first to show their interest in Clark during this free agency period. Clark gets a nice raise from his $1.2 million from last season and he earned it as one of the pleasant surprises in the league last year. He has a little bit of everything to his game and the Cavs could choose to use him at small forward. He'll be worth watching as a sleeper pick, depending on how Cleveland will use top pick Anthony Bennett. Jul 4 - 3:05 PM
Sammy

Toronto, Canada

#64358 Jul 4, 2013
Dwhitemare Returns wrote:
The Cavs were one of the first to show their interest in Clark during this free agency period. Clark gets a nice raise from his $1.2 million from last season and he earned it as one of the pleasant surprises in the league last year. He has a little bit of everything to his game and the Cavs could choose to use him at small forward. He'll be worth watching as a sleeper pick, depending on how Cleveland will use top pick Anthony Bennett. Jul 4 - 3:05 PM
Who the heck is Earl Clark? Thats as bad as our signing today of Jaysin Stone. Where do they find these guys? and why?
Sammy

Toronto, Canada

#64359 Jul 4, 2013
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
Well sammy so far it only proves he doesn't fit D'antoni system and for that matter neither did Pao.
What about if different system is brought in?
Let's say D'antoni gets fired (fingers cross) and Phil gets offer the job back and Howard resigned with the Lakers.
Do you still believe he wouldn't fit Phil Jackson system?,there is no system the Lakers could get that would fit him?
I don't know RR..All I know is he looked like crap this season. The Yellow uni doesn't look good on him either.
Dwhitemare Returns

Winter Garden, FL

#64360 Jul 4, 2013
oh and i'm back guys

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

#64361 Jul 4, 2013
_Jusayin_ wrote:
<quoted text>
If DH leaves, it has nothing to do with Laker lore or lack thereof. DH has no loyalty and is self centered and Laker nation has spoken and most of us don't want him back and he knows this according to reports. Against the Spurs, the guy flat out quit and let 2nd and 3rd string Spurs players get inside his head and dictate his game. C'mon, that's not Laker quality I'm sorry.
Every team goes through lean times especially at the ends of eras like Bird's and Magic's and Jordan's especially if you're not drafting correctly. I get what you're saying about DH being in LA is better than not for attraction but his salary is too much for what he provides in all facets IMO. Too much baggage for that price.
I agree Lakers front office messed up bad by firing Brown and hiring MD but DH did nothing to alleviate what he could control and in fact made things worse by giving attitude to the team's captain almost right off the bat.
DH as the focal point couldn't get it done in Orlando with a team chalked full of sharp shooters while he was arguably in the best shape of his life mentally, spiritually and physically and I just don't see LA winning a title with him as our centerpiece in the overall shape he's in now. He's not what he was and even then, he wasn't good enough to win one.
We are in an era where most big athletes are self center, why is this a shock?
Really, LAKERS HAS NATION SPOKEN?, just in here no one beside you wants him out, if I'm reading everyone correctly and like with everything there is a lot people on the radio bitching and crying about everything.
Remember when KB asked to be traded?, Lakers Nation pretty much turned on him and yet here he is a everyone cheers for him.

Lakers vs S.A. weren't going any where with that system, I understand him quitting in your eyes didn't make things better, but look at from his point of view, you team is wounded and your coach goes away from using you, the whole season was a big poop!
Some would argue that KB has quit on his team in past playoffs runs too was that Lakers' quality then?

Yes agree every team goes through lean times, but if you have shot at avoiding it wouldn't you? Back when the Lakers lost Magic they drafted right in fact the Lakers got 3 all stars from those drafts and yet no big free agent wanted to come to L.A.
I understand what you are saying about DH too much baggage, about him being self center, not Lakers' quality, but really think about is nothing we the fans and the organization hasn't deal with it before.
SHAQ,KB,Bynum,RODMAN,Artest,Do ug Christy,Glen Rice's wife, Campbell, just to name a few.
If something L.A. can do is handle crap like that and like showtime mentioned, big franchise's GMs have their respective team on top by taking risk.

DH in Orlando and still now has not mature enough, so I wouldn't say that was or is in his best shape mentally, it is a process, you got to role with that.
Plus he had to play against KB and Pau who were coached by the best in the world at that time, not an easy task.

When Shaq got here no one saw him winning a title here either, all the crap they talk about him not getting done in Orlando, mostly when he struggled for four season after getting here, then Shaq mature enough and the Lakers got the right coach and BOOM! 3peat

I know DH is no Shaq, but he is the best out there right now and gotta go with that.
If Howard doesn't workout fine at least I would like to have the opportunity to trade him and get something in return, not just let him walk away and get nothing.
Lakers getting Howard for Bynum was a million $$ move, I don't want for it to have a 5 cent finish.

Like I said, this is business first and front the side makes even more sense for the LAKERS to keep him.

Sammy

Toronto, Canada

#64362 Jul 4, 2013
oh and i'm back guys
Where did you go? BTW your buddy Bargs has been tossed out of here along with th 2 bit guy who drafted him.
Sammy

Toronto, Canada

#64363 Jul 4, 2013
Great White come back when all the scum left from the playoffs...lol

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

#64364 Jul 4, 2013
Sammy wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know RR..All I know is he looked like crap this season. The Yellow uni doesn't look good on him either.
Yeah, but he wasn't at %100,'cause of his surgery and to be hones the WHOLE TEAM LOOKED like crap this past season.

I think he looked good in yellow, in purple and Sunday whites...lol

I still think the problem is coaching and their system not him.

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

#64365 Jul 4, 2013
Sammy wrote:
<quoted text>Who the heck is Earl Clark? Thats as bad as our signing today of Jaysin Stone. Where do they find these guys? and why?
If I'm correct Earl Clark was with the Lakers last season, that was the guy they benched Pao for, good addition, I wished the Lakers kept him, but there is only so many players they can carry in roster.

But watching talk and then you will start getting the idea of a reality show where Ear Clark, Ron Artest and Rodman share apartment....lol

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

#64366 Jul 4, 2013
At SF is exactly where I though he should had played last season.

He reminded me of Robert Horry with his buddy length and style of game.

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

#64367 Jul 4, 2013
oh and i'm back guys
WELCOME BACK!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NBA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Kanye West released an explicit and bizarre new... Tue Goku Black 15
News Trump stirs controversy with tweet about fatal ... Aug 29 grounded in reali... 1
News Dwyane Wade's cousin shot dead while pushing he... Aug 29 grounded in reali... 1
News Carmelo Anthony says he wouldn't trade gold med... Aug 22 K-DJ 1
News Drake has the best guests in the business, upst... Aug 20 K-DJ 1
News Is Kobe Bryant better than Michael Jordan? (Apr '07) Aug 3 Nibbio 12,079
News Lakers: Should LA Pursue Dwight Howard in Free ... Aug 1 Sam 4
More from around the web