lakers fans
Justin

Waterloo, IA

#64201 Jun 20, 2013
_Jusayin_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You can read every book and watch every video that's ever been made on what it's like to live in Italy and yes, you'll get some idea but you'll only truly know what it's like to live there once you do. Nothing can replace actually being there and living it.
Same applies with this MJ conversation. When you lived and watched MJ do the things he did for over a decade win or lose game after game after game in one nerve shattering moment after the next, you just can't gain that type of perspective by watching videos and reading books. MJ created a new movement, a new culture and a new era in the NBA and the phrase "you just had to be there" says it all in this case.
You know you're THE GOAT by how you're talked about when you leave the sport. By far MJ is believed to be the best ever because if you had the privileged to witness his Airness when it was happening you'd be a believer too.
Remember, MJ just isn't considered the GOAT in the NBA, his greatness has transcended into ALL SPORTS and he is considered the greatest period of any sport at any time. There really is a reason for that Highlight.
Thats a damn lie.Jordan hasn't transformed shit.The only thing he transformed is how ridiculiously expensive his shoe prices are.The guy is not the most intelligent basketball player because he sucks at management.The same guy who drafted Kwame Brown and Adam Morriaon.The same guy who booted Larry Brown from the Bobcats coaching job.The same idiot who spends 200 million dollars marrying women he can already have sex with.Noy very intlligent but MJ was just like any other average guy who was passionate about something.Stop looping everything with MJ you retards.The game changed as the media got bigger and as new ideas were invented.Like Ipod,Cell Phones,Facebook amf etc.MJ didn't change anything thats why you say nonsensical BS.None of my international friends give a shit about MJ.Basketball is not as popular as Euro football and many haven't heard MJ.
sammy

Toronto, Canada

#64202 Jun 20, 2013
The Water Boy wrote:
Wow...I just made it back from travel for the final 2 qtrs...The Spurs blew it, Heat came to ball. Nothing really to be said there. I love Pop but, that loyalty crap he talked about should have been gone out of the window. Ginobili was effing up all series. Guy cant even hang on to a ball! Tony Parker was effectively shut down and Green was horrendous, 1-12 from the field. Great game by Queen Jamie, she played stellarly and Battier was off the charts from downtown.(2 natl championships and now 2 NBA titles for him) Spurs were dominated all around but, they gave a younger, "super team" a helluva' run.
As much as I cant stand the Heat NOW, they are, the BACK 2 BACK Champs.
Ready for some football now...:)
Now Iam subjected to Stanley Cup. Yuck. Maybe I should take on some baseball. Jays last time I checked are on a 9 game winning streak. Oh well yea not the outcome I wanted being a Spurs follower. Heat did well but not an easy time for them. Iam sure next year will be tougher
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#64203 Jun 20, 2013
The Water Boy wrote:
Wow...I just made it back from travel for the final 2 qtrs...The Spurs blew it, Heat came to ball. Nothing really to be said there. I love Pop but, that loyalty crap he talked about should have been gone out of the window. Ginobili was effing up all series. Guy cant even hang on to a ball! Tony Parker was effectively shut down and Green was horrendous, 1-12 from the field. Great game by Queen Jamie, she played stellarly and Battier was off the charts from downtown.(2 natl championships and now 2 NBA titles for him) Spurs were dominated all around but, they gave a younger, "super team" a helluva' run.
As much as I cant stand the Heat NOW, they are, the BACK 2 BACK Champs.
Ready for some football now...:)
With this I just picture the bearded guy with the guitar singing "are you ready for some football!!!"
thehumanhighligh treel

North Kingstown, RI

#64204 Jun 20, 2013
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text>Whatever ray allen is always a celtic in your heart,thats why your on his side LOL jk....Yeah well I respect your opinion, but I do feel the spurs let that one go, and they may pay for it dearly tonight. I will say from the beginning of the season I always thought this was the heats championship to lose...BTW hi if I may ask, why are you rooting for the heat? I thought you didn't like them, I recall you and I talking about taking the heat out , that the celtics or lakers hopefully keep them from winning, why the change?
Maybe... LOL

Certainly the Spurs let one go. It happens to everyone, the Heat had a great chance to win Game 1 and they let that one go. The Finals and Playoffs will have games like that. The spurs certainly did pay for it tonight. Had some great chances and missed, the Heat capitalized. And LeBron was clutch and excellent like he's been the two games before this. If that jumper keeps improving at this rate and Wade gets healthy; they could be even tougher to beat next season. They'll need to acquire some new role-players though, a bunch of these players are getting old.

You're right show, I got caught up in the Heat hate, admittedly. I still want the Celtics to keep them from winning titles. But when we are out of the playoffs, I enjoy LeBron James style of play and I like LeBron James a lot. I've been a fan of his for a while. If there is someone I hate on the Heat, it is Dwyane Wade. I swear when ever he falls down onto the ground he ends up 20 feet away from the spot he originally landed. They should take measuring tape and make it an official statistic of Wade's starting flop position and his ending flop position.

I'd say I just got tired of hearing about how LeBron James is not clutch although the stats disprove it. The amount of criticism he gets is so phenomenally large it really pissed me off that people don't sit back and appreciate this player even if you do dislike him. Discrediting a great player without reason will always get on my nerves. So, seeing LeBron get the wins shuts up stupid TV critics.

Don't get me wrong... I want the Celtics to win every year and see all the Lakers fans squirm LOL.
thehumanhighligh treel

North Kingstown, RI

#64205 Jun 20, 2013
Justin wrote:
<quoted text>Thats a damn lie.Jordan hasn't transformed shit.The only thing he transformed is how ridiculiously expensive his shoe prices are.The guy is not the most intelligent basketball player because he sucks at management.The same guy who drafted Kwame Brown and Adam Morriaon.The same guy who booted Larry Brown from the Bobcats coaching job.The same idiot who spends 200 million dollars marrying women he can already have sex with.Noy very intlligent but MJ was just like any other average guy who was passionate about something.Stop looping everything with MJ you retards.The game changed as the media got bigger and as new ideas were invented.Like Ipod,Cell Phones,Facebook amf etc.MJ didn't change anything thats why you say nonsensical BS.None of my international friends give a shit about MJ.Basketball is not as popular as Euro football and many haven't heard MJ.
How about you back off a little. If you can't have a conversation or debate without insulting people then don't say anything.

Michael Jordan did change things. Just like Wilt and Bill and Dr. J and Magic and Bird changed things before him.

Also MJ is a big world-wide name. So are a lot of people. Basketball is the 2nd most popular sport in the world I believe. Your international friends are a very small sample size so it's difficult to say that's what the entirety of Europe and Asia and other international countries would feel.

Relax over there.
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#64206 Jun 20, 2013
thehumanhighlightreel wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe... LOL
Certainly the Spurs let one go. It happens to everyone, the Heat had a great chance to win Game 1 and they let that one go. The Finals and Playoffs will have games like that. The spurs certainly did pay for it tonight. Had some great chances and missed, the Heat capitalized. And LeBron was clutch and excellent like he's been the two games before this. If that jumper keeps improving at this rate and Wade gets healthy; they could be even tougher to beat next season. They'll need to acquire some new role-players though, a bunch of these players are getting old.
You're right show, I got caught up in the Heat hate, admittedly. I still want the Celtics to keep them from winning titles. But when we are out of the playoffs, I enjoy LeBron James style of play and I like LeBron James a lot. I've been a fan of his for a while. If there is someone I hate on the Heat, it is Dwyane Wade. I swear when ever he falls down onto the ground he ends up 20 feet away from the spot he originally landed. They should take measuring tape and make it an official statistic of Wade's starting flop position and his ending flop position.
I'd say I just got tired of hearing about how LeBron James is not clutch although the stats disprove it. The amount of criticism he gets is so phenomenally large it really pissed me off that people don't sit back and appreciate this player even if you do dislike him. Discrediting a great player without reason will always get on my nerves. So, seeing LeBron get the wins shuts up stupid TV critics.
Don't get me wrong... I want the Celtics to win every year and see all the Lakers fans squirm LOL.
Dwayne wades spot light has dried up like a prune, hes now the new scottie pippen, if he had any hopes of being mentioned as one of the top 5 greatest ever he crushed them, so I don't even worry about wade, and I agree I don't like wade either, hes rubbed me the wrong way for a long time, I feel hes fake, I feel hes just as much to blame for all the crap they blamed lebron for.
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#64207 Jun 20, 2013
<quoted text>
Maybe... LOL
I agree that the amount of crap lebron got is not justified, neither was the crap Dwight got, the media over blows everything and makes it out to be like these guys murdered or raped someone, when the media does not have much fo feast on they will keep beating the drum on old wounds. Another reason why people love Jordan, the media never crapped all over him, he came out unscratched until he retired things started popping out about him but it was too late by then, people had a clean MJ in their hearts. I will say this, Kobe and Lebron get a lot of hate but they will be missed when they are gone, its not a given that we are gonna keep seeing great talent like them coming out.
thehumanhighligh treel

North Kingstown, RI

#64208 Jun 20, 2013
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> Dwayne wades spot light has dried up like a prune, hes now the new scottie pippen, if he had any hopes of being mentioned as one of the top 5 greatest ever he crushed them, so I don't even worry about wade, and I agree I don't like wade either, hes rubbed me the wrong way for a long time, I feel hes fake, I feel hes just as much to blame for all the crap they blamed lebron for.
I don't know if he ever would've made it into top 5. He's still a damn good player, but he's definitely more of a Scottie Pippen. Wade does seem fake at times, it's tough to put a finger on it but there is just something about him I don't like. I wish this wasn't the case because he has a unique skill set for a shooting guard at his size. Otherwise, do not like him and he gets away with a lot of dirty fouls. Plus, they do let him get away with bad performances and don't highlight it like they do with Bron.
thehumanhighligh treel

North Kingstown, RI

#64209 Jun 21, 2013
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> I agree that the amount of crap lebron got is not justified, neither was the crap Dwight got, the media over blows everything and makes it out to be like these guys murdered or raped someone, when the media does not have much fo feast on they will keep beating the drum on old wounds. Another reason why people love Jordan, the media never crapped all over him, he came out unscratched until he retired things started popping out about him but it was too late by then, people had a clean MJ in their hearts. I will say this, Kobe and Lebron get a lot of hate but they will be missed when they are gone, its not a given that we are gonna keep seeing great talent like them coming out.
Yesss, that's what I'm saying. Dwight got too much criticism too. He tends to talk a bit too much and put himself out there too much but most of what he has said and done does not warrant the amount of criticism he gets. I would still take Dwight on my team in a heartbeat, anyone who says otherwise fails to recognize the great things he brings to the floor.

For sure, there are things about MJ's character that are shady. Reading the Jordan Rules reveals a lot of interesting things and that's not the only thing of course. Dwight and LeBron haven't been involved with anything seriously bad but they get hated like they did, you're absolutely right. I'm just appreciating what is left of Kobe's career and other great players like Duncan, etc.

I'm sure the future stars will be great. Watch out for Aaron Gordon, Julius Randle, Jabari Parker, and Andrew Wiggins. These guys are gonna be real real good I hope. Might be one of the best drafts ever next year.
Justin

Waterloo, IA

#64210 Jun 21, 2013
<quoted text>
How about you back off a little. If you can't have a conversation or debate without insulting people then don't say anything.
Michael Jordan did change things. Just like Wilt and Bill and Dr. J and Magic and Bird changed things before him.
Also MJ is a big world-wide name. So are a lot of people. Basketball is the 2nd most popular sport in the world I believe. Your international friends are a very small sample size so it's difficult to say that's what the entirety of Europe and Asia and other international countries would feel.
Relax over there.
MJ is far from a worldwide name and basketball is noway close the 2nd most popular sport international wise.Most countries like Germany,Sweden,Norway,Denmark and other countries more smarter than China politIcally don't give a 2cent about MJ.Muslims countries like Indonesia,Egypt,Pakistan etc same vote.The only country is maybe China because they actually invest alot in America business here.Countries like Thailand,Japan,Korea have way bigger issues than to care about a dude in daisy dukes.The only country that slighltly cares about MJ is all located in North America.Unless your going to tell me South America values basketball with all the fifa wars at their stadiums.Truth is the biggest delusion is that MJ changed anything.
Justin

Waterloo, IA

#64211 Jun 21, 2013
Hahahahaha Laker fans goodluck this offseason.Lebron has already lead his team to 2 chips and thats all Kobe has lead his team to his entire career.A dominating finals 4th quarter another thing Kobe hasn't done.The saddest part about it is his 4MVP's to Kobe sad 1.Hahaha thats all Kobe got for 17 seasons lol.Lebron like I said is GOAT compared to Kobe and no argument can be possibly made to favor Kobe.Its done and any ignorant fool like Mamba can continue his rants on here but anywhere esle it will not be accepted.That discussion is over ladies and gentlemen.
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#64212 Jun 21, 2013
<quoted text>
I don't know if he ever would've made it into top 5. He's still a damn good player, but he's definitely more of a Scottie Pippen. Wade does seem fake at times, it's tough to put a finger on it but there is just something about him I don't like. I wish this wasn't the case because he has a unique skill set for a shooting guard at his size. Otherwise, do not like him and he gets away with a lot of dirty fouls. Plus, they do let him get away with bad performances and don't highlight it like they do with Bron.
Wade takes his little shots through the media every now and then, He isn't obvious about much but you do get this vibe that hes unlikable, then of course he teamed up with lebron and it made it worse, you did see it more. He made fun of nowitzki, he was part of that stupid fashion show or whatever they held when lebron signed lol, so yeah he does things that are a bit annoying.
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#64213 Jun 21, 2013
<quoted text>
Yesss, that's what I'm saying. Dwight got too much criticism too. He tends to talk a bit too much and put himself out there too much but most of what he has said and done does not warrant the amount of criticism he gets. I would still take Dwight on my team in a heartbeat, anyone who says otherwise fails to recognize the great things he brings to the floor.
For sure, there are things about MJ's character that are shady. Reading the Jordan Rules reveals a lot of interesting things and that's not the only thing of course. Dwight and LeBron haven't been involved with anything seriously bad but they get hated like they did, you're absolutely right. I'm just appreciating what is left of Kobe's career and other great players like Duncan, etc.
I'm sure the future stars will be great. Watch out for Aaron Gordon, Julius Randle, Jabari Parker, and Andrew Wiggins. These guys are gonna be real real good I hope. Might be one of the best drafts ever next year.
Yeah good point. With these guys are you talking about immature stupid behavior, that does not warrant the kind of criticism they get from the media, Fans like us can hate them all we want we are fans lol.
sammy

Pickering, Canada

#64214 Jun 21, 2013
Justin ball is over now go back to bed until late November
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#64215 Jun 21, 2013
sammy wrote:
He can dream of his cawks.
Black Mamba

United States

#64216 Jun 21, 2013
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> Wade takes his little shots through the media every now and then, He isn't obvious about much but you do get this vibe that hes unlikable, then of course he teamed up with lebron and it made it worse, you did see it more. He made fun of nowitzki, he was part of that stupid fashion show or whatever they held when lebron signed lol, so yeah he does things that are a bit annoying.
Lol I see what you are saying about Wade...... For years I say this guy play his heart and soul out for a franchise and fans who didn't give a crap about him....... I respect him for that...... I also noticed the change also when Jester and Bosha came down....... Lol I also remember you saying a while ago that there was something about him that you didn't like..... He maybe be a douche bag and a bad tipper also lol........
Black Mamba

United States

#64217 Jun 21, 2013
sammy wrote:
Hopefully he will stay away the more we ignore him and his constant rubbish.....

Season is over and that means no more picks :-[...... The boat is sailing as we speak and Pop had to stop the boat because McGee, Psycho T and Splitter were fighting about.who had the most bait lol.....
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#64218 Jun 21, 2013
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text> Lol I see what you are saying about Wade...... For years I say this guy play his heart and soul out for a franchise and fans who didn't give a crap about him....... I respect him for that...... I also noticed the change also when Jester and Bosha came down....... Lol I also remember you saying a while ago that there was something about him that you didn't like..... He maybe be a douche bag and a bad tipper also lol........
Yeah never liked the guy, I think he showed his true self when lebron got there.
sammy

Toronto, Canada

#64219 Jun 21, 2013
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text> Hopefully he will stay away the more we ignore him and his constant rubbish.....
Season is over and that means no more picks :-[...... The boat is sailing as we speak and Pop had to stop the boat because McGee, Psycho T and Splitter were fighting about.who had the most bait lol.....
I was thinking the same thing. No more zany pics
sammy

Toronto, Canada

#64220 Jun 21, 2013
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text>He can dream of his cawks.
hahahaha

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NBA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NBA Going The Way Of The NFL, Not Worth Watching 4 hr What a waste 1
Use NBA Sticker, Win NBA Prizes! All Free!!! Thu toolwizphotos 1
How to jump higher May 24 John Kovras 1
News Warriors' Draymond Green Not Suspended After St... May 23 White guy 1
News Vogel ready to help Magic take next step May 23 iosuser 1
News Lakers: Should LA Pursue Dwight Howard in Free ... May 22 Sam 3
NBA draft Lottery Con Job May 17 A Better Way 4
More from around the web