Akron, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> I know we all dislike lebron in here, and you probably hate the heat and lebron more than anyone else in here lol.....but we cant be too hypocritical, kobe cries way too much on every call, I dont think kobe gets the calls, but he does complain about calls that he shouldn't complain about, I am just trying to be real.
Show ... I'm getting ready to bounce for a while.(My busy time of season is coming up).

I am glad that you brought this up, because I was almost ready to give up on my Laker Fans' buds. The "whining" isn't just about OUR guys ... but ALL the big cheese does it.(YES JUSTIN all of them do it!)

Nice that you are still "real." Stay that way.
Black Mamba

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
Rockets to me were the most talented team from 1 to 14 in the 90's, the only team that I could say had multi dimension players that you could use in multiple positions and the only team that had great shooters and a dominant center at the same time.
Shame it took them so long to get the right mix of young and veteran together, unfortunately their veterans only had 2 yrs windows left in their tanks.
But they made the best out it for sure.
Yeah that Houston team was just that damn good on both sides of the ball. Vernon Maxwell was a very underrated players that looked like he was a psycho lol. I swear he was one of the most intimidating players I have every seen in my life. They had the shooters to go along with one of the best inside games of all time. I still don't acknowledge Kenny Smith because he is really.annoying and has been living off that one shot lol.

That was another reason why I said that Knicks team was great because they should have beaten the Rockets in the finals. Sure that Rocket team was stacked, but Knicks had them. Sure Starks saved them in game 6, but why did he have to keep shooting all those 3s? Brick after brick after Brockton could have build the statue of liberty all over again lol.

Since: Apr 08

Akron, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Sam wrote:
Sorry B regarding Ohio State. I look forward to Orange men continuing.
Hey Sammy, Orange Men do rule! Will watch for them in the Playoffs/Finals. I felt bad for that Louisville kid, I mean 2 bones in 1 leg broken is some serious pain!

I will catch up with you, like I always have!
Black Mamba

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Sam wrote:
<quoted text> All great points. Yes the Heat are that good, I guess I never really liked them too much.
What's up Sam. I couldn't get to my picks tonight because I go in late. Playoffs are right around the corner and it will be time for some teams to go fishing and bowling lol.

Since: Apr 08

Akron, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Mamba, try to stay out of trouble for a while, ok? I told Topix, if "Mamba needs me, shine the sign into the sky, and I will come." lol

I will be back, but this is crunch time in my biz.

LUV you guys .......
Sam

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text> I understand what you areare saying, but look at the landscape of the NBA compared to back then. How many good teams we have in the NBA that can actually win the NBA title? That % is very small and the % of terrible teams is actually higher today. I can name only 3 teams in the east that can win it all and 3 or 4 in the West that can win the title. The rest of the playoffs teams are easy pickings for the top teams. Back then I didn't see that landscape like that
You are right about the Knicks being one dememsional, but they were more of a defensive than offensive team. Same with the Heat with Ike Austin, Hardaway, Mourning, Mashburn and P.J Brown. Defense wins championships and Knicks came close to winning a title against the Rockets. John Starks you game 7 jackass lol. There were more defensive teams, but the rule changes really have destroyed defenses these days which gives almost every advantage to the offensive players. Like Stern said years ago we want scoring to go up. So team like the Heat with a combination of better offensive players and playing terrible defenses night in and night will can make you seen like you are unbeatable lol.
Well that's just it. I was trying telling to tell these guys. No matter how crappy you may think the 90's were, you cannot factor out, bigger players, coaching and most of all rules along with video replay.
Sam

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Bewitched wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Sammy, Orange Men do rule! Will watch for them in the Playoffs/Finals. I felt bad for that Louisville kid, I mean 2 bones in 1 leg broken is some serious pain!
I will catch up with you, like I always have!
Ok B , don't stay away too long. We do miss you. Enjoy whatever is your doing. Green thumbing I am sure.
Sam

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text> What's up Sam. I couldn't get to my picks tonight because I go in late. Playoffs are right around the corner and it will be time for some teams to go fishing and bowling lol.
Well we started after our loss tonight to the piss ons. No worries, we await the final one to cap off the season.
Sam

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Bewitched wrote:
Mamba, try to stay out of trouble for a while, ok? I told Topix, if "Mamba needs me, shine the sign into the sky, and I will come." lol
LUV you guys .......
Iam starting to cry already, no more nose twitching? No B for playoffs? Leaving us with the potential Trolls? Leaving us with a 2 headed monster named j rock? Lmao. Good luck with the biz B. We all luv u here too.
Showtime

Rosemead, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Judged:

Bewitched wrote:
<quoted text>
Show ... I'm getting ready to bounce for a while.(My busy time of season is coming up).
I am glad that you brought this up, because I was almost ready to give up on my Laker Fans' buds. The "whining" isn't just about OUR guys ... but ALL the big cheese does it.(YES JUSTIN all of them do it!)
Nice that you are still "real." Stay that way.
Thanks I try to be and I hope you do well in your busy time....I will be real, of course sometimes im human and feel the need to protect the lakers against trolls, but otherwise I will lash out at who ever deserves it, and compliment anyone who deserves it.
Showtime

Rosemead, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text> Trust me Show, I have sucked it up a long time ago especially since im living down here lol. I had no choice and I gave them credit for winning the title last year and this recent streak. Im a sports fan just like you and like we all said things are different. If the Heat dominate like the Bulls did then I would say oh they were one of the best teams of all time. One title is good, but we all know winning title after title after title is mental grind.
Well see thats where people get it wrong in my opinion, your expecting the heat to do what the bulls did, like sammy says its difficult to compare different eras, but you cant expect one great team to duplicate what another great team did in another era, otherwise we be calling the boston celtics of the 60s the greatest team winning 8 championships. People expect kobe to duplicate what Jordan did, its not fair, we dont know the difficulties that Jordan faced compared to kobe, people overlook opponents and just see championships, I think thats where the comparisons really get trashed. There is a Jordan homerism going on, people try to justify it, but if we went by the stats, then the celtics would have the best team, and wilt would be the greatest period.
Sam

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Showtime wrote:
<quoted text>Well see thats where people get it wrong in my opinion, your expecting the heat to do what the bulls did, like sammy says its difficult to compare different eras, but you cant expect one great team to duplicate what another great team did in another era, otherwise we be calling the boston celtics of the 60s the greatest team winning 8 championships. People expect kobe to duplicate what Jordan did, its not fair, we dont know the difficulties that Jordan faced compared to kobe, people overlook opponents and just see championships, I think thats where the comparisons really get trashed. There is a Jordan homerism going on, people try to justify it, but if we went by the stats, then the celtics would have the best team, and wilt would be the greatest period.
Yea. Dell, I can't knock Show on this one. Well said. Let's say they were good in their time. Cause we all know a guy like Bob Cousy as good as he was would get his arse kicked today.
Showtime

Rosemead, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Bewitched wrote:
LUV you guys .......
Take care bewitched :)...Hurry back
Showtime

Rosemead, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 1, 2013

Sam wrote:
<quoted text> Yea. Dell, I can't knock Show on this one. Well said. Let's say they were good in their time. Cause we all know a guy like Bob Cousy as good as he was would get his arse kicked today.
Jerry west would get his butt kicked, he would have have to be a bit of scrub, I hate to say it. Not sure about Dr. Jay , Jordan can play any era any time, I think wilt can hang with todays centers but doubt he would put up crazy numbers, I think howard is probably more or less what wilt would do today.

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text> Omg they are headed to another reboot with another series already? It's really a shame because we both are huge X Men fans and we know the characters especially villians they could have brought out eventually. We could have had.Apocalypse and Omega Red. Hell Mr. Sinister was cool and even Suron was awesomely too. I completely agree with you on how they messed up big time.
Bradley Cooper as the Flash? I don't know if that's going to work because like we both said these actors are not taking the role seriously . In my opinion, the.guys who play Captain America and Thor are not bad at all. Edward Norton as the Hulk is just ok I guess, like you pointed out Magneto and other characters were just not a fit for the actor. Robert Downey Jr set the bar really high with his transformation of a class c super hero to a class a super hero. I don't see it changing no time soon, but maybe they are looking in the wrong places for these actors.
Well, if you really think about it X-men first class can only go so far, cause thanks to the other 3 x-men movies it has no real future.
You can't never add wolverine to it, or deal with any big characters since they decided to use an none real first class crew
Havok and mystic were never an x-men, iceman, cyclops, beast,jean gray and Angel were you original first class, they should had stuck with that crew, cause now all their time lines are screw if you look at their movies and they just keeping making a big mess out everything.

For any other X-men franchise can't work unless they can jump over the other 3 x-men, erased them like they never happened with complete reboot or undo the mess last stand created, other wise it has no real future.

Suron is interesting character but really hard to pull off in a film, a lot CGI is needed just like the lizard from spider man, not to mention his weird as story line.

OMG! Apocalypse saga, it's the villain to do, I have been waiting for it, but you need cyclops, jean gray for that and they are dead!, that saga could introduce CABLE!, but you need jean gray and cyclops for him to be born, but they are dead.
Bishop that could be another character, the rock would be my favorite actor to play him and he could be the one character that could be bring all the dead x-men back to life.

Mr.Sinister is vital for the Apocalypse saga, but you need jean gray and cyclops, cause those are his main goal and targets other than Havok for his master Apocalypse, but they are dead!

They need to stop killing character and villains in super hero movies, cause some characters and villains connect to other stories in the Marvel universe and M.U. has great prison, like the Cube, the vault, the big house and Raft, they should use them.

I have the same opinion as you about Bradley Cooper, but to be honest with you I can't think of any actor for the role of the Flash.
Sam

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> Jerry west would get his butt kicked, he would have have to be a bit of scrub, I hate to say it. Not sure about Dr. Jay , Jordan can play any era any time, I think wilt can hang with todays centers but doubt he would put up crazy numbers, I think howard is probably more or less what wilt would do today.
Dr J. Maybe not. The Doc wasn't overly agressive, he was more an artist type player.
Dwhite12 LA Slowtime

Winter Park, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Judged:

ex laker here...

Former NBA player Javaris Crittenton has been indicted on murder charges, Atlanta TV WSB-TV tweeted. Crittenton was charged with murder in August of 2011 of a 22-year old woman in Atlanta and was released on bond in September of that year. USA Today Sports
Read more at http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#r3Do0RHR033mw...
Sam

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Do I smell Stern in this equation? Why is it ok for the Heat to sit down 3 major guys claiming to be injured and Spurs did the same some time back and fined heavily???? What a farce. This league is a joke.
Showtime

Rosemead, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Sam wrote:
Do I smell Stern in this equation? Why is it ok for the Heat to sit down 3 major guys claiming to be injured and Spurs did the same some time back and fined heavily???? What a farce. This league is a joke.
Who did the heat sit out? And I wouldn't be surprised, I personally think stern has no business sticking his nose into what pops or any other team does with their team, I remember he fined kobe for not playing in the allstar game.

“Timshel”

Since: Jan 12

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 2, 2013

Man, I actually shed a tear or two when the entire Staples Center chanted "we want Phil"...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••