lakers fans
Black Mamba

United States

#61395 Mar 9, 2013
Justin wrote:
<quoted text>Kobe doesn't even have a better career than Tim Duncan lol.Its funny how you forget a 3 time Finals MVP because of your fantasy with Kobe.Ya we know Kobe is the youngest to 30,000 but fails horribly to be the quickest lol.Lebron is the 3rd quickest to 20,000 and youngest haha.With his 4th MVP under his belt with a 2nd ring for a wrap this year lol.I'll say keep deluding yourself.Kobe blemishes with this team will count on that Legacy while Duncan has beenbeen more successful with less than Kobe.The guy had two rookies in Gino and Parker beat baby Kobe with Shaq.Lebron will be miles over Kobe simply because theres no one in his league that only deserves Jordan comparisons.Kobe has never done that.
So let me get this straight, now you are comparing a power toward to a shooting guard? I don't see the logic in that. Duncan has had a great career, but since you say he has a better career than Kobe, you can also say he has a better career than Lebron who might I add is under Kobe by far. It hurts you like hell to know that the player you hate the most will always be better than the player you love the most. Like I have been saying for years when Lebrons career is over he won't have 5 or more rings. You mention all the regular season mvps. The only thing Kobe cares about is winning games and rings. I bet Lebron would trade those mvps in a heart beat for some rings. Justina Beiber just give it up and go cook breakfast for your husband GiHOEbili.
Black Mamba

United States

#61396 Mar 9, 2013
Justin wrote:
Black Mamba I'll be would like to here your definition of domination.Kobe has 1MVP in 17 seasons haha.Thats not domination or anyway applying it.The only guys who like Kobe are stupid Rodman and the horrible GM Jordan.They have been irrelevant for just about everything.
Kobe is 5/7 in the Finals. Your hero Lebron is 1/3 in the finals. The know the stats like the back of my hand, but the only stats I care about is championship wins. You are judged by the hardware when you are trying to cement your legacy. To bad Lebron won't make it to the finals 7 times to have that opportunity. 1 ring for a player like Lebron couldn't even let him sweep out Kobes gym lol.
Sammy

Waterloo, Canada

#61397 Mar 9, 2013
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text>OOOOOOHHHH I am barley alive, I was so pissed throughout the game at the lack of defense by the lakers, I mean they do this all the time they dig a hole and come back at the end....Damn your raps love the lakers lol, they play like a team that should be in the playoffs, I got a good feeling about you guys if you hold on to gay. Wow what a crazy game, my god kobe took it to another level, its sad trolls don't realize how good kobe is in his 17th season. kobe is gonna keel over, they are using him like a over used eraser, this guy is running on rims.
Dude I was dying all the way through. Gay was so off his game. Had he been, I think the result would be different. Yea I see what you mean about lack of defense by Lakers. Yea Show we could be a playoff team but as I preached many times and you witnessed first hand, we don't know how to finish. That's a big problem we need to correct. Gay has done it before but if he's off we have no one else but possibly Derozen. I think getting Gay was too little too late , We will extend his contract but maybe a few off season deals will help us. Otherwise I enjoyed the game. Lakers-Raps is always a treat to watch. Kobe had that face going on and I knew we were done.
Sammy

Waterloo, Canada

#61398 Mar 9, 2013
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text> What's up Sam. Im sorry I couldn't get to my picks last night. I saw ths highlights of the Raptors Lakers game and I top my hat to you guys. I knew it was going to be close and especially since the Raps have been playing well. Also I saw Justina talking smack about me and saying some other stuff that made no sense lol.
Yea Dell, I was at the edge of my seat. Its too bad for us. As show eluded to, Kobe got too much on his back. Without him, boy it would be tough. Our team just needs to focus on next season and make corrections. The potential is there.
sam

Brampton, Canada

#61399 Mar 9, 2013
I am not by any means a Hockey fan. However One things for sure our beloved Toronto Maples Lare stacked with big brute fighters. Thought I would post something different.
&fe ature=player_detailpage
sam

Brampton, Canada

#61400 Mar 9, 2013
Sorry Leafs are stacked
Clipper me

Fontana, CA

#61401 Mar 9, 2013
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah Stern isn't that fat, hes just hiding money under his coat, you said something bad about the NBA huh? well now that ain't right, that will be 5000 for now, just slip in my back pocket, my arms are so fat I cant reach it there.
Aren't you calling the kettle black?.
Stern got his money by propping up the Lakers in the 2,000 years , receiving tremendous ratings which stuffed his pockets>kind schedules , refs calls , trades , he played an important role in bringing you all those rings and now you want to hang the guy in effigy!!?....some gratitude!, lmao

“Timshel”

Since: Jan 12

Tulsa, OK

#61402 Mar 9, 2013
Clipper me wrote:
<quoted text>Aren't you calling the kettle black?.
Stern got his money by propping up the Lakers in the 2,000 years , receiving tremendous ratings which stuffed his pockets>kind schedules , refs calls , trades , he played an important role in bringing you all those rings and now you want to hang the guy in effigy!!?....some gratitude!, lmao
It's difficult to argue that point as far as Stern and the NBA backing/favoring certain teams during each decade.

Miami is definitely the NBA's golden team right now and looks to remain such until LBJ decides his next steps.
Sammy

Waterloo, Canada

#61403 Mar 9, 2013
Clipper me wrote:
<quoted text>Aren't you calling the kettle black?.
Stern got his money by propping up the Lakers in the 2,000 years , receiving tremendous ratings which stuffed his pockets>kind schedules , refs calls , trades , he played an important role in bringing you all those rings and now you want to hang the guy in effigy!!?....some gratitude!, lmao
In Show's defense and I sense you could be a Laker hater judging by the creative name you hold. You can't put the Lakers all on Stern's list of spoiled brats. In fact the Paul scenario doesn't exactly fit in that scheme of things, does it? Who benefit there? New orleans? Perhaps Mr.Clipper its not just Miami whose being lickednow but the Clippers, but whose calling the kettle black? Enjoy what Stern has brought you and stop worrying about the Lakers.
Sammy

Waterloo, Canada

#61404 Mar 9, 2013
_Jusayin_ wrote:
<quoted text>
It's difficult to argue that point as far as Stern and the NBA backing/favoring certain teams during each decade.
Miami is definitely the NBA's golden team right now and looks to remain such until LBJ decides his next steps.
Stern has favoured over the years, I am sure you will never forget the infamous knick lottery pick and Patrick Ewing. If you like I can post a vid that explains Stern and his antics. Its not so much favouring its the silly ways he stuffs money down his pocket. I believe that's what Show was saying all along. His money scheming BS and rules before favouring.

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#61405 Mar 9, 2013
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text> I was thinking the same thing. Maybe these close games will help some of the role players mentally if they make the playoffs. 1/2 game back now and like we said maybe the 6th seed. D'antoni coach of the year lol.
Dude you are too positive....ha ha ha

Cause I don't see how, from my perspective if anything it's creating a bad habit with horrible consequent for the playoffs run.

This reminds me of the phil jackson Lakers' teams that would exact same all the time.

Show and I would always said that it was a cause the lakers absorbing Phil laid back attitude, but now that phil gone and out side Pau and KB there no much left of Phil's team.

I'm starting to rethink what there problem is now.

At the end I understand that from struggle something has to be learn, but when the same problem repeats it self back to back, I doubt something was learned from it.
Justin

Excelsior, MN

#61406 Mar 9, 2013
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait how exactly is LBJ make wade better?
I don't see wade stats gone up if anything the other way around.
The coaching is the one that should be credited for mixing wade and james mins and system to maximizing their productivity on the floor.
Nash.
First off I didn't say he was making Wade better lol.A lab monkey could interpret what I was stating.Lebron keeps Wade thriving is what I stated.In bad games and nights Lebron has always found ways to keep Wade in the game.Wade doesn't always get great shots anymore so Lebron has made Wade job so much easier around the basket a blind man can see that.I did say that Lebron has made the role players so much effective and has put these guys in great positions to look greater than they were.Battier,Lewis,Allen would be liabilities in the Lakers offense.Lebron is the glue to this aging roster.
Justin

Excelsior, MN

#61407 Mar 9, 2013
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually KB said there is no such thing as the greatest and he is right.
There is no way to measure it, titles Bill Russell, stats Wilt Chamberlain, most unstoppable offensive kareem abdul jabbar, best floor Magic Johnson.
There isn't one player holds them all.
Now james not making playoffs I'm sure to him it will be a failure like it would not any player of the caliber with high expectations, so what's your point?
Kobe can't play with other all stars, really?
All this is BS.You clearly didn't understand my argument.My point was that Kobe has had limited perimeter players at PG and SF because of his inability to play off the ball like a Jordan,Lebron,or a Durant.His style is more like a Melo at best.Like I said look how well NY did without Melo?It doesn't take much to be a volume shooter and JR Smith has shown that.My point is if your going to be a scorer and take 30 shots a game at least do it off-screens and let your pg run the offense.
Justin

Excelsior, MN

#61408 Mar 9, 2013
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text> Kobe is 5/7 in the Finals. Your hero Lebron is 1/3 in the finals. The know the stats like the back of my hand, but the only stats I care about is championship wins. You are judged by the hardware when you are trying to cement your legacy. To bad Lebron won't make it to the finals 7 times to have that opportunity. 1 ring for a player like Lebron couldn't even let him sweep out Kobes gym lol.
Thats BS.You are judged by how you play and your hardware is a result of a team accomplishment.
Black Mamba

United States

#61409 Mar 9, 2013
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
Dude you are too positive....ha ha ha
Cause I don't see how, from my perspective if anything it's creating a bad habit with horrible consequent for the playoffs run.
This reminds me of the phil jackson Lakers' teams that would exact same all the time.
Show and I would always said that it was a cause the lakers absorbing Phil laid back attitude, but now that phil gone and out side Pau and KB there no much left of Phil's team.
I'm starting to rethink what there problem is now.
At the end I understand that from struggle something has to be learn, but when the same problem repeats it self back to back, I doubt something was learned from it.
I agree with what you are saying and also I know them winning a championship this year I out of the question. I was just thinking maybe we won't get eliminated in the first round like I said months ago.I can be to positive at times because I figure Kobe can get us maybe 2 wins in a a series and the luck of the Irish get the other 2 lol. If we can get the 6th seed then that may set up a all LA series.
Black Mamba

United States

#61410 Mar 9, 2013
Justin wrote:
<quoted text>Thats BS.You are judged by how you play and your hardware is a result of a team accomplishment.
See this what we are talking about when it comes to you young lady. Kobe and Lebron have both accomplish winning as a result of team play. You just don't want to give Kobe any credit because you don't like him . Also you know deep down inside im right about him not having a better career than Kobe and on top of that, Kobe has more heart than he does.

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#61411 Mar 9, 2013
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text> I was thinking the same thing. Maybe these close games will help some of the role players mentally if they make the playoffs. 1/2 game back now and like we said maybe the 6th seed. D'antoni coach of the year lol.
Well not sure coach of the yr....lol

You know they will use the names Kobe, Pau, Dwight, Steve, Antwan against for the voting.

What about KB for MVP, gees seriously How can LBJ win it when being a talented loaded team, plus if he misses a week the heat will not lose a bid from all that talent.

Don't get me wrong I would give it to Parker, CP3 or Durrant before KB they have more points in their favore, KB it's making legit case here.

Take KB out and Lakers are lottery team, take LBJ and Miami still in the top 2 team in the east.

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#61412 Mar 9, 2013
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text> I agree with what you are saying and also I know them winning a championship this year I out of the question. I was just thinking maybe we won't get eliminated in the first round like I said months ago.I can be to positive at times because I figure Kobe can get us maybe 2 wins in a a series and the luck of the Irish get the other 2 lol. If we can get the 6th seed then that may set up a all LA series.
Ha ha ha you do luck of the irish, so fools luck?

I think they can win all, if they play right, and is not that hard really, cause they have the hardest thing to have which is talent.

All they gotta do is get their minds set, play team D, slow game by dictating tempo and we defense they can do that to any one.

Some needs to sell them on team D first, they get that they can beat any team in a series.
Black Mamba

United States

#61413 Mar 9, 2013
sam wrote:
Sorry Leafs are stacked
Here you go Sam. My Saturday Night Fever Picks lol. New Jersey Shores over Justinas Wingless Boneless chickens( maybe be close. Humphries is going for 15 there pointers tonight lol). Bricks over Jazz Festival( ladies and gentlemen the JR Smith of the past is starting to pop up again). Magical Challenged Wizards over kittens for sale(zzzzzzzz). Pandas over Pelicans(pandas still need some more bamboo if they are going to make a playoffs run). Chicken Nuggets with bbq sauce over Mougilis Wolf Cubs(McGee 57 pts). Sun Chips over Rocketeers(close game). Antelopes over Warrior Nation( close high scoring game).

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#61414 Mar 9, 2013
Justin wrote:
<quoted text>Thats BS.You are judged by how you play and your hardware is a result of a team accomplishment.
You gotta one thing right, players are judged by how they play, they could be in team full of talent like MIAMI!, but score a lot and they forget about the boat load talent around him and hand him the MVP over and over and over.

They media guys are like fans, they get caught up in the high scoring/flashy highly reel and forget what really MVP means.

CP3, TD and even Durrant have more rights at the MVP then any one else in the league this season.

But even with 5 mvps in row without the title hardware those MVP hard ware means jack look at Malone, Barkley, Nash.

So title hardware value out weights MVP, defender of year, scoring title, all start MVP trophy, put together.

So, 5 titles right now means more then 1.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NBA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Luther Strange to run for Jeff Sessions' Senate... Tue Xstain Mullah Aroma 2
News 27-Year-Old Man Arrested In Murder Of Elderly A... Dec 2 Newt G s Next Wife 17
News A strange scene unfolded when the Pelicans and ... Dec 2 Sam 4
NBA Being Rediculous Comparing Westbrook To Osc... Dec 1 NBA Historian 1
News Bizarre finish has Raptors crying foul after lo... Nov 30 Sam 4
LeBron James Shows His Immaturity And Lack Of E... Nov 15 Grow Up LeBron 1
Russell Westbrook Nov 15 Just me 1
More from around the web