lakers fans
Black Mamba

United States

#61190 Mar 3, 2013
[QUOTE whoa="Sammy"]<quo ted text> Agreed.[/QUOTE] What's up Sam. How is everything? Also I know you have been waiting so here are my sinful Sunday picks lol. Hicks over gay dancing Harlem shaking heat stroke( very close entertaining game. Melo and Lebron huge game). OKFC Lighting over Lame Ass Slippers(Another close game. Jordan 42 pts. Still think he is a sorry player that can only dunk.) Wandless Wizards over Bowlers(hopefully the Wizards commentator can get the call right this time unlike their last air ball game losing shot lol). Pandas over Queens(zzzzzzzzz). To the moon Alice over black beauties( I need the Mavs to lose, but Rockets to strong at home). Alamo Coyotes over Isiahs short shorts cursed franchise(Parker out close road month can cost the Spurs the best record and number 1 seed).Placers over Big Macs(close defensive game). Lazy Ass Lakers over Justinas pink tricycle riding loving buzzards( may be close and D'antoni is still looking lost lol).
Black Mamba

United States

#61191 Mar 3, 2013
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they do have a shot at 7, but the one thing I known for a while and I have been trying to playoff for the longest is that, out Utah, Houston, Golden State and Los Angeles, Rockets have the easiest schedule then Golden State, Utah and then L.A.
To me is all about the Lakers lacking team defense, if they work on that they could make up for when Howard goes out.
Heck if they play team D they could win a lot of games.
I think Golden State and Utah are going to keep slipping. Like you said the Rockets have the easier schedule, but we all know teams will want to spoil the party. I agree with you about the Lakers playing some defense. That game in Denver was just a massacre but Denver is a great home team. I see Kobe is starting to pick up his scoring a little more and Howards rebounding is going up too. Nash I think will be more aggressive and hopefully Gasol is on track to get back. He will be huge coming off the bench.
Black Mamba

United States

#61192 Mar 3, 2013
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah my point is this is the same guy everyone hated, same guy, has he changed a bit? perhaps hes toned it down just a bit, but as you showed us hes still having his fun out there, hes still doing funny lebron things, its the same guy, people just wanna be told who to root for I guess, same people who argue about their favorite player, then pull out a article written by some guy who happens to say the same thing.....Also let me make it clear I am not talking about anyone in here, just people in general. I hate to go back to Jordan, but Jordan is still the reason why kobe and lebron are hated, a lot of people out there just cant stand the comparisons to their hero Jordan, they refuse to take that guy off the pedestal so your gonna get a lot of hate.
You knowknow according to th die hard Jordan fans his shadow is still over the NBA. They want to make sure he is still in the picture no matter what. Like you said in a earlier post, the media can make things worst. I don't have a problem with Lebron. I just don't like him with the Heat lol. He I not the bad guy anymore and the media now onto show the good side of him. Not saying he has a bad side, but he is not magnified like he was last year.
Sammy

Canada

#61193 Mar 3, 2013
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> Hard to believe anything that man says anymore, I hope the next guy in line is just kissing sterns ass until he leaves, then he does things his way. Stern didn't really butt in too much until the 2000s began.
oh wait , you never noticed Adam Silver licking Stern's butt at any major nba announcement? Silver I highly guarantee is next in line.
Sammy

Canada

#61194 Mar 3, 2013
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah my point is this is the same guy everyone hated, same guy, has he changed a bit? perhaps hes toned it down just a bit, but as you showed us hes still having his fun out there, hes still doing funny lebron things, its the same guy, people just wanna be told who to root for I guess, same people who argue about their favorite player, then pull out a article written by some guy who happens to say the same thing.....Also let me make it clear I am not talking about anyone in here, just people in general. I hate to go back to Jordan, but Jordan is still the reason why kobe and lebron are hated, a lot of people out there just cant stand the comparisons to their hero Jordan, they refuse to take that guy off the pedestal so your gonna get a lot of hate.
You raise good points, however there are some who make false remarks and wacky comparisons about Jordan too which has or had me totally baffled.
Sammy

Canada

#61195 Mar 3, 2013
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text> What's up Sam. How is everything? Also I know you have been waiting so here are my sinful Sunday picks lol. Hicks over gay dancing Harlem shaking heat stroke( very close entertaining game. Melo and Lebron huge game). OKFC Lighting over Lame Ass Slippers(Another close game. Jordan 42 pts. Still think he is a sorry player that can only dunk.) Wandless Wizards over Bowlers(hopefully the Wizards commentator can get the call right this time unlike their last air ball game losing shot lol). Pandas over Queens(zzzzzzzzz). To the moon Alice over black beauties( I need the Mavs to lose, but Rockets to strong at home). Alamo Coyotes over Isiahs short shorts cursed franchise(Parker out close road month can cost the Spurs the best record and number 1 seed).Placers over Big Macs(close defensive game). Lazy Ass Lakers over Justinas pink tricycle riding loving buzzards( may be close and D'antoni is still looking lost lol).
hahahahaha now that's good. Okfc, now they are a bunch of chickens.lol justina's pink trike. Hilarious. Mavs will win today.
Sammy

Canada

#61196 Mar 3, 2013
Showtime wrote:
Well as much as some are not keen about Mj which is fine, he is still very powerful in the league. Not saying that's good or bad but there's not many athletes who have that much power or that influential in any sport.
sam

Brampton, Canada

#61197 Mar 3, 2013
Miami Heat strongly considering re-signing 40 year old Juwan
Black Mamba

United States

#61198 Mar 3, 2013
[QUOTE whoa="sam"]Miami Heat strongly considering re-signing 40 year old Juwan[/QUOTE] I thought he was dead. Next thing you know they are going to want to sign Oscar the grouch since they already have big bird, snuffaluffus and Elmo lol.

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#61199 Mar 3, 2013
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> NO way bynum is getting another big contract until he proves he can play at least 2 seasons without an injury, I won't be surprised to see the heat take a shot at him, someone will still pay up cause they are desperate and will gamble on getting a potential star on their team.
All I have to say is Agent Zero, remember him he got one and that was not the first or last time we saw it happened.

So yeah there is a way that scenario could play out like you some will still be desperate enough to pay and gamble.

But like I said his value and the amount of money from teams pursing him may have dwindle considerably.

It will be interesting to see how that will play out, but Lakers dodged a bullet by moving him BIG TIME!.

Jasbinder

Kitchener, Canada

#61200 Mar 3, 2013
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text> I thought he was dead. Next thing you know they are going to want to sign Oscar the grouch since they already have big bird, snuffaluffus and Elmo lol.
hahahah yea Howard will blowing off the cobwebs. What's up with the heat and these wacko signings anyway?
sammy

Canada

#61201 Mar 3, 2013
Sorry bro at it again

hahahah yea Howard will blowing off the cobwebs. What's up with the heat and these wacko signings anyway?
sammy

Kitchener, Canada

#61202 Mar 3, 2013
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
All I have to say is Agent Zero, remember him he got one and that was not the first or last time we saw it happened.
So yeah there is a way that scenario could play out like you some will still be desperate enough to pay and gamble.
But like I said his value and the amount of money from teams pursing him may have dwindle considerably.
It will be interesting to see how that will play out, but Lakers dodged a bullet by moving him BIG TIME!.
I agree with Show. Bet you Heat or Celtics pick him up.

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#61203 Mar 3, 2013
Sammy wrote:
Show I also agree with your comment regarding nba not investigating. It wasn't hard for Stern to stop the Paul trade was it?
You know what's funny about for me, is that Stern wanted a KB vs LB showdown in the finals sooo bad and what the opportunity for it to happened with CP3 and KB getting together and Howard joining the following season.

He blocked the trade and really kill the last chance of KB vs LB.
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#61204 Mar 3, 2013
Sammy wrote:
<quoted text> oh wait , you never noticed Adam Silver licking Stern's butt at any major nba announcement? Silver I highly guarantee is next in line.
That's what im saying, I hope he is just kissing sterns ass until he leaves then he just turns around and does things his way.
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#61205 Mar 3, 2013
Sammy wrote:
<quoted text> You raise good points, however there are some who make false remarks and wacky comparisons about Jordan too which has or had me totally baffled.
I am not quite sure what your talking about there sammy, you would have to elaborate a bit .
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#61206 Mar 3, 2013
Sammy wrote:
<quoted text> Well as much as some are not keen about Mj which is fine, he is still very powerful in the league. Not saying that's good or bad but there's not many athletes who have that much power or that influential in any sport.
Your only as popular as the amount of attention given to you, and guess who chooses to give him that attention, the media, same people who grew up with him, guess who hangs on what the media says, the fans....You know we know the WWE is not real, int hat business, the announcer is in charge of giving fans insight as to what the wrestler is doing and thinking, the announcer is in charge of making the wrestler look better than he is, he paints a certain picture of the wrestler, he can say how mean the wrestler is and how bad is if he is a heel, he can say the opposite if he is a good guy, but the announcer often controls what you are suppose to feel about the wrestler, not always but thats the announcers job in that business. THe media does that for fans.
Black Mamba

United States

#61207 Mar 3, 2013
sammy wrote:
Sorry bro at it again
Lol the Heat are just trying to get as many scabs as they can. Miller and Jones don't even get playing time at all because they are so deep. They know their weakness is size in the paint and there are no big men out there to get at the moment.
Sammy

Kitchener, Canada

#61208 Mar 3, 2013
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text>Your only as popular as the amount of attention given to you, and guess who chooses to give him that attention, the media, same people who grew up with him, guess who hangs on what the media says, the fans....You know we know the WWE is not real, int hat business, the announcer is in charge of giving fans insight as to what the wrestler is doing and thinking, the announcer is in charge of making the wrestler look better than he is, he paints a certain picture of the wrestler, he can say how mean the wrestler is and how bad is if he is a heel, he can say the opposite if he is a good guy, but the announcer often controls what you are suppose to feel about the wrestler, not always but thats the announcers job in that business. THe media does that for fans.
One thing you fail to mention though are those who are smart enough not to get caught up in media frenzy and have a brain of their own. It all depends on individuals believing or not. On the other hand, many should be thankful for Mj's contribution. Otherwise the league may not be where it is today. Yesteryears stars promoted the league.
Sammy

Kitchener, Canada

#61210 Mar 3, 2013
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> That's what im saying, I hope he is just kissing sterns ass until he leaves then he just turns around and does things his way.
Silver is like Stern's little son. I don't think anything will change.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NBA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hinkie Will Get Russell AND Hezonja 10 hr tom wingo 2
how to get into the nba?? (May '06) Sun Gage Ledford 479
News Kayne West booed at Billboard Music Awards 2015... May 25 tom wingo 9
News Festus Ezeli and the long, strange trip to the NBA May 24 tom wingo 2
News Stephen Curry, a Warrior with a golden touch, i... May 22 tom wingo 4
News Taylor Swift wins 8 at Billboard Awards; Kanye ... May 21 stewart scott 2
News Los Angeles Clippers have Chris Paul; who's next? (Jul '13) May 17 tom wingo 6
More from around the web