lakers fans

“Timshel”

Since: Jan 12

Tulsa, OK

#60989 Feb 22, 2013
sammy wrote:
<quoted text>lol wow that was some Brawl Sayin. That makes 2 of us. I was born in Paddington London UK, immigrated to Canada at a young age but many relatives still that way and US. So I guess Football is in the blood for sure.
Paddington wow. It's like the epicenter of pro-football. You can't hide from it there...Is your family over there QPR supporters?
sammy wrote:
<quoted text> Oh no doubt regarding MLS and success of the big three (LA NY Seattle) We have always been a sad state here. From the time they traded De Raserio we were done. We brought in Winters who was quite a player in his day and then Paul Mariner which was a flop too. We actually work closely with Toronto FC academy up here. Yea we know about Soccer in the US up here, hence why they (Americans) salivate looking for our guys to recruit for US colleges. Onthe other hand Soccer has improved quite a bit your way. I think Donovan has done alot too.
Soccer has improved but it seems they make sure that while it improves, it does so in baby steps. Even though the world practices supporting their football clubs and countries as religion the numbers are there too. Over 300 million Champions League Final viewers to 111 million for the SuperBowl yet America doesn't think we should tap into that and make soccer mainstream? Retarded...

Donovan has done great things too for US soccer club and country and he's held his own in the BPL but yet he's nowhere near box office. Not even close. Thierry Henry, one of the best to ever play and while he's a shell of his former self most Americans have no clue who he is and don't care even though the man was a footballing god.
sammy wrote:
<quoted text> Yes Tristan is from here. Went to a high school just down the road from me. Nicholson who plays for Orlando Magic is from the city just south of me. Mississauga which we surround Toronto(burbs). The number one recruited highschooler NBA bound is also from this area. Andrew Wiggans. Son of ex nbaer Mitchell Wiggans and Canadian Mother was an Olympic medallist some time ago . This kid is something at 15. Have a look.NBA Teams are already all over him.
LOL, man you're in the hotbed of talent aren't you!? I watched that Wiggans vid and he looks good. I saw the lob pass to him and man his head was at the rim when he threw it down! And to think the kid will get even better and jump higher!? Wow.

“Everyone needs a hero.I'm mine”

Since: Dec 07

Gibson City, IL

#60990 Feb 22, 2013
Bewitched wrote:
<quoted text>
Kyrie scored 20 points in the 4th quarter to get us the win Wed night against Hornets. That kid was all over the place. I don't think the fans sat down. He was doing it all. Ya would have thought he would have been tired after the weekend festivities. A 20 year old with extreme talent is really something to watch.
Kyrie is a good point to build around, imo. The best player from last years draft. Better than the unibrow so far.

“All for 1, 1 for all”

Since: Apr 08

Akron, Ohio

#60991 Feb 22, 2013
As a freshman, he played 9 games for Duke, injured his toe, came back in time for March Madness, and scored 28 points in the Sweet 16 game, which Duke lost. That was his college career. Some people would say we were taking a chance picking him, but Chris Grant saw something. Definitely wise beyond his years and a heck of a nice guy.
Sam the man

Etobicoke, Canada

#60992 Feb 22, 2013
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> The NBA trade deadline was so lame this year.
Lame you say? Absolute rubbish.
Sam the man

Etobicoke, Canada

#60993 Feb 22, 2013
Showtime wrote:
Sammy I saw you on another thread, this laker fan was saying something about stern blocking paul , I had to chuckle when you said we got steve nash, come on man 39 year old steven nash compared to chris paul, lets not get silly here lol...are you that high on nash or you just wanted to bug that guy lol.
You like that HUH? lmao. Yea I was throwing some sarcasm to stir the pot. I know Nash is Hundred and five years old.
Sam the man

Etobicoke, Canada

#60994 Feb 22, 2013
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> Well actually the Clipper fans aren't bugging me too much, I live In LA but still don't bump into clipper fans too often lol, if anything I am beginning to feel bad for them, its there time to shine and the lakers are stealing all of the headlines.
Hey Show (Iam sure RR would be proud) I wonder if Elgin Baylor has been dabbling in the Clipper's success. If so maybe he would make a fine replacement for Mitch
Sam the man

Etobicoke, Canada

#60995 Feb 22, 2013
thehumanhighlightreel wrote:
<quoted text>
Ugh, extremely anticlimactic. I think the C's got a steal with Jordan Crawford. Trading away an injured and aging barbosa plus Jason Collins who hardly plays. Did the Lakers make any moves?
And good win against us on Wednesday. We both blew each other out at home. Both in similar situations. I really don't know what we will do moving forward.
Iam a little confused, First off how does Danny Ainge do it. Trade and injured old goat for young aspiring player. I give Mr.Ainge credit there. Secondly Funny how C fans were in a frenzy having Barbosa and now he is considered this old injured worthless guy. I was actually disppointed when he left here to tell you the truth. Oh well. Hi how ya keeping young fella? did I just say that? Now I feel like Leonardo.
Sam the man

Etobicoke, Canada

#60996 Feb 22, 2013
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text> Lol Sam you know this was the trade of the decade. Also I will be making my picks tonight so get ready.
*rubbing Hands with anticipation* Can't wait for the Zany las vegas predictions. That deal for us sucked but it is one of Colangelo's set up moves for off season moves Iam sure. Kleiza will go through Amnesty, Bargs will be out the door . So we know moves are coming. I knew something had to happen with us because Hamed Haddadi who came from the Grizzlies along with Gay never appeared even in a suit. It turns out that he was only granted a visa to play in the US and no where else. I believe he is from the middle east or somewhere. Canada customs would not allow him in...go figure. So they had to do something with him. I don't even think he played any games with the Griz. I love these trades who involve no name stiffs and its always names you can't pronounce.
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#60997 Feb 22, 2013
Bewitched wrote:
<quoted text>
Kyrie scored 20 points in the 4th quarter to get us the win Wed night against Hornets. That kid was all over the place. I don't think the fans sat down. He was doing it all. Ya would have thought he would have been tired after the weekend festivities. A 20 year old with extreme talent is really something to watch.
Enjoy it, this kid might bring in some great talent to come play with him, or hell the big fish himself, the pot will be real sweet to go play in cleveland.
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#60998 Feb 22, 2013
Sam the man wrote:
<quoted text>You like that HUH? lmao. Yea I was throwing some sarcasm to stir the pot. I know Nash is Hundred and five years old.
LOL you took over RRs old job lol.
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#60999 Feb 22, 2013
Sam the man wrote:
<quoted text> Hey Show (Iam sure RR would be proud) I wonder if Elgin Baylor has been dabbling in the Clipper's success. If so maybe he would make a fine replacement for Mitch
I'm good, not a big fan of Elgins track record as a GM, maybe Jordan will hire him, it would be an improvement from his ownership skills lol.
Sam the man

Etobicoke, Canada

#61000 Feb 22, 2013
_Jusayin_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Paddington wow. It's like the epicenter of pro-football. You can't hide from it there...Is your family over there QPR supporters?
<quoted text>
Soccer has improved but it seems they make sure that while it improves, it does so in baby steps. Even though the world practices supporting their football clubs and countries as religion the numbers are there too. Over 300 million Champions League Final viewers to 111 million for the SuperBowl yet America doesn't think we should tap into that and make soccer mainstream? Retarded...
Donovan has done great things too for US soccer club and country and he's held his own in the BPL but yet he's nowhere near box office. Not even close. Thierry Henry, one of the best to ever play and while he's a shell of his former self most Americans have no clue who he is and don't care even though the man was a footballing god.
<quoted text>
LOL, man you're in the hotbed of talent aren't you!? I watched that Wiggans vid and he looks good. I saw the lob pass to him and man his head was at the rim when he threw it down! And to think the kid will get even better and jump higher!? Wow.
Yes Sir, Toronto and surrounding area has been a hot spot For rising stars of late. In my playing days in my opinion were not highly recruited as much as today. Only Notable Canadians were Smrek(80's)Lakers, Leo Rautins (Syracuse standout 80's then on to Sixers with the Doc) Rick Fox (pretty boy) who went on to Lakers and Celtics. Jamaal (went down the tank) Magloire(too many teams to mention)Todd MacCulloch(sixers with AI) Billy Wennington ex Bull. However today is different(more players) but the Wiggans kid is really turning heads. I hope he does well.
My Family are big Arsenal Fans.
Sam the man

Etobicoke, Canada

#61001 Feb 22, 2013
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> Enjoy it, this kid might bring in some great talent to come play with him, or hell the big fish himself, the pot will be real sweet to go play in cleveland.
Yea but like RR said and he right. These rising stars eventually take off for more moola and more recognition. The Drew thing just adds to his popularity and increases the demands when it comes to new contract.
Sam the man

Etobicoke, Canada

#61002 Feb 22, 2013
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> I'm good, not a big fan of Elgins track record as a GM, maybe Jordan will hire him, it would be an improvement from his ownership skills lol.
Lmao@ Jordan. Great suggestion though.
Sam the man

Etobicoke, Canada

#61003 Feb 22, 2013
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> LOL you took over RRs old job lol.
Yea RR is slipping a bit. So I figured I would fill in. Wait until he chimes in. Huh? what you guys talking about? I don't get it? ROFL watch and see.
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#61004 Feb 22, 2013
Sam the man wrote:
<quoted text>Yea RR is slipping a bit. So I figured I would fill in. Wait until he chimes in. Huh? what you guys talking about? I don't get it? ROFL watch and see.
Give him a el pollo loco coupon and he will be fine lol
Sam the man

Etobicoke, Canada

#61005 Feb 22, 2013
Wow. What a dumb question

&fe ature=player_embedded
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#61006 Feb 22, 2013
Sam the man wrote:
<quoted text>Yea but like RR said and he right. These rising stars eventually take off for more moola and more recognition. The Drew thing just adds to his popularity and increases the demands when it comes to new contract.
That is why Dan gilbert has to put his ego aside and stop blaming star player for leaving just cause he wants it to go a certain way, Hes gotta do some serious talking to these players, the bad part is no more sign and trade so that forces teams to make a quicker decision when its a players final year. Lebron started a super team trend, team up with your buddies and win, only thing I like about that is it sends a message to young players, you cant win it by yourself you need help, the bad thing about it is if you look around and you don't think you can win with the guys you have, they will look elsewhere .
Sam the man

Etobicoke, Canada

#61007 Feb 22, 2013
hahahah I forgot about that. Now thats hilarious.Polo loco
Sam the man

Etobicoke, Canada

#61008 Feb 22, 2013
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> That is why Dan gilbert has to put his ego aside and stop blaming star player for leaving just cause he wants it to go a certain way, Hes gotta do some serious talking to these players, the bad part is no more sign and trade so that forces teams to make a quicker decision when its a players final year. Lebron started a super team trend, team up with your buddies and win, only thing I like about that is it sends a message to young players, you cant win it by yourself you need help, the bad thing about it is if you look around and you don't think you can win with the guys you have, they will look elsewhere .
True that

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NBA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cavaliers dump Warriors to force Game 7 3 hr Go Blue Forever 5
News Igoudala In NBA Finals Spotlight As Warriors Lo... 5 hr Browns Fan 3
Media Lunacy About LeBron James Jun 22 Media Lies 1
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... (Jun '15) Jun 20 Tretre 6
Congrats To Cleveland And Adam Silver For Arran... Jun 20 D Keefer 2
News Ayesha Curry latest sports spouse to lash out o... Jun 18 Lake Erie Lady 2
NBA Has Taken Steps To Ensure A Cleveland Win Jun 17 Go Blue Forever 2
More from around the web