lakers fans
Black Mamba

United States

#60948 Feb 18, 2013
rrenault wrote:
Dr. Jerry Buss RIP.
Thank You for everything!!!
Very sad day in L.A. indeed.
Very sad day indeed and maybe the team will play a little harder after this. Jerry has done so much as a owner for this franchise. He has seen the best and the worst over the years. A lot of these players can never repay him for what he has done for them. Jerry you will be missed. RIP and Lakers 4 Life.
Black Mamba

United States

#60949 Feb 18, 2013
sammy wrote:
<quoted text> Ok Heres some pics of him from the allstar weekend. You tell me..lol
My god he looks so done. wow.Hence why he had an early exit. Drugs.
https://ballislife.com/pics-of-steve-francis-...
Wtf!!!!!!! What in the blue hell happened to him? He looks like a crack head who tried to be a boxer for one night lol. This guy looks terrible and who knows what he is doing because he looks like he needs to be in the hospital.
Black Mamba

United States

#60950 Feb 18, 2013
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah I remember hearing that kobe had waived his no trade clause a few times, and I remember being so angry cause this guy is begging to be dealt and crying and talking crap and he keeps waiving the no trade clause....then I heard one of the interviews with him and it hit me, kobe doesn't want to be dealt at all, he wanted someone to talk to him and talk him out of it, he wanted a call from jerry buss, he thought the lakers were rebuilding and not doing enough for championships, and just like that the season begin turning around, bynum blossomed and we got pau...almost a perfect hollywood script lol.
I still thank Memphis to this day for that trade because Kobe needed some help on the worst way. When you have 2 of the worst Lakers EVER on your team Smush Parker and Kwame Brown, you know something had to be done lol. I still remember those days and I felt bad for Magic because he had such high hopes for Smush lol.
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#60951 Feb 18, 2013
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text> I still thank Memphis to this day for that trade because Kobe needed some help on the worst way. When you have 2 of the worst Lakers EVER on your team Smush Parker and Kwame Brown, you know something had to be done lol. I still remember those days and I felt bad for Magic because he had such high hopes for Smush lol.
At least kwame had a bit more class, smush is probably the worst laker of all time, where is he now? He had some potential, but he didn't like the NBA life style he didn't embrace it, he thought it was gonna be a fancier version of street ball, he go back to NY. When you call playing with kobe overrated , and your a scrub, you know your not made for the NBA.
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#60952 Feb 18, 2013
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text> I still thank Memphis to this day for that trade because Kobe needed some help on the worst way. When you have 2 of the worst Lakers EVER on your team Smush Parker and Kwame Brown, you know something had to be done lol. I still remember those days and I felt bad for Magic because he had such high hopes for Smush lol.
Also I think fisher was already back at pg for the lakers when pau came in, I remember cause fisher thought they were booing him, on opening night, but they were booing kobe cause he said he wanted out during the summer.
Dwhite12 LA Slowtime

Ocala, FL

#60953 Feb 19, 2013
Metta World Peace was roused out of bed early this morning when police responded to a report of 4 armed men in the basketball star's condo complex ... TMZ has learned. Law enforcement sources tell us LAPD got a call around midnight about 4 guys -- 3 with handguns and one with a shotgun -- lurking around the LA Laker's westside home. We're told officers called out the suspects over a loudspeaker, and 2 men -- Metta's brother and cousin -- heard the commotion and came out to talk to cops. Only problem is ... we're told they didn't have any ID, so police handcuffed both men until they could make sure they weren't suspects. Sources say officers had to wake up Metta -- who quickly vouched for his brother and cousin, and both men were released. We're told Mr. World Peace was very "understanding and professional" ... naturally. TMZ.com
Read more at http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#PtqTRUueQsHEo...
Black Mamba

United States

#60954 Feb 19, 2013
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> At least kwame had a bit more class, smush is probably the worst laker of all time, where is he now? He had some potential, but he didn't like the NBA life style he didn't embrace it, he thought it was gonna be a fancier version of street ball, he go back to NY. When you call playing with kobe overrated , and your a scrub, you know your not made for the NBA.
Lol I couldn't believe he said that about Kobe after he carried their sorry asses to the playoffs. Magic was really high on this guy and he did a epic fail. You are right about Kwame and it wasn't his fault he was picked that high in the draft.
Black Mamba

United States

#60955 Feb 19, 2013
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> Also I think fisher was already back at pg for the lakers when pau came in, I remember cause fisher thought they were booing him, on opening night, but they were booing kobe cause he said he wanted out during the summer.
Yeah they brought Fisher back the same year they got Gasol if im not mistaking. I could be wrong because I sometimes forget lol. That team we had actually almost made it to the second round. I think we went up 3 games to 1 against the Suns and was one rebound away from winning the series.
Dwhite12 LA Slowtime

Ocala, FL

#60957 Feb 19, 2013
Lakers GM Mitch Kupchak said he won't trade Dwight Howard but that he is still taking calls before the trade deadline. He's just downplaying the possibilities. "It's unlikely that there will be an upgrade in the talent of this team. I just don't see how that's realistic," Kupchak said. "We'll continue to be on the phones and make calls, take calls and listen, but don't anticipate anything dramatic taking place in the next two days." Sulia
Dwhite12 LA Slowtime

Ocala, FL

#60958 Feb 19, 2013
Chris Broussard: Sources: New Orleans has made Eric Gordon available for trade. Trade not likely though as clubs concerned about EG's health going forward. Twitter @Chris_Broussard

Read more at http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#3xwjJihxypmUR...

good thing stern blocked the cp3 trade to the lakers so the hornets could get a young star in eric gordon as opposed to a solid package of proven players

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#60959 Feb 20, 2013
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text> Very sad day indeed and maybe the team will play a little harder after this. Jerry has done so much as a owner for this franchise. He has seen the best and the worst over the years. A lot of these players can never repay him for what he has done for them. Jerry you will be missed. RIP and Lakers 4 Life.
Even sadder for me is that only KB,Meta and Pau knew him personally, so I don't expect the rest of the Lakers to be motivated to play harder by this.

I expect L.A. to beat Boston cause they're home and they do better at home and emotions running high from the tribute to Dr.Buss that they will probably have before game starts.
But something to ignite them for the second half of season no I don't think so, plus this generation is not build like that.

That's something the 80's generation would do but not these new generations.

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

#60960 Feb 20, 2013
Dwhite12 LA Slowtime wrote:
Chris Broussard: Sources: New Orleans has made Eric Gordon available for trade. Trade not likely though as clubs concerned about EG's health going forward. Twitter @Chris_Broussard
good thing stern blocked the cp3 trade to the lakers so the hornets could get a young star in eric gordon as opposed to a solid package of proven players
I wonder what new Orleans is asking for Gordon, that could be nice pick up.
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#60961 Feb 20, 2013
Dwhite12 LA Slowtime wrote:
Seriously stern better stay out of LA, just watching kobe and paul play in the allstar game made me pissed, sorry but paul way better than nash, pau is hurt , old , banged up, emotional wreck, lakers knew what they were doing.....He actually came on the radio specifically to talk about Dr buss, but they did ask him if he talked to buss about the cp3 trade, he said he did and Buss understood his position, Yeah sure Dr. buss was not a whiny owner, he took the good with the bad. I am still trying to look for what good came out of not making the paul deal, I really cant think of a thing right now.
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#60962 Feb 20, 2013
You know how sad of a franchise the clippers are when there best player comes because of a blocked deal by stern, there whole season changed cause of that, and the clippers still dont get full credit for being that good, they dont get talked about as much as the lakers even today lol...man that is sad, the clippers should just die already, or merge with the lakers cause they are nothing more than a gum drop on a city painted purple and gold.
Black Mamba

United States

#60963 Feb 20, 2013
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
Even sadder for me is that only KB,Meta and Pau knew him personally, so I don't expect the rest of the Lakers to be motivated to play harder by this.
I expect L.A. to beat Boston cause they're home and they do better at home and emotions running high from the tribute to Dr.Buss that they will probably have before game starts.
But something to ignite them for the second half of season no I don't think so, plus this generation is not build like that.
That's something the 80's generation would do but not these new generations.
Omg damn I keep forgetting about this generation of players who are not self motivated like the players from back in the day. It is sad and I was just trying to find something positive in this dismal season. Like we have been saying we will make the playoffs, but who knows how they are going to act when they get there lol.
Black Mamba

United States

#60964 Feb 20, 2013
Showtime wrote:
You know how sad of a franchise the clippers are when there best player comes because of a blocked deal by stern, there whole season changed cause of that, and the clippers still dont get full credit for being that good, they dont get talked about as much as the lakers even today lol...man that is sad, the clippers should just die already, or merge with the lakers cause they are nothing more than a gum drop on a city painted purple and gold.
Lol I have been saying for years it must be torture to be a Clippers fans. Now they said the Clippers management is waiting on Chris Paul to tell them to go after Garnett? I must be missing something because I thought the management were the ones that made the deals lol. Also you know you are a sorry franchise when B list movie stars like Billy Crystal come to your games lol.
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#60965 Feb 20, 2013
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text> Lol I have been saying for years it must be torture to be a Clippers fans. Now they said the Clippers management is waiting on Chris Paul to tell them to go after Garnett? I must be missing something because I thought the management were the ones that made the deals lol. Also you know you are a sorry franchise when B list movie stars like Billy Crystal come to your games lol.
LOL exactly right about billy, no one cares about billy.... cippers should move out of LA but their owner loves LA he doesn't want to move, he doesn't care about the team very much. The clips don't have many true fans, maybe like 30 percent real fans, and the rest made up of band wagoners and laker haters. I am not just saying that out of my ass I can see even when the lakers today go into a "clippers home game" you hear loud cheers for the lakers, even till today! thats pathetic .
sammy

Etobicoke, Canada

#60966 Feb 20, 2013
_Jusayin_ wrote:
Yea football is in my blood. I'm British, my entire family is from Bristol, England. My father played for a lower league side back in the 50's and 60's. He got to meet George Best(best United player ever IMO)Allan Woodward and Dougdale. I actually got to play with Woody and Dougy on the semi-pro team I was on. Great honor it was for me.
Yea, JT is looking his age in for Chelsea. I wont be sad to see him go. ;)
Hahaha, football/soccer brawls man it doesn't get worse than those! In high school back in 1991 I believe there was a tournament a rival school held yearly and we went up there and whacked them in the finals. They didn't like that too much so their coach of all people talked smack to our toughest guy and tried to break his wrist while hand shaking at the end. Our guy after shouting at him to let him go actually broke his thumb another friend of mine racked their coach several times from behind, broke his face and several others were injured. It was mayhem. We made CNN but their coach lied to the school board and said our guy instigated it and we were banned from district play for a year. BS it was!
lol wow that was some Brawl Sayin. That makes 2 of us. I was born in Paddington London UK, immigrated to Canada at a young age but many relatives still that way and US. So I guess Football is in the blood for sure.
sammy

Etobicoke, Canada

#60967 Feb 20, 2013
_Jusayin_ wrote:
@Sammy - I actually didn't know Thompson was from your home town. That's cool.
MLS...I think the USA's forefathers wanted to de-identify so badly from England that football was doomed from the start here in America hence calling a sport that doesn't use feet except for punting and kicking(which most people don't care for those positions anyway)football which IMO is retarded but it worked and to this day trying to push soccer still hasn't worked. It did for a time when Pele played in NY but there was just so many people that didn't want the sport to succeed here.
You know in America we boast the best of everything. Wide open spaces, each state is unique and any kind of weather one can want but unless you're the Galaxy or the Red Bulls or even Seattle you just can't pack the stadiums to build a high quality team and meet multiple wage demands. It's sad.
Oh no doubt regarding MLS and success of the big three (LA NY Seattle) We have always been a sad state here. From the time they traded De Raserio we were done. We brought in Winters who was quite a player in his day and then Paul Mariner which was a flop too. We actually work closely with Toronto FC academy up here. Yea we know about Soccer in the US up here, hence why they (Americans) salivate looking for our guys to recruit for US colleges. Onthe other hand Soccer has improved quite a bit your way. I think Donovan has done alot too. Yes Tristan is from here. Went to a high school just down the road from me. Nicholson who plays for Orlando Magic is from the city just south of me. Mississauga which we surround Toronto(burbs). The number one recruited highschooler NBA bound is also from this area. Andrew Wiggans. Son of ex nbaer Mitchell Wiggans and Canadian Mother was an Olympic medallist some time ago . This kid is something at 15. Have a look.NBA Teams are already all over him.

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

#60968 Feb 20, 2013
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text> Omg damn I keep forgetting about this generation of players who are not self motivated like the players from back in the day. It is sad and I was just trying to find something positive in this dismal season. Like we have been saying we will make the playoffs, but who knows how they are going to act when they get there lol.
Ha ha ha sorry to bring down you hopes, not what I was trying to do...lol

It's just that this generation players are a different, you know.

I think they will make the playoffs, I don't think it will be cause they will have some extra inspiration from Dr. Buss dead, although the media will market it that way.

I think they have enough leadership/talent to get this team going they just need to get going and keep working on their team defense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NBA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mitch Kupchak says the Lakers need help everywh... 42 min thomas1897 1
News Ex-Grizzlies guardsigns with Cavaliers <... (Aug '08) 4 hr cathypearson 2
News Cavaliers dump Warriors to force Game 7 Jun 25 Go Blue Forever 5
News Igoudala In NBA Finals Spotlight As Warriors Lo... Jun 25 Browns Fan 3
Media Lunacy About LeBron James Jun 22 Media Lies 1
News What they're saying about Bulls draft pick Bobb... (Jun '15) Jun 20 Tretre 6
Congrats To Cleveland And Adam Silver For Arran... Jun 20 D Keefer 2
More from around the web