Since: Apr 08

Akron, Ohio

#60848 Feb 16, 2013
Wow, you guys have been busy! I saw this on ESPN last night watching this weekend's festivities. Thought this was relevant to your discussion:

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/sto...

“Timshel”

Since: Jan 12

Tulsa, OK

#60849 Feb 16, 2013
sam wrote:
<quoted text>OMG Sayin!!!!!. Dude we have alot in common. Iam a huge Man U fan and love soccer. In fact I coach it up here.

F'n sweet! I knew I liked you Sammy! Remember though, you can't say "Man U" if you're a true fan. Did you watch them vs. Real in the week? I was sweating Welbeck being in but boy did he come through. What a result there us!

What age group and level are you coaching?
sam wrote:
<quoted text>You can't say it enough. I too also watched on the super station WGN and truly miss Johmmy Red Kerr's play by play. Thats exactly what I was trying to say. No one will ever feel those clutch situations. Yes I was standing up yelling literally and consistently. I don't have that same feel today(sometimes).
Ah man, those were some times weren't they!? I got kicked out of 2 bars during the Bulls-Jazz finals and one bar the owner was good friends with my father too! I was probably a little too passionate and a lot drunk.
sam wrote:
<quoted text>You can't say 90's were gloom and MJ was lucky. No way. Glad you understand, some don't because they never lived it. I alo lived through the Dr J , another guy who changed the game. If it wasn't for him I would not have received a scholorship to Niagara University. I tried to copy his game. However I blew out my knees. I can only imagine kids who looked up to tried to copy MJ, by then I was done and resorted to pick up games as the knees reduced my spped. Oh well thanks for that.
Yea, I can't agree with what some say about the 90's being that way especially when most never truly watched the NBA then. Dr. J oh yea, without him arguably there's no MJ. What you took from Dr. J I took from MJ and did the same. B-Ball is what lead to me rupturing multiple discs. I couldn't just play b-ball for fun, I had to win everytime and I thought playing through pain was the "manly" thing to do. Boy, was I wrong. Sorry to hear about your knee man...I had a buddy that blew out his knee right in front of me...Horrific.

“Timshel”

Tulsa, OK

#60850 Feb 16, 2013
sam wrote:
<quoted text> Remember it well. Always wore the North Carolina shorts underneath for luck thats why you couldn't see them because he had more length than any other player. Only to find others were doing it. Then came all black shoes , ta da other teams started doing it. Shaved head, other players started doing it. Shall I go on? Yes like the commercial said.
Haha, Go on Sammy don't stop!

“Timshel”

Tulsa, OK

#60851 Feb 16, 2013
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text> You bring up some excellent points on your post especially how the game had changed over the years. I had no problem with Jordan, but Kobe is my favorite player of all time. Their games are very similar and the only things Kobe had over Jordan was better footwork and a better 3 point shot. Jordan fans don't like to hear that at all and some of them are mad because Kobe is only one ring behind him lol. Lebron is the best player in the NBA, but his fans get mad at me when I say he won't have a better career than Kobe. Even Jordan said in recent interview that 5 is better than 1. Sometimes fans forget that you become a bigger legend when you win titles. I always tell Lebron fans that he won't get 5 rings. I really don't see it. It's my opinion, but I guess they know it may be true because they forgot about the whole picture about a overall career.
You're right, Kobe does have better footwork, a better jump shot and a better 3pt shot than MJ. If Kobe could just get there mentally with MJ and then actually make those around him better like MJ OMG Kobe would be the standard. Yea, I want Kobe to get as many as he can and what I respect about Kobe is he's not afraid to challenge the greatness of those before him while respecting them and the game in the process.

LBJ Mamba...the way that guy is playing...if he can stay in that zone? Wow, LBJ right now is a MJ/Magic/Shaq hybrid. The NBA might just have to allow the Jordan rules to stop LBJ in the future. He's a monster now and he might just get 5 and there's tons of speculation he might just come to the Lakers and get a couple too.:)
sam

Acton, Canada

#60852 Feb 16, 2013
_Jusayin_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, Kobe does have better footwork, a better jump shot and a better 3pt shot than MJ. If Kobe could just get there mentally with MJ and then actually make those around him better like MJ OMG Kobe would be the standard. Yea, I want Kobe to get as many as he can and what I respect about Kobe is he's not afraid to challenge the greatness of those before him while respecting them and the game in the process.
LBJ Mamba...the way that guy is playing...if he can stay in that zone? Wow, LBJ right now is a MJ/Magic/Shaq hybrid. The NBA might just have to allow the Jordan rules to stop LBJ in the future. He's a monster now and he might just get 5 and there's tons of speculation he might just come to the Lakers and get a couple too.:)
Thats what I wanted to say. Mentally get others to play as a team. Thats huge. Thats what the Lakers may need now. We see finger pointing ok fine but what are you doing as a team with what you have.
sam

Acton, Canada

#60853 Feb 16, 2013
_Jusayin_ wrote:
<quoted text>
F'n sweet! I knew I liked you Sammy! Remember though, you can't say "Man U" if you're a true fan. Did you watch them vs. Real in the week? I was sweating Welbeck being in but boy did he come through. What a result there us!
What age group and level are you coaching?
<quoted text>
Ah man, those were some times weren't they!? I got kicked out of 2 bars during the Bulls-Jazz finals and one bar the owner was good friends with my father too! I was probably a little too passionate and a lot drunk.
<quoted text>
Yea, I can't agree with what some say about the 90's being that way especially when most never truly watched the NBA then. Dr. J oh yea, without him arguably there's no MJ. What you took from Dr. J I took from MJ and did the same. B-Ball is what lead to me rupturing multiple discs. I couldn't just play b-ball for fun, I had to win everytime and I thought playing through pain was the "manly" thing to do. Boy, was I wrong. Sorry to hear about your knee man...I had a buddy that blew out his knee right in front of me...Horrific.
Whoops Manchester United sorry. Yes I caught the game this week. Iam glad to see Van Persie in the line up this year. My cousin here was offered a try out and heading to the academy system with Sunderland. I coach(ass't) Under 16's here at the highest level here. Many of our boys are heading for scholorships. Plus non stop scouts. We just lost 2 boys to Bologna FC who took them to Italy. USA colleges are always up here taking many players. Soccer is huge here due to the diversity and Euro influence. The english league has also finally recognized the talent level here. The negative is typical politics.
As for the knee yea torn ACL, those days you were literally under a knife, there was no scope methods. I experienced alot of fluid build in my knees as well and every so often had them drained. Iam not sure how far I could have gone because competition was fierce. Not many Canadians we recognized like today. So I doubt I would have gone anywhere anyway. I was more anxious to start working then 4yrs of school , although I majored in Marketing up here. DrJ what can I say. man I had one of those portable nets that you stuck on the back of a door using a nerf ball. As a kid I really thought I was him and practising the finger tip roll over and over. Something we don't see today.Dr J was huge inspiration. I did get the opportunity to meet him at an exhibition game here in Toronto long before Raptors existed. I travelled to Buffalo Braves games(now clippersd)(1hr away) and caught some games so I had that opportunity to witness some of the best of best. Bob Mcadoo/Randy Smith were the Braves' stars back then.My second player I followed closely before MJ was Adrian Dantley. By far underated but dude had a stutter step down low that no one could stop. He was shafted by Zeke when he played for pistons. Zeke ruined him by requesting Muffin man Mark Acquire to come in. oh well I could go on. If I missed anything let me know.

“Timshel”

Tulsa, OK

#60854 Feb 16, 2013
_Jusayin_ wrote:
<quoted text>Remember though, you can't say "Man U" if you're a true fan.
My apologies Sammy, that didn't come out right. Who am I to say if you're a true fan or not...?

Please read this and you'll see what I should have said. Again I apologize.

http://manutdpeople.com/Thread-Why-We-Don-t-S...
Sam

Acton, Canada

#60855 Feb 16, 2013
Funny as I thought of Dantley.The stutter step he had was a forward motion quite similar to today's step back only the opposite way. I don't know how Dantley did it without any travel calls. Now thats the kind of guy I appreciated and was so happy when made it to the Hall of Fame.You have to really appreciate other guys then the famous names who get no credit. Mitch Richmond was another in my old time list. Ok sorry back to modern era.
Sam

Acton, Canada

#60856 Feb 16, 2013
_Jusayin_ wrote:
<quoted text>
My apologies Sammy, that didn't come out right. Who am I to say if you're a true fan or not...?
hahahah no worries due,
Sam

Acton, Canada

#60857 Feb 16, 2013
dude
Sam

Acton, Canada

#60858 Feb 16, 2013
_Jusayin_ wrote:
<quoted text>
LOl regarding the thread. It s like my visit last year to England. My Uncle took me to Arsenal stadium in North London and pointed out. Don't be calling my team the Gunners. In England real Arsenal fans call them Gooners.
Man they take their Football serious over there. I was in the subway and heard Chelsea and Fulham fans going at it. Basketball and North American football have nothing on soccer. We discuss salaries here and trading. Have a look at a soccer player's salary. not to mention value of the team. I believe Manachester United(hence the correction) has to be worth close to 2 million, although owned by Americans if Iam not mistaken. Hey did you hear Beckham just signed to a Paris team. Makes his millions in LA retires and comes back in Europe. Just as I thought.
Sam

Acton, Canada

#60859 Feb 16, 2013
correction 2 Billion
Sam

Acton, Canada

#60860 Feb 16, 2013
My takes is throw in Alan Anderson,he a train wreck anyway. Freeup more money. I did predict a deal with the Bobcats may occur. They ha a few god hidden player and yes MJ has to do soething.

@ESPNSteinLine: All-Star Weekend trade rumble: Charlotte's growing determination to move Ben Gordon has presented Toronto w/another Andrea Bargnani suitor

@ESPNSteinLine: Sense I get, though, is that Toronto ain't gonna bite on Bargs-for-Gordon deal. Raps have Terrence Ross & Alan Anderson playing well there

@ESPNSteinLine: Gordon easier to take back $-wise than Boozer w/one less year on deal, but Raps unlikely to just trade ex-No. 1 overall pick for sake of it
Sam

Acton, Canada

#60861 Feb 16, 2013
man Topix is really screwing with me today. Can't spell worth sh*t
Sam

Acton, Canada

#60862 Feb 16, 2013
@Show, Don't know if you remember Cabbie from Toronto and Kobe. Look on right side and click on Allstar feature, Seems Kobe has a new friend hanging out with him(to the right)Could this be your answer? Perhaps a bonding sesson before whats to come? Whats with Kobe's scarf anyway?
lmao
http://www.tsn.ca/cabbiepresents/ #
Sam

Acton, Canada

#60863 Feb 16, 2013
Sayin , I know you will like this article. Telling players what you are goig to do next and choking them? wow. Un heard of...ballsy too

http://deadspin.com/5984767/im-gonna-tell-you...
Black Mamba

United States

#60864 Feb 16, 2013
sam wrote:
Dell. Now lets hope Raptor's Landry Fieds doesn't pull a big head ove on this fox. He proposed on valentines day.
http://www.terezowens.com/landry-fields-datin...
Wow and like I always say all marriages have a 50/50 chance of surviving. I hope he is ready because it's like another full time job lol.
Black Mamba

United States

#60865 Feb 16, 2013
sam wrote:
<quoted text> So the coach is responsible for injuries?
Lol come on bro you know he didn't cause those injuries. His coaching can cause a migraine though.
Sam

Acton, Canada

#60866 Feb 16, 2013
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text> Wow and like I always say all marriages have a 50/50 chance of surviving. I hope he is ready because it's like another full time job lol.
In many ways. He has a trophy thats work alone
Sam

Acton, Canada

#60867 Feb 16, 2013
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text> Lol come on bro you know he didn't cause those injuries. His coaching can cause a migraine though.
hahahaha yea I guess a migraine is an injury.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NBA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Nick Young likely to miss rest of season for La... 10 hr tom wingo 4
News Stephen Curry, a Warrior with a golden touch, i... 21 hr tom wingo 2
News NBA: Derrick Rose lifts Bulls past Cavs 21 hr tom wingo 2
News NBA Rumors: Adam Silver Preparing to Ban Hack-a... Apr 25 tom wingo 3
News Curry, Warriors use stunning comeback to beat P... Apr 24 tom wingo 2
News What is the Sixers' Ideal Pick Position? Apr 16 tom wingo 2
News Tears, anger mark 1st anniversary of SKorean fe... Apr 16 Brady Chub Club 1
More from around the web