United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

sam wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Dell. I respect your appreciation for Kobe and same with the others. However something I never see when you guys comment is mental or struggles to achieve. Its always about , 3's fade aways etc.. You have to put yourself in their everyday shoes. Mental comes way before ability in anything you do in Life. I also think all this talk about rings and who has more or less is just talk. In fact , what does Jordan care really. Hes making his coin regardless . He still had and has the lime lite. I don't even listen to all that crap because its all a big show for media to create discussions like this. Jordan could say Manute Bol was the best center ever and people would go into a frenzy and actually believe it. Thats how powerful , yet stupid people are getting caught up in it.Far as I see it, its what you know today but don't take (not you necessarily you)what he achieved because of shorts and hand checking. Anyway as Show said, we could go on all day. Plus we have been down this road countless times. Suggestion don't watch ESPN..lol
You see I only said Kobe was better than Jordan only with footwork and 3 point shooting. The rest of his game is unmatched by many in my opinion. Jordans mentality is better than Kobe and Lebrons combined. Sorry Sam you have to bring the championships in the conversation because that's what every player is playing for. Jordan wouldn't be the best if he didn't have those 6 rings. Kobe wouldn't be the 2nd best shooting guard of all time if he didn't have some rings. I look at a overall career, but certain players with a certain pedigree you have to say what has he done in title scene. Has im not that type of person to let espn or the media brainwash or Pisa me off lol. You can't take anything away from Jordan. His career may be unmatched and there is nothing wrong with that.
sam

Brampton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

God dealing with old age is tough these days. Ho Hum

"If I ever get that call," Grover said, "I was going to be prepared for it. And I am."

Fifty pages inside a binder sit on Grover's desk inside his suburban Chicago home now, information and studies and research and innovations into regenerating the muscle fibers and anti-aging advances and nutrition. From his trips to Europe and Asia and the Far East, Grover has incorporated a small library of intelligence backed with the most intimate knowledge of Jordan's body and mind and drive to create a program that awaits the comeback of all comebacks at 50 years old.

"There's no doubt in my mind, that right now, Michael is still the best player on the Charlotte Bobcats," Grover said.

Yet, Jordan played well enough in those Wizards years to drop 40 points at 40 years old, and Grover truly wonders: Could he do 50 at 50?

"I'll be ready for him," Grover says.
sam

Brampton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text> You see I only said Kobe was better than Jordan only with footwork and 3 point shooting. The rest of his game is unmatched by many in my opinion. Jordans mentality is better than Kobe and Lebrons combined. Sorry Sam you have to bring the championships in the conversation because that's what every player is playing for. Jordan wouldn't be the best if he didn't have those 6 rings. Kobe wouldn't be the 2nd best shooting guard of all time if he didn't have some rings. I look at a overall career, but certain players with a certain pedigree you have to say what has he done in title scene. Has im not that type of person to let espn or the media brainwash or Pisa me off lol. You can't take anything away from Jordan. His career may be unmatched and there is nothing wrong with that.
Well said, Best be known too how he achieved those rings. With a break in between. Who else has done that? I agree Jordan was not known for 3's really. Foot work not sure about that one.
Black Mamba

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

sam wrote:
<quoted text>Hmm maybe then again this is where mental comes in too. Things can be achieved if everyone is on the same page and vying for a common goal. Do we really know what goes on behind the scenes? do these guys even get along? is it so bad now that moral has eaten away through the entire organization? these are questions that should be addressed too. Not just D'antoni. Sure its easy to blame the coach. In my opinion, Howard has no biz on this team. Thats a huge problem right there. We already know that he was the attraction in Lando and stats were obviously better. Coming to the Lakers posed another story. Ah Iam sure you already know.
You are right bout not knowing what goes on behind the scene, but we can only go by what we what see. Losing can kill you mentally especially when you are not able to stop the bleeding like you want to. I just think Howard is not 100 % this year and you can tell. I want to see what he can do for this team when he is completely healthy. Trust me it's wearing on him with the comments and injuries, but he knows he can do more if he was completely healthy. Coaching and injuries can kill any team no matter who is on the team.
sam

Brampton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Sayin... this is what I was refering to. Maybe LBJ will get there. But comparing him to MJ ..no way.LBJ proved it once but he is nowhere near.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
sam

Brampton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text> You are right bout not knowing what goes on behind the scene, but we can only go by what we what see. Losing can kill you mentally especially when you are not able to stop the bleeding like you want to. I just think Howard is not 100 % this year and you can tell. I want to see what he can do for this team when he is completely healthy. Trust me it's wearing on him with the comments and injuries, but he knows he can do more if he was completely healthy. Coaching and injuries can kill any team no matter who is on the team.
So the coach is responsible for injuries?

“Timshel”

Since: Jan 12

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait I can say the say thing about you....LOL
You sent me to google, I watched video from the 1992 finals mj had no long shorts, video of webber 1992/1993 rookie season long baggy shorts and you still telling me that he did only after MJ changed?
Webber wore his baggy shorts in Michigan duding his 1992 college season.
This is recorded on video.
Now who thinks his always right?...HA HA HA
Is not that I think I'm right it's on video!...lol
Ok, but I have never come out as you have to me and basically said "you're wrong, I'm right". I also don't mind being wrong especially if I'm going to learn from it but facts are facts here and this is the last I'll say about this to you; In 1989 while CWebb was still in HIGH SCHOOL is when MJ started wearing the baggier, longer shorts in the NBA. He is widely considered to be the FIRST in the NBA to do it. Sorry Renault, but I highly doubt MJ took his fashion queues from a high school kid as MJ has always been a trendsetter.

And for the record, just because you actually went on Google doesn't mean you know how to use it. Nobody asked you to reference a video from 1992-93 when it all started in 1988-89. That's on you.

“Timshel”

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> You had to get that off your chest didn't you lol...Look your entitled to your opinion, I am a reasonable person or at least I like to think so, I think it safe to say we are both a bit biased, we are only human so it happens that is why debates go on. Jordan came first so by the time kobe started to get good they already had a blue print in mind on how to stop kobe, maybe that is why kobe shoots 3s more than jordan does. Well obviously JOrdans numbers look nicer, his career looks nicer and it always will, but I think it certainly has something to do with the slower shorter players he went against, they say speed kills for a reason, pick your poison today. Jordan could hand check, todays guys cant, so it was easier for JOrdan to play defense, thats the flip side of it, Jordan was so far superior in his day its just not fair to go based on careers but you do as you please. The nba changed the rules to allow more flow on the offense, for the entertainment value.
Last thing, I can't take away who jordan is, or what he did he was excellent, but i can question his competition and that is not his fault, but I do blame the media for over hyping players to the point where it gets ridiculous, and people are scared to even approach saying anyone is better than Jordan. If I had to start a team it be Magic johnson that be my guy, but that is a whole other story, point is I dont think ther is a GOAT just in our own little opinions, there is no right or wrong.
Haha! Yes I did Show and thanks for entertaining me and as I said I understand you're a bit tired of hearing about this topic so I will respect your opinion and not badger you with things MJ.

Since: Apr 08

Akron, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Wow, you guys have been busy! I saw this on ESPN last night watching this weekend's festivities. Thought this was relevant to your discussion:

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/sto...

“Timshel”

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

sam wrote:
<quoted text>OMG Sayin!!!!!. Dude we have alot in common. Iam a huge Man U fan and love soccer. In fact I coach it up here.

F'n sweet! I knew I liked you Sammy! Remember though, you can't say "Man U" if you're a true fan. Did you watch them vs. Real in the week? I was sweating Welbeck being in but boy did he come through. What a result there us!

What age group and level are you coaching?
sam wrote:
<quoted text>You can't say it enough. I too also watched on the super station WGN and truly miss Johmmy Red Kerr's play by play. Thats exactly what I was trying to say. No one will ever feel those clutch situations. Yes I was standing up yelling literally and consistently. I don't have that same feel today(sometimes).
Ah man, those were some times weren't they!? I got kicked out of 2 bars during the Bulls-Jazz finals and one bar the owner was good friends with my father too! I was probably a little too passionate and a lot drunk.
sam wrote:
<quoted text>You can't say 90's were gloom and MJ was lucky. No way. Glad you understand, some don't because they never lived it. I alo lived through the Dr J , another guy who changed the game. If it wasn't for him I would not have received a scholorship to Niagara University. I tried to copy his game. However I blew out my knees. I can only imagine kids who looked up to tried to copy MJ, by then I was done and resorted to pick up games as the knees reduced my spped. Oh well thanks for that.
Yea, I can't agree with what some say about the 90's being that way especially when most never truly watched the NBA then. Dr. J oh yea, without him arguably there's no MJ. What you took from Dr. J I took from MJ and did the same. B-Ball is what lead to me rupturing multiple discs. I couldn't just play b-ball for fun, I had to win everytime and I thought playing through pain was the "manly" thing to do. Boy, was I wrong. Sorry to hear about your knee man...I had a buddy that blew out his knee right in front of me...Horrific.

“Timshel”

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

sam wrote:
<quoted text> Remember it well. Always wore the North Carolina shorts underneath for luck thats why you couldn't see them because he had more length than any other player. Only to find others were doing it. Then came all black shoes , ta da other teams started doing it. Shaved head, other players started doing it. Shall I go on? Yes like the commercial said.
Haha, Go on Sammy don't stop!

“Timshel”

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text> You bring up some excellent points on your post especially how the game had changed over the years. I had no problem with Jordan, but Kobe is my favorite player of all time. Their games are very similar and the only things Kobe had over Jordan was better footwork and a better 3 point shot. Jordan fans don't like to hear that at all and some of them are mad because Kobe is only one ring behind him lol. Lebron is the best player in the NBA, but his fans get mad at me when I say he won't have a better career than Kobe. Even Jordan said in recent interview that 5 is better than 1. Sometimes fans forget that you become a bigger legend when you win titles. I always tell Lebron fans that he won't get 5 rings. I really don't see it. It's my opinion, but I guess they know it may be true because they forgot about the whole picture about a overall career.
You're right, Kobe does have better footwork, a better jump shot and a better 3pt shot than MJ. If Kobe could just get there mentally with MJ and then actually make those around him better like MJ OMG Kobe would be the standard. Yea, I want Kobe to get as many as he can and what I respect about Kobe is he's not afraid to challenge the greatness of those before him while respecting them and the game in the process.

LBJ Mamba...the way that guy is playing...if he can stay in that zone? Wow, LBJ right now is a MJ/Magic/Shaq hybrid. The NBA might just have to allow the Jordan rules to stop LBJ in the future. He's a monster now and he might just get 5 and there's tons of speculation he might just come to the Lakers and get a couple too.:)
sam

Brampton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

_Jusayin_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, Kobe does have better footwork, a better jump shot and a better 3pt shot than MJ. If Kobe could just get there mentally with MJ and then actually make those around him better like MJ OMG Kobe would be the standard. Yea, I want Kobe to get as many as he can and what I respect about Kobe is he's not afraid to challenge the greatness of those before him while respecting them and the game in the process.
LBJ Mamba...the way that guy is playing...if he can stay in that zone? Wow, LBJ right now is a MJ/Magic/Shaq hybrid. The NBA might just have to allow the Jordan rules to stop LBJ in the future. He's a monster now and he might just get 5 and there's tons of speculation he might just come to the Lakers and get a couple too.:)
Thats what I wanted to say. Mentally get others to play as a team. Thats huge. Thats what the Lakers may need now. We see finger pointing ok fine but what are you doing as a team with what you have.
sam

Brampton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

_Jusayin_ wrote:
<quoted text>
F'n sweet! I knew I liked you Sammy! Remember though, you can't say "Man U" if you're a true fan. Did you watch them vs. Real in the week? I was sweating Welbeck being in but boy did he come through. What a result there us!
What age group and level are you coaching?
<quoted text>
Ah man, those were some times weren't they!? I got kicked out of 2 bars during the Bulls-Jazz finals and one bar the owner was good friends with my father too! I was probably a little too passionate and a lot drunk.
<quoted text>
Yea, I can't agree with what some say about the 90's being that way especially when most never truly watched the NBA then. Dr. J oh yea, without him arguably there's no MJ. What you took from Dr. J I took from MJ and did the same. B-Ball is what lead to me rupturing multiple discs. I couldn't just play b-ball for fun, I had to win everytime and I thought playing through pain was the "manly" thing to do. Boy, was I wrong. Sorry to hear about your knee man...I had a buddy that blew out his knee right in front of me...Horrific.
Whoops Manchester United sorry. Yes I caught the game this week. Iam glad to see Van Persie in the line up this year. My cousin here was offered a try out and heading to the academy system with Sunderland. I coach(ass't) Under 16's here at the highest level here. Many of our boys are heading for scholorships. Plus non stop scouts. We just lost 2 boys to Bologna FC who took them to Italy. USA colleges are always up here taking many players. Soccer is huge here due to the diversity and Euro influence. The english league has also finally recognized the talent level here. The negative is typical politics.
As for the knee yea torn ACL, those days you were literally under a knife, there was no scope methods. I experienced alot of fluid build in my knees as well and every so often had them drained. Iam not sure how far I could have gone because competition was fierce. Not many Canadians we recognized like today. So I doubt I would have gone anywhere anyway. I was more anxious to start working then 4yrs of school , although I majored in Marketing up here. DrJ what can I say. man I had one of those portable nets that you stuck on the back of a door using a nerf ball. As a kid I really thought I was him and practising the finger tip roll over and over. Something we don't see today.Dr J was huge inspiration. I did get the opportunity to meet him at an exhibition game here in Toronto long before Raptors existed. I travelled to Buffalo Braves games(now clippersd)(1hr away) and caught some games so I had that opportunity to witness some of the best of best. Bob Mcadoo/Randy Smith were the Braves' stars back then.My second player I followed closely before MJ was Adrian Dantley. By far underated but dude had a stutter step down low that no one could stop. He was shafted by Zeke when he played for pistons. Zeke ruined him by requesting Muffin man Mark Acquire to come in. oh well I could go on. If I missed anything let me know.

“Timshel”

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

_Jusayin_ wrote:
<quoted text>Remember though, you can't say "Man U" if you're a true fan.
My apologies Sammy, that didn't come out right. Who am I to say if you're a true fan or not...?

Please read this and you'll see what I should have said. Again I apologize.

http://manutdpeople.com/Thread-Why-We-Don-t-S...
Sam

Brampton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Funny as I thought of Dantley.The stutter step he had was a forward motion quite similar to today's step back only the opposite way. I don't know how Dantley did it without any travel calls. Now thats the kind of guy I appreciated and was so happy when made it to the Hall of Fame.You have to really appreciate other guys then the famous names who get no credit. Mitch Richmond was another in my old time list. Ok sorry back to modern era.
Sam

Brampton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

_Jusayin_ wrote:
<quoted text>
My apologies Sammy, that didn't come out right. Who am I to say if you're a true fan or not...?
Please read this and you'll see what I should have said. Again I apologize.
http://manutdpeople.com/Thread-Why-We-Don-t-S...
hahahah no worries due,
Sam

Brampton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

dude

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the NBA Basketball Forum right now

Search the NBA Basketball Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Sports Illustrated catches flak for LeBron Jame... 3 hr fred 3
3-Year-Old Critically Injured following Chicago... 14 hr reality is a crutch 1
NBA Finals all even, though games haven't been,... (Jun '13) 17 hr go now 3
LeBron James leads Heat offense in 114-96 Game ... (May '13) 17 hr where 3
LeBron Putting Up Unreal Numbers (Apr '13) 17 hr go now 4
LeBron James Gets Royal Treatment, Causes Stir (Aug '13) 17 hr dsffg 2
Lebron James Says He Chooses Not to Lead the NB... (Dec '12) 17 hr dfsg 22
•••
•••