sam

Acton, Canada

#60828 Feb 16, 2013
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you are wrong that, Shaq and Webber are the one credit for that,not MJ
Hold on a sec RR. I can't answer for Sayin. However , would taking a measure stick help? the point Sayin is making is the pants ere not exactly Speedos that we were acustomed to at that time. Jordan wore another pair of shorts underneath. Naturally his shorts had to be either wider of longer. Granted yes the other dudes you mention took it to another level. So theres no wrong or right. If shorts is such a big issue, I might as well start saying it was Wilt who wore a thicker head band than Howard. Does it matter?
Black Mamba

United States

#60829 Feb 16, 2013
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah I heard most of it, I personally don't have a problem with Jalen, I don't really think hes a hater, cause hes said plenty of good things about the lakers when they were good, but I find him extremely boring, hes done radio and good god that dude has no personality whats so ever. I disagree with him, I don't think anything will stop the lakers from getting a new head coach if they feel D'antoni is not right for the team. Lakers have put themselves in very difficult position, either D'antoni goes, or you have to get rid of metta, possibly pau, and howard all because you want to see a fast paced offense for better show, I think in the end the lakers will realize their mistake and fix it, at least I hope.
My worst fear is losing both Bynum and Howard in back to back years. Lakers have do something to clean this up because when Kobe retires they have to have someone to build around for years to come. Some of the young players they let go over the years kinda made me shake my head. I really wanted to keep Shannon Brown, Trevor Ariza etc. If Kobe, Howard, Gasol are all gone then we may end up like the Celtics having to wait 22 years for another title lol. That's a long time Show and imagine out of those 22 years 16 you don't make the playoffs and 6 you are out in the first round. Im not saying it will happen, but it sounds like a nightmare when you do bone headed decisions and trades.
sam

Acton, Canada

#60830 Feb 16, 2013
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text> You bring up some excellent points on your post especially how the game had changed over the years. I had no problem with Jordan, but Kobe is my favorite player of all time. Their games are very similar and the only things Kobe had over Jordan was better footwork and a better 3 point shot. Jordan fans don't like to hear that at all and some of them are mad because Kobe is only one ring behind him lol. Lebron is the best player in the NBA, but his fans get mad at me when I say he won't have a better career than Kobe. Even Jordan said in recent interview that 5 is better than 1. Sometimes fans forget that you become a bigger legend when you win titles. I always tell Lebron fans that he won't get 5 rings. I really don't see it. It's my opinion, but I guess they know it may be true because they forgot about the whole picture about a overall career.
Hey Dell. I respect your appreciation for Kobe and same with the others. However something I never see when you guys comment is mental or struggles to achieve. Its always about , 3's fade aways etc.. You have to put yourself in their everyday shoes. Mental comes way before ability in anything you do in Life. I also think all this talk about rings and who has more or less is just talk. In fact , what does Jordan care really. Hes making his coin regardless . He still had and has the lime lite. I don't even listen to all that crap because its all a big show for media to create discussions like this. Jordan could say Manute Bol was the best center ever and people would go into a frenzy and actually believe it. Thats how powerful , yet stupid people are getting caught up in it.Far as I see it, its what you know today but don't take (not you necessarily you)what he achieved because of shorts and hand checking. Anyway as Show said, we could go on all day. Plus we have been down this road countless times. Suggestion don't watch ESPN..lol
sam

Acton, Canada

#60831 Feb 16, 2013
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text> I want the west to win, but I have a feeling the easy will win. The MVP will be Queen Lebrick James. Isn't the 3 point shootout tonight also? I got Steve Discount Double Deck Check Novak winning that. I wonder what the help they are going to be jumping over his year in the slam dunk contest? It's gonna suck because they are running out of ideas.
Yea everything has been done over the years which is why its becoming stale. Dunking is an art that happens unexpectantly in some cases and thats exciting. However to think before you dunk is not the same. I think Mr.Curry will win 3 point and either Tross or white for Dunk. I will be missing it anyway, coaching a game tonight. Will catch reruns later.
Black Mamba

United States

#60832 Feb 16, 2013
rrenault wrote:
I was hearing on the radio, Jalen Rose talking about
the Lakers moving Howard before the trade deadline.
Lakers keeping D'antoni at the end of the season,keeping Pau if he wants to stay.
I'm sorry but he talk some much bs, he made some good points to back up his crap.
Lakers paying brown's salary and now how he doesn't see the Lakers getting into a contract with new coach.
I believe he could be right as long as the Lakers move Howard before the trade deadline.
If they keep him I don't know, it may come down on
who they want to build around the coach or the player unless they managed to convince Howard to give D'antoni another shot.
I personally don't like most of what comes out Jalen mouth, most of the time it doesn't make sense, but he sells it like no other.
Plus if Mitch was being honest about what he said in his interview, I don't think the Lakers will make a move on the core of the team which according to him is Pau, Kobe, Nash and Howard.
But he did hint that role players are a possibility.
I hope they don't make a move at this point because that core right there can win you a title WITH the right coach. We all know how we felt when we first hired him lol. It wouldn't mind making a move to get better bench production though because we can try to salvage this pitiful season with a possible playoff birth despite the bad coaching, injuries, media jokes and fighting etc. Jalan may be still upset about his finals lost to the Lakers back in 2000 lol.
sam

Acton, Canada

#60833 Feb 16, 2013
rrenault wrote:
I was hearing on the radio, Jalen Rose talking about
the Lakers moving Howard before the trade deadline.
Lakers keeping D'antoni at the end of the season,keeping Pau if he wants to stay.
I'm sorry but he talk some much bs, he made some good points to back up his crap.
Lakers paying brown's salary and now d'antoni how he doesn't see the Lakers getting into a contract with new coach.
I believe he could be right as long as the Lakers move Howard before the trade deadline.
If they keep him I don't know, it may come down on
who they want to build around the coach or the player unless they managed to convince Howard to give D'antoni another shot.
I personally don't like most of what comes out Jalen mouth, most of the time it doesn't make sense, but he sells it like no other.
Plus if Mitch was being honest about what he said in his interview, I don't think the Lakers will make a move on the core of the team which according to him is Pau, Kobe, Nash and Howard.
But he did hint that role players are a possibility.
I mentioned that earlier RR. You been thrugh 2 coaches in a short span. I don't know but coach jumping may not be good for the franchise. Besides looking from the outside in, I would say its team chemistry the biggest factor. Perhaps this time they could be looking at building a team around a coach instead of the other way around. If this is in fact true its quite obvious thats what they are doing.
sam

Acton, Canada

#60834 Feb 16, 2013
*through*
sam

Acton, Canada

#60835 Feb 16, 2013
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text> I hope they don't make a move at this point because that core right there can win you a title WITH the right coach. We all know how we felt when we first hired him lol. It wouldn't mind making a move to get better bench production though because we can try to salvage this pitiful season with a possible playoff birth despite the bad coaching, injuries, media jokes and fighting etc. Jalan may be still upset about his finals lost to the Lakers back in 2000 lol.
Hmm maybe then again this is where mental comes in too. Things can be achieved if everyone is on the same page and vying for a common goal. Do we really know what goes on behind the scenes? do these guys even get along? is it so bad now that moral has eaten away through the entire organization? these are questions that should be addressed too. Not just D'antoni. Sure its easy to blame the coach. In my opinion, Howard has no biz on this team. Thats a huge problem right there. We already know that he was the attraction in Lando and stats were obviously better. Coming to the Lakers posed another story. Ah Iam sure you already know.
sam

Acton, Canada

#60836 Feb 16, 2013
Lawd Jesus thank you. I'd rather keep Bargnni.

A league source said talks with the Raptors regarding a potential Carlos Boozer for Andrea Bargnani trade have ended and it's unlikely Boozer will be moved before Thursday's trade deadline.
sam

Acton, Canada

#60837 Feb 16, 2013
Dell. Now lets hope Raptor's Landry Fieds doesn't pull a big head ove on this fox. He proposed on valentines day.

http://www.terezowens.com/landry-fields-datin...
sam

Acton, Canada

#60838 Feb 16, 2013
*move*
sam

Acton, Canada

#60839 Feb 16, 2013
Google Elaine Alden ..dell ..careful..lol
Black Mamba

United States

#60840 Feb 16, 2013
sam wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Dell. I respect your appreciation for Kobe and same with the others. However something I never see when you guys comment is mental or struggles to achieve. Its always about , 3's fade aways etc.. You have to put yourself in their everyday shoes. Mental comes way before ability in anything you do in Life. I also think all this talk about rings and who has more or less is just talk. In fact , what does Jordan care really. Hes making his coin regardless . He still had and has the lime lite. I don't even listen to all that crap because its all a big show for media to create discussions like this. Jordan could say Manute Bol was the best center ever and people would go into a frenzy and actually believe it. Thats how powerful , yet stupid people are getting caught up in it.Far as I see it, its what you know today but don't take (not you necessarily you)what he achieved because of shorts and hand checking. Anyway as Show said, we could go on all day. Plus we have been down this road countless times. Suggestion don't watch ESPN..lol
You see I only said Kobe was better than Jordan only with footwork and 3 point shooting. The rest of his game is unmatched by many in my opinion. Jordans mentality is better than Kobe and Lebrons combined. Sorry Sam you have to bring the championships in the conversation because that's what every player is playing for. Jordan wouldn't be the best if he didn't have those 6 rings. Kobe wouldn't be the 2nd best shooting guard of all time if he didn't have some rings. I look at a overall career, but certain players with a certain pedigree you have to say what has he done in title scene. Has im not that type of person to let espn or the media brainwash or Pisa me off lol. You can't take anything away from Jordan. His career may be unmatched and there is nothing wrong with that.
sam

Acton, Canada

#60841 Feb 16, 2013
God dealing with old age is tough these days. Ho Hum

"If I ever get that call," Grover said, "I was going to be prepared for it. And I am."

Fifty pages inside a binder sit on Grover's desk inside his suburban Chicago home now, information and studies and research and innovations into regenerating the muscle fibers and anti-aging advances and nutrition. From his trips to Europe and Asia and the Far East, Grover has incorporated a small library of intelligence – backed with the most intimate knowledge of Jordan's body and mind and drive – to create a program that awaits the comeback of all comebacks at 50 years old.

"There's no doubt in my mind, that right now, Michael is still the best player on the Charlotte Bobcats," Grover said.

Yet, Jordan played well enough in those Wizards years to drop 40 points at 40 years old, and Grover truly wonders: Could he do 50 at 50?

"I'll be ready for him," Grover says.
sam

Acton, Canada

#60842 Feb 16, 2013
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text> You see I only said Kobe was better than Jordan only with footwork and 3 point shooting. The rest of his game is unmatched by many in my opinion. Jordans mentality is better than Kobe and Lebrons combined. Sorry Sam you have to bring the championships in the conversation because that's what every player is playing for. Jordan wouldn't be the best if he didn't have those 6 rings. Kobe wouldn't be the 2nd best shooting guard of all time if he didn't have some rings. I look at a overall career, but certain players with a certain pedigree you have to say what has he done in title scene. Has im not that type of person to let espn or the media brainwash or Pisa me off lol. You can't take anything away from Jordan. His career may be unmatched and there is nothing wrong with that.
Well said, Best be known too how he achieved those rings. With a break in between. Who else has done that? I agree Jordan was not known for 3's really. Foot work not sure about that one.
Black Mamba

United States

#60843 Feb 16, 2013
sam wrote:
<quoted text>Hmm maybe then again this is where mental comes in too. Things can be achieved if everyone is on the same page and vying for a common goal. Do we really know what goes on behind the scenes? do these guys even get along? is it so bad now that moral has eaten away through the entire organization? these are questions that should be addressed too. Not just D'antoni. Sure its easy to blame the coach. In my opinion, Howard has no biz on this team. Thats a huge problem right there. We already know that he was the attraction in Lando and stats were obviously better. Coming to the Lakers posed another story. Ah Iam sure you already know.
You are right bout not knowing what goes on behind the scene, but we can only go by what we what see. Losing can kill you mentally especially when you are not able to stop the bleeding like you want to. I just think Howard is not 100 % this year and you can tell. I want to see what he can do for this team when he is completely healthy. Trust me it's wearing on him with the comments and injuries, but he knows he can do more if he was completely healthy. Coaching and injuries can kill any team no matter who is on the team.
sam

Acton, Canada

#60844 Feb 16, 2013
Sayin... this is what I was refering to. Maybe LBJ will get there. But comparing him to MJ ..no way.LBJ proved it once but he is nowhere near.

sam

Acton, Canada

#60845 Feb 16, 2013
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text> You are right bout not knowing what goes on behind the scene, but we can only go by what we what see. Losing can kill you mentally especially when you are not able to stop the bleeding like you want to. I just think Howard is not 100 % this year and you can tell. I want to see what he can do for this team when he is completely healthy. Trust me it's wearing on him with the comments and injuries, but he knows he can do more if he was completely healthy. Coaching and injuries can kill any team no matter who is on the team.
So the coach is responsible for injuries?

“Timshel”

Since: Jan 12

Tulsa, OK

#60846 Feb 16, 2013
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait I can say the say thing about you....LOL
You sent me to google, I watched video from the 1992 finals mj had no long shorts, video of webber 1992/1993 rookie season long baggy shorts and you still telling me that he did only after MJ changed?
Webber wore his baggy shorts in Michigan duding his 1992 college season.
This is recorded on video.
Now who thinks his always right?...HA HA HA
Is not that I think I'm right it's on video!...lol
Ok, but I have never come out as you have to me and basically said "you're wrong, I'm right". I also don't mind being wrong especially if I'm going to learn from it but facts are facts here and this is the last I'll say about this to you; In 1989 while CWebb was still in HIGH SCHOOL is when MJ started wearing the baggier, longer shorts in the NBA. He is widely considered to be the FIRST in the NBA to do it. Sorry Renault, but I highly doubt MJ took his fashion queues from a high school kid as MJ has always been a trendsetter.

And for the record, just because you actually went on Google doesn't mean you know how to use it. Nobody asked you to reference a video from 1992-93 when it all started in 1988-89. That's on you.

“Timshel”

Since: Jan 12

Tulsa, OK

#60847 Feb 16, 2013
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> You had to get that off your chest didn't you lol...Look your entitled to your opinion, I am a reasonable person or at least I like to think so, I think it safe to say we are both a bit biased, we are only human so it happens that is why debates go on. Jordan came first so by the time kobe started to get good they already had a blue print in mind on how to stop kobe, maybe that is why kobe shoots 3s more than jordan does. Well obviously JOrdans numbers look nicer, his career looks nicer and it always will, but I think it certainly has something to do with the slower shorter players he went against, they say speed kills for a reason, pick your poison today. Jordan could hand check, todays guys cant, so it was easier for JOrdan to play defense, thats the flip side of it, Jordan was so far superior in his day its just not fair to go based on careers but you do as you please. The nba changed the rules to allow more flow on the offense, for the entertainment value.
Last thing, I can't take away who jordan is, or what he did he was excellent, but i can question his competition and that is not his fault, but I do blame the media for over hyping players to the point where it gets ridiculous, and people are scared to even approach saying anyone is better than Jordan. If I had to start a team it be Magic johnson that be my guy, but that is a whole other story, point is I dont think ther is a GOAT just in our own little opinions, there is no right or wrong.
Haha! Yes I did Show and thanks for entertaining me and as I said I understand you're a bit tired of hearing about this topic so I will respect your opinion and not badger you with things MJ.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NBA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher are parents 10 hr stewart scott 29
Comme Manchester United a perdu plus d'un défen... Mar 27 Jessie55 1
Club de Football Manchester United par le site ... Mar 27 Jessie55 1
Real Madrid et de Cordoue avant-match Conférenc... Mar 27 Jessie55 1
Dans la célébration de la mode de Los Angeles Mar 27 Jessie55 1
As Jordan Brand this year's flagship basketball... Mar 27 Jessie55 1
United States famous Skate brand HUF to launch ... Mar 27 Jessie55 1
More from around the web