lakers fans
Sam

Acton, Canada

#60505 Feb 9, 2013
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text> lol I haven't heard that name in a while. That's a good question. I was going to say burger king lol.
maybe a ball boy somewhere. Notice how these guys slowly and quietly disappear?
Black Mamba

United States

#60506 Feb 9, 2013
Sam wrote:
<quoted text> No doubt, Rudy is what we needed. I said it for years , We had no finisher, decent wing players and most of all a somewhat vet leader. We are not done yet with trades Iam sure. Next is giving Bargnani a one way ticket outta here.
What do you think the Raptors can get for Bargnani? I agree with you about you about Rudy being a leader. Still don't understand why the Grizzles decided to let him go.
Black Mamba

United States

#60507 Feb 9, 2013
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>maybe a ball boy somewhere. Notice how these guys slowly and quietly disappear?
Yeah him, Damon Jones, Donelle Marshall aka Ludacris seen to just disappear for some reason. They were good role players, but I guess when they are traded to a team where they are used less and less then it's really hard for them.
sam

Acton, Canada

#60508 Feb 9, 2013
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text> What do you think the Raptors can get for Bargnani? I agree with you about you about Rudy being a leader. Still don't understand why the Grizzles decided to let him go.
Grizz need to clear up some money. The rumour as might have heard Dell is Bargnani for Boozer. We shall see. He will end up somewhere.
Sam

Acton, Canada

#60509 Feb 9, 2013
As matter of fact, iam catching the Cavs game now.
Sam

Acton, Canada

#60510 Feb 9, 2013
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah him, Damon Jones, Donelle Marshall aka Ludacris seen to just disappear for some reason. They were good role players, but I guess when they are traded to a team where they are used less and less then it's really hard for them.
Donyell retired some time ago. A guy who quickly disappeared was Eddie Jones, Gilbert Arenas,Fred Jones the slam dunk champ, Darius Miles(remember him)
Sam

Acton, Canada

#60511 Feb 9, 2013
Stevie Franchise and Marbury were early exits too.
Black Mamba

United States

#60512 Feb 9, 2013
sam wrote:
<quoted text> Grizz need to clear up some money. The rumour as might have heard Dell is Bargnani for Boozer. We shall see. He will end up somewhere.
Boozer? Sometimes he can be inconsistent especially in the playoffs, but I know you would take that trade in a heartbeat.
Black Mamba

United States

#60513 Feb 9, 2013
Sam wrote:
<quoted text> Donyell retired some time ago. A guy who quickly disappeared was Eddie Jones, Gilbert Arenas,Fred Jones the slam dunk champ, Darius Miles(remember him)
Lol omg Darius Miles was nothing but a dunker. I knew he was going to fail. Arenas was a great player but that knew injury and gun situation messed his career up. Eddie would have had him some rings with the Lakers if he didn't get traded. Steve Francis I never liked and when he was with Orlando there were rumors about him and Caribou Mobley being VERY close.
Black Mamba

United States

#60514 Feb 9, 2013
Catino. Dumb phone lol.
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#60515 Feb 9, 2013
_Jusayin_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea they do stand around and Kobe watch but is that a result of MD who's an offensive guru or they're tired of Kobe going black hole? We've seen how fluid and lethal a well run MD offense can be and when you look around the NBA, more teams than not are playing the Nelly/MD way and being successful with it. The Lakers when using it are energetic and engaged on both sides of the court.
Make a point Show, if Kobe goes black hole again(hopefully he wont)to look at the demeanor and body language of the other 4 on the court. Nash keeps his professional poker face on but the other guys have a harder time keeping it concealed. Then you'll see what I'm talking about. I've noticed this since last year and Bynum especially didn't care who noticed his frustration.
Believe me you sound like I do sometimes, I have ripped kobe apart for this very reason, the problem with kobe is he has no medium control, he either goes to full on passing mode, or full on shooting mode, he cant seem to mesh the two and score within the system enough to score about 20 to 25 points, he cant seem to sustain something that works when things go bad, kobe is the most stubborn but successful ball player in the league, you would think a guy like kobe has never won a ring with how stubborn he is, but he has 5, I agree his style of play runs the flow of an offense I jsut wish kobe would find that happy medium .

However you must consider that its a bit hard to teach an old dog new tricks when hes won 5 championships, the front office is partly at fault for always catering to kobe, not hiring a dependable pg who could handle the ball, thus leaving kobe the only ball handler for several years, in fact almost his whole career until sessions and nash came along, kobe has a giant ego (all the greats do) at this point its too late to tell kobe anything, you have to suggest things to him and see what he thinks, its too late, the FO catered to him too long, and they never found a legit pg, so now kobe feels he can be the best playmaker on the court as well as the best scorer...One thing I will say is steve nash wasn't cutting it, nash cant seem to be steve nash in this slower offense, the parts dont fit for anyone, it works with kobe because he posts up and draws people, nash doesn't draw 2 players, so thats why its owrking, but I agree we gotta go back to passing it around, I just wouldn't discourage kobe completely to just not shoot, hes gotta find that balance.
Sammy

Acton, Canada

#60516 Feb 9, 2013
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text> Boozer? Sometimes he can be inconsistent especially in the playoffs, but I know you would take that trade in a heartbeat.
sign and trade maybe but no thanks.
Sammy

Acton, Canada

#60517 Feb 9, 2013
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text> Lol omg Darius Miles was nothing but a dunker. I knew he was going to fail. Arenas was a great player but that knew injury and gun situation messed his career up. Eddie would have had him some rings with the Lakers if he didn't get traded. Steve Francis I never liked and when he was with Orlando there were rumors about him and Caribou Mobley being VERY close.
Mobley there's another short lived guy.
Sammy

Acton, Canada

#60518 Feb 9, 2013
Black Mamba wrote:
Catino. Dumb phone lol.
Don't lie Dell, you were in the middle of watching the Milwaukee game. ROFL ...CARIBOU
Sammy

Acton, Canada

#60519 Feb 9, 2013
Dell we can throw in big giant Todd Macculloch, Jay Williams, Bobby Hurley,Terrell Brandon. Dejaun Wagner. Brandon Roy will go into oblivion as the latest. Shortlived but all good.
Sammy

Acton, Canada

#60520 Feb 9, 2013
By the way Dell Kapono is in the Euro league where he belongs.
Plays for. Panathinaikos (Greece)

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#60521 Feb 9, 2013
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text> For some reason I can see them making the playoffs, but maybe getting killed in the first round if they are the 8th seed. Wow they had to comeback against the bobcats last night. Meeks finally showed some life after he has been quiet for a long time. As for the media, they are just jumping on anything that would get a story.
Well they are only 3 1/2 games behind a very tough Houston team, but with a little less than half of season left i s way within reach even the 7th spot is with in reach.

They just gotta stay f away from d'antoni system, they struggled with the bobcat 'cause Howard is rusty and the other fools decided to play team defend until the second half.

Also they didn't have inside game so they try to run, but at the end defense did for them and they were playing the bobcats not a good team under pressure.

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#60522 Feb 10, 2013
_Jusayin_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's this season's stats on Kobe's shooting more than 20+ per game: "When Kobe shoots 20 shots or more this season, the Lakers are 4-11. When he refrains and shoots fewer than 20, the Lakers are 8-2." - Courtesy of http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1451508-mv...
Not every stat tells the entire story but when you see players standing around Kobe watching, looking dejected with their heads down looking at the floor in between plays and not playing D all the while Kobe is making himself the only option offensively says it all and that was just the game vs. the C's. This has been happening in nearly every game that Kobe decides to exclude his teammates and excuses are made for him as I've even done it.
Kobe last night vs. the Bobcats had 8 assists which meant he looked to get his team involved and yes, they had to knock down shots but when he makes the effort, they win and win 80% of the time. Plain and simple.
Kobe's comments were direct quotes and the media relayed them to Dwight word for word. Jackie MacMullan(whom Kobe interviewed with)isn't known to embellish and sensationalize.
I'm definitely not trying to bash Kobe, I'm trying to be objective and see it for what it truly is.
I'm sorry but those stats don't tell you how many times Kobe passed the ball to his teammates didn't and they missed, only if they make their shots, so that's why I believe stats lie.

I would never put Kobe passing as a reason basing on stats.
In that game there was no hustle from the whole team on defense, had they played team defense they would had gotten fast break points and probably won the game.

My point I don't trust stats on certain things

I
Black Mamba

United States

#60523 Feb 10, 2013
Sammy wrote:
Dell we can throw in big giant Todd Macculloch, Jay Williams, Bobby Hurley,Terrell Brandon. Dejaun Wagner. Brandon Roy will go into oblivion as the latest. Shortlived but all good.
Wow I remember them too especially Terrell from the Wolves. Wally Zerbiac and Shammon Williams from the Sonics were to more also that faded away.
Black Mamba

United States

#60524 Feb 10, 2013
Sammy wrote:
By the way Dell Kapono is in the Euro league where he belongs.
Plays for. Panathinaikos (Greece)
That's a shame because he is a good shooter. I hated him when he was with the Heat. He reminded me of Steve Novak from the Knicks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NBA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who is better, Kobe or LeBron? (Mar '09) Aug 26 Fart news 2,106
News NBA Rumors: Knicks Interested In Trading For Ja... Aug 19 Fart news 2
how to get into the nba?? (May '06) Aug 18 Baby Kareem 480
News Jonas Valanciunas may get a max-deal despite no... Aug 10 Fart news 2
mai chut chatta hu Aug 8 Raj 1
News Is Kobe Bryant better than Michael Jordan? (Apr '07) Aug 1 Fart news 12,043
News Tony Allen says he wants to play about five mor... Jul '15 Fart news 4
More from around the web