Sammy

Acton, Canada

#60159 Jan 30, 2013
rrenault wrote:
Any one know why the Lakers are playing with their home uniform in Phoenix?
To feel more like home?
Dwhite12 LA Slowtime

Ocoee, FL

#60160 Jan 30, 2013
Sammy wrote:
<quoted text> He won't just trade him to trade? Load of nonsense. BC knows full out AZZ is grass if he doesn't deal him. He already made a mistake drafting him instead of Gay in the first place.
and he'll get a good chance to be on display with davis gone now
Dwhite12 LA Slowtime

Ocoee, FL

#60161 Jan 30, 2013
Sammy wrote:
<quoted text> Besides dumping salaries, we don't need to point guards beating up each other in Calderon and Lowry. Calderon is lucky he survived all these years after fighting with TJ Ford, Jarret Jack, mike James and host of others over the years
now he gets to go sit behind the plethora of guards in detroit
Dwhite12 LASlowtime

Ocoee, FL

#60162 Jan 30, 2013
just when we start to hope again
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#60165 Jan 30, 2013
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
Well You just describe all the bigs in the league with the inconsistency thing including Howard.
I don't know what a good deal for him would be at this moment, since the Lakers are looking forward to all their contracts to expire for the free agency of 2015.
Well one I know I will not change your mind about pau you like the guy a lot, I like him too but cant stand that you need to motivate him to play hard, and his defense is terrible, I know bynum and odom had to be motivated too, but at least they could play defense pau was terrible especially at center, always said that.

I wouldn't deal him just to deal him, but if the lakers feel there is a good deal out there, now is the time. I don't think the lakers are looking forward to pau and howard walking away without getting anything, if pau agrees to come back for significantly less money then I can get off his back, but hes getting paid too much right now.
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#60166 Jan 31, 2013
rrenault wrote:
Well lakers played 3 good quarters then in the fourth decided to start taking long shots and went away from the post, got them selves in running game and got their head handed to them.
The only thing D'antoni has done right is let the players change the offense up, it seems like this team is coaching it self, what a sad year...HOwever I still gotta give mike brown some blame he had the whole off season and he came up with crap.

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#60167 Jan 31, 2013
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> Well one I know I will not change your mind about pau you like the guy a lot, I like him too but cant stand that you need to motivate him to play hard, and his defense is terrible, I know bynum and odom had to be motivated too, but at least they could play defense pau was terrible especially at center, always said that.
I wouldn't deal him just to deal him, but if the lakers feel there is a good deal out there, now is the time. I don't think the lakers are looking forward to pau and howard walking away without getting anything, if pau agrees to come back for significantly less money then I can get off his back, but hes getting paid too much right now.
Well his size and skills are very valuable in today's NBA, he is getting up there in age and he still have some value, I like that value playing on my side that against me, You gotta take what You get.
I see it like this, Tim, Pau, Andrew,Dirk and Dwight are the only real skill big guys out there, every one else either mediocre or has some real issues that You don't really want nothing do to with.

The deal has to be really good, but I can't think of anything realistic worth parting with Pau.

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#60168 Jan 31, 2013
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> The only thing D'antoni has done right is let the players change the offense up, it seems like this team is coaching it self, what a sad year...HOwever I still gotta give mike brown some blame he had the whole off season and he came up with crap.
Yeah Brown did screw up by getting all caught up in his quest for Princeton offense of bust!

I agree they are doing their own coaching and that's what Phil used to make them do and won titles like that.

From today's game I'll take the 3 first quarters as a positive sign,'cause before they would be so far behind after 3 quarters they it was embarrassing, yeah they had collapse in the 4th but it's part of this work in process in row games, they loss focus.

Since: Apr 08

Akron, Ohio

#60169 Jan 31, 2013
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
Any one else want take a shot a this?.....lol
Phoenix is going to a retro black and orange uniform that game. They were worn on their road games. They were popular with their fans, enough so that they changed their court to those colors.
Sammy

Acton, Canada

#60171 Jan 31, 2013
Wouldn't retro for them be more Blue with the western ok coral font? Think back of the Paul Westphal days.

Akron, Ohio

#60172 Jan 31, 2013
Sammy wrote:
Wouldn't retro for them be more Blue with the western ok coral font? Think back of the Paul Westphal days.
http://www.nba.com/suns/suns-going-retro-blac...
Sammy

Acton, Canada

#60173 Jan 31, 2013
Bewitched wrote:
ah man I can't see it on my phone.

Akron, Ohio

#60174 Jan 31, 2013
Sammy wrote:
<quoted text> ah man I can't see it on my phone.
lol Back to the desktop again? I like the black/orange uniforms. I haven't seen their black and orange court yet. I miss a lot of the western games.
Sammy

Acton, Canada

#60175 Jan 31, 2013
Bewitched wrote:
<quoted text>
lol Back to the desktop again? I like the black/orange uniforms. I haven't seen their black and orange court yet. I miss a lot of the western games.
I will have to take a look. I have to laugh at Shaq and the boys tonight. They said, Memphis is crazy to trade Gay at this point, they should have waited. They look horrible tonight. Well its all good for us. I hope he puts an end to one point losses.

Akron, Ohio

#60176 Jan 31, 2013
Sammy wrote:
<quoted text> I will have to take a look. I have to laugh at Shaq and the boys tonight. They said, Memphis is crazy to trade Gay at this point, they should have waited. They look horrible tonight. Well its all good for us. I hope he puts an end to one point losses.
I'm glad you are happy with the trade. Nobody knows the Raptors as well as you.

Cavs are happy with Speights and Ellington. Selby got sent to Cavs D league Canton Chargers. I really don't know what we're going to do with all these draft picks. I'll send ya a link sometime regarding what all they have collected.

Got the Super Bowl coming up Sunday. Do you all up north get into it like we do? It's close to being a holiday. lol I'm rooting for San Francisco.
Sammy

Acton, Canada

#60177 Jan 31, 2013
Bewitched wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm glad you are happy with the trade. Nobody knows the Raptors as well as you.
Cavs are happy with Speights and Ellington. Selby got sent to Cavs D league Canton Chargers. I really don't know what we're going to do with all these draft picks. I'll send ya a link sometime regarding what all they have collected.
Got the Super Bowl coming up Sunday. Do you all up north get into it like we do? It's close to being a holiday. lol I'm rooting for San Francisco.
yes B. Its bigger than our own league CFL. As you know we are tring to get a team here. When the Bills play home games its a sell out 60,000 plus. Every food store has some kind of Superbowl display. Wow didn't realize they sent Selby down. Is Canton far from you? D league I hear can be quite entertaining. I sometimes catch games on NBA tv. I like to see ex nbaers trying to climb there way back like Jamaal Tinsley. He tore up the D league last year.
Yea I know my Raps. One thing I notice is Bryan Colangelo always tries to obtain Raptor Killers example Anthony Parker, Jarret Jack and now Rudy Gay. We could have had Gay before over Bargnani.
Sammy

Acton, Canada

#60178 Jan 31, 2013
My Chargers are out as always B so I have to go with the closest team. San fran. Plus a friend of my mine resides there, so I will support her city.

Akron, Ohio

#60179 Jan 31, 2013
Sammy wrote:
<quoted text> yes B. Its bigger than our own league CFL. As you know we are tring to get a team here. When the Bills play home games its a sell out 60,000 plus. Every food store has some kind of Superbowl display. Wow didn't realize they sent Selby down. Is Canton far from you? D league I hear can be quite entertaining. I sometimes catch games on NBA tv. I like to see ex nbaers trying to climb there way back like Jamaal Tinsley. He tore up the D league last year.
Yea I know my Raps. One thing I notice is Bryan Colangelo always tries to obtain Raptor Killers example Anthony Parker, Jarret Jack and now Rudy Gay. We could have had Gay before over Bargnani.
Yeah, I remember you talking about Buffalo quite a bit. I haven't heard much lately, but I know Buffalo fans will be devastated to lose their team.

Canton (including the Football Hall of Fame) is only 20 minutes from here. Saturday the HOF will be announcing the new inductees. We went to the ceremonies for Jerry Rice and Emmit Smith when they went in.

Well, I still got some tree and shrub orders to get in, so talk to ya again.
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#60180 Jan 31, 2013
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
Well his size and skills are very valuable in today's NBA, he is getting up there in age and he still have some value, I like that value playing on my side that against me, You gotta take what You get.
I see it like this, Tim, Pau, Andrew,Dirk and Dwight are the only real skill big guys out there, every one else either mediocre or has some real issues that You don't really want nothing do to with.
The deal has to be really good, but I can't think of anything realistic worth parting with Pau.
What the lakers probably just need is role players who fit, they have enough star power, the point is I only make a deal for pau to improve the lakers, otherwise just hang on to him.
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#60181 Jan 31, 2013
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah Brown did screw up by getting all caught up in his quest for Princeton offense of bust!
I agree they are doing their own coaching and that's what Phil used to make them do and won titles like that.
From today's game I'll take the 3 first quarters as a positive sign,'cause before they would be so far behind after 3 quarters they it was embarrassing, yeah they had collapse in the 4th but it's part of this work in process in row games, they loss focus.
Lakers have found a system that works, the problem is time is running out, I think they were a bit tired, and they let their guard down, I still think they would have won with Dwight, but I think when he went out that just let the air out of all the lakers, this team does not have anyone who can play good interior defense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NBA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NBA Rumors: Adam Silver Preparing to Ban Hack-a... Sat tom wingo 3
News Curry, Warriors use stunning comeback to beat P... Apr 24 tom wingo 2
News What is the Sixers' Ideal Pick Position? Apr 16 tom wingo 2
News Tears, anger mark 1st anniversary of SKorean fe... Apr 16 Brady Chub Club 1
News The Latest: Protest, investigation in S. Caroli... Apr 9 Concerned Parent 2
he still felt she was very beautiful Apr 6 patrick-paul 1
News Douthit to join PH team for SEABA, SEAG Apr 6 Cardboard Company 3
More from around the web