Dwhite12 LASlowtime

Apopka, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

There’s plenty of heat and speculation — and plenty for Mike D’Antoni to hash out as far as better utilizing his players, including 2013 free agent Dwight Howard — but I was told Thursday the Lakers are not considering a buyout or firing of D’Antoni as head coach. Orange County Register
Dwhite12 LASlowtime

Apopka, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Bryant won't chase Howard out of here, but multiple sources tell Yahoo! Sports that the only issue that would give Howard pause on re-signing with the Lakers would be D'Antoni. In the end, D'Antoni is a coach who fundamentally doesn't believe in post play, who sees franchise centers as intrusive cloggers of the lane. Yahoo! Sports

“Timshel”

Since: Jan 12

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Sammy wrote:
@jussayin i wasn't coming across as bold, Things happen for a reason. Top team are allowed to crash, thats what makes them that much better down the road. Lakers have too much tradition to let it go that easily.
Oh I know my friend. You're saying what you feel and there's nothing wrong with that. I took no offense to any of what you said and I know what you were trying to say as nothing can stay "up" forever BUT and it's a massive BUT, the Lakers with all this talent and all this tradition and all this championship experience should NOT be coming down this rapidly. I think this stems from the top and has trickled down and the Lakers have no identity now. What they were has been ripped away and they're desperately trying to find themselves. Poor Kobe is trying to keep them relevant by taking over but I think now he's hurting more than helping. It's admirable that Kobe shoulders the blame but if they're truly a team playing team ball and not just Kobe jacking up 30+ shots per then the whole team can shoulder it or they can bask in their success as a team.

Kobe needs to accept a role and just trust his mates and let Nash and D'Antoni do their thing for better or worse. At this point it's not going to hurt anything and it's clearly not worked Kobe's way.
Sammy

Brampton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

_Jusayin_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I know my friend. You're saying what you feel and there's nothing wrong with that. I took no offense to any of what you said and I know what you were trying to say as nothing can stay "up" forever BUT and it's a massive BUT, the Lakers with all this talent and all this tradition and all this championship experience should NOT be coming down this rapidly. I think this stems from the top and has trickled down and the Lakers have no identity now. What they were has been ripped away and they're desperately trying to find themselves. Poor Kobe is trying to keep them relevant by taking over but I think now he's hurting more than helping. It's admirable that Kobe shoulders the blame but if they're truly a team playing team ball and not just Kobe jacking up 30+ shots per then the whole team can shoulder it or they can bask in their success as a team.
Kobe needs to accept a role and just trust his mates and let Nash and D'Antoni do their thing for better or worse. At this point it's not going to hurt anything and it's clearly not worked Kobe's way.
Well Kobe is no dummy, I am sure he has had optimism concerning his career moving forward. I see your point though for the rapid decline.
Sammy

Brampton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Showtime wrote:
Yo RR , time to pat ourselves on the shoulder, you and I knew something the lakers FO didn't, I recall we both were not excited about howard or nash coming over, we were both not excited about the coaches, and I don't think we were overly positive about the season, well at least I wasn't , I never bought into all the hype, but I never thought they would be this bad.....Cant believe the lakers FO couldn't figure out the pieces don't fit, I kept hearing Nash and gasol watch out for these 2 when they team up, I was like ummm ok.
Oh yeah we saw all this mess coming since off season, none of the moves made actually addressed the issues the team had last season, in my opinion.
I was never Brown fan even less D'antoni.

I do admit the Howard for Bynum has paid off just by the fact the Bynum has still to play a game this season.

D'antoni SUCKS!, in what world would You hire a coach whose system has never accomplish success at the ultimate level, that needs young legs and shooter to be successful.
This when You have team that is build for slow tempo offense.

They passed on Phil Jackson for this crap!

The bench issue from last season never got fix in my opinion, since I see the starers playing most of the mins.

I think of Nash and Gasol or Nash and Howard, was very possible, but not in D'antoni system.

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text>I have to be honest, I knew it was going to take a while for things to come together, but I would have never imagined the season would be like this. I knew this was going to be kinda ruff then they didn't hire Phil like they should have when they had the chance. Now he has Gasol coming off the bench? Now there are rumors that he may be traded before the deadline. On top of that you can tell that Kobe is getting tired because his shooting % is droping and also he is tryig he best to play defense in the other teams best player. Howard looks like he is lost and unhappy and D'Antoni has that well that I can't do any better look. I never liked that guy and now I see what the Suns and Knicks went through with him. I almost forgot, congrats to your 49ers for beating the DIRTY CROWS this past sunday and that should keep Justina away for a longggggggggggg time because he ran his mouth all year long about how the Falcons were going to do this and that. I tried to tell him plenty of times, but he didn't want to listen. I bet he is crying right now lol and serves him right.
I agree having Pau coming off the bench is as useless as when he had Meta coming of the bench, what's the point of moving the player to the bench if he is going to play the most mins, simply stupid!

The solution has been clear since bikerstaff coach the team, is not who starting is what system is being play.

The last 2 games the Lakers stop playing D'antoni's running game and the Lakers looked at lot better, sure they lost to Memphis, but it they look liked they almost had it figure out.

Against Utah they looks a lot better even more in sync, if they stay on this path I expect a turn around the rest of the way, Pau needs to get back in the starting line up.

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with you because D'Antoni is a dead man walking. The crazy thing is that it can get worse for this team because we all know the fans are in L.A. They are no use to seeing this team like this and they have been patient long enough. I will take Rambis right now if they would go after him, but I have a feeling they are going to let D'Antoni finish this season out.
Yeah D'antoni is gone, if they want Howard to resign.

What could save D'antoni's job if he realizes his system is not for this team and wise up and move to a different offense.

If the last two games is any indication in which way this team offense is heading he may have save his job.

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> Well Bulls have one of the best defenses and the lakers made it a closer game than in toronto, kobe is spent hes running on fumes, D'antoni left kobe with no energy he played him throughout the whole second half, howard was in foul trouble but hes getting ripped here in LA, as is gasol and kobe, of course D'antoni as well, all of them are getting ripped, big talk about gasol or howard being shipped out. In fact a story broke that , supposedly lakers are no opened to the idea of dealing howard, Howard hasn't said weather he will stay or go, but I think some people don't even care, they feel he just doesn't fit or want to be here, so yes more drama here in Lakerland, the media looks for anything when it comes to the lakers.You know how you don't yell bomb on a plane, well don't yell trade here in lA lol.
D'antoni's system is burning out the Lakers starter, he plays them a lot mins.

That's one thing Phil had once KB turn 30 he started managing KB's mins to make sure he was good to in the post season, he did the same for Pau, Meta.

At this pace if the Lakers make the post season all this guys will be running on empty and probably will get swept in the first round.

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2013

Sammy wrote:
Howard needs to sport a Kendrick Perkins look. No nonsense.
What a mad face?
Sammy

Brampton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree having Pau coming off the bench is as useless as when he had Meta coming of the bench, what's the point of moving the player to the bench if he is going to play the most mins, simply stupid!
The solution has been clear since bikerstaff coach the team, is not who starting is what system is being play.
The last 2 games the Lakers stop playing D'antoni's running game and the Lakers looked at lot better, sure they lost to Memphis, but it they look liked they almost had it figure out.
Against Utah they looks a lot better even more in sync, if they stay on this path I expect a turn around the rest of the way, Pau needs to get back in the starting line up.
Running game? What running game? If you thinks thats a running game.Guys at the seniors home run faster. Explain RR what exactly is Dantoni's running game.
Sammy

Brampton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
What a mad face?
Well you tell me. If some dude is smiling all the time on court would you take him seriously? Of course he should have a mad face once in a while
Sammy

Brampton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
D'antoni's system is burning out the Lakers starter, he plays them a lot mins.
That's one thing Phil had once KB turn 30 he started managing KB's mins to make sure he was good to in the post season, he did the same for Pau, Meta.
At this pace if the Lakers make the post season all this guys will be running on empty and probably will get swept in the first round.
Some days Kobe looks like he needs an oxygen mask.
Sammy

Brampton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Sammy wrote:
<quoted text> Well you tell me. If some dude is smiling all the time on court would you take him seriously? Of course he should have a mad face once in a while
btw lol RR

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Sammy wrote:
<quoted text> Running game? What running game? If you thinks thats a running game.Guys at the seniors home run faster. Explain RR what exactly is Dantoni's running game.
Look at the Lakers' games from when D'antoni took over once they get the ball they run, once they get to the 3 pts line they start jacking 3s, problem is most are misses and then they have to run back to on D.

Not only are the Lakers bigs not getting involve they are getting burn out by running pointlessly and he uses them for a lot minutes in the game.
Pau and company look tired in most games.

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Sammy wrote:
<quoted text> Well you tell me. If some dude is smiling all the time on court would you take him seriously? Of course he should have a mad face once in a while
I don't know sammy, if the dude is build like Howard I would be concern what that smile really means....lol
Sam

Brampton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at the Lakers' games from when D'antoni took over once they get the ball they run, once they get to the 3 pts line they start jacking 3s, problem is most are misses and then they have to run back to on D.
Not only are the Lakers bigs not getting involve they are getting burn out by running pointlessly and he uses them for a lot minutes in the game.
Pau and company look tired in most games.
iam not so sure I observe the running thing but ok.
Sam

Brampton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know sammy, if the dude is build like Howard I would be concern what that smile really means....lol
i am sure perkins with his bold look could erase that real fast.lol

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Sammy wrote:
<quoted text> Some days Kobe looks like he needs an oxygen mask.
Well that's my point about D'antoni system, he makes the players run and doesn't care for how many mins he plays them.

Not just KB, but Pau and the other bigs they look tired and the bigs are not even getting involve in most games they are just there running up and down the court.

Ok this is just my opinion, I could be completely wrong here.

But I think D'antoni is so caught up in making his system work for the from office, that he didn't think pass having KB and Nash.

He doesn't realize this team is build for more a complex system not his crap of a system.
So once the starters don't respond and start getting blown out, he panics looks at his bench and in his mind cause of frustration believes he got no one he can trust that could go out there help turn it around, after all his best players are getting kill.
He end up playing his best players even more mins and they run out gas faster.

Now You do that on regular basis You got a very tired starting 5, they will play You a good game every 5 games the rest of the time they running on empty tanks.

I think that's why he moved meta to the bench and now Pau, so he can have in his second unit some one he can trust that could give the team a extra boost.
But if at the end of the game Meta and Pau coming of the bench end up playing 30 something plus mins then there is no point, both players are getting the same amount of mins as if they were the starters, they are getting equally tired and proves my the point that D'antoni couldn't rely on the two players he moved to the starting line up for them.
Sam

Brampton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 26, 2013

Judged:

rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that's my point about D'antoni system, he makes the players run and doesn't care for how many mins he plays them.
Not just KB, but Pau and the other bigs they look tired and the bigs are not even getting involve in most games they are just there running up and down the court.
Ok this is just my opinion, I could be completely wrong here.
But I think D'antoni is so caught up in making his system work for the from office, that he didn't think pass having KB and Nash.
He doesn't realize this team is build for more a complex system not his crap of a system.
So once the starters don't respond and start getting blown out, he panics looks at his bench and in his mind cause of frustration believes he got no one he can trust that could go out there help turn it around, after all his best players are getting kill.
He end up playing his best players even more mins and they run out gas faster.
Now You do that on regular basis You got a very tired starting 5, they will play You a good game every 5 games the rest of the time they running on empty tanks.
I think that's why he moved meta to the bench and now Pau, so he can have in his second unit some one he can trust that could give the team a extra boost.
But if at the end of the game Meta and Pau coming of the bench end up playing 30 something plus mins then there is no point, both players are getting the same amount of mins as if they were the starters, they are getting equally tired and proves my the point that D'antoni couldn't rely on the two players he moved to the starting line up for them.
interesting read. Great analogy.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 58,601 - 58,620 of67,551
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

6 Users are viewing the NBA Basketball Forum right now

Search the NBA Basketball Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Anthony may sit out Knicks' last 2 games 56 min Laughing Bear Fan 1
where can buy the Cheap jordan 11s 16 hr Cheap jordan 11s for sale 1
How I stopped worrying and learned to love the ... 21 hr Luv da bulls 2
NBA Playoff Predictions 2014: Surefire Picks fo... Tue eZima 1
Jordan 11s is in www.discountjordan11s.com Mon Jordan11s 1
Alec Burks and Randy Foye are heading in opposi... Apr 13 Jay 1
Report: Isiah Thomas could replace ex-backcourt... Apr 12 Hmmm 3
•••
•••