Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Dwhite12 wrote:
Friday night Jordan Hill showed up in street clothes to Staples Center and didn’t look good limping down the hall. Slowly. It hurt to watch him walk. Turns out it was with good reason — he needs hip surgery and will be out for the season, the Lakers reported. NBCSports.com
Hip not good. Lucky he is still young.
Showtime

Rosemead, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Sammy wrote:
<quoted text> No I believe it was B who mentioned that and if I am wrong I apologize.
I only read what you wrote not what Bewitched wrote, but it doesn't matter, I dont mind if you think the lakers are too old, or if Bewitched thinks they are its fine, I just got tired of hearing it from the media like every day, and I dont think its an excuse, I wont bail the lakkers out by saying they are too old to play defense, dont worry about it sammy .
Showtime

Rosemead, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Bewitched wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't really know the Lakers' ages, so I doubt I would say anything about them. If I did, it wasn't to hurt anybody's feelings.
I remember somebody commenting on Jamison being old, when he arrived in LA. Show, was it that far back?
Don't worry guys you didn't hurt my feelings or anything, I am disappointed with my lakers, and I hear it everyday on the radio or on tv that they are too old, and for me its like a bail out for them, and I am infact trying to be hard on the lakers not trying to defend them, I dont want the old excuse cause I see the spurs, knicks, and even the celtics doing better, so I dont want to use that excuse, although injuries have been terrible...but my comments wasn't directed at you guys, Laker fans are not use to this , its been a strange year, I just hope my niners win today .
Showtime

Rosemead, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Sammy wrote:
<quoted text> Yes I did say teams are getting older ala Celtics and yes changing of the guards. We can debate that to death because its clearly evident. I never said you're team was old but its not exactly young either compared to many teams in the league who are far ahead of the lakers and yes younger.. Besides even if I did say they were old which I believe you quoted as per B's post, what difference does it make. Is that insulting? Age is wisdom and experience which I repeated many times in this room. So I don't where you are going with the age thing. Care to explain?
LOL Sammy chill , I wasn't going anywhere with this, I frankly dont care if you think my team is too old, your basically implying it by saying changing of the guard so to me thats the same thing only different words, I really dont care its fine, but I dont know why you have to deny anything in the first place, if you think they are too old just say it...I disagree I think that's a cop out for the lakers, you see to me that is like a excuse for the lakers, and I will not let them off the hook that easy by saying they are too old, now you get it? Of course the lakers are old, but too old to compete no I doubt it, and yes you know we both agree on the experience thing, we both lectured hi on that very thing, I know the whole changing of the guard thing is a sensitive thing with you, you get riled up about it cause youw ant to see new teams take over, its not gonna happen, one or two teams may come out like the thunder but ultimately the big markets always come back but thats my opinion and I think history proves it, especially in the NBA, but I am not against it either, thats just how it is.
Dwhite12 LA Slowtim

Apopka, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> LOL Sammy chill , I wasn't going anywhere with this, I frankly dont care if you think my team is too old, your basically implying it by saying changing of the guard so to me thats the same thing only different words, I really dont care its fine, but I dont know why you have to deny anything in the first place, if you think they are too old just say it...I disagree I think that's a cop out for the lakers, you see to me that is like a excuse for the lakers, and I will not let them off the hook that easy by saying they are too old, now you get it? Of course the lakers are old, but too old to compete no I doubt it, and yes you know we both agree on the experience thing, we both lectured hi on that very thing, I know the whole changing of the guard thing is a sensitive thing with you, you get riled up about it cause youw ant to see new teams take over, its not gonna happen, one or two teams may come out like the thunder but ultimately the big markets always come back but thats my opinion and I think history proves it, especially in the NBA, but I am not against it either, thats just how it is.
+1

age is not a factor imo, kobe's leading the league in scoring, nash is 38 and still balling. mwp is doin great. pau isnt, dwhight is 25 and he's doin 18 and 10. jamison is 34 and yeah we have several players in their mid 30's but last year jamison led the cavs in scoring with 20 ppg, he wont get that opportunity here, but our losing has nothing to do with age. quickness? sure.

the solution to everything, is play some freaking trasnitional defense!

just like i said we'd do with mike d is score more poitns..and just like you said, we'd play no defense. < the problem

age is not why we "suck" its no defense, which i thought we'd do ok with, having mwp, kobe and dwight. its not about keeping guys in front of them. it's just playing some freaking defense.

guys dont know how to rotate, their getting mixed up on where they should be, this has nothing to do with age (maybe a small part but thats not THE reason)

i think this is what your tryin to say show?
thoughts?
Dwhite12 LASlowtime

Apopka, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Judged:

and we do need to get younger, but if we play no defense, or cant stop tranitional defense it wont help.

its not like "oh im 25 i can play defense, oh i'm 32, i dont now how to play defense now"

yes we are slower (and yes that has to do a bit with age), but we should be better regardless as we have the talent.

nash<avging 10 apg, kobe 30 ppg, mwp justkilling t everwhere, dwight 18-10..pau 12 and 9..these are good #'s not hat w'd want frm pau but still as a team its good. yeah the bnch is weak. but its all about gtting back on defense

not age, not players, not leadership, just getting back on defense and making stops
Showtime

Rosemead, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Dwhite12 LA Slowtim wrote:
<quoted text>
+1
age is not a factor imo, kobe's leading the league in scoring, nash is 38 and still balling. mwp is doin great. pau isnt, dwhight is 25 and he's doin 18 and 10. jamison is 34 and yeah we have several players in their mid 30's but last year jamison led the cavs in scoring with 20 ppg, he wont get that opportunity here, but our losing has nothing to do with age. quickness? sure.
the solution to everything, is play some freaking trasnitional defense!
just like i said we'd do with mike d is score more poitns..and just like you said, we'd play no defense. < the problem
age is not why we "suck" its no defense, which i thought we'd do ok with, having mwp, kobe and dwight. its not about keeping guys in front of them. it's just playing some freaking defense.
guys dont know how to rotate, their getting mixed up on where they should be, this has nothing to do with age (maybe a small part but thats not THE reason)
i think this is what your tryin to say show?
thoughts?
Absolutely that is it, we are not too old to compete, I am not saying we were suppose to be a great team, but I think we could have been a great playoff team, the thunder are a great team, and I think you do need some youth and experience to be a great overall team...If you ever saw the very last movie of rocky, which is the 6th one I believe, obviously rocky is already old as hell, and his trainer tells him if your gonna fight your gonna have to adjust, you no longer have quickness, you no longer can take hits like you use to, and so rocky had to build more muscle to compete, well the lakers too have to adjust, but talent they have, and I think that is the first thing you need...As upset as I been all season long, I am coming to terms with reality, too many problems plagued this season, first we got coaching problems early on, injuries did not allow for this new team to gel, and well thats just it these guys haven't played together long, reality is biting right now, and sadly we may have to wait till next season if things dont change.
Showtime

Rosemead, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Dwhite12 LASlowtime wrote:
and we do need to get younger, but if we play no defense, or cant stop tranitional defense it wont help.
its not like "oh im 25 i can play defense, oh i'm 32, i dont now how to play defense now"
yes we are slower (and yes that has to do a bit with age), but we should be better regardless as we have the talent.
nash<avging 10 apg, kobe 30 ppg, mwp justkilling t everwhere, dwight 18-10..pau 12 and 9..these are good #'s not hat w'd want frm pau but still as a team its good. yeah the bnch is weak. but its all about gtting back on defense
not age, not players, not leadership, just getting back on defense and making stops
I heard jimmy busses interview, he said all the right things, he said he wasn't interested in trading anyone, he doesn't blame the players, he says injuries injuries injuries are the problems...Obviously I dont buy everything he said, I still think they are shopping gasol as well they should, but some fans are so stupid they would rather let him go or give him away, others are saying kobe is the problem, or dwight is the problem, the thing is none of these guys are the problem, its just their defense, the reason I say trade gasol, is cause he has value and he isn't doing much to help this team, he doesn't fit in on defense or offense, of course only deal him if the right trade comes along.
Sammy

Brampton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> LOL Sammy chill , I wasn't going anywhere with this, I frankly dont care if you think my team is too old, your basically implying it by saying changing of the guard so to me thats the same thing only different words, I really dont care its fine, but I dont know why you have to deny anything in the first place, if you think they are too old just say it...I disagree I think that's a cop out for the lakers, you see to me that is like a excuse for the lakers, and I will not let them off the hook that easy by saying they are too old, now you get it? Of course the lakers are old, but too old to compete no I doubt it, and yes you know we both agree on the experience thing, we both lectured hi on that very thing, I know the whole changing of the guard thing is a sensitive thing with you, you get riled up about it cause youw ant to see new teams take over, its not gonna happen, one or two teams may come out like the thunder but ultimately the big markets always come back but thats my opinion and I think history proves it, especially in the NBA, but I am not against it either, thats just how it is.
Yea I understand like Dallas and Miami messing up the pattern. Correct? Is that not change? Come on Dallas never won a thing. Strike one there. Do you even understand what I mean by changing ? Has nothing to do with big small or medium markets. Um how do you conceive its not going to happen? I hope you stand corrected if ... Lakers, Boston,Detroit, I will throw in Miami now for you or San antonio( chee they big market?) Don't win the finals this year. If a brand new team is crowned and actually raised through the ranks, then what? Please don't say oh OKC had winning ways and snuck one in if they happen to take it. Ok Show you know what I think yea the media got the best of you. I will hold you to your theory. Dude even my climate is changing a balmy 65 in Jan. My friend ,change is possible. Look at your prez, my grandmother if alive today would never believe. Sorry show I disagree again on you big market theory. We did it in baseball back to back and heading that way again this year hopefully. Anything can happen.
Sammy

Brampton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Your no different show. One or 2 teams,either a small market team does it or not. So now you throw one or 2 teams as a reason to support your theory?. Come on now . It still make a difference regardless. Doesn't matter what your opinion really is over reality at the end of the day. I will start with Dallas and revisit this discussion in June.
Sammy

Brampton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Sorry I forgot Bulls and Rocket. There ya go.
Showtime

Rosemead, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Sammy wrote:
Your no different show. One or 2 teams,either a small market team does it or not. So now you throw one or 2 teams as a reason to support your theory?. Come on now . It still make a difference regardless. Doesn't matter what your opinion really is over reality at the end of the day. I will start with Dallas and revisit this discussion in June.
Are those fighting words sammy LOL im jk with you....Hey brother you have your opinion I got mine, I have no problem with any disagreements, you might be right but until all of the older teams who have won multiple championships begin to die like out I will say you were right...thunder, the grizz are fresh meat, the spurs I am convinced will never die lol.
Sammy

Brampton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Showtime wrote:
<quoted text>Are those fighting words sammy LOL im jk with you....Hey brother you have your opinion I got mine, I have no problem with any disagreements, you might be right but until all of the older teams who have won multiple championships begin to die like out I will say you were right...thunder, the grizz are fresh meat, the spurs I am convinced will never die lol.
hahahah ok show lol. You know Iam a supporter of fresh meat.
Showtime

Rosemead, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Sammy wrote:
<quoted text> Yea I understand like Dallas and Miami messing up the pattern. Correct? Is that not change? Come on Dallas never won a thing. Strike one there. Do you even understand what I mean by changing ? Has nothing to do with big small or medium markets. Um how do you conceive its not going to happen? I hope you stand corrected if ... Lakers, Boston,Detroit, I will throw in Miami now for you or San antonio( chee they big market?) Don't win the finals this year. If a brand new team is crowned and actually raised through the ranks, then what? Please don't say oh OKC had winning ways and snuck one in if they happen to take it. Ok Show you know what I think yea the media got the best of you. I will hold you to your theory. Dude even my climate is changing a balmy 65 in Jan. My friend ,change is possible. Look at your prez, my grandmother if alive today would never believe. Sorry show I disagree again on you big market theory. We did it in baseball back to back and heading that way again this year hopefully. Anything can happen.
LMAO I got what I wanted...sammy I admit I dont agree with everything you said, but in this case I am giving you a hard time I really wanted to see you go off LOL, I am just poking at you man, your right about OKC they might win it all, I am not against it, dont think I dont want to see new teams win, I would love to see a new team win for achange, OKC might get there, hell here come the warriors as well, so your wish is probably gonna come true, but I admit I pushed this a little more just to see you get crazy LOL....you can relax now lol
Sammy

Brampton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> LMAO I got what I wanted...sammy I admit I dont agree with everything you said, but in this case I am giving you a hard time I really wanted to see you go off LOL, I am just poking at you man, your right about OKC they might win it all, I am not against it, dont think I dont want to see new teams win, I would love to see a new team win for achange, OKC might get there, hell here come the warriors as well, so your wish is probably gonna come true, but I admit I pushed this a little more just to see you get crazy LOL....you can relax now lol
You bugger.lol. I had a feeling that's what you were doing. Hey buddy April fools isn't here yet. Nice try.
Sammy

Brampton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 12, 2013

Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> LMAO I got what I wanted...sammy I admit I dont agree with everything you said, but in this case I am giving you a hard time I really wanted to see you go off LOL, I am just poking at you man, your right about OKC they might win it all, I am not against it, dont think I dont want to see new teams win, I would love to see a new team win for achange, OKC might get there, hell here come the warriors as well, so your wish is probably gonna come true, but I admit I pushed this a little more just to see you get crazy LOL....you can relax now lol
Do any of us ever agree? Let's just say we all have valid and various opinions minus the two med freaks.

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Showtime wrote:
<quoted text>Don't worry guys you didn't hurt my feelings or anything, I am disappointed with my lakers, and I hear it everyday on the radio or on tv that they are too old, and for me its like a bail out for them, and I am infact trying to be hard on the lakers not trying to defend them, I dont want the old excuse cause I see the spurs, knicks, and even the celtics doing better, so I dont want to use that excuse, although injuries have been terrible...but my comments wasn't directed at you guys, Laker fans are not use to this , its been a strange year, I just hope my niners win today .
Funny how they are too old to play D, but not to run in D'antoni's system.
Sammy

Brampton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Hey B. Are you basking in this gorgeous weather? Since you are not too far from me, iam sure you are. Hey Iam heading to Ohio again in the summer for the AC Milan tournament . One of the biggest soccer tournaments in North America held in Ohio every year.
Dwhite12 LASlowtime

Apopka, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Even before Jim Buss' appearance Thursday on ESPN Radio in Los Angeles, there was a growing sense among those congregated in Reno that the Lakers don't have another blockbuster move in them this season. They're going to need a 30-15 finish just to get to the 45 wins that are typically sufficient to snag the eighth playoff spot in the West. But the sense out there is that trading Pau Gasol -- even if the Lakers could actually find a deal they like when Gasol's numbers, mobility and trade value are at all-time lows at age 32 -- would just as likely lead to more upheaval and adjustment for a team that fired Mike Brown after a mere five games, stunningly chose Mike D'Antoni over Phil Jackson as Brown's replacement and then had to wait 20-plus more games before reintroducing Steve Nash into the lineup. ESPN.com
Dwhite12 LASlowtime

Apopka, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

The Lakers have until Tuesday to apply for a “disabled players exception” for back up big man Jordan Hill.
It was announced on Friday that Hill will miss the remainder of the season with a hip injury that will sideline the forward-center for six months.
The Lakers can apply for an exception worth half of Hill’s $3.56-million salary. There’s no guarantee the league will approve the exception if the Lakers even apply for it, but if granted, the Lakers would gain about $1.78 million in additional spending power.
The Lakers can use that $1.78 million to either sign a player for the remainder of the year, or trade for one in the final year of his contract (with an additional $100,000 of leeway via trade for a $1.88-million maximum). The Lakers also waived rookie reserve guard Darius Johnson-Odom opening up a roster spot below the maximum of 15.
via Eric Pincus of The Los Angeles Times

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 58,321 - 58,340 of70,988
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••