lakers fans
Black Mamba

Tallahassee, FL

#59607 Jan 11, 2013
Dwhite12 wrote:
<quoted text>
rudy gay :) reunite pau with memphis...ya its a pipe dream
Lol yeah, but it can happen. I have no idea why the Grizz would consider even trading Rudy Gay. In my opinion, with out him they can't win a title and it seems as if they are not missing Mayo this year either.
Black Mamba

Tallahassee, FL

#59608 Jan 11, 2013
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> Last I heard they were one of the oldest teams in the NBA, Individually nash, howard and kobe have played well, they just haven't put it together as a team, I hope that makes sense.
Yeah they are old but at the same time they are experienced. That's how I look at it, but we all know that you can't get into a shootout with these young teams. When they run up and down the court on you they will make you look ancient lol. I have no idea how this season is goin to turn out because some playyers have stepped up recently with the injuires to the bigs and that could be a boost.

“Timshel”

Since: Jan 12

Tulsa, OK

#59609 Jan 11, 2013
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text>Phil system would have been better, but what would have happen to Steve Nash? Do you think Nash could have made adjustment to his game? The good thing is that he can hit oope shots if he had to. The Lakes right now don't have a identity and we all know their best chance at winning games is running a half court offence using their bigs. It's a complete mess right now, but still have a lot of games left to be played. First things first we have to get all the players back healthy.
I think Nash could've adjusted quickly in the triangle. His bball IQ is through the roof and we saw Paxson, Kerr, Hotrod Ron and Fish all carve out a good name for themselves in that offense. Nash most likely would've added a new dimension to the triangle as his skill set is unique to the aforementioned.

Plus it still makes no sense to hire D'Antoni and his system that 4 out of the starting 5 have to learn(while surgically implanting a 3rd lung) while Phil's would only have to be learned by 2. I know the triangle comes with a steeper learning curve but how many titles were won just in LA with the triangle...
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#59610 Jan 11, 2013
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah they are old but at the same time they are experienced. That's how I look at it, but we all know that you can't get into a shootout with these young teams. When they run up and down the court on you they will make you look ancient lol. I have no idea how this season is goin to turn out because some playyers have stepped up recently with the injuires to the bigs and that could be a boost.
Well I was talking about the knicks, I was responding to sammy who says the lakers are too old, I personally dont think they are, they have been plagued with injuries, and lack chemistry and timing together.

Since: Apr 08

Akron, Ohio

#59611 Jan 11, 2013
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text>To be honest with you I really don't think CHip Kelly will leave the Irish because he actually has made Notre Dame relevent and also his style of coaching won't work in the NFL. As for Burce Arians I'm not really sure because we both have seen a lot of coordinators of really can't cut is as a head coach. The % of them actually being able to are very slim. I'm not going for Houston because I don't see them beating the Pats in New England. The Pats will lose in the AFC title game to Denver which will be in Denver and Mannings last ride. Brady vs Manning one more time and I see the Broncos going to the Superbowl. I hope lol. Rex should have been fired when the season ended.
Chip Kelly was Oregon's HC. Anyway, doesn't matter now since the Browns hired Rob Chudzinski, Carolina's OC. I agree with you that OCs don't seem to be able to handle HCs positions very well. But here's hoping for all the Browns fans around here.

I'm looking forward to the Brady/Manning matchup again. I heard it may be the most watched game in the NFL.

It's been really difficult to sit and wait an extra week to watch the Pats play. Houston better be ready. Go Pats.
Dwhite12 LA Slowtim

Ocoee, FL

#59612 Jan 11, 2013
The Kings' sale to Hansen-Ballmer in Seattle is a done deal, according to CSNBayArea.com Matt Steinmetz: I've heard from reliable source that the Kings' sale to Hansen-Ballmer in Seattle is done deal. Source said price of the sale is $525 million. The source said further that the Maloofs will have no stake or decision-making with Seattle team and are out. Sulia

i may get nba 2k14just to have the sonics again lol
Sammy

Brampton, Canada

#59613 Jan 11, 2013
_Jusayin_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Nash could've adjusted quickly in the triangle. His bball IQ is through the roof and we saw Paxson, Kerr, Hotrod Ron and Fish all carve out a good name for themselves in that offense. Nash most likely would've added a new dimension to the triangle as his skill set is unique to the aforementioned.
Plus it still makes no sense to hire D'Antoni and his system that 4 out of the starting 5 have to learn(while surgically implanting a 3rd lung) while Phil's would only have to be learned by 2. I know the triangle comes with a steeper learning curve but how many titles were won just in LA with the triangle...
You forgot Stocton
Sammy

Brampton, Canada

#59614 Jan 11, 2013
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> Well I was talking about the knicks, I was responding to sammy who says the lakers are too old, I personally dont think they are, they have been plagued with injuries, and lack chemistry and timing together.
? Sorry but I don't recall saying the Lakers are too old. If you can find it show. Please copy and paste, otherwise I retract my comment. What I may have said is that the top teams sport younger players than the Lakers.
Sammy

Brampton, Canada

#59615 Jan 11, 2013
Dwhite12 LA Slowtim wrote:
The Kings' sale to Hansen-Ballmer in Seattle is a done deal, according to CSNBayArea.com Matt Steinmetz: I've heard from reliable source that the Kings' sale to Hansen-Ballmer in Seattle is done deal. Source said price of the sale is $525 million. The source said further that the Maloofs will have no stake or decision-making with Seattle team and are out. Sulia
i may get nba 2k14just to have the sonics again lol
Welcome back Sonics. I hope they rid the puky Green and yellow though.
Dwhite12 LA Slowtim

Ocoee, FL

#59616 Jan 11, 2013
Sammy wrote:
<quoted text> Welcome back Sonics. I hope they rid the puky Green and yellow though.
go back to the old school 90s uniforms, thats what im hoping for
Dwhite12 LA Slowtim

Ocoee, FL

#59617 Jan 11, 2013
Sammy wrote:
<quoted text> You forgot Stocton
i dont remember stockton playing the triangle offense, i at least think thats what he's referencing
Sammy

Brampton, Canada

#59618 Jan 11, 2013
<quoted text>
i dont remember stockton playing the triangle offense, i at least think thats what he's referencing
oh
Sammy

Brampton, Canada

#59619 Jan 11, 2013
<quoted text>
go back to the old school 90s uniforms, thats what im hoping for
Yes
Sammy

Brampton, Canada

#59620 Jan 11, 2013
Vanessa Bryant has called off her divorce from Kobe a little over a year after initiating the process.

Vanessa initiated the divorce in Dec. 2011, but she announced on her new Instagram account Friday that the two have reconciled and that they are no longer divorcing.

“We are pleased to announce that we have reconciled,” she wrote on Instagram on behalf of her and Kobe.“Our divorce action will be dismissed. We are looking forward to our future together.”

Kobe was working hard to try to preserve the marriage after Vanessa initiated the divorce. Not only did he sign the couple’s three mansions over to her (Vanessa recently sold one), but he also continued trying to be a good family man
Sammy

Brampton, Canada

#59621 Jan 11, 2013
Phil Jackson still has faith in the Los Angeles Lakers as the team’s playoff odds diminish.

"I still believe the Lakers can make the playoffs," Jackson said in an email to the Los Angeles Times. "They might have to have a 'come to Jesus' moment to get their defense in order, but they have the talent."

The Lakers, 15-20 on the season, are currently 5 games back of the eighth-place tied Portland Trail Blazers and Denver Nuggets.

"If we keep the energy and keep the team unity, then yeah, we can do anything we wanted to and we can make the playoffs and climb out of the ditch," Mike D'Antoni said. "But you can't do it sometimes and once a week or one quarter out of three or four. You just can't do that."

If history is any indication, the Lakers must win roughly 70 percent of their games the rest of the way to qualify for the playoffs.

"I think about it every day," Steve Nash said in a quiet moment after the Lakers' latest loss, Wednesday in San Antonio. "We've got to make some serious ground up here quickly. We're in deep, and we've got to find a way to scratch and claw and get to 48 wins
Sammy

Brampton, Canada

#59622 Jan 11, 2013
LeBron James is now 70 points away from reaching 20k point
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#59623 Jan 11, 2013
Sammy wrote:
<quoted text>? Sorry but I don't recall saying the Lakers are too old. If you can find it show. Please copy and paste, otherwise I retract my comment. What I may have said is that the top teams sport younger players than the Lakers.
HMm well I cant find it, but I could have sworn you told bewitched, something to the effect of you been saying it for a long time, that these teams are getting old, and the new younger teams will take over, now if you didn't mean the lakers at all then who did you mean? If you didn't mean the lakers at all then I apologize I thought you were including the lakers in that....but I been hearing it all over the media that the lakers are too old, I am not trying to defend the lakers, I just dont want the lakers to have some phony excuse that they are too old, they are just lazy on defense, but inuries have alos been a huge factor.

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#59624 Jan 11, 2013
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text>Phil system would have been better, but what would have happen to Steve Nash? Do you think Nash could have made adjustment to his game? The good thing is that he can hit oope shots if he had to. The Lakes right now don't have a identity and we all know their best chance at winning games is running a half court offence using their bigs. It's a complete mess right now, but still have a lot of games left to be played. First things first we have to get all the players back healthy.
Nash would had fit just fine cause in Phil's system the team can run, the only thing is that their runs come off defensive stops.
Nash can create his own shot, so we could penetrate and find the bigs for easy shots, he can also hit the big shots.
Steve has a good professionalism, nothing Gary Payton.
Problem would had been Steve's lack of D.
Sammy

Brampton, Canada

#59625 Jan 11, 2013
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> HMm well I cant find it, but I could have sworn you told bewitched, something to the effect of you been saying it for a long time, that these teams are getting old, and the new younger teams will take over, now if you didn't mean the lakers at all then who did you mean? If you didn't mean the lakers at all then I apologize I thought you were including the lakers in that....but I been hearing it all over the media that the lakers are too old, I am not trying to defend the lakers, I just dont want the lakers to have some phony excuse that they are too old, they are just lazy on defense, but inuries have alos been a huge factor.
No I believe it was B who mentioned that and if I am wrong I apologize.

Since: Apr 08

Akron, Ohio

#59626 Jan 12, 2013
I looked back a ways and found 4 references to the Lakers aging:

Post 59289 Big Tim
Post 59629 Jusayin
Post 59572 Show
Post 59597 RR

Hope this helps. Actually, I think you have been mentioning it from time to time since last season.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NBA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tony Allen says he wants to play about five mor... Jul 20 Fart news 4
News Philadelphia 76ers' Joel Embiid Can Now Be View... Jul 17 Fart news 2
News Predicting the Philadelphia 76ers' 2015 Startin... Jul 17 Fart news 2
News Hornets sign free agent guard Jeremy Lin Jul 16 Fart news 20
News NBA Rumors: Adam Silver Preparing to Ban Hack-a... Jul 12 Fart news 5
News NBA Trade News: Jeremy Lin Likely Heading To Ti... (May '14) Jul 11 Fart news 6
Buy Cheap NBA LIVE15 Where to Buy Jul 9 lilyzhao 5
More from around the web