Comments
58,281 - 58,300 of 71,529 Comments Last updated 7 hrs ago
Sammy

Brampton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59598
Jan 9, 2013
 
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
Well since You ask I will.
All these teams are full of young talent with small $$ contract, once these young players hit free agency.
All these players are going after their big contract, forcing their teams to concentrate on who they want to expend their big money on, the rest are not going be able to resign them for big cash and that's when the big market team step in take all that young talent from them.
OKC, had the two big pieces in Westbrook and Durant before they move to OKC that's why they are doing well right now, but for the same reason they lost Harden they can't keep adding big talent to their squad can't afford having some many big contracts.
You gotta give credit to their GM, plus aside from the thunder what else is there in OKC to compete for fan base?
Another good example is Portland, you take out the Blazers an what else is there to compete for fan base?
For what its worth,its not the same at the moment. That better? Lets face it our record is almost similar to yours and this I never witnessed.

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59599
Jan 9, 2013
 
Sammy wrote:
<quoted text>For what its worth,its not the same at the moment. That better? Lets face it our record is almost similar to yours and this I never witnessed.
At this moment this what is happening it has happened in the past before and then all these teams lose their talent to the big market and they go back down again.
There may be a exception to the rule like when Kings stayed competitive for while, but that was soooooo long ago.

Lakers are in unique situation call D'antoni suck balls system, You take the Lakers out the black hole and they could be doing a lot better, the talent is there in my opinion is not being utilize correctly.

For sake of my point let's wait until the next big wave young free hit the market and You will see how quick the big markets will take them away.
Dwhite12

Apopka, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59600
Jan 9, 2013
 
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text>So if we deal Gasol what players are out there that we can get him for? Like we all know Pau has skills and like you said his skills are just being wasted right now. Also Howard is not healthy at this point since the back surgery which has slowed his defense down. D'Antoni in my opinion will not be the coach after next season even if they make the playoffs because this team looks like what their record is which is the 11th spot in the west. David Stern and now Lakers management has cost the Laker dearly with not getting Paul and not getting Phil. Who knows what's going to happen next lol.
rudy gay :) reunite pau with memphis...ya its a pipe dream
Sammy

Brampton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59601
Jan 10, 2013
 
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
At this moment this what is happening it has happened in the past before and then all these teams lose their talent to the big market and they go back down again.
There may be a exception to the rule like when Kings stayed competitive for while, but that was soooooo long ago.
Lakers are in unique situation call D'antoni suck balls system, You take the Lakers out the black hole and they could be doing a lot better, the talent is there in my opinion is not being utilize correctly.
For sake of my point let's wait until the next big wave young free hit the market and You will see how quick the big markets will take them away.
yea lets wait,,, but for now it was bound to happen sooner than later.
Sammy

Brampton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59602
Jan 10, 2013
 
Lakers interested n Tyreke Evans
Dwhite12

Apopka, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59603
Jan 10, 2013
 
Jarrod N Rudolph &#8207;@JRudolphSports

While I was in L.A. this weekend, I spoke with 4 @Lakers that told me the team dedicates only 15-20 minutes of practice time to defense

https://twitter.com/JRudolphSports/s...978453...
Black Mamba

Bartow, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59604
Jan 11, 2013
 
Bewitched wrote:
<quoted text>
Chip Kelly thinks he's going to be the Pats next coach! He'll hold out until BB retires. Cohwer said not for another 4 years.(there's that Pittsburgh connection again) Saban's still riding the Tide's high after the Championship. At least, so far, they are going for quality coaches. What can you tell me about Bruce Arians, the Colts OC? Looks like he might be in the running.
Seriously, you're going with Houston? OMG If the Pats lose to them, I won't watch any more of the playoffs. lol I'm sure the spot you got is really close to the field, since your team went home earlier. lol j/k with you and your very lucky coach.
Cavs have lost Andy V for 6-8 weeks ... split quadriceps surgery! Maybe that will help make Tyler Zeller become a better center. lol
To be honest with you I really don't think CHip Kelly will leave the Irish because he actually has made Notre Dame relevent and also his style of coaching won't work in the NFL. As for Burce Arians I'm not really sure because we both have seen a lot of coordinators of really can't cut is as a head coach. The % of them actually being able to are very slim. I'm not going for Houston because I don't see them beating the Pats in New England. The Pats will lose in the AFC title game to Denver which will be in Denver and Mannings last ride. Brady vs Manning one more time and I see the Broncos going to the Superbowl. I hope lol. Rex should have been fired when the season ended.
Black Mamba

Bartow, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59605
Jan 11, 2013
 
Sammy wrote:
<quoted text> ahaha maybe. Well look at the Lakers, Suns, Dallas these days. They should be filling spots of GSW, Memphis and Clipps. So yes it has turned around.
IK agree because it's like a huge rotation right now. Also I know these other teams are very happy they get to beat up on the Lakers for a change lol. Pandas are going to be a tough out this year. Clippers, I hate to say, are in that same boat also.
Black Mamba

Bartow, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59606
Jan 11, 2013
 
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes very sad indeed, cause it's not utilizing the whole potential of this squad, phil's system was better for these players.
Lakers could play inside out game and run of their defensive stops, instead of jacking up 3's and take their bigs of the game.
Phil system would have been better, but what would have happen to Steve Nash? Do you think Nash could have made adjustment to his game? The good thing is that he can hit oope shots if he had to. The Lakes right now don't have a identity and we all know their best chance at winning games is running a half court offence using their bigs. It's a complete mess right now, but still have a lot of games left to be played. First things first we have to get all the players back healthy.
Black Mamba

Bartow, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59607
Jan 11, 2013
 
Dwhite12 wrote:
<quoted text>
rudy gay :) reunite pau with memphis...ya its a pipe dream
Lol yeah, but it can happen. I have no idea why the Grizz would consider even trading Rudy Gay. In my opinion, with out him they can't win a title and it seems as if they are not missing Mayo this year either.
Black Mamba

Bartow, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59608
Jan 11, 2013
 
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> Last I heard they were one of the oldest teams in the NBA, Individually nash, howard and kobe have played well, they just haven't put it together as a team, I hope that makes sense.
Yeah they are old but at the same time they are experienced. That's how I look at it, but we all know that you can't get into a shootout with these young teams. When they run up and down the court on you they will make you look ancient lol. I have no idea how this season is goin to turn out because some playyers have stepped up recently with the injuires to the bigs and that could be a boost.

“Timshel”

Since: Jan 12

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59609
Jan 11, 2013
 
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text>Phil system would have been better, but what would have happen to Steve Nash? Do you think Nash could have made adjustment to his game? The good thing is that he can hit oope shots if he had to. The Lakes right now don't have a identity and we all know their best chance at winning games is running a half court offence using their bigs. It's a complete mess right now, but still have a lot of games left to be played. First things first we have to get all the players back healthy.
I think Nash could've adjusted quickly in the triangle. His bball IQ is through the roof and we saw Paxson, Kerr, Hotrod Ron and Fish all carve out a good name for themselves in that offense. Nash most likely would've added a new dimension to the triangle as his skill set is unique to the aforementioned.

Plus it still makes no sense to hire D'Antoni and his system that 4 out of the starting 5 have to learn(while surgically implanting a 3rd lung) while Phil's would only have to be learned by 2. I know the triangle comes with a steeper learning curve but how many titles were won just in LA with the triangle...
Showtime

Rosemead, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59610
Jan 11, 2013
 
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah they are old but at the same time they are experienced. That's how I look at it, but we all know that you can't get into a shootout with these young teams. When they run up and down the court on you they will make you look ancient lol. I have no idea how this season is goin to turn out because some playyers have stepped up recently with the injuires to the bigs and that could be a boost.
Well I was talking about the knicks, I was responding to sammy who says the lakers are too old, I personally dont think they are, they have been plagued with injuries, and lack chemistry and timing together.

Since: Apr 08

Akron, Ohio

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59611
Jan 11, 2013
 
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text>To be honest with you I really don't think CHip Kelly will leave the Irish because he actually has made Notre Dame relevent and also his style of coaching won't work in the NFL. As for Burce Arians I'm not really sure because we both have seen a lot of coordinators of really can't cut is as a head coach. The % of them actually being able to are very slim. I'm not going for Houston because I don't see them beating the Pats in New England. The Pats will lose in the AFC title game to Denver which will be in Denver and Mannings last ride. Brady vs Manning one more time and I see the Broncos going to the Superbowl. I hope lol. Rex should have been fired when the season ended.
Chip Kelly was Oregon's HC. Anyway, doesn't matter now since the Browns hired Rob Chudzinski, Carolina's OC. I agree with you that OCs don't seem to be able to handle HCs positions very well. But here's hoping for all the Browns fans around here.

I'm looking forward to the Brady/Manning matchup again. I heard it may be the most watched game in the NFL.

It's been really difficult to sit and wait an extra week to watch the Pats play. Houston better be ready. Go Pats.
Dwhite12 LA Slowtim

Apopka, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59612
Jan 11, 2013
 
The Kings' sale to Hansen-Ballmer in Seattle is a done deal, according to CSNBayArea.com Matt Steinmetz: I've heard from reliable source that the Kings' sale to Hansen-Ballmer in Seattle is done deal. Source said price of the sale is $525 million. The source said further that the Maloofs will have no stake or decision-making with Seattle team and are out. Sulia

i may get nba 2k14just to have the sonics again lol
Sammy

Brampton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59613
Jan 11, 2013
 
_Jusayin_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I think Nash could've adjusted quickly in the triangle. His bball IQ is through the roof and we saw Paxson, Kerr, Hotrod Ron and Fish all carve out a good name for themselves in that offense. Nash most likely would've added a new dimension to the triangle as his skill set is unique to the aforementioned.
Plus it still makes no sense to hire D'Antoni and his system that 4 out of the starting 5 have to learn(while surgically implanting a 3rd lung) while Phil's would only have to be learned by 2. I know the triangle comes with a steeper learning curve but how many titles were won just in LA with the triangle...
You forgot Stocton
Sammy

Brampton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59614
Jan 11, 2013
 
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> Well I was talking about the knicks, I was responding to sammy who says the lakers are too old, I personally dont think they are, they have been plagued with injuries, and lack chemistry and timing together.
? Sorry but I don't recall saying the Lakers are too old. If you can find it show. Please copy and paste, otherwise I retract my comment. What I may have said is that the top teams sport younger players than the Lakers.
Sammy

Brampton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59615
Jan 11, 2013
 
Dwhite12 LA Slowtim wrote:
The Kings' sale to Hansen-Ballmer in Seattle is a done deal, according to CSNBayArea.com Matt Steinmetz: I've heard from reliable source that the Kings' sale to Hansen-Ballmer in Seattle is done deal. Source said price of the sale is $525 million. The source said further that the Maloofs will have no stake or decision-making with Seattle team and are out. Sulia
i may get nba 2k14just to have the sonics again lol
Welcome back Sonics. I hope they rid the puky Green and yellow though.
Dwhite12 LA Slowtim

Apopka, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59616
Jan 11, 2013
 
Sammy wrote:
<quoted text> Welcome back Sonics. I hope they rid the puky Green and yellow though.
go back to the old school 90s uniforms, thats what im hoping for
Dwhite12 LA Slowtim

Apopka, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59617
Jan 11, 2013
 
Sammy wrote:
<quoted text> You forgot Stocton
i dont remember stockton playing the triangle offense, i at least think thats what he's referencing

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent NBA Basketball Discussions

Search the NBA Basketball Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
The Starting Lineup Revealed 14 hr naqib 2
Cavaliers suspend C Andrew Bynum indefinitely (Dec '13) 15 hr xdd 2
Updating the Top 100 NBA Players at the First Q... (Dec '12) 15 hr sdd 2
Divorce not an option for Khloe Kardashian (May '12) 15 hr wertgh 18
Lamar Odom: 5 Teams That Should Take a Gamble o... (Apr '12) 15 hr wertgh 75
Lebron James Says He Chooses Not to Lead the NB... (Dec '12) 15 hr wertgh 23
NBA Extra: Is Dwyane Wade the world's best? (Nov '08) 15 hr wertgh 15,623
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••