lakers fans

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#59587 Jan 9, 2013
Sam wrote:
<quoted text> Yea that big contract Pau has kills a lot unless there is a three way some how. Not sure but he is eating up too much for nothing really. Unless something miraculous happens
Actually Sammy Pau has clause that if traded they have to pay him a big chunk of $$ in cash, just like Odom did in his contract when L.A. got him from Miami.

That makes it even harder to trade, the team that gets him gotta pay that cash, that could turn off teams from wanting him.

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

#59588 Jan 9, 2013
Sam wrote:
I say fire D'antoni and bring in Sloan its that simple. I said Sloan all along.
Hmmm I like that thinking.

How similar is Nash game to Stockton's game?

One thing is favor is that Nash is a mature player, so are Gasol, KB, and Artest.

These are no excuses players, plus a young Howard could make this very interesting.

I would love to see what Sloan can do with deep talented squad, not just three players keeping the whole team full of below average player glue together.
Sammy

Brampton, Canada

#59589 Jan 9, 2013
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
Sammy except for the clippers it will come down to market $$$, is not the first time we see this and season and half later players become free agents and bounce to where $$$ is at.
Clippers is even worse they just didn't want to pay $$$, cause the market is big enough for clipps and Lakers.
If they keep paying the salaries and bringing the talent they will stay as top squad for seasons to come.
Dollars aside RR, I knew the clipps since I watched them in Buffalo . They were always crap period. I wasn't discussing accounting figures just merely the fact that the weaker teams are replacing the slots of the traditional stronger teams. However you just answered the reasons why.
Sammy

Brampton, Canada

#59590 Jan 9, 2013
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Sammy Pau has clause that if traded they have to pay him a big chunk of $$ in cash, just like Odom did in his contract when L.A. got him from Miami.
That makes it even harder to trade, the team that gets him gotta pay that cash, that could turn off teams from wanting him.
ok sure, now besides clips explain GSW, Memphis, Dallas, phoenix declining, OKC rising each year? of course it evolves around moola but OKC is not exactly big city LA. Dude the divisions are changing no matter how you look at it. You can't debate that.
Sammy

Brampton, Canada

#59591 Jan 9, 2013
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm I like that thinking.
How similar is Nash game to Stockton's game?
One thing is favor is that Nash is a mature player, so are Gasol, KB, and Artest.
These are no excuses players, plus a young Howard could make this very interesting.
I would love to see what Sloan can do with deep talented squad, not just three players keeping the whole team full of below average player glue together.
Well Sloan could be a bit rusty now.
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#59592 Jan 9, 2013
Sammy wrote:
<quoted text> Question though, If those guys are playing so well as you say then explain the record? Forget the system that's only a part of the equation as some would say age. Secondly, Knicks are old? Really? Is it because Sheed shoots up the average? Just wondering. If I look at the Knicks bench I wouldn't say they are old and that brings the average back down. Just my take.
Last I heard they were one of the oldest teams in the NBA, Individually nash, howard and kobe have played well, they just haven't put it together as a team, I hope that makes sense.
Sammy

Brampton, Canada

#59593 Jan 9, 2013
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> Last I heard they were one of the oldest teams in the NBA, Individually nash, howard and kobe have played well, they just haven't put it together as a team, I hope that makes sense.
Damn show I forgot the 2 oldest goats, kidd and amare. I guess I don't see them enough playing and forgot. You are right.
Sammy

Brampton, Canada

#59594 Jan 9, 2013
Hey WB welcome back your Seattle Supersonics. I guess bye bye Sac queens.

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

#59595 Jan 9, 2013
Sammy wrote:
<quoted text> Dollars aside RR, I knew the clipps since I watched them in Buffalo . They were always crap period. I wasn't discussing accounting figures just merely the fact that the weaker teams are replacing the slots of the traditional stronger teams. However you just answered the reasons why.
Well You said it BUFFALO!!!...lol

Well my point is that we seen this before, how weaker team are replaced stronger teams, until free agency hits and they lose all their key players to the bigger markets and they go back down.

Clipper being the exception since they could had avoid it, ever since they arrived in L.A.

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

#59596 Jan 9, 2013
Sammy wrote:
<quoted text> ok sure, now besides clips explain GSW, Memphis, Dallas, phoenix declining, OKC rising each year? of course it evolves around moola but OKC is not exactly big city LA. Dude the divisions are changing no matter how you look at it. You can't debate that.
Well since You ask I will.

All these teams are full of young talent with small $$ contract, once these young players hit free agency.
All these players are going after their big contract, forcing their teams to concentrate on who they want to expend their big money on, the rest are not going be able to resign them for big cash and that's when the big market team step in take all that young talent from them.

OKC, had the two big pieces in Westbrook and Durant before they move to OKC that's why they are doing well right now, but for the same reason they lost Harden they can't keep adding big talent to their squad can't afford having some many big contracts.
You gotta give credit to their GM, plus aside from the thunder what else is there in OKC to compete for fan base?

Another good example is Portland, you take out the Blazers an what else is there to compete for fan base?

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

#59597 Jan 9, 2013
Sammy wrote:
<quoted text> Well Sloan could be a bit rusty now.
Yeah I understand, but these Lakers team is old school, I don't see a huge gap in ages.

Sloan is the type that likes D and play hard no excuses, I don't think he is not rusty enough yet.
Sammy

Brampton, Canada

#59598 Jan 9, 2013
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
Well since You ask I will.
All these teams are full of young talent with small $$ contract, once these young players hit free agency.
All these players are going after their big contract, forcing their teams to concentrate on who they want to expend their big money on, the rest are not going be able to resign them for big cash and that's when the big market team step in take all that young talent from them.
OKC, had the two big pieces in Westbrook and Durant before they move to OKC that's why they are doing well right now, but for the same reason they lost Harden they can't keep adding big talent to their squad can't afford having some many big contracts.
You gotta give credit to their GM, plus aside from the thunder what else is there in OKC to compete for fan base?
Another good example is Portland, you take out the Blazers an what else is there to compete for fan base?
For what its worth,its not the same at the moment. That better? Lets face it our record is almost similar to yours and this I never witnessed.

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

#59599 Jan 9, 2013
Sammy wrote:
<quoted text>For what its worth,its not the same at the moment. That better? Lets face it our record is almost similar to yours and this I never witnessed.
At this moment this what is happening it has happened in the past before and then all these teams lose their talent to the big market and they go back down again.
There may be a exception to the rule like when Kings stayed competitive for while, but that was soooooo long ago.

Lakers are in unique situation call D'antoni suck balls system, You take the Lakers out the black hole and they could be doing a lot better, the talent is there in my opinion is not being utilize correctly.

For sake of my point let's wait until the next big wave young free hit the market and You will see how quick the big markets will take them away.
Dwhite12

Ocoee, FL

#59600 Jan 9, 2013
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text>So if we deal Gasol what players are out there that we can get him for? Like we all know Pau has skills and like you said his skills are just being wasted right now. Also Howard is not healthy at this point since the back surgery which has slowed his defense down. D'Antoni in my opinion will not be the coach after next season even if they make the playoffs because this team looks like what their record is which is the 11th spot in the west. David Stern and now Lakers management has cost the Laker dearly with not getting Paul and not getting Phil. Who knows what's going to happen next lol.
rudy gay :) reunite pau with memphis...ya its a pipe dream
Sammy

Brampton, Canada

#59601 Jan 10, 2013
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
At this moment this what is happening it has happened in the past before and then all these teams lose their talent to the big market and they go back down again.
There may be a exception to the rule like when Kings stayed competitive for while, but that was soooooo long ago.
Lakers are in unique situation call D'antoni suck balls system, You take the Lakers out the black hole and they could be doing a lot better, the talent is there in my opinion is not being utilize correctly.
For sake of my point let's wait until the next big wave young free hit the market and You will see how quick the big markets will take them away.
yea lets wait,,, but for now it was bound to happen sooner than later.
Sammy

Brampton, Canada

#59602 Jan 10, 2013
Lakers interested n Tyreke Evans
Dwhite12

Ocoee, FL

#59603 Jan 10, 2013
Jarrod N Rudolph &#8207;@JRudolphSports

While I was in L.A. this weekend, I spoke with 4 @Lakers that told me the team dedicates only 15-20 minutes of practice time to defense

https://twitter.com/JRudolphSports/s...978453...
Black Mamba

Tallahassee, FL

#59604 Jan 11, 2013
Bewitched wrote:
<quoted text>
Chip Kelly thinks he's going to be the Pats next coach! He'll hold out until BB retires. Cohwer said not for another 4 years.(there's that Pittsburgh connection again) Saban's still riding the Tide's high after the Championship. At least, so far, they are going for quality coaches. What can you tell me about Bruce Arians, the Colts OC? Looks like he might be in the running.
Seriously, you're going with Houston? OMG If the Pats lose to them, I won't watch any more of the playoffs. lol I'm sure the spot you got is really close to the field, since your team went home earlier. lol j/k with you and your very lucky coach.
Cavs have lost Andy V for 6-8 weeks ... split quadriceps surgery! Maybe that will help make Tyler Zeller become a better center. lol
To be honest with you I really don't think CHip Kelly will leave the Irish because he actually has made Notre Dame relevent and also his style of coaching won't work in the NFL. As for Burce Arians I'm not really sure because we both have seen a lot of coordinators of really can't cut is as a head coach. The % of them actually being able to are very slim. I'm not going for Houston because I don't see them beating the Pats in New England. The Pats will lose in the AFC title game to Denver which will be in Denver and Mannings last ride. Brady vs Manning one more time and I see the Broncos going to the Superbowl. I hope lol. Rex should have been fired when the season ended.
Black Mamba

Tallahassee, FL

#59605 Jan 11, 2013
Sammy wrote:
<quoted text> ahaha maybe. Well look at the Lakers, Suns, Dallas these days. They should be filling spots of GSW, Memphis and Clipps. So yes it has turned around.
IK agree because it's like a huge rotation right now. Also I know these other teams are very happy they get to beat up on the Lakers for a change lol. Pandas are going to be a tough out this year. Clippers, I hate to say, are in that same boat also.
Black Mamba

Tallahassee, FL

#59606 Jan 11, 2013
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes very sad indeed, cause it's not utilizing the whole potential of this squad, phil's system was better for these players.
Lakers could play inside out game and run of their defensive stops, instead of jacking up 3's and take their bigs of the game.
Phil system would have been better, but what would have happen to Steve Nash? Do you think Nash could have made adjustment to his game? The good thing is that he can hit oope shots if he had to. The Lakes right now don't have a identity and we all know their best chance at winning games is running a half court offence using their bigs. It's a complete mess right now, but still have a lot of games left to be played. First things first we have to get all the players back healthy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NBA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who is better, Kobe or LeBron? (Mar '09) Aug 26 Fart news 2,106
News NBA Rumors: Knicks Interested In Trading For Ja... Aug 19 Fart news 2
how to get into the nba?? (May '06) Aug 18 Baby Kareem 480
News Jonas Valanciunas may get a max-deal despite no... Aug 10 Fart news 2
mai chut chatta hu Aug 8 Raj 1
News Is Kobe Bryant better than Michael Jordan? (Apr '07) Aug '15 Fart news 12,043
News Tony Allen says he wants to play about five mor... Jul '15 Fart news 4
More from around the web