Since: Apr 08

Akron, Ohio

#59579 Jan 9, 2013
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text>I don't blame those coaches because the NFL players and schemes are faster and more complex than College. That's why you have a only small % of players who actually can make it in the NFL. Remember Saban went to the Dolphins? That was a bad sitauation from the get go. Go for the Pats????????? GOD NOO!!!!!!!! Lol. I want them to lose, but they will lose in the AF Championship game to the Bronocs. I'm glad they didn't get that #1 seed. I'm a Jets fan and I need them sitting at home with us. We saved a nice spot for you lol.
Chip Kelly thinks he's going to be the Pats next coach! He'll hold out until BB retires. Cohwer said not for another 4 years.(there's that Pittsburgh connection again) Saban's still riding the Tide's high after the Championship. At least, so far, they are going for quality coaches. What can you tell me about Bruce Arians, the Colts OC? Looks like he might be in the running.

Seriously, you're going with Houston? OMG If the Pats lose to them, I won't watch any more of the playoffs. lol I'm sure the spot you got is really close to the field, since your team went home earlier. lol j/k with you and your very lucky coach.

Cavs have lost Andy V for 6-8 weeks ... split quadriceps surgery! Maybe that will help make Tyler Zeller become a better center. lol
Dwhite12

Ocoee, FL

#59580 Jan 9, 2013
Investor Chris Hansen, seeking to bring an NBA team to Seattle, is nearing a deal to buy the Sacramento Kings from the Maloof family for about $500 million, multiple websites are reporting.

Hansen is trying to build a new arena in Seattle, which lost the SuperSonics to Oklahoma City in 2008. The Maloofs are looking to sell the Kings because they have been unable to come up with a long-term solution for a new arena in Sacramento.

As a prerequisite before construction can start on his proposed $490 million venue in Seattle, Hansen must bring an NBA franchise to Seattle. He also wants a business partner to find an NHL team for the city.

The city of Seattle retained the rights to the “SuperSonics” name and logo, so if the Kings do relocate to the Pacific Northwest, they could be renamed the Sonics.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp...
Sammy

Brampton, Canada

#59581 Jan 9, 2013
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text>Humphries just couldn't handled all that a## she got and he now misses it like crazy lol He spent half of his contract on a ring. That was very smart of him. I missed 2 picks last nitht, but at least I was dead on about the Pacers and Heat. Good to see them lose lol. Here are my winners for tonight. Dinosaurs over Suckers(Raptors are going to go 13-22 on the season Sam). Spazz over Crippled Kittens( How the Kittens get 9 wins so early in the season). Dead Buzzards over Cadavers(Sorry B). Smelltics over Moons(The return of Avery has given the C's a boost). Cows over Deer( Hamburger taster better than deer meat lol). Sprockets over Girly Birds(Blowout) Sperms over LAzy(Nightmare season continues)Lightning over Wolves(Blowout)Gold Nuggets over Tragic(McGee 30 pts lol)Slipers over Cubans Misfits(Blowout)Pandas over Warriors(Very Close Entertaining Game)
hahahah cubans misfits. Yea they in the pooor house.
Sammy

Brampton, Canada

#59582 Jan 9, 2013
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with you and I recalled that you said things are slowly turning for the small market teams. I think that's a good sign for the NBA going into the future. Maybe the Pelicans will win the NBA title in 2020 lol.
ahaha maybe. Well look at the Lakers, Suns, Dallas these days. They should be filling spots of GSW, Memphis and Clipps. So yes it has turned around.
Sammy

Brampton, Canada

#59583 Jan 9, 2013
Word on the street up here is Rudy Gay to the Raps for Calderon Ed Davis and future pick. Looks like Grizz has Zach on the block too.

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#59584 Jan 9, 2013
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text>The sad thing is that I think the Lakers are going to let him finish this season out and then give him the boot very quickly. It would not shocked me if they didn't make the playoffs this year and even if they did how far can they make it? Maybe 1 and done at best in my opinion.
Yes very sad indeed, cause it's not utilizing the whole potential of this squad, phil's system was better for these players.

Lakers could play inside out game and run of their defensive stops, instead of jacking up 3's and take their bigs of the game.
Sammy

Brampton, Canada

#59585 Jan 9, 2013
Showtime wrote:
Tired of hearing the lakers are too old, that is not the problem! obviously its not when they were the most hyped up team before this season started, everyone was talking about them and miami meeting up...nash, kobe, howard are all still playing very well, and pau would play well too if he was back in the post...there are conflicting problems with players and systems, and then coaches who cant figure it out, D'antoni has one way he likes to play, seems like thats all he knows, mike brown all he knew was defense, thats on mitch and jim not hiring a coach who can adjust based on what you have on your roster...They are slow, but not so much because they are old, not an excuse when you see teams like the spurs and the knicks, and the celtics are also old but playing better than the lakers who are probably more talented then they are...one thing I see is in todays NBA which everything has gone faster, we seemingly have 2 centers in the starting line up, that just doesn't work anymore, it did a few years ago, but the nba has adjusted to make teams like the lakers look slower, so lakers must counter, but for some reason these coaches that we are getting are ignoring the talent they are ignoring the kind of talent they have...its like doing long distance shooting with a shot gun great gun but it doesn't work, that is not what a shot gun is for, pau is not a 3 point shooter!! hes a great post up player decent mid range shooter, pau is just one example, so please none of this they are old crap, charles barkley said the lakers are too old, if barkley saying the same thing you said, you better check yourself LOL.
Question though, If those guys are playing so well as you say then explain the record? Forget the system that's only a part of the equation as some would say age. Secondly, Knicks are old? Really? Is it because Sheed shoots up the average? Just wondering. If I look at the Knicks bench I wouldn't say they are old and that brings the average back down. Just my take.

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

#59586 Jan 9, 2013
Sam wrote:
Memphis, OKC,Clipp, GSW were all horrible teams not long ago the certainly take up 4 spots alone, if that's not change I don't know what is. Perhaps yea it comes down to coaching too.
Sammy except for the clippers it will come down to market $$$, is not the first time we see this and season and half later players become free agents and bounce to where $$$ is at.

Clippers is even worse they just didn't want to pay $$$, cause the market is big enough for clipps and Lakers.

If they keep paying the salaries and bringing the talent they will stay as top squad for seasons to come.

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

#59587 Jan 9, 2013
Sam wrote:
<quoted text> Yea that big contract Pau has kills a lot unless there is a three way some how. Not sure but he is eating up too much for nothing really. Unless something miraculous happens
Actually Sammy Pau has clause that if traded they have to pay him a big chunk of $$ in cash, just like Odom did in his contract when L.A. got him from Miami.

That makes it even harder to trade, the team that gets him gotta pay that cash, that could turn off teams from wanting him.

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

#59588 Jan 9, 2013
Sam wrote:
I say fire D'antoni and bring in Sloan its that simple. I said Sloan all along.
Hmmm I like that thinking.

How similar is Nash game to Stockton's game?

One thing is favor is that Nash is a mature player, so are Gasol, KB, and Artest.

These are no excuses players, plus a young Howard could make this very interesting.

I would love to see what Sloan can do with deep talented squad, not just three players keeping the whole team full of below average player glue together.
Sammy

Brampton, Canada

#59589 Jan 9, 2013
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
Sammy except for the clippers it will come down to market $$$, is not the first time we see this and season and half later players become free agents and bounce to where $$$ is at.
Clippers is even worse they just didn't want to pay $$$, cause the market is big enough for clipps and Lakers.
If they keep paying the salaries and bringing the talent they will stay as top squad for seasons to come.
Dollars aside RR, I knew the clipps since I watched them in Buffalo . They were always crap period. I wasn't discussing accounting figures just merely the fact that the weaker teams are replacing the slots of the traditional stronger teams. However you just answered the reasons why.
Sammy

Brampton, Canada

#59590 Jan 9, 2013
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Sammy Pau has clause that if traded they have to pay him a big chunk of $$ in cash, just like Odom did in his contract when L.A. got him from Miami.
That makes it even harder to trade, the team that gets him gotta pay that cash, that could turn off teams from wanting him.
ok sure, now besides clips explain GSW, Memphis, Dallas, phoenix declining, OKC rising each year? of course it evolves around moola but OKC is not exactly big city LA. Dude the divisions are changing no matter how you look at it. You can't debate that.
Sammy

Brampton, Canada

#59591 Jan 9, 2013
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmmm I like that thinking.
How similar is Nash game to Stockton's game?
One thing is favor is that Nash is a mature player, so are Gasol, KB, and Artest.
These are no excuses players, plus a young Howard could make this very interesting.
I would love to see what Sloan can do with deep talented squad, not just three players keeping the whole team full of below average player glue together.
Well Sloan could be a bit rusty now.
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#59592 Jan 9, 2013
Sammy wrote:
<quoted text> Question though, If those guys are playing so well as you say then explain the record? Forget the system that's only a part of the equation as some would say age. Secondly, Knicks are old? Really? Is it because Sheed shoots up the average? Just wondering. If I look at the Knicks bench I wouldn't say they are old and that brings the average back down. Just my take.
Last I heard they were one of the oldest teams in the NBA, Individually nash, howard and kobe have played well, they just haven't put it together as a team, I hope that makes sense.
Sammy

Brampton, Canada

#59593 Jan 9, 2013
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> Last I heard they were one of the oldest teams in the NBA, Individually nash, howard and kobe have played well, they just haven't put it together as a team, I hope that makes sense.
Damn show I forgot the 2 oldest goats, kidd and amare. I guess I don't see them enough playing and forgot. You are right.
Sammy

Brampton, Canada

#59594 Jan 9, 2013
Hey WB welcome back your Seattle Supersonics. I guess bye bye Sac queens.

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

#59595 Jan 9, 2013
Sammy wrote:
<quoted text> Dollars aside RR, I knew the clipps since I watched them in Buffalo . They were always crap period. I wasn't discussing accounting figures just merely the fact that the weaker teams are replacing the slots of the traditional stronger teams. However you just answered the reasons why.
Well You said it BUFFALO!!!...lol

Well my point is that we seen this before, how weaker team are replaced stronger teams, until free agency hits and they lose all their key players to the bigger markets and they go back down.

Clipper being the exception since they could had avoid it, ever since they arrived in L.A.

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

#59596 Jan 9, 2013
Sammy wrote:
<quoted text> ok sure, now besides clips explain GSW, Memphis, Dallas, phoenix declining, OKC rising each year? of course it evolves around moola but OKC is not exactly big city LA. Dude the divisions are changing no matter how you look at it. You can't debate that.
Well since You ask I will.

All these teams are full of young talent with small $$ contract, once these young players hit free agency.
All these players are going after their big contract, forcing their teams to concentrate on who they want to expend their big money on, the rest are not going be able to resign them for big cash and that's when the big market team step in take all that young talent from them.

OKC, had the two big pieces in Westbrook and Durant before they move to OKC that's why they are doing well right now, but for the same reason they lost Harden they can't keep adding big talent to their squad can't afford having some many big contracts.
You gotta give credit to their GM, plus aside from the thunder what else is there in OKC to compete for fan base?

Another good example is Portland, you take out the Blazers an what else is there to compete for fan base?

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

#59597 Jan 9, 2013
Sammy wrote:
<quoted text> Well Sloan could be a bit rusty now.
Yeah I understand, but these Lakers team is old school, I don't see a huge gap in ages.

Sloan is the type that likes D and play hard no excuses, I don't think he is not rusty enough yet.
Sammy

Brampton, Canada

#59598 Jan 9, 2013
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
Well since You ask I will.
All these teams are full of young talent with small $$ contract, once these young players hit free agency.
All these players are going after their big contract, forcing their teams to concentrate on who they want to expend their big money on, the rest are not going be able to resign them for big cash and that's when the big market team step in take all that young talent from them.
OKC, had the two big pieces in Westbrook and Durant before they move to OKC that's why they are doing well right now, but for the same reason they lost Harden they can't keep adding big talent to their squad can't afford having some many big contracts.
You gotta give credit to their GM, plus aside from the thunder what else is there in OKC to compete for fan base?
Another good example is Portland, you take out the Blazers an what else is there to compete for fan base?
For what its worth,its not the same at the moment. That better? Lets face it our record is almost similar to yours and this I never witnessed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NBA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher are parents Sat Big mike 13
Blake Griffin slams his a weird racist unclea D... Oct 17 Bobs Your Uncle 2
Trey Burke Apologizes to the Jazz Because Photo... Oct 13 budct 1
Please Help Oct 8 HectorYLand 1
Jeremy Lin Manhood Size Discussions Reveal Raci... (Feb '12) Oct 2 Sam 23
Clippers' Sterling apologizes, says 'not a racist' Sep 30 Streetrunner 5
Here's Why You Should Get A Massage Today Sep 30 zelda 1

NBA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE