lakers fans
Sammy

Brampton, Canada

#59485 Jan 6, 2013
Man OKC just too tough for us. That Westbrook is something.
Dwhite12

Ocoee, FL

#59486 Jan 6, 2013
dwight with the assist to galinari for the win!

come on man!
Sam

Brampton, Canada

#59487 Jan 7, 2013
Dwhite12 wrote:
come on man!
it won't get any easier either. Lakers need a deal and quick. Pau needs to go.
:)

Blanchard, OK

#59488 Jan 7, 2013
Sammy wrote:
Man OKC just too tough for us. That Westbrook is something.
Westbrook is awesome!
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#59489 Jan 7, 2013
Dwhite12 wrote:
come on man!
Not Dwights fault, although I think he could have just tapped it and controlled it or at least attempted to do that....Lakers simply not playing defense until the final minutes of the 4th, at this point I dont know who to blame, other than the whole team, what I think should and probably will happen is pau getting dealt for pieces that will fit into this system, lakers have no identity, you have a great pg who needs to run to be effective, but you have a team made more for half court offense, thats not really paus fault he just no longer fits in with us.
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#59490 Jan 7, 2013
Sam wrote:
<quoted text> it won't get any easier either. Lakers need a deal and quick. Pau needs to go.
I agree with you, I been saying it this is a identity problem, you have a team that is slow, and doesn't know what it wants to do on offense, mitch and jim did a terrible job figuring this out...sammy you heard me saying it many many times about steve nash, hes a great pg but hes a system pg right? Hes turned the lakers around and made them better, but now they are falling back again, because they are trying to slow the offense down, when they do that it makes nash look average, this team needs to figure out what it wants to do and quickly.
Sam

Canada

#59491 Jan 7, 2013
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> Not Dwights fault, although I think he could have just tapped it and controlled it or at least attempted to do that....Lakers simply not playing defense until the final minutes of the 4th, at this point I dont know who to blame, other than the whole team, what I think should and probably will happen is pau getting dealt for pieces that will fit into this system, lakers have no identity, you have a great pg who needs to run to be effective, but you have a team made more for half court offense, thats not really paus fault he just no longer fits in with us.
Sounds familiar here with Bargs.
Sam

Canada

#59492 Jan 7, 2013
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> I agree with you, I been saying it this is a identity problem, you have a team that is slow, and doesn't know what it wants to do on offense, mitch and jim did a terrible job figuring this out...sammy you heard me saying it many many times about steve nash, hes a great pg but hes a system pg right? Hes turned the lakers around and made them better, but now they are falling back again, because they are trying to slow the offense down, when they do that it makes nash look average, this team needs to figure out what it wants to do and quickly.
Can't debate this. Dead on and exactly what you predicted. Sad when you and the obvious was staring down at management. Would Phil make a difference?
Sam

Canada

#59494 Jan 7, 2013
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> I agree with you, I been saying it this is a identity problem, you have a team that is slow, and doesn't know what it wants to do on offense, mitch and jim did a terrible job figuring this out...sammy you heard me saying it many many times about steve nash, hes a great pg but hes a system pg right? Hes turned the lakers around and made them better, but now they are falling back again, because they are trying to slow the offense down, when they do that it makes nash look average, this team needs to figure out what it wants to do and quickly.
I was trying to figure out what Pau was doing when he threw(can't remember player) on to the floor. If anyone is working hard to me is Meeks and Hill. I actually like those guys. I agree I am not sold on Nash. If they reach playoffs I could see Nash a huge factor but right now, I just don't see it.

“Timshel”

Since: Jan 12

Tulsa, OK

#59495 Jan 7, 2013
This has become a power struggle from the top down. Jim Buss is the catalyst with his it's not my Daddy's team anymore mentality. He's trying to do what he wants with no regard for what's right. Kobe has lost Odom, Bynum, Fish and Barnes who all realized it was Kobe's team even though Fish was the vocal leader.

Now you've got Dwight a supposed team leader who thinks you should wear a 24/7 smile on your face and Nash another team leader who's trying to fit in as a leader while still respecting Kobe and lastly, you've got D'Antoni who as he did in NY seems clueless on how to manage a team with multiple stars Pau especially(is he staying, is he going? Is he playing or is he benched?)and doesn't seem to emphasize team or individual defense at all. This team has too many chiefs it seems.

Looking at the Lakers here and now under D'Antoni, it will work when the old Lakers under Phil Jackson have moved on and then he can get who he wants. Phoenix Suns part 2 in LA...Do we really want that?
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#59496 Jan 7, 2013
Sam wrote:
<quoted text> Can't debate this. Dead on and exactly what you predicted. Sad when you and the obvious was staring down at management. Would Phil make a difference?
The triangle would have killed off nash made him a better derek fisher, plus phil actually never said he would come back, he just wanted some days to give his answer and he never got to give his answer, lakers I think got tired of phils demands, phil of course has such an ego that it bothered him that the lakers didn't at least give him an answer, so he made it public to make the lakers look bad. Phil and jimmy dont like each other so thats another thing.
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#59497 Jan 7, 2013
Sam wrote:
<quoted text> I was trying to figure out what Pau was doing when he threw(can't remember player) on to the floor. If anyone is working hard to me is Meeks and Hill. I actually like those guys. I agree I am not sold on Nash. If they reach playoffs I could see Nash a huge factor but right now, I just don't see it.
Nash is not the problem, he boosted the lakers for a few games, and did very well, much better than a guy his age should do, I was impressed, but the problem is defensively , I keep hearing how smart pau and kobe are, and to me kobe has a good basketball mind but average decision making, he gambles on defense leaves his man open, and hes not the only one, others do the same thing, pau is a terrible defender, and looks lost out there cause he has it in his mind that he must become a shooter in this offense to fit in, the sad part is hes a better post up player than howard.....with that said something strange is going on, this team is talented enough to be much better than this, for some reason they cant figure it out, part of it, is injuries cause one guy has gone out and now we have more injuries to follow with howard, pau, and hill all being out .....the other part of it, every coach we get wants to over coach these guys like they are a college team, its a disaster right now.

Since: Jan 13

Torrance, CA

#59498 Jan 7, 2013

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#59499 Jan 7, 2013
F! D'Antoni and his fing system, what a was of talent on that system.
Sam

Brampton, Canada

#59500 Jan 7, 2013
_Jusayin_ wrote:
This has become a power struggle from the top down. Jim Buss is the catalyst with his it's not my Daddy's team anymore mentality. He's trying to do what he wants with no regard for what's right. Kobe has lost Odom, Bynum, Fish and Barnes who all realized it was Kobe's team even though Fish was the vocal leader.
Now you've got Dwight a supposed team leader who thinks you should wear a 24/7 smile on your face and Nash another team leader who's trying to fit in as a leader while still respecting Kobe and lastly, you've got D'Antoni who as he did in NY seems clueless on how to manage a team with multiple stars Pau especially(is he staying, is he going? Is he playing or is he benched?)and doesn't seem to emphasize team or individual defense at all. This team has too many chiefs it seems.
Looking at the Lakers here and now under D'Antoni, it will work when the old Lakers under Phil Jackson have moved on and then he can get who he wants. Phoenix Suns part 2 in LA...Do we really want that?
Question is how can Pau ever be the same with so much scrutiny. The team has obvious issues. Moral probably on a all time low at the moment.
Sam

Brampton, Canada

#59501 Jan 7, 2013
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> Nash is not the problem, he boosted the lakers for a few games, and did very well, much better than a guy his age should do, I was impressed, but the problem is defensively , I keep hearing how smart pau and kobe are, and to me kobe has a good basketball mind but average decision making, he gambles on defense leaves his man open, and hes not the only one, others do the same thing, pau is a terrible defender, and looks lost out there cause he has it in his mind that he must become a shooter in this offense to fit in, the sad part is hes a better post up player than howard.....with that said something strange is going on, this team is talented enough to be much better than this, for some reason they cant figure it out, part of it, is injuries cause one guy has gone out and now we have more injuries to follow with howard, pau, and hill all being out .....the other part of it, every coach we get wants to over coach these guys like they are a college team, its a disaster right now.
I don't know Show but I agree with Sayin and his comment about Nash not wanting to tale the lead. That's a problem right there. Its more than ability its a head thing. They have 3 superstars that really should be doing better. Well hang in there like I told you in 2007.
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#59502 Jan 7, 2013
Sam wrote:
<quoted text> I don't know Show but I agree with Sayin and his comment about Nash not wanting to tale the lead. That's a problem right there. Its more than ability its a head thing. They have 3 superstars that really should be doing better. Well hang in there like I told you in 2007.
The only thing Nash is not doing, is the pick n rolls that everyone said he be doing with pau, people just overrated this team and thats putting it nicely, people overrated howard, people overrated nash, and put these guys on a pedestal, I saw problems coming when nash came on board cause I know what kind of player he is, his style clashes with bigs, now you add Dantoni in there, you must either get rid of Dantoni or adjust the team to fit what he needs, this team contradicts itself.
Sam

Brampton, Canada

#59503 Jan 7, 2013
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> The only thing Nash is not doing, is the pick n rolls that everyone said he be doing with pau, people just overrated this team and thats putting it nicely, people overrated howard, people overrated nash, and put these guys on a pedestal, I saw problems coming when nash came on board cause I know what kind of player he is, his style clashes with bigs, now you add Dantoni in there, you must either get rid of Dantoni or adjust the team to fit what he needs, this team contradicts itself.
Good observation. Well perhaps a trade is in the works. You know none of big three will go anywhere. My guess is Pau. Too much on Kobe at this point of his career.
Sam

Brampton, Canada

#59504 Jan 7, 2013
Not to mention Show, Pau and Howard are out so the rest of the crew will need to step up large.
Sam

Brampton, Canada

#59505 Jan 7, 2013
rrenault wrote:
F! D'Antoni and his fing system, what a was of talent on that system.
Frustration there RR?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NBA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tony Allen says he wants to play about five mor... Jul 20 Fart news 4
News Philadelphia 76ers' Joel Embiid Can Now Be View... Jul 17 Fart news 2
News Predicting the Philadelphia 76ers' 2015 Startin... Jul 17 Fart news 2
News Hornets sign free agent guard Jeremy Lin Jul 16 Fart news 20
News NBA Rumors: Adam Silver Preparing to Ban Hack-a... Jul 12 Fart news 5
News NBA Trade News: Jeremy Lin Likely Heading To Ti... (May '14) Jul 11 Fart news 6
Buy Cheap NBA LIVE15 Where to Buy Jul 9 lilyzhao 5
More from around the web