Comments
57,621 - 57,640 of 72,116 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
Sammy

Brampton, Canada

#58880 Dec 5, 2012
Rival executives believe the most likely landing spot for Gasol is Toronto, which could offer Andrea Bargnani in return and bolster the Lakers' point-guard deficiency with Jose Calderon, who is backing up Kyle Lowry. Sources say Raptors GM Bryan Colangelo has shown no willingness to part with Bargnani, but if pressure mounts for him to bolster the team's youth movement and win now by adding a veteran with All-Star credentials like Gasol, that could change
sam

Brampton, Canada

#58881 Dec 5, 2012
If Gasol has been tanking over the past Three years, how in darnation could anything change here. Now I now Bargs doesn't fit in here but I am not giving him up that easily for Pau. I don't blame BC. He fits in a system with Dallas or Spurs for sure.
sam

Brampton, Canada

#58882 Dec 5, 2012
Know
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#58883 Dec 5, 2012
sam wrote:
If Gasol has been tanking over the past Three years, how in darnation could anything change here. Now I now Bargs doesn't fit in here but I am not giving him up that easily for Pau. I don't blame BC. He fits in a system with Dallas or Spurs for sure.
Keep him, I dont want bargs either lol.
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#58884 Dec 5, 2012
Sammy wrote:
Rival executives believe the most likely landing spot for Gasol is Toronto, which could offer Andrea Bargnani in return and bolster the Lakers' point-guard deficiency with Jose Calderon, who is backing up Kyle Lowry. Sources say Raptors GM Bryan Colangelo has shown no willingness to part with Bargnani, but if pressure mounts for him to bolster the team's youth movement and win now by adding a veteran with All-Star credentials like Gasol, that could change
cant say I am looking forward to it, but I have to admit those are D'antoni type guys.
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#58885 Dec 5, 2012
sam wrote:
Iverson says monthly expenses cost him about $360,000 per month while he brings in income of $62,500 per month.
According to the court filings, Iverson pays more than $125,000 to assorted creditors including his jeweler, and also spends money on several mortgates, though as TMZ states, his Atlanta mansion is about to be auctioned off.
A.I. reports that he spends $10,000 a month on clothes,$10,000 on groceries,$1,000 on dry cleaning and $10,000 per month on restaurants (Itís unclear how much is spent at T.G.I. Fridayís) and entertainment.
Iverson forgot to be poor and frugal I guess, who the hell needs a jeweler ! Iverson needs to grow up.

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#58887 Dec 6, 2012
Dwhite12 wrote:
The New Orleans Hornets are expected to change their nickname to the Pelicans as early as the 2013-14 season, numerous sources told Yahoo! Sports.
The Hornets planned to change their nickname since Tom Benson, owner of the New Orleans Saints, purchased the team on April 14. Benson also owns the rights to the nickname Pelicans.(Getty Images)
The Hornets also considered the nicknames Krewe (groups of costumed paraders in the annual Mardi Gras carnival in New Orleans) and Brass.
Louisiana is the Pelican State. The brown pelican is the state bird and appears on the state flag and seal, and official state painting. Moreover, the Pelicans played minor league baseball in New Orleans in all but nine seasons from 1887-1959 and in 1977.
Gayle Benson, Benson's wife, told Fox Sports New Orleans recently her preference for new team colors was navy blue, red and gold.
The Hornets came to New Orleans in 2002 from Charlotte. New Orleans has also had an NBA team called the Jazz, which moved to Salt Lake City in 1979.
Some fans of the Charlotte Bobcats are hoping to get their old Hornets nickname back. The Hornets began playing in Charlotte in 1988. Bobcats owner Michael Jordan told The Charlotte Observer he would consider changing it back to Hornets if the name was available.
i dont care as much about the charlotte franhise gtting their name back, i wnt that awesome cout they had in the late 90's with the baskeball aroun the free throw line..awesome court
http://brazilianhornet.files.wordpress.com/20...
best court ever
WHAT A FING MISTAKE!!

I hope they take the colors of the freaking animal as well.

The colors in their uniform are one of the best out there in the league.

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

#58888 Dec 6, 2012
sam wrote:
Lmao should have come to Toronto then again at this point in his career, forget it.
When L.A. Lakers star Steve Nash joined the team, he said one of the benefits was that he could be closer to his kids ... which is why his legal fight to keep his children out of California is bizarre. Sources connected with the couple tell TMZ ... Nash's ex-wife Alejandra wants to move the former couple's three children from AZ to L.A. We're told Nash has objected and is waging a legal war to prevent it from happening. Our sources say Alejandra hired one of the biggest divorce lawyers in L.A.,†Lance Spiegel,†to fight Nash in both AZ and California courts. As for why Nash doesn't want his kids moving closer to him, we called his rep but haven't heard back. Based on our research, one thing's for sure ... Nash will get socked for WAYYY more child support in CA than AZ. We're told there is a gag order in place ... so no one can talk about the case. Spiegel told TMZ, "I can't comment on the information you attribute to sources connected with TMZ."He adds, "I confirm that I have been retained by Alejandra, that I cannot comment because of the reasons described and that Alejandra is not available for comment."
What Nash meant by saying "he could be closer to his kids" it in reference to the other cities that were mentioned as possible destination during the off season, for example Toronto, L.A. is a lot closer.

But he is not an idiot keeping in AZ is a lot less money then CA., plus why should his wife follow him to L.A. if they are divorce.

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

#58889 Dec 6, 2012
sam wrote:
Iverson says monthly expenses cost him about $360,000 per month while he brings in income of $62,500 per month.
According to the court filings, Iverson pays more than $125,000 to assorted creditors including his jeweler, and also spends money on several mortgates, though as TMZ states, his Atlanta mansion is about to be auctioned off.
A.I. reports that he spends $10,000 a month on clothes,$10,000 on groceries,$1,000 on dry cleaning and $10,000 per month on restaurants (Itís unclear how much is spent at T.G.I. Fridayís) and entertainment.
Really 10k in groceries, who the hell is he feeding?, why would he keep spending 10k in clothes? You would think that after all there yrs are 10k per month there isn't much clothes left in the world he has not purchase already, plus
if his spending 10k on groceries why the heck is he spending 10k in restaurants?

You would think that with all the money he would had hired some one to manage his money.

All the jewelry was not paid for?!!! when was he planning on paying for it, if not when he was working?, same with the mortgages.

WHAT AN IDIOT!!!!

The best of all remember when he was being arrogant about not take bench role any team?
He refused to play, well now all the cash he could had made or still be making coming of the bench from some team would be a lot more then $62,500 per month.

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

#58890 Dec 6, 2012
sam wrote:
I agree with You, but really L.A. handing over Pau to S.A. is like asking to get beat in the post season by S.A.

Dallas not so much but what can they get from Dallas.
Justin

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#58891 Dec 6, 2012
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text>I was kinda upset top because that's 2 games in a row they have done that. Pau wasn't there this time to take some of the blame. Not sure that Mike was thinking about when he decided not to take Howard out. It was very hard to watch because that crap threw our offense off. That's 2 games in a row we let get away in the end. They had the nerve to say that he got better with his freethrows. When that happens the Wizards will win 7 games in the row lol.
I got to say.Kobe may be older but I think this is his best year.I understand that Mia struggled when they came together but at least they defeated the bad teams.I'm SMH in astonishment agreeing with Skip.Kobe is not a top 5 player alltime.
Justin

Santa Rosa Beach, FL

#58892 Dec 6, 2012
I really don't understand why Iverson is always brought up by Laker Fans.Even Philly Fans moved on.Woow talking about obsession.
Ginobili

San Francisco, CA

#58893 Dec 6, 2012
KoMe is too one dimensional, whenever he scores 30 points or more in his career they lose 65% of the time. The moral of the story is his hogging hurts the team. Shaq told him that and Coach K and Coach Boenheim told him that.
Dwhite12

Altamonte Springs, FL

#58896 Dec 6, 2012
Ginobili wrote:
KoMe is too one dimensional, whenever he scores 30 points or more in his career they lose 65% of the time. The moral of the story is his hogging hurts the team. Shaq told him that and Coach K and Coach Boenheim told him that.
what people dont realize is, he has to do that because the rest of his team isnt making shots. and its not about him hogging its about him doing well while the rest of the team is sucking which is why they lose. cant be one guy against 5..if his teammates are scoring and doing well than kobe passes otherwise he takes it and does amazing things
The Water Boy

Richland, WA

#58897 Dec 6, 2012
Justin wrote:
I really don't understand why Iverson is always brought up by Laker Fans.Even Philly Fans moved on.Woow talking about obsession.
I really dont understand why Atlanta Hawk fans are always discussing Kobe when most of them, yourself included, think he's overrated. "Woow talking about obsession"

Sammy was sharing the story by the way, he didnt write it. LOL
The Water Boy

Richland, WA

#58898 Dec 6, 2012
sam wrote:
10,000 on groceries? What does he purchase livestock? He must be 300lbs now.
He must invite Sally over, daily.
The Water Boy

Richland, WA

#58899 Dec 6, 2012
Dwhite12 wrote:
<quoted text>
what people dont realize is, he has to do that because the rest of his team isnt making shots. and its not about him hogging its about him doing well while the rest of the team is sucking which is why they lose. cant be one guy against 5..if his teammates are scoring and doing well than kobe passes otherwise he takes it and does amazing things
No, they realize it, they just like to hate. It's in their nature. The alternative is mental retardation. Wait...

Bottom line is, Kobe will shoulder the load if his teammates are playing as Justin does at the playground. How long he can do that, is the question.
The Water Boy

Richland, WA

#58900 Dec 6, 2012
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
Really 10k in groceries, who the hell is he feeding?, why would he keep spending 10k in clothes? You would think that after all there yrs are 10k per month there isn't much clothes left in the world he has not purchase already, plus
if his spending 10k on groceries why the heck is he spending 10k in restaurants?
You would think that with all the money he would had hired some one to manage his money.
All the jewelry was not paid for?!!! when was he planning on paying for it, if not when he was working?, same with the mortgages.
WHAT AN IDIOT!!!!
The best of all remember when he was being arrogant about not take bench role any team?
He refused to play, well now all the cash he could had made or still be making coming of the bench from some team would be a lot more then $62,500 per month.
That shows you his mentality or lack thereof.....and Justin said he was smart. LOL

He's a nut job for sure. I guess we can see why Ginobili and him support AI so much...Birds of a feather.
The Water Boy

Richland, WA

#58901 Dec 6, 2012
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
WHAT A FING MISTAKE!!
I hope they take the colors of the freaking animal as well.
The colors in their uniform are one of the best out there in the league.
Ultra-Gay. As it stand now, who takes them serious. LOL
Dwhite12

Altamonte Springs, FL

#58902 Dec 6, 2012
The Water Boy wrote:
<quoted text>
Ultra-Gay. As it stand now, who takes them serious. LOL
i liked drew brees' suggestion of the New Orleans Brass

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NBA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
was the 2006 nba finals fixed??? (Jun '08) 10 hr FilipinoBroskie 117
Jeremy Lin ruined by the Rockets, but Coach of ... Wed NBA Fan 7
Jeremy Lin Manhood Size Discussions Reveal Raci... (Feb '12) Wed NBA Fan 22
LeBron James Gives Wade, Bosh Cold Shoulder, Tr... Wed NBA Fan 7
Lakers coaching search: NBA experts weigh in wh... Aug 23 lake4life 21
Ex-Hoosier Zeller embraces NBA learning Aug 23 Mike Williams 1
Can Sebastian Telfair salvage his career in Cle... (Apr '10) Aug 13 johnny 44
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000