lakers fans
sam

Welland, Canada

#58867 Dec 4, 2012
Dwhite12 wrote:
The New Orleans Hornets are expected to change their nickname to the Pelicans as early as the 2013-14 season, numerous sources told Yahoo! Sports.
The Hornets planned to change their nickname since Tom Benson, owner of the New Orleans Saints, purchased the team on April 14. Benson also owns the rights to the nickname Pelicans.(Getty Images)
The Hornets also considered the nicknames Krewe (groups of costumed paraders in the annual Mardi Gras carnival in New Orleans) and Brass.
Louisiana is the Pelican State. The brown pelican is the state bird and appears on the state flag and seal, and official state painting. Moreover, the Pelicans played minor league baseball in New Orleans in all but nine seasons from 1887-1959 and in 1977.
Gayle Benson, Benson's wife, told Fox Sports New Orleans recently her preference for new team colors was navy blue, red and gold.
The Hornets came to New Orleans in 2002 from Charlotte. New Orleans has also had an NBA team called the Jazz, which moved to Salt Lake City in 1979.
Some fans of the Charlotte Bobcats are hoping to get their old Hornets nickname back. The Hornets began playing in Charlotte in 1988. Bobcats owner Michael Jordan told The Charlotte Observer he would consider changing it back to Hornets if the name was available.
i dont care as much about the charlotte franhise gtting their name back, i wnt that awesome cout they had in the late 90's with the baskeball aroun the free throw line..awesome court
http://brazilianhornet.files.wordpress.com/20...
best court ever
Wish they would change our name too. Funny enough Bobcats were number 2 voted here. Back in the 80's a deal was struck for us to buy the Cavs(lucky B) which we would have been known as the Toronto Towers due to the number of skyscrappers in the city.
Dwhite12

Summerfield, FL

#58868 Dec 4, 2012
sam wrote:
<quoted text> Wish they would change our name too. Funny enough Bobcats were number 2 voted here. Back in the 80's a deal was struck for us to buy the Cavs(lucky B) which we would have been known as the Toronto Towers due to the number of skyscrappers in the city.
i remember the towers idea
Dwhite12

Summerfield, FL

#58869 Dec 4, 2012
I AM SO FREAKING PISSED! We have at one point a 17 point lead and than an 8 point lead in the 4th and they just keep fouling Dwight, and mike’s strategy is to leave him in so he learns he has to make free throws. Well he’s not making them! All the rockets do are foul him than score and now we lose! Just freaking take him out until there is under 2 minutes so we have a chance to run an offense. So disgusted! This wasn’t a problem with defense it was leaving Dwight in. same thing happened against the magic and now again. SO DISGUSTED!
Dwhite12

Summerfield, FL

#58870 Dec 4, 2012
disgusted, pissed, angry, in complete shock at the idiocy of leaving dwight in ready to throw my monitor threw the window (cuz i watch the games online) ready to boycot until nash gets back or they learn to take dwight out to prevent hack a howard!
sam

Waterloo, Canada

#58872 Dec 5, 2012
Dwhite12 wrote:
disgusted, pissed, angry, in complete shock at the idiocy of leaving dwight in ready to throw my monitor threw the window (cuz i watch the games online) ready to boycot until nash gets back or they learn to take dwight out to prevent hack a howard!
Don't feel bad, if Miami is losing to the Wiz, you got serious issues.
Black Mamba

West Palm Beach, FL

#58873 Dec 5, 2012
Dwhite12 wrote:
<quoted text>
would be absolutely awful to trade for amare, he's making 20 mil a year until 2016..ruins the 2014 plan and any chance of getting kevin love with his atrocious contract also his knees are so bad the knicks couldnt even get them insured..stay away from him. a few years ago..maybe to sure..but now NO
I know. I was just saying that it was a rumor flying around. If he didn't have that huge contract then maybe I would make a move for him. That contract is just crazy high and 2014 can not get here any quicker lol.
Black Mamba

West Palm Beach, FL

#58874 Dec 5, 2012
sam wrote:
<quoted text> Don't feel bad, if Miami is losing to the Wiz, you got serious issues.
Lmao how about those Warlocks against the Heat Stroke last night? He we go Sam. Bricks over Kittens(Maybe KJ will suit up tonight lol). Pissers over Jail Blazers(I'm still pissed at the Blazers for giving the Wizards their first win). Maingy Wolves over Smelltics(Close game and Rondo may try to fight Love tonight). Warriors over Pissed Ons(I forgot the Warriors were still in the NBA lol).Dirty Buzzards over Chicken Nuggets(Buzzards win in a close game). Cows over Cadavers(ZZZZZZZZZ). Lakers over Bees(Hack a Howard again tonight? Another 4th quater lead blown tonight? Wouldn't shock me). Sperms over Deer(Deer need to be getting ready to ride with Santa for god sakes).Azz over Tragic( Jazz need to redeem theirselves for blowing that lead last night against the Clippers).Dino Men over Queens(It will happen Sam). Slippers over Horses(Dirk where are you).
Black Mamba

West Palm Beach, FL

#58875 Dec 5, 2012
Dwhite12 wrote:
I AM SO FREAKING PISSED! We have at one point a 17 point lead and than an 8 point lead in the 4th and they just keep fouling Dwight, and mike’s strategy is to leave him in so he learns he has to make free throws. Well he’s not making them! All the rockets do are foul him than score and now we lose! Just freaking take him out until there is under 2 minutes so we have a chance to run an offense. So disgusted! This wasn’t a problem with defense it was leaving Dwight in. same thing happened against the magic and now again. SO DISGUSTED!
I was kinda upset top because that's 2 games in a row they have done that. Pau wasn't there this time to take some of the blame. Not sure that Mike was thinking about when he decided not to take Howard out. It was very hard to watch because that crap threw our offense off. That's 2 games in a row we let get away in the end. They had the nerve to say that he got better with his freethrows. When that happens the Wizards will win 7 games in the row lol.
sam

Welland, Canada

#58876 Dec 5, 2012
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text>Lmao how about those Warlocks against the Heat Stroke last night? He we go Sam. Bricks over Kittens(Maybe KJ will suit up tonight lol). Pissers over Jail Blazers(I'm still pissed at the Blazers for giving the Wizards their first win). Maingy Wolves over Smelltics(Close game and Rondo may try to fight Love tonight). Warriors over Pissed Ons(I forgot the Warriors were still in the NBA lol).Dirty Buzzards over Chicken Nuggets(Buzzards win in a close game). Cows over Cadavers(ZZZZZZZZZ). Lakers over Bees(Hack a Howard again tonight? Another 4th quater lead blown tonight? Wouldn't shock me). Sperms over Deer(Deer need to be getting ready to ride with Santa for god sakes).Azz over Tragic( Jazz need to redeem theirselves for blowing that lead last night against the Clippers).Dino Men over Queens(It will happen Sam). Slippers over Horses(Dirk where are you).
hahahaha. Well Dell again we lose. Lakeshow got it tonight, pressure is on. Hey where's Show these days? Hope he is not drowning in misery. Dude has a birthday and vamoosh, disappears.
sam

Welland, Canada

#58877 Dec 5, 2012
Lmao should have come to Toronto then again at this point in his career, forget it.

When L.A. Lakers star Steve Nash joined the team, he said one of the benefits was that he could be closer to his kids ... which is why his legal fight to keep his children out of California is bizarre. Sources connected with the couple tell TMZ ... Nash's ex-wife Alejandra wants to move the former couple's three children from AZ to L.A. We're told Nash has objected and is waging a legal war to prevent it from happening. Our sources say Alejandra hired one of the biggest divorce lawyers in L.A., Lance Spiegel, to fight Nash in both AZ and California courts. As for why Nash doesn't want his kids moving closer to him, we called his rep but haven't heard back. Based on our research, one thing's for sure ... Nash will get socked for WAYYY more child support in CA than AZ. We're told there is a gag order in place ... so no one can talk about the case. Spiegel told TMZ, "I can't comment on the information you attribute to sources connected with TMZ."He adds, "I confirm that I have been retained by Alejandra, that I cannot comment because of the reasons described and that Alejandra is not available for comment."
sam

Welland, Canada

#58878 Dec 5, 2012
Iverson says monthly expenses cost him about $360,000 per month while he brings in income of $62,500 per month.

According to the court filings, Iverson pays more than $125,000 to assorted creditors including his jeweler, and also spends money on several mortgates, though as TMZ states, his Atlanta mansion is about to be auctioned off.

A.I. reports that he spends $10,000 a month on clothes,$10,000 on groceries,$1,000 on dry cleaning and $10,000 per month on restaurants (It’s unclear how much is spent at T.G.I. Friday’s) and entertainment.
sam

Welland, Canada

#58879 Dec 5, 2012
10,000 on groceries? What does he purchase livestock? He must be 300lbs now.
Sammy

Welland, Canada

#58880 Dec 5, 2012
Rival executives believe the most likely landing spot for Gasol is Toronto, which could offer Andrea Bargnani in return and bolster the Lakers' point-guard deficiency with Jose Calderon, who is backing up Kyle Lowry. Sources say Raptors GM Bryan Colangelo has shown no willingness to part with Bargnani, but if pressure mounts for him to bolster the team's youth movement and win now by adding a veteran with All-Star credentials like Gasol, that could change
sam

Welland, Canada

#58881 Dec 5, 2012
If Gasol has been tanking over the past Three years, how in darnation could anything change here. Now I now Bargs doesn't fit in here but I am not giving him up that easily for Pau. I don't blame BC. He fits in a system with Dallas or Spurs for sure.
sam

Welland, Canada

#58882 Dec 5, 2012
Know
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#58883 Dec 5, 2012
sam wrote:
If Gasol has been tanking over the past Three years, how in darnation could anything change here. Now I now Bargs doesn't fit in here but I am not giving him up that easily for Pau. I don't blame BC. He fits in a system with Dallas or Spurs for sure.
Keep him, I dont want bargs either lol.
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#58884 Dec 5, 2012
Sammy wrote:
Rival executives believe the most likely landing spot for Gasol is Toronto, which could offer Andrea Bargnani in return and bolster the Lakers' point-guard deficiency with Jose Calderon, who is backing up Kyle Lowry. Sources say Raptors GM Bryan Colangelo has shown no willingness to part with Bargnani, but if pressure mounts for him to bolster the team's youth movement and win now by adding a veteran with All-Star credentials like Gasol, that could change
cant say I am looking forward to it, but I have to admit those are D'antoni type guys.
Showtime

San Gabriel, CA

#58885 Dec 5, 2012
sam wrote:
Iverson says monthly expenses cost him about $360,000 per month while he brings in income of $62,500 per month.
According to the court filings, Iverson pays more than $125,000 to assorted creditors including his jeweler, and also spends money on several mortgates, though as TMZ states, his Atlanta mansion is about to be auctioned off.
A.I. reports that he spends $10,000 a month on clothes,$10,000 on groceries,$1,000 on dry cleaning and $10,000 per month on restaurants (It’s unclear how much is spent at T.G.I. Friday’s) and entertainment.
Iverson forgot to be poor and frugal I guess, who the hell needs a jeweler ! Iverson needs to grow up.

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#58887 Dec 6, 2012
Dwhite12 wrote:
The New Orleans Hornets are expected to change their nickname to the Pelicans as early as the 2013-14 season, numerous sources told Yahoo! Sports.
The Hornets planned to change their nickname since Tom Benson, owner of the New Orleans Saints, purchased the team on April 14. Benson also owns the rights to the nickname Pelicans.(Getty Images)
The Hornets also considered the nicknames Krewe (groups of costumed paraders in the annual Mardi Gras carnival in New Orleans) and Brass.
Louisiana is the Pelican State. The brown pelican is the state bird and appears on the state flag and seal, and official state painting. Moreover, the Pelicans played minor league baseball in New Orleans in all but nine seasons from 1887-1959 and in 1977.
Gayle Benson, Benson's wife, told Fox Sports New Orleans recently her preference for new team colors was navy blue, red and gold.
The Hornets came to New Orleans in 2002 from Charlotte. New Orleans has also had an NBA team called the Jazz, which moved to Salt Lake City in 1979.
Some fans of the Charlotte Bobcats are hoping to get their old Hornets nickname back. The Hornets began playing in Charlotte in 1988. Bobcats owner Michael Jordan told The Charlotte Observer he would consider changing it back to Hornets if the name was available.
i dont care as much about the charlotte franhise gtting their name back, i wnt that awesome cout they had in the late 90's with the baskeball aroun the free throw line..awesome court
http://brazilianhornet.files.wordpress.com/20...
best court ever
WHAT A FING MISTAKE!!

I hope they take the colors of the freaking animal as well.

The colors in their uniform are one of the best out there in the league.

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#58888 Dec 6, 2012
sam wrote:
Lmao should have come to Toronto then again at this point in his career, forget it.
When L.A. Lakers star Steve Nash joined the team, he said one of the benefits was that he could be closer to his kids ... which is why his legal fight to keep his children out of California is bizarre. Sources connected with the couple tell TMZ ... Nash's ex-wife Alejandra wants to move the former couple's three children from AZ to L.A. We're told Nash has objected and is waging a legal war to prevent it from happening. Our sources say Alejandra hired one of the biggest divorce lawyers in L.A., Lance Spiegel, to fight Nash in both AZ and California courts. As for why Nash doesn't want his kids moving closer to him, we called his rep but haven't heard back. Based on our research, one thing's for sure ... Nash will get socked for WAYYY more child support in CA than AZ. We're told there is a gag order in place ... so no one can talk about the case. Spiegel told TMZ, "I can't comment on the information you attribute to sources connected with TMZ."He adds, "I confirm that I have been retained by Alejandra, that I cannot comment because of the reasons described and that Alejandra is not available for comment."
What Nash meant by saying "he could be closer to his kids" it in reference to the other cities that were mentioned as possible destination during the off season, for example Toronto, L.A. is a lot closer.

But he is not an idiot keeping in AZ is a lot less money then CA., plus why should his wife follow him to L.A. if they are divorce.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NBA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bizarre finish has Raptors crying foul after lo... 3 hr HeardPhartz 120
News Here are all the 76ers' potential draft picks i... 20 hr NextPhartzz 2
News Lorenzen Wright Autopsy Released- Graphic Content (Nov '10) Feb 14 ThenPharts 85
News My 2 Cents: OKC Thunder Fans Boo, Chant About KD Feb 14 MyPhartss 2
News Names in the Game (Jan '06) Feb 13 Namespharts 2
News Magic's success against Cleveland's one-man sho... (May '09) Feb 13 Phartabus 178
News Breaks fall Cavs' way (Apr '07) Feb 13 Phartham 34
More from around the web