“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#58538 Nov 13, 2012
Sam wrote:
<quoted text> If I was management. I would have stretched it a bit and hang on to Bernard. If all else failed then make a move. I like these old school coaches, just my take. D'antoni just not doing it for me, there's something missing in his coaching style. As much as he was successful with the suns , he never really got to far when he should have but then again he is just a coach not a player. Sloan should have been your guy and maybe perhaps Phil. Just be thankful it wasn't Nellie. Iam sure the snores would rolling all the way to Santa Monica.
Ha ha ha Nellie!, they announce him as our coach there would had been riots all over L.A.

I agree Sloan would had been my pick too, but oh well in some other life may be.
Sam

Canada

#58539 Nov 13, 2012
Yay!! Remarkable we won in yet another close one. To top it off we were 1-15 in the fourth and only scored 5 points and still pulled it off. Strange outcomes but all close. Not to mention a big trade coming our way for the Jays. Can we see a repeat of our 90's back to back?
Sam

Canada

#58540 Nov 13, 2012
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha ha ha Nellie!, they announce him as our coach there would had been riots all over L.A.
I agree Sloan would had been my pick too, but oh well in some other life may be.
I could see Nellie with a mickey in his jacket pocket nodding off. I actually miss him. Dude had that GSW team running like gazelles but clearly snoring on the bench. Just think of all the excitement he missed. Dude was calling plays in his sleep. Yes RR iam sure we would see the Watts riots all over again.

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#58541 Nov 13, 2012
Sam wrote:
<quoted text> I could see Nellie with a mickey in his jacket pocket nodding off. I actually miss him. Dude had that GSW team running like gazelles but clearly snoring on the bench. Just think of all the excitement he missed. Dude was calling plays in his sleep. Yes RR iam sure we would see the Watts riots all over again.
I can't stand nelli he is back stabbing bastard, in my opinion, that at the end put his personal records ahead of his team's success and I got agree he did look like he was sleeping on the bench.

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#58542 Nov 13, 2012
Sam wrote:
Yay!! Remarkable we won in yet another close one. To top it off we were 1-15 in the fourth and only scored 5 points and still pulled it off. Strange outcomes but all close. Not to mention a big trade coming our way for the Jays. Can we see a repeat of our 90's back to back?
Congrats on Your victory, Lakers couldn't close the deal in their nai bitter, it was still a better performance then any of the other losses so far this season, plus for not having a coach not a bad game by the players.
Sam

Canada

#58543 Nov 14, 2012
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
Congrats on Your victory, Lakers couldn't close the deal in their nai bitter, it was still a better performance then any of the other losses so far this season, plus for not having a coach not a bad game by the players.
Didn't realize you lost. Have to see highlights.
sam

Canada

#58544 Nov 14, 2012
LOS ANGELES—Former Lakers coach Phil Jackson was sleeping comfortably Saturday night when the phone rang. It was the Lakers. They delivered stunning news. Mike D’Antoni got the job, not him.

Jackson told his side of the story in a statement Monday.

“Saturday morning,(Lakers executive) Jim Buss called to ask if he could come and visit. I didn’t solicit or ask for the opportunity but I welcomed both him and (team executive) Mitch Kupchak into my home to discuss the possibility of my return to the Lakers as head coach,” Jackson said.

“We talked for over an hour and a half. No contractual terms were discussed and we concluded with a handshake and an understanding that I would have until Monday to come back to them with my decision. I did convey to them that I did have the confidence that I could do the job. I was awakened at midnight Sunday by a phone call from Mitch Kupchak. He told me that the Lakers had signed Mike D’Antoni to a three-year agreement and that they felt he was the best coach for the team. The decision is of course theirs to make. I am gratified by the groundswell of support from the Laker fans who encouraged my return and it is the principal reason why I considered the possibility.”

D’Antoni signed a three-year,$12-million deal late Sunday night.

Jackson’s agent, Todd Musburger, added that media coverage portraying Jackson as being full of demands was inaccurate.

Some Internet reports stated that Jackson wanted more front-office power and wanted to skip large swaths of road games this season.

“No discussion of those ideas being contractual terms or demands was ever made,” Musburger said.“They had a full discussion of the club, the roster, the schedule, assistants, etc. But to allow someone either on their side or on D’Antoni’s side to make these allegations — unsubstantiated and incorrect — and incorrectly maligning Phil is so objectionable to us that the process would have concluded this way.”
sam

Canada

#58545 Nov 14, 2012
Acually RR , The Raps broke a record with fewest points in a quarter (5) to win agame.
sam

Canada

#58546 Nov 14, 2012
This is for Witch. Gotta love this guy

&fe ature=player_embedded
sam

Canada

#58547 Nov 14, 2012
Please don't send them here.

Chris Mannix &#8207;@ChrisMannixSI

The Lakers have been dangling Steve Blake and Chris Duhon in trade talks, source said. Predictably, not a whole lot of interest.

Since: Apr 08

Akron, Ohio

#58548 Nov 14, 2012
sam wrote:
This is for Witch. Gotta love this guy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =5neePpuwpPYXX&feature=pla yer_embedded
What a find, Sammy, you're on top of it today.

Last night it was the Andy & Kyrie Show. Andy went 35-18-3 and Kyrie went 34-4-8. I know ya want to hear TT's, so ... 14-5-0. The only problem is that's about all the production that was made. We have NO bench. Another loss on the road 114-101.
Dwhite12

Altamonte Springs, FL

#58549 Nov 14, 2012
Magic Johnson: The reason I haven't tweeted in 2 days is because I've been mourning Phil Jackson not being hired as the Lakers head coach. Twitter
Sam

Canada

#58550 Nov 14, 2012
Bewitched wrote:
<quoted text>
What a find, Sammy, you're on top of it today.
Last night it was the Andy & Kyrie Show. Andy went 35-18-3 and Kyrie went 34-4-8. I know ya want to hear TT's, so ... 14-5-0. The only problem is that's about all the production that was made. We have NO bench. Another loss on the road 114-101.
Thanks B. I knew you would like that one. Well I think we have identical records. All of our games have been very close. With Lowry down its been tough. Klieza is back now and our rookie(jonas) doing ok, hopefully things will pick up. Good to see TT doing alright.
Sam

Canada

#58551 Nov 14, 2012
Hey White this article is for you buddy. I know you're a big Bargnani supporter. Thiscame froman article by a local sports writer up here.

Bargnani is a relic of a different time in Raptor-land, a time when offensive prowess was valued above all else, a time when the team was defined by a different cast of characters and a different guiding philosophy. For fans, he is a nightly reminder of what this team is supposed to be moving away from. The club wants to be seen as a gritty, defence-first outfit that wins with heart and hustle, and Bargnani is simply the antithesis to that style. He no longer belongs. Like so many Raptors before him, he has teased fans with what he could be and has refused to live up to that standard.

Perhaps more than anything, that is the reason the Raptors have to trade Bargnani. They can no longer shrug their shoulders at players that don't work to max-out their talent. That can no longer be a defining characteristic of the club. They cited DeMar DeRozan's work ethic as a big reason why they felt obligated to extend his contract. They cited Jonas Valanciunas' heart and hustle as big factors in not only drafting him fifth but being willing to wait a year for his arrival. They love the intensity of guys like Kyle Lowry and Amir Johnson. Those guys represent what the club says it wants to be about, which by extension has to mean that Andrea Bargnani does not.

If this club is so eager to move into the next phase of their evolution, then they have to admit that those thirteen games didn't mean what they thought they did. They have to work to expunge from the roster the pieces that don't fit the personality that the team so desperately wants to adopt, and that that process has to start by - finally - moving Bargnani out of Toronto
Sam

Canada

#58552 Nov 14, 2012
dang computer space bar is messed up
Sam

Canada

#58554 Nov 14, 2012
Dwhite12 wrote:
Magic Johnson: The reason I haven't tweeted in 2 days is because I've been mourning Phil Jackson not being hired as the Lakers head coach. Twitter
The real question is...Does he have faith in D'antoni.
Showtime

Anaheim, CA

#58555 Nov 14, 2012
sam wrote:
Please don't send them here.
Chris Mannix &#8207;@ChrisMannixSI
The Lakers have been dangling Steve Blake and Chris Duhon in trade talks, source said. Predictably, not a whole lot of interest.
Mitch will dangle those 2 so hard he will drop them lol.

“Justice always prevails”

Since: Jan 12

vacaville

#58557 Nov 14, 2012
Bewitched wrote:
<quoted text>What a find, Sammy, you're on top of it today.

Last night it was the Andy & Kyrie Show. Andy went 35-18-3 and Kyrie went 34-4-8. I know ya want to hear TT's, so ... 14-5-0. The only problem is that's about all the production that was made. We have NO bench. Another loss on the road 114-101.
I haven't been able to catch a cavs game yet this season. How does the kid waiters look?
Sammy

Canada

#58558 Nov 14, 2012
The_Solution wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't been able to catch a cavs game yet this season. How does the kid waiters look?
I hope better than Granville.
Dwhite12

Altamonte Springs, FL

#58559 Nov 14, 2012
The_Solution wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't been able to catch a cavs game yet this season. How does the kid waiters look?
loos great, except last night he went 3 of 16, hes averaging 14.6 ppg 2rpg 2 apg shooting 44% from the field but only 58 % at the line AND he's hitting 2.3 three's per game all in 29 mpg

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NBA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Festus Ezeli and the long, strange trip to the NBA 6 hr tom wingo 2
News Kayne West booed at Billboard Music Awards 2015... May 22 tom wingo 5
News Stephen Curry, a Warrior with a golden touch, i... May 22 tom wingo 4
News Taylor Swift wins 8 at Billboard Awards; Kanye ... May 21 stewart scott 2
News Los Angeles Clippers have Chris Paul; who's next? (Jul '13) May 17 tom wingo 6
News Wizards show promise May 16 tom wingo 2
News Nick Young likely to miss rest of season for La... May 15 tom wingo 21
More from around the web