|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see it as much Phil trying to humiliate Jim Buss, even if Jim deserve it from all those comments he made on the radio about Phil.
But when You are negotiating at a big level I notices that the good ones always ask for way out there stuff in the first round of negotiations to see how much stuff they can away with and set it up for the second round, where they will really ask for what they want.
The other party more likely will agree to the stuff asked in second round as it will be a lot tamer then the first, but I don't think Phil wasn't expecting not getting to the second round and we the fans loss there.
Another thing that got me thinking is that Phil in his last contract was asked by the Lakers to take a pay cut from $12Mil to $10 mil, cause it was too much money.
Now D'Antoni is getting $12 mil and they are okay with that when he got no titles to show for and the Lakers are saying that he was going to be cheaper then Phil it makes me wonder how much did Phil really ask for then.
yah but phil wanted 12 million a YEAR d'antoni got 12 million over the course of 4 years (3 with club option) big difference.

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Sam wrote:
My god..m Third overtime for us tonight.
though loss there sammy

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Sammy wrote:
<quoted text> I don't know B,not sure if even that should be a big factor. If I was an owner, give me Phil. I would take in consideration of his health. Can't knock his teaching and coaching abilities. D'antoni has proven anything getting teams to the finals. 11 rings vs no Finals. Touch call. Just my thought.
But what You are not taking consideration sammy it's personal feelings, and that's something that tents to cloud judgment mostly when You are in the position of Jim buss, where he actually has to deal with Phil on regular bases and can't stand Phil's ego.

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

sam wrote:
<quoted text> just curious. Have you ever ran or experienced the triangle offense? You think its not that complicated? Just asking.
Sammy it doesn't matter if I ever ran it or not, I'm basing on things that already happened with past teams that Phil had coached since the bulls all the way to the last Lakers' team.

When Phil took over the Lakers in 2000 he brought vets from his previous bulls teams to help in the learning process and the won a title that season and when Pau was traded to the Lakers Phil was asked why Pau's fit into the system was effortless he looked like he has been in playing the triangle for yrs, Phil's answer which was the same as KB when he was asked, was Player IQ.
Now in this team he wouldn't even need to call for vets to come help him, he got a bunch of players from his last stink with the Lakers to help the new ones.

Like I said that's just Media P.R. B.S. helping the Lakers to come down the fans that didn't get Phil which is probably 95% of the L.A. fan base.

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2012

Dwhite12 wrote:
<quoted text>
yah but phil wanted 12 million a YEAR d'antoni got 12 million over the course of 4 years (3 with club option) big difference.
Oh $12 mil for 4 yrs, I was understanding that it was $12 mil each of the 4 yrs.

Okay guys if the D'Anotoni doeesn't workout for the Lakers and it looks clear in a few month, do You think the Lakers should let him go or let him finish the season?
Showtime

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Sammy wrote:
<quoted text> Or not actually experiencing it. Its very easy to say its not complicted. Good luck with Dantoni, Iam not sold on him at all.
I think he will do well during the regular season but come playoff time I dont think so, this smells like another jim buss hiring.
sam

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
though loss there sammy
story of our season to date. Close losses. Plus our team is banged up already.
sam

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Showtime wrote:
<quoted text>I think he will do well during the regular season but come playoff time I dont think so, this smells like another jim buss hiring.
agreed
Dwhite12

Ocoee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh $12 mil for 4 yrs, I was understanding that it was $12 mil each of the 4 yrs.
Okay guys if the D'Anotoni doeesn't workout for the Lakers and it looks clear in a few month, do You think the Lakers should let him go or let him finish the season?
another benefit is,(phil) 2 years we would need another coach while we rebuild and need to learn another offense, with d'antoni signed for 3+1 the offense will stay the same while the team rebuilds and won't have to bring in a new coach just an ENTIRE new team lol with only nash signed in 2014 (hopefully dwight too)
Laker Man

Fontana, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

sam wrote:
<quoted text> story of our season to date. Close losses. Plus our team is banged up already.
your team blows ,come join lakers and kiss a-ss!
Laker Man

Fontana, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Stick a red poker up Jackasssons a-ss!
Laker Man

Fontana, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Dantoni , great higher!
sam

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Laker Man wrote:
<quoted text>your team blows ,come join lakers and kiss a-ss!
joining could be a reality but I will leave the blowing to you.
sam

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Laker Man wrote:
Dantoni , great higher!
Great higher? Iam sure he will be touching the skies sooner than later..
sam

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

Laker Man wrote:
Stick a red poker up Jackasssons a-ss!
Well there's another chore for you.
Dwhite12

Ocoee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

sam wrote:
<quoted text> joining could be a reality but I will leave the blowing to you.
yeah sam, join the lakers. maybe it will make or bench better lol
Dwhite12

Ocoee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

ohand about d'antoni's defense, he's thinking of bringingin nat mcmillan for defense, another olypic coach that would benefit the lakers i think
Dwhite12

Ocoee, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

In NBA news other than the Lakers signing Mike D’Antoni as their head coach to a three year deal.
The Lakers are looking to add depth to their
bench. With the recent arrest of Devin Ebanks the Lakers may be looking to replace the 3rd year swing man with a key free agent. This could be the end of Devin Ebanks as a Laker. The Lakers bench has shown signs of life unlike last year. With the Lakers showing interest in Mickeal Pietrus, he will give the Lakers a threat off the bench that can score and play defense. He can fill in for Metta World Peace, Kobe Bryant, and even Pau Gasol.
Black Mamba

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Judged:

sam wrote:
<quoted text> Well there's another chore for you.
What's good Sam. How was your weekend and how is everything with you and the family. He are my winners for tonight lol. RAP A Lot tors over Pacemakers, Pricks over Tragic, Manegy Cats over Lizards, Cadavers over Nuts, Jail Blazers over Queens, Lakers over Sperms.
Black Mamba

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2012

Dwhite12 wrote:
In NBA news other than the Lakers signing Mike D’Antoni as their head coach to a three year deal.
The Lakers are looking to add depth to their
bench. With the recent arrest of Devin Ebanks the Lakers may be looking to replace the 3rd year swing man with a key free agent. This could be the end of Devin Ebanks as a Laker. The Lakers bench has shown signs of life unlike last year. With the Lakers showing interest in Mickeal Pietrus, he will give the Lakers a threat off the bench that can score and play defense. He can fill in for Metta World Peace, Kobe Bryant, and even Pau Gasol.
What's up White. First let me say happy belated birthday and wish you many more. As for the D'Antoni hiring, I hope he proves me wrong because we all know how his teams usually operate. Maybe this may be different because hehas better defensive players this time around unlike when he had with the Suns and Knicks. There has to be something more than what they are telling us about why this didn't hire Phil back. Oh well we will just have to work with what we have at this moment and time. We will make the playoffs, but I will be watching how the defense plays. Sounds good that they are thinking about brining Pietrus, but I hope he keeps that Celtic metality away from the Lakers lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 57,301 - 57,320 of67,637
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••