Sammy

Mississauga, Canada

#58485 Nov 12, 2012
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
May be they got flashback of what means dealing with Phil Jackson from their last to times and they said, "OH HELL FREAKING NO!, now I remember why we went our own ways"....LOL
its Bizarre if you ask me

Since: Apr 08

Akron, Ohio

#58486 Nov 12, 2012
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
May be they got flashback of what means dealing with Phil Jackson from their last to times and they said, "OH HELL FREAKING NO!, now I remember why we went our own ways"....LOL
Right on target.

Big paycheck, but doesn't want to be physically at all the games? Seriously?

Sounds like what Mike Holgren did to the Browns not being mentally at the games.
Dwhite12

Altamonte Springs, FL

#58487 Nov 12, 2012
Ken Berger: Mike D'Antoni expected to reach out to fellow USA assistant Nate McMillan as potential defensive assistant, league source tells @CBSSports. Twitter @KBergCBS

thoughts?
Dwhite12

Altamonte Springs, FL

#58488 Nov 12, 2012
from wojo

Between the hours of Mike Brown's firing and a meeting on Saturday morning with history's most accomplished coach, Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak privately told people there was one candidate: Phil Jackson.

Jackson wanted to humiliate Lakers vice president Jim Buss far more than he wanted to coach the team. He wanted significant allowances on travel, coaching duties and an ability to veto player personnel moves that didn't fit his vision. With an unprecedented 11 coaching championships, Jackson had every right to make unprecedented demands. He doesn't have the right to be surprised when the Lakers rejected them and hired a pliable, cheaper coach in Mike D'Antoni.

"Phil wanted Jim Buss to walk away with his tail between his legs," one source with knowledge of the discussions told Yahoo! Sports. "He thought he had time to still negotiate with them, and see how much they would give him."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--lakers-resi...
Sammy

Mississauga, Canada

#58489 Nov 12, 2012
Bewitched wrote:
<quoted text>
Right on target.
Big paycheck, but doesn't want to be physically at all the games? Seriously?
Sounds like what Mike Holgren did to the Browns not being mentally at the games.
I don't know B,not sure if even that should be a big factor. If I was an owner, give me Phil. I would take in consideration of his health. Can't knock his teaching and coaching abilities. D'antoni has proven anything getting teams to the finals. 11 rings vs no Finals. Touch call. Just my thought.
Sammy

Mississauga, Canada

#58490 Nov 12, 2012
*Hasn't proven sorry*
Sammy

Mississauga, Canada

#58491 Nov 12, 2012
Dwhite12 wrote:
Ken Berger: Mike D'Antoni expected to reach out to fellow USA assistant Nate McMillan as potential defensive assistant, league source tells @CBSSports. Twitter @KBergCBS
thoughts?
makes no diff. D'antoni tried that in Phoenix and NY. Offense will far outweigh defense.
Sammy

Mississauga, Canada

#58492 Nov 12, 2012
Dwhite12 wrote:
from wojo
Between the hours of Mike Brown's firing and a meeting on Saturday morning with history's most accomplished coach, Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak privately told people there was one candidate: Phil Jackson.
Jackson wanted to humiliate Lakers vice president Jim Buss far more than he wanted to coach the team. He wanted significant allowances on travel, coaching duties and an ability to veto player personnel moves that didn't fit his vision. With an unprecedented 11 coaching championships, Jackson had every right to make unprecedented demands. He doesn't have the right to be surprised when the Lakers rejected them and hired a pliable, cheaper coach in Mike D'Antoni.
"Phil wanted Jim Buss to walk away with his tail between his legs," one source with knowledge of the discussions told Yahoo! Sports. "He thought he had time to still negotiate with them, and see how much they would give him."
Well if D'antoni is a bust, then what? Will Mitch be saying" get Phil on the phone will ya".Best leave Phil alone from here on in. Pressure city for D'antoni.
sam

Mississauga, Canada

#58493 Nov 12, 2012
Dwhite12 wrote:
from wojo
Chee Phil's demands sounds more like he is after Smitch's job than the coaching position? Hmm could that be in the cards?lol
sam

Mississauga, Canada

#58494 Nov 12, 2012
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
In my opinion the thing about the triangle being complicated is a sack of B.S.!!!!
Pau already proved that it's a matter of player I.Q. to get it then how complicated it is, and really Howard at Center doesn't benefit from the triangle offense?, that's just the L.A. media giving the Lakers some B.S. P.R. help to get the fans off their back for their move.
During the whole time with the bulls and lakers Phil's teams were reload and there were more player that didn't know the Triangle that ones that did, but the few Vets that were left and understood it, walk the rest of the team through it and won titles, so no I'm not buying all that B.S.
As D'Antoni style it may only benefit Nash and Howard that may be true and sacrificing KB, meta and Pau, exactly how is that going to help the Lakers chemistry?
Well about Phil wanting roster control is just an speculation by the media once again!, P.R. for the Lakers for the fans not to go bananas.
At the end of the day this team is not really build for D'Antoni's style, age,size, style of play of some of the player is better fit for slowing down the pace.
Not saying they will do well, all I'm saying is that the reasons that were giving why not PHIL are B.S.
just curious. Have you ever ran or experienced the triangle offense? You think its not that complicated? Just asking.
Showtime

Los Angeles, CA

#58495 Nov 12, 2012
Dwhite12 wrote:
from what i read, the reason they went with d'antoni (sorry guys for saying i wanted him lol) was the triangle is complicated much like the princeton offense and it only benefits pau and bryant, but d'antoni's sttyle will benefit nash and howard, from espn
doubt this matters but he signed a 4 year deal (3 +1 club option) for 12 mil..phi 12 mil a year and he wanted roster control which kupchak worked hard to put this team together..but the claim is, the offense works better for nash and howard and i think that's the case which is why i said he'd be a good fit..obviously i would want phil over mike tho
Not happy with D'antoni, we went from a guy who is all about defense to a guy who is all about offense, the JIm buss era is off to a terrible start, if we are gonna win a championship with D'antoni he better pay some attention to the defensive side of things, dont come in here with the whole "we need just score more points than the other team attitude " Coaches who have gimmick offenses just dont work well, except for phil of course, but adelman was the right man for the job, great coaches can adapt to what they got on their roster, phil jackson is great, but if there is one weakness he truly has, is that hes an opportunist, and lives and dies by his triangle offense, but his track record speaks so damn loud you would think he has no weakness.
Showtime

Los Angeles, CA

#58496 Nov 12, 2012
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
In my opinion the thing about the triangle being complicated is a sack of B.S.!!!!
Pau already proved that it's a matter of player I.Q. to get it then how complicated it is, and really Howard at Center doesn't benefit from the triangle offense?, that's just the L.A. media giving the Lakers some B.S. P.R. help to get the fans off their back for their move.
During the whole time with the bulls and lakers Phil's teams were reload and there were more player that didn't know the Triangle that ones that did, but the few Vets that were left and understood it, walk the rest of the team through it and won titles, so no I'm not buying all that B.S.
As D'Antoni style it may only benefit Nash and Howard that may be true and sacrificing KB, meta and Pau, exactly how is that going to help the Lakers chemistry?
Well about Phil wanting roster control is just an speculation by the media once again!, P.R. for the Lakers for the fans not to go bananas.
At the end of the day this team is not really build for D'Antoni's style, age,size, style of play of some of the player is better fit for slowing down the pace.
Not saying they will do well, all I'm saying is that the reasons that were giving why not PHIL are B.S.
I agree with your thoughts on D'antoni and phil, I too wanted phil, I am scratching my head about D'antoni, defensive coach now we get a pure offensive coach, neither of them are really great coaches, they both did a great job at one time with one team......Anyway, but I disagree about the triangle, you just said it yourself, you need basketball IQ which pau has, also you need the right personal for the triangle, so its not as easy as just coming in here and running it.
Sammy

Mississauga, Canada

#58497 Nov 12, 2012
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> I agree with your thoughts on D'antoni and phil, I too wanted phil, I am scratching my head about D'antoni, defensive coach now we get a pure offensive coach, neither of them are really great coaches, they both did a great job at one time with one team......Anyway, but I disagree about the triangle, you just said it yourself, you need basketball IQ which pau has, also you need the right personal for the triangle, so its not as easy as just coming in here and running it.
Or not actually experiencing it. Its very easy to say its not complicted. Good luck with Dantoni, Iam not sold on him at all.

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#58499 Nov 12, 2012
Dwhite12 wrote:
thoughts?
Ha ha ha I didn't I posted that plan B was to get Mike D' Antoni and Nate McMillan as combos..see didn't make that up either..he he he
Sam

Mississauga, Canada

#58501 Nov 12, 2012
My god..m Third overtime for us tonight.
Sam

Mississauga, Canada

#58502 Nov 12, 2012
My god.. Third overtime for us tonight.

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

#58503 Nov 12, 2012
Dwhite12 wrote:
from wojo
I don't see it as much Phil trying to humiliate Jim Buss, even if Jim deserve it from all those comments he made on the radio about Phil.

But when You are negotiating at a big level I notices that the good ones always ask for way out there stuff in the first round of negotiations to see how much stuff they can away with and set it up for the second round, where they will really ask for what they want.
The other party more likely will agree to the stuff asked in second round as it will be a lot tamer then the first, but I don't think Phil wasn't expecting not getting to the second round and we the fans loss there.

Another thing that got me thinking is that Phil in his last contract was asked by the Lakers to take a pay cut from $12Mil to $10 mil, cause it was too much money.

Now D'Antoni is getting $12 mil and they are okay with that when he got no titles to show for and the Lakers are saying that he was going to be cheaper then Phil it makes me wonder how much did Phil really ask for then.
Dwhite12

Altamonte Springs, FL

#58505 Nov 12, 2012
sam wrote:
<quoted text> just curious. Have you ever ran or experienced the triangle offense? You think its not that complicated? Just asking.
try reading it on wikipedia than say its not complicated lol
Dwhite12

Altamonte Springs, FL

#58506 Nov 12, 2012
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't see it as much Phil trying to humiliate Jim Buss, even if Jim deserve it from all those comments he made on the radio about Phil.
But when You are negotiating at a big level I notices that the good ones always ask for way out there stuff in the first round of negotiations to see how much stuff they can away with and set it up for the second round, where they will really ask for what they want.
The other party more likely will agree to the stuff asked in second round as it will be a lot tamer then the first, but I don't think Phil wasn't expecting not getting to the second round and we the fans loss there.
Another thing that got me thinking is that Phil in his last contract was asked by the Lakers to take a pay cut from $12Mil to $10 mil, cause it was too much money.
Now D'Antoni is getting $12 mil and they are okay with that when he got no titles to show for and the Lakers are saying that he was going to be cheaper then Phil it makes me wonder how much did Phil really ask for then.
yah but phil wanted 12 million a YEAR d'antoni got 12 million over the course of 4 years (3 with club option) big difference.

“Rough road ahead”

Location hidden

#58507 Nov 12, 2012
Sam wrote:
My god..m Third overtime for us tonight.
though loss there sammy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NBA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ray Allen Enjoying Last Laugh over Kevin Garnet... (May '14) Nov 25 foureyes 40
Tri-Rail hits passenger benchmark ... without g... (Feb '08) Nov 23 pisses customer 3... 17
how to get into the nba?? (May '06) Nov 20 superwilly 477
schedule nba today !!!! Nov 19 ZenTu 2
Chicago Or Cleveland: Whose Teams Had More Down... Nov 12 EARL SCOTT 1
LA Lakers Are Best Landing Spot for Quincy Mill... Nov 8 LAKER4LIFE 1
Lebron lost weight because he came off the PEDs... Nov 6 Ken s 2

NBA Basketball People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE