lakers fans
thehumanhighligh treel

Boston, MA

#57904 Oct 10, 2012
Sam wrote:
<quoted text> I caught the first preseason game yesterday against Real Madrid. They looked pretty good but we were missing Jonas. Scoring was very evenly dispersed but they have a ways to go. Suprising John Lucas the third looked pretty good along with Derozen. Well again we shall see. I would be content with just getting to the playoffs.
The rookie you guys drafted eighth I think looks pretty good too, Terrence Ross. Saw him play with Washington in college basketball, hopefully he makes a difference with the team too. Toronto has a pretty decent team on paper when I look at it. Very interested to see how they perform.
Black Mamba

West Palm Beach, FL

#57905 Oct 10, 2012
Sam wrote:
<quoted text> I caught the first preseason game yesterday against Real Madrid. They looked pretty good but we were missing Jonas. Scoring was very evenly dispersed but they have a ways to go. Suprising John Lucas the third looked pretty good along with Derozen. Well again we shall see. I would be content with just getting to the playoffs.
I think they can make the playoffs this year and that will help them out even more as far as free agency. Like you said if a good player sees that this team is going places and getting better each year then they will want to jump on board. I like the evenly scoring aspect because that means they everyone is in ther game doing something. I think the Derozen is going to have a good year and thank God that we have a whole season this time because the more game being played the more time the players will learn each other.
Black Mamba

West Palm Beach, FL

#57906 Oct 10, 2012
The_Solution wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol not to mention k mart comes with his LA stalker that interrupted the laker game last season
I wouldn't mind having him because he can good off the bench and as for that stalker, Metta can take care of her because I'm sure her stalking days would be over once she meets him lol.
Black Mamba

West Palm Beach, FL

#57907 Oct 10, 2012
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the big the started in their first preseason for the Lakers could get the job done, I like the idea of Kmart, but one head case with Artest is enough.
Somtimes we need maybe 2 head cases on the team who know they have a chance to win a title. K Mart would fit right in off the bench. I think that Metta will have a good season this year because he really came on at the end of the season. Good news about Howard. Even though I want him in there the 1st game of the season, he needs to be 100% because its a long season.
Black Mamba

West Palm Beach, FL

#57908 Oct 10, 2012
thehumanhighlightreel wrote:
<quoted text>
Everythings pretty good Dell, how about you? And yah i know, the heat and lebron are the hot topic, of course the Lakers are going to make noise too with their trade. Well, I think the Heat got a little better. Both Rashard Lewis and Ray are a lot older and can't play the same defensively or offensively anymore. I think the C's and the Lakers made more significant improvements. Both definitely have a lot of obstacles but I think both teams can overcome them. I know it's preseason, but the depth of the C's looks very promising, at least right now. I know preseason doesn't mean much, if anything, but 57 bench points in a game at least shows a little bit of promise.
57 bench points in a game is very promising even though it is on the preseason. I hate to say it, but I think Jason Terry is going to be big for the C's this year and hope Bradley can get back to form as he was in the regular season. That kid is going to be with the C's for a long time and Rondo I think will shoot a even better % this year. He is already hard to stop, but will be unguardable if that part of his game is better. Bass will continue his great play and I think the old stars will pace theirselves all year long. I think Allen is going to want to try to prove something and I agree with you about him and Lewis on the defensive side of the ball. Both teams will battle hard to get back on top because their older stars know that the clock is ticking. We are gettting close and it's always strange that the season always starts around Halloween lol.

“Justice always prevails”

Since: Jan 12

vacaville

#57910 Oct 10, 2012
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text>I wouldn't mind having him because he can good off the bench and as for that stalker, Metta can take care of her because I'm sure her stalking days would be over once she meets him lol.
Maybe he can introduce her to his shrink haha
Sam

Brampton, Canada

#57911 Oct 10, 2012
<quoted text>
The rookie you guys drafted eighth I think looks pretty good too, Terrence Ross. Saw him play with Washington in college basketball, hopefully he makes a difference with the team too. Toronto has a pretty decent team on paper when I look at it. Very interested to see how they perform.
Hey Hi, yes not bad and Ross looks pretty good. Great shooter. 2 concerns, Will Jonas be another Bargnani for the first few years? And doe we need three point guards, Calderon, Lucas, Lowry? Otherwise I agree with you.

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#57912 Oct 10, 2012
<quoted text>
I know I know, but it's different now. We have a rookie who can provide a good amount of minutes in Sullinger, Brandon Bass is young, Lee is young, Green, Rondo, and Bradley are young. Throw in Pierce and KG, they both sound like they want to do this. Jason Terry doesn't mind running. I feel like we have more diverse rotations to throw at teams now to keep everyone off balance offensively and defensively.
ha ha ha I actually was going to say, that You are right it took the lakers all they got to win, which means all the celtics had wasn't good enough ha ha ha, expect same results if they meet again..he he he

But good to know that You are understand that these are two different teams from that finals.

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#57913 Oct 10, 2012
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text>Somtimes we need maybe 2 head cases on the team who know they have a chance to win a title. K Mart would fit right in off the bench. I think that Metta will have a good season this year because he really came on at the end of the season. Good news about Howard. Even though I want him in there the 1st game of the season, he needs to be 100% because its a long season.
Yeah I like the idea but do the lakers have the right coach to handle
two headcases?
Phil was great dealing with those for example Odom, Artest, rodman etc;

I barely think brown can handle more then one ego on the same team.
Dwhite12

Altamonte Springs, FL

#57915 Oct 11, 2012
ok this is about kobe calling smush the worst player in the NBA and lakers should hve never let him walk on...good read
During the 2005-06 season, Lakers superstar Kobe Bryant averaged a career best 35.4 points per game, an astounding number only slightly pumped up by his famous 81-point outburst midway through that very potent season. Though the Lakers were downed in the first round, the campaign should have served at the very least as a personal highlight for Kobe, especially as he was back to working with coach Phil Jackson after the head man was exiled from the team during the 2004-05 campaign.
Dwhite12

Altamonte Springs, FL

#57916 Oct 11, 2012
Instead, Kobe's still a little chippy about the lineups that surrounded him during that 45-win season. Up to and including calling former starting point guard Smush Parker "the worst," just before Wednesday night's exhibition loss to the Portland Trail Blazers. From Janis Carr at the Orange County Register:
"I almost won an MVP with Smush Parker and Kwame Brown on my team," Bryant said before Wednesday's 93-75 exhibition loss to Portland. "I was shooting 45 times a game. What was I supposed to do? Pass it to Chris Mihm or Kwame Brown?"
Bryant was referring to 2005-06 when the Lakers' roster included Brian Cook, Stanislav Medvedenko, Devean George and Parker, Mihm and Brown.
Dwhite12

Altamonte Springs, FL

#57917 Oct 11, 2012
Bryant continued, taking aim at his favorite whipping boy, Parker, calling him "the worst. He shouldn't have been in the NBA but we were too cheap to pay for a point guard. So we let him walk on."
Damn, dude. Daaaamn. Great players don't usually mind making indirect references to when their lives were tougher while working amongst less-heralded teammates -- "we've come a long way"-sort of nonsense. But rarely do you see players go on record with names like Kobe just did.
[Related: LeBron James' agent being investigated by NCAA]
About the talent surrounding him, or having to shoot 45 times (27.2, actually) a game, Kobe is spot on. Though Jackson was back to employing the triangle offense, the mismatched parts acquired to run an isolation-heavy attack during Jackson's one year away made it so Bryant had to break away from the offense continually just to keep the Lakers in games. They may have featured the best player in the world that year, though eventual-champion Dwyane Wade might disagree, but 45 wins for that lot was, well, a lot. Bryant was masterful as he led that team back to the postseason.
Calling the guys out, though? Parker, we can understand he's been taking shots at Kobe for years, now, and any sort of contentious back and forth between the two is entirely Parker's fault. Players like Luke Walton and Devean George may have contributed less and hamstrung Kobe's efforts more than Parker in that season; but when you combine Smush's petulance towards Kobe, lack of professionalism, and play he truly does come off as "the worst."
Kwame? His effort was lacking, per usual, and he turned the ball over on nearly 17 percent of the possessions he used up. Could have played better, had he cared more, so it's probably fine for Kobe to call him out. Especially when a still-active Brown, now a Philadelphia 76er, can lay a hard foul on Bryant the next time the Lakers come through Pennsylvania.
(Though he totally won't.)
Chris Mihm? We're not feeling that as much.
Mihm at least tried, and played through injuries. Didn't have the greatest hands in the world, but he was serviceable in the wake of the deal involving Shaquille O'Neal that Bryant nudged the Lakers into (and Vlade Divac's injury-plagued 2004-05 campaign). Over ten points and six boards with a block in 26 minutes for the Lakers in 2005-06 not bad. And, unlike Parker and Brown, he didn't try to cross the king with anything save for the odd dropped pass or 12.
(And, as far as the Lakers being "too cheap to pay for a point guard," Kobe's a little off there, as well. Though Los Angeles didn't pay the luxury tax that season, the team was well over the cap during the offseason and could only legally bring in a guard with an exception or on a minimum contract. Kobe, as well as Lamar Odom and the expiring Brian Grant, all played for over eight figures a year in 2005-06, so it's not as if Los Angeles had a lot of wiggle room.)
Life is a lot easier, now, with Steve Nash handling point guard duties and Dwight Howard ready to throw down as many lobs as Kobe will give him, so you can't blame the man for giddily considering how far he's come. Even with those two championships won in the space between.
But names, Kobe? Their names?
Cold. It's going to be a fun season in Los Angeles. And a hell of a lot of fun as Kobe gets older, and grumpier.
Dwhite12

Altamonte Springs, FL

#57918 Oct 11, 2012
Black Mamba

West Palm Beach, FL

#57919 Oct 11, 2012
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah I like the idea but do the lakers have the right coach to handle
two headcases?
Phil was great dealing with those for example Odom, Artest, rodman etc;
I barely think brown can handle more then one ego on the same team.
I think Brown can handle one more bad egg and those bad eggs know that there time in the NBA is coming to an end. I wouldn't mind having him, but no sur of the Lakers will pull the trigger for him unless they have to. Brown will be in the oven this year instead of hot seat lol.
Black Mamba

West Palm Beach, FL

#57920 Oct 11, 2012
Dwhite12 wrote:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ nba-ball-dont-lie/kobe-bryant- calls-ex-teammate-smush-parker -worst-132154424--nba.html
just read it there lol sorry
Lol so as we can see Parker is not invited to Thanksgiving dinner. I remember how Magic Johnson talked to good about Parker being the next great Laker and how he can get better every year. Turns out we had 2 of the worst Lakers of all time on the same team STARTING. Kwame and Smush aka Dumb and Dumber, Ren and Stimpy, Bevis and Butthead. So many names fit them lol.
Black Mamba

West Palm Beach, FL

#57921 Oct 11, 2012
The_Solution wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe he can introduce her to his shrink haha
Lol that stalker does sound kinda hot. I wonder how she looks.

“Justice always prevails”

Since: Jan 12

vacaville

#57922 Oct 11, 2012
Black Mamba wrote:
<quoted text>Lol that stalker does sound kinda hot. I wonder how she looks.
Here ya go lol
https://www.google.com/search...
ludicrous

Fontana, CA

#57923 Oct 11, 2012
Smush Paarker was good.....Kobe and Lakers just never gave him the chance.....and at least he didn't quit in that suns series like Kobe,in fact he came up with the key play of the series for the Lakers!
ludicrous

Fontana, CA

#57924 Oct 11, 2012
What ever happened to Bigdaddydiclic ?......aka Mike or something.
ludicrous

Fontana, CA

#57925 Oct 11, 2012
Yeah...remember that steroid di-c he-ad?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NBA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News It'll cost you at least $2,700 to talk to Hilla... (Jun '15) Feb 2 Fart news 12
For All His Fame And Money LeBron Still Lacks A... Feb 2 Clouded Minds 1
News Philadelphia 76ers' Joel Embiid Can Now Be View... (Jul '15) Jan 30 Fart news 4
News He's a beauty, but this won't win Eddie another... Jan 30 Fart news 5
News Task force: Mammograms an option at 40, do more... Jan 26 Farts news 4
News Celtics-Lakers rivalry goes back to Lenox, 1960 (Jun '08) Jan 12 Fart news 12
News This Desert Oasis basketball player gives us a ... Jan 10 Fart news 4
More from around the web