lakers fans
Sammy

Brampton, Canada

#57776 Oct 1, 2012
Showtime wrote:
<quoted text> You could be right, I will worry about it when the product becomes unwatchable to me, for now I still believe its my favorite sport to watch.
best game yes. However moneu factors changed it too.
Showtime

Pasadena, CA

#57777 Oct 1, 2012
Dwhite12 wrote:
Joe Johnson says Nets can beat the Heat and Lakers and win a title THIS year. Twitter @NYDNInterNets
i dont know who is in charge of drug testing in the NBA but send someone out to Joe
I would be upset with Johnson if I were a nets fan, you just dont say that, then again the nets have nothing good going for them, might as well.
thehumanhighligh treel

Boston, MA

#57778 Oct 1, 2012
Hey all, can't wait for the season to start. Only weeks away now!

Celtics Lakers Tie-Breaker for the Finals?

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#57779 Oct 1, 2012
Sam wrote:
Like this any suprise.
BREAKING NEWS:#76ers Andrew Bynum out 3 weeks as precaution for right knee. Story coming on @SheridanHoops #NBA
Well he did have his surgery after the Olympics, so I didn't think he would be back for the start of the season.

“Rough road ahead”

Since: Aug 07

Location hidden

#57780 Oct 1, 2012
thehumanhighlightreel wrote:
Hey all, can't wait for the season to start. Only weeks away now!
Celtics Lakers Tie-Breaker for the Finals?
Hey Highlight!!

So, what moves did the Celtics made this off season, I haven't heard anything from them.

As much I would love for the Lakers to trash You C's in the finals again, right now my eye is on OKC, L.A. needs to get pass them first
thehumanhighligh treel

Boston, MA

#57781 Oct 2, 2012
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Highlight!!
So, what moves did the Celtics made this off season, I haven't heard anything from them.
As much I would love for the Lakers to trash You C's in the finals again, right now my eye is on OKC, L.A. needs to get pass them first
What up RR!

Celtics have made some real important moves, doing pretty much everything I wanted them too at this point. We've got Jason Terry and Courtney Lee to help out our back court depth with Rondo. Definite plus since Avery Bradley will be out the first two months, but once he's back and gets into form for the playoffs (of course we're making the playoffs) I believe we will have a very deep, title contending team. We've got Bass re-signed, Jeff Green too, plus Sullinger as a rookie for the front court depth, I'm sure it will help out down in the paint where we have had most our struggles. Jeff Green is what i'm most looking forward too, since I've always thought Pierce needs someone to give him rest so he can give his best in the post-season. Pierce's knee is apparently 100% so hoping for a healthy season this year.

Lol, Lakers trashing the Celtics. Funny joke. But yah I understand what you're saying, everything looks good on paper, but needs time to be molded together. Of course, you've got the Thunder to look at, and maybe the Spurs or someone else, I don't know. Whereas the Celtics obviously have the Heat in the way, and maybe Chicago depending on the whole D.Rose situation.

“Justice always prevails”

Since: Jan 12

vacaville

#57782 Oct 2, 2012
thehumanhighlightreel wrote:
<quoted text>What up RR!

Celtics have made some real important moves, doing pretty much everything I wanted them too at this point. We've got Jason Terry and Courtney Lee to help out our back court depth with Rondo. Definite plus since Avery Bradley will be out the first two months, but once he's back and gets into form for the playoffs (of course we're making the playoffs) I believe we will have a very deep, title contending team. We've got Bass re-signed, Jeff Green too, plus Sullinger as a rookie for the front court depth, I'm sure it will help out down in the paint where we have had most our struggles. Jeff Green is what i'm most looking forward too, since I've always thought Pierce needs someone to give him rest so he can give his best in the post-season. Pierce's knee is apparently 100% so hoping for a healthy season this year.

Lol, Lakers trashing the Celtics. Funny joke. But yah I understand what you're saying, everything looks good on paper, but needs time to be molded together. Of course, you've got the Thunder to look at, and maybe the Spurs or someone else, I don't know. Whereas the Celtics obviously have the Heat in the way, and maybe Chicago depending on the whole D.Rose situation.
Not to mention fab melo can offer some hard fouls at the rim and alter shots.
Sam

Brampton, Canada

#57783 Oct 2, 2012
rrenault wrote:
<quoted text>
Well he did have his surgery after the Olympics, so I didn't think he would be back for the start of the season.
Yea and probably gone just as quickly too.
Dwhite12

Winter Park, FL

#57784 Oct 2, 2012
look out L.A. more importantly Lakers

Glen Davis: "The thing we're going to miss most about Dwight is his farting ability." Twitter

Glen Davis re: Dwight Howard: "A great farter. He can fart. He can fart loud -- the loudest farts. Silent farts." Twitter
Sam the man

Brampton, Canada

#57785 Oct 2, 2012
Dwhite12 wrote:
look out L.A. more importantly Lakers
Glen Davis: "The thing we're going to miss most about Dwight is his farting ability." Twitter
Glen Davis re: Dwight Howard: "A great farter. He can fart. He can fart loud -- the loudest farts. Silent farts." Twitter
Well perhaps the air will be cleaner in Lando.
Sam the man

Brampton, Canada

#57786 Oct 2, 2012
And more polluted in LA
thehumanhighligh treel

Boston, MA

#57787 Oct 2, 2012
The_Solution wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to mention fab melo can offer some hard fouls at the rim and alter shots.
Yah, exactly. I wonder how many minutes he'll actually get though. I'm interested in Kris Joseph also, he had a good showing in summer league, so did Dionte Christmas especially. Maybe we could get good rookie production, but that's just hopeful wishing. They say the Celtics offense will see a burst this season, a more fast-breaking style even. I would love this, especially since our defense is always one of the best.
thehumanhighligh treel

Boston, MA

#57788 Oct 2, 2012
Dwhite12 wrote:
look out L.A. more importantly Lakers
Glen Davis: "The thing we're going to miss most about Dwight is his farting ability." Twitter
Glen Davis re: Dwight Howard: "A great farter. He can fart. He can fart loud -- the loudest farts. Silent farts." Twitter
LOL.. I miss Glen Davis
thehumanhighligh treel

Boston, MA

#57789 Oct 2, 2012
WALTHAM, Mass.– There are a lot of NBA stat gurus who picked the Boston Celtics’ offense apart last season. They said the C’s were inefficient, that they played at too slow of a slow pace and that they couldn’t muster up enough points to keep up in this young, athletic league.
Don’t expect that to be the sentiment this season. At least not if Doc Rivers has his way.
Rivers has been preaching for years that he wants his team to get out and run. He wants them to score in transition, logging as many easy buckets as possible.
But just because he wanted that doesn’t mean he got it. As Rivers alluded to this afternoon, he just hadn’t been able to get his former teams to buy into the mindset of scoring on the break.
Many Celtics teammates and coaches are gushing about the skills Courtney Lee brings to the team.
Brian Babineau/NBAE/Getty Images
“We haven’t had guys that really wanted to run,” Rivers said.
Do you notice how he used the past tense? That immediately changed with the next sentence that happily rolled off of his tongue.
Rivers continued,“I think we have more of those guys now.”
That’s a fact. Courtney Lee is now in the fold. Jeff Green is back in the fold. Jason Terry has arrived, too, and we all know that he loves to score as many points as possible – it’s his modus operandi.
That trio of players will drastically alter the landscape of Boston’s offense this season, both in transition and in the half court.
Scoring on the break might be the most important area in which the Celtics need to improve this season. Easy buckets take stress off of the offense and they allow the defense to set up in the half court, something that’s vital while playing against teams like the Heat and Thunder.
Kevin Garnett used part of the second day of training camp to explain to his new teammates that easy buckets simply weren’t of the norm last season, and that such a trend must change this time around.“[Garnett] was like,‘We didn’t get a lot of easy points, easy buckets. We had to work for everything,’“Lee said of Garnett’s mini speech.“So that’s one thing I’m going to try to do on the offensive end, is to get out and run.”
Lee will run alongside Rajon Rondo to start games off, and then Terry and Green will step in to carry much of that load, too. The possibilities are just about endless, and the C’s are already having grand visions of what they’ll be able to accomplish while sprinting from one end of the court to the other.
thehumanhighligh treel

Boston, MA

#57790 Oct 2, 2012
“This training camp we’ve connected on a couple of fast-break points, so that’s going to be huge for us,” Lee said.“If we can get 10-12 points a game on transition, that’s huge.”
In addition to scoring on the break, Boston also plans to have a much more diverse offense in the half court. Last season, nearly everything went through Rondo. There’s a reason why he led the league in assists per game by a wide margin. He initiated everything and did a phenomenal job finding teammates for open shots.
The Celtics will continue to lean on Rondo’s playmaking this season, but there will be much less weight on his shoulders to dominate in the same fashion he did a season ago. As Terry explained, he and Lee will be there to help in that department.
“Now you have guys like myself and Courtney who can also handle the ball in pick-and-roll situations and can make it a lot easier on these guys,” said the former Sixth Man of the Year.“Usually Rondo has to get everybody involved and get everybody shots, whereas now he penetrates the lane, kicks it to us, now we can also create. It won’t just be a catch-and-shoot situation.”
In other words, Boston will now run an offense that features multiple actions. When you have the ball in playmakers’ hands on the second and third actions of possessions, good things are bound to happen.
With all of this in mind, it’s clear that the Celtics’ offense will be much more diverse than it has been in the recent past. It’s not because of a shift in philosophy, but more because of a shift in personnel. And it should be a shift for the better.
thehumanhighligh treel

Boston, MA

#57791 Oct 2, 2012
That's the article on it. Here's the link if you can't see the full thing. For some reason I'm only seeing half of what I posted.

http://www.nba.com/celtics/news/sidebar/new-l...
Sam

Brampton, Canada

#57792 Oct 3, 2012
Matty had some run in.
http://www.tmz.com/videos/0_uzuocdqt/ #!id=0_uzuocdqt
Black Mamba

West Palm Beach, FL

#57793 Oct 3, 2012
thehumanhighlightreel wrote:
Hey all, can't wait for the season to start. Only weeks away now!
Celtics Lakers Tie-Breaker for the Finals?
What's good High. How is everything? Yeah can't wait until the season even though espn and etc are going to be talking about the Miami Heat lol. The sad thing is that they got better. As for another Lakers Celtics Finals, it will be tough even though both teams have improved in the offseason. Lakers have to deal with Thunder, Spurs, Memphis and Nuggets. Celtics have to deal with the Heat Stroke, Bulls(only if Rose is back to form), Knicks, Sixers. We shall see it unfold and I Oct.30 can't get here quick enough.
Black Mamba

West Palm Beach, FL

#57794 Oct 3, 2012
Dwhite12 wrote:
Joe Johnson says Nets can beat the Heat and Lakers and win a title THIS year. Twitter @NYDNInterNets
i dont know who is in charge of drug testing in the NBA but send someone out to Joe
Joe is being blinded by the NY lights and they always will be the New Jersey Nuts in my opinion.
Black Mamba

West Palm Beach, FL

#57795 Oct 3, 2012
Sammy wrote:
<quoted text> best game yes. However moneu factors changed it too.
What's good Sam. I know you are ready for the season and I know you are ready for mt famous picks for each days games. How do you think the Raptors are going to do? I'm not going to call them the Craptors like you do lol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NBA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Who is better, Kobe or LeBron? (Mar '09) Aug 26 Fart news 2,106
News NBA Rumors: Knicks Interested In Trading For Ja... Aug 19 Fart news 2
how to get into the nba?? (May '06) Aug 18 Baby Kareem 480
News Jonas Valanciunas may get a max-deal despite no... Aug 10 Fart news 2
mai chut chatta hu Aug 8 Raj 1
News Is Kobe Bryant better than Michael Jordan? (Apr '07) Aug 1 Fart news 12,043
News Tony Allen says he wants to play about five mor... Jul '15 Fart news 4
More from around the web