how to get into the nba??

“Justice always prevails”

Since: Jan 12

vacaville

#507 May 19, 2013
kensy mkhabele wrote:
Hey what's up I'm kensy 16 years old and 6.1 with a vertical jump of 54 and a good jumper.I can double hand dunk and have been doing so since 8th grade,I work quite hard on improving my skill level almost everyday and am inspired once seeing tony parker touch a ball.All I ever wanted was to be recognised by any team in the nba,it would be thee greatest dream come true, any tips from any of you?
Sorry but your vertical measurement is off. Jordan didn't even have a 50 inch very
kensy mkhabele

South Africa

#508 May 19, 2013
The_Solution wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry but your vertical measurement is off. Jordan didn't even have a 50 inch very
54 centimeters...not inches..that was in 9th grade, our school doesn't seem to measure our verticals anymore.
kensy mkhabele

South Africa

#509 May 20, 2013
Oh sorry I forgot my statistics,I average 6 blocks a game and 13 rebounds along with 16 point average everygame with 93%on the free throw line
kensy mkhabele

South Africa

#510 May 20, 2013
Anonymous wrote:
I do want to make it to the NBA but the problem is I'm from South Africa,Free State and there are not so many opportunities here I've been selected to go on the under 21 trials of the nationals this coming saturday doesn't that show I'm good please can anybody see me crying out for help?please guys.

How did you manage to get trials for nationals :O...that's been my goal since 9th grade!! The s.a basketball players always practice at my school and they are quite impressed by my ability,could you try hook me up? Or atleast tell me how you got trials
Nick

Canada

#511 Jul 11, 2013
My name is Nick and I average 28 points a game with 7.8 assists I am 15 years old playing for my varsity team I am 5'11 PG/SG with dunking abilities my perimeter shot is my strength but my athleticism is a killer to defense. I also average 3 steals a game and usually convert them on the offensive end. I am a team player and hope to make it to the nba one day.
Nick

Canada

#512 Jul 11, 2013
My name is Nick and I average 28 points a game with 7.8 assists I am 15 years old playing for my varsity team I am 5'11 PG/SG with dunking abilities, I have a vertical of 36 inches. my perimeter shot is my strength but my athleticism is a killer to defense. I also average 3 steals a game and usually convert them on the offensive end. I am a team player and hope to make it to the nba one day.
Marcus Lovett

Mandaluyong City, Philippines

#513 Aug 24, 2013
Nick wrote:
My name is Nick and I average 28 points a game with 7.8 assists I am 15 years old playing for my varsity team I am 5'11 PG/SG with dunking abilities, I have a vertical of 36 inches. my perimeter shot is my strength but my athleticism is a killer to defense. I also average 3 steals a game and usually convert them on the offensive end. I am a team player and hope to make it to the nba one day.
You got some improvements, I'm a PG, 16, I average 42 ppg, 5 apg, 18 rpg, 6 spg, dunking ability and a killer crossover. Im top 10 in the nation! look me up on YouTube. Marcus Lovett Jr
vishwajeet singh rathore

Jaipur, India

#516 Dec 5, 2013
hello every one i am a basketball player and i want to go in NBA i can do any thing to go in NBA please help me i will not dissappoint you
Hoop Pipedreams

Miami, FL

#517 Dec 5, 2013
I just posted a layup on my little sister in my parents driveway. I wnat to go to the NBA. Any sage advice?

“too hard to handle”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#518 Dec 6, 2013
Get a job
Mitche

Canada

#519 Jan 30, 2014
I'm 15 6'3 love basketball I a good shooter I play pretty good post am pretty fast bu not very high stamina how can I get in better shap and high stamina help
kensy mkhabele

South Africa

#520 Apr 5, 2014
Hey what do you know its mr " you can't guard me"..you also have some improvements to make.you need to work on your body control and get stronger man, but other than that I'm interested to see where you'll end up in the future, keep it up
Baby Mamba

Anderson, SC

#522 Jun 21, 2014
i have nice handles i can use both my left and right hand i am short but i play aggresive i get into the paint with ease, and most of the time i can finish but when i cant i get fouled and i make my free throws 9/10. I have a mid range jump shot kinda of like kobe and i also have a solid three point shot and defensively i am solid i can get a few steals a game and i force a lot of pick ups and turnovers however i do get frustrated when i have a string of bad plays in a row but i can usually get back into the game quickly. i average about 8 points a game with 9 assist and about 2 steals and when i get on a roll i can score about 20 points with 11 assist do you think i am good enough to be successful when I play college basketball and do you think i will be good enough to make it into the NBA one day ?
fercho

Brisbane, Australia

#523 Jul 11, 2014
australia mvp best game was 54 points 7 assits 28 rebounds 11 blocks gone undeafted so far this season
Tobby Maditsi

Pretoria, South Africa

#524 Nov 20, 2014
I'm 18 years old and im from Limpopo South Africa. I love basketball with all my heart and as far as I can remember I've been playing the game my whole life. During my growth I realized that this is actually what I wanna do my whole life and that's when I decided that I wanna play in the NBA. My passion was fired up when I saw the Lebron documentary. I look up to Lebron James game but since I can't dunk I look up to someone who does what I do in the court and that's dribbling (ankle breaking) and shooting,someone like Kyrie Irving. I'm the captain of my home team. My parents think im wasting my time with this game and i don't have a future with it,i want to prove them wrong. Please help me reach the NBA.

“too hard to handle”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#525 Nov 20, 2014
Guys the whole world is littered with good streetballers who want to play etc but go nowhere. My best friend played 4 yrs hs 33 ppg avg with 11 rebs and 10 assists a game and is a bus driver now.

To get into the nba;

Play hard, join. join a team in an accredited leagu. Listen to the coaches (be coachable). Then accept your lot in life. 1/20 makes a high school team. 1/100 makes an ncaa team. Only about 300 of those guys get drafted. Out of those who get drafted only 1/3 of those make the team. So you see your chances even in the best circumstances are literally one in a million. Plan for something more certain.
Wael

Beirut, Lebanon

#526 Dec 28, 2014
Hi I'm 13 years old ,I'm working very hard every day I'm 5'9 do you think that I can get in the NBA?
CCG

South Africa

#527 Apr 1, 2015
Hello I'm still turning 13 I am about 5'1" I am good at layups,shooting,passing and dribbling. I live Johannesburg, South Africa. They say there are NBA camps in south africa or africa, so please help me find the camp.
Gage Ledford

Murphy, NC

#528 May 31, 2015
Im 12 and 5'0 flat do i have a chance in the NBA
Baby Kareem

United States

#529 Aug 18, 2015
I'm 6'4 and age 14 I play varsety and my averages are 22 ppg 9rpg 4bpg 2stl my 86%free throw I'm want to make it to the NBA I can dunk pretty easy my max verticle is 34 and I play Sf/Pf and I would like to do great thing I think I have a great shot at collage and NBA if I believe and put the work in

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NBA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lakers fans (Nov '07) 32 min Bewitched 79,354
News What is the Sixers' Ideal Pick Position? (Apr '15) 10 hr Sam 5
News updated Idaho official: Kobe Bryant's remarks h... Thu His Muse 4
Stephan A. Smith Has Vocabulary But Lacks Thoug... Thu Talkin to oneself 3
News Green has strong reaction to strange question f... May 2 Sam 2
Wholesale NBA Kobe Byrant 10 Basketball Shoes o... May 1 kobe10zoom 1
News Hillary Clinton accused of offending Native Ame... May 1 Sam 2
More from around the web