how to get into the nba??

“too hard to handle”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#459 Apr 8, 2012
stanley Eboh wrote:
How do the nba find out about yoou?
Um....sorry, one of the first things anybody would notice about you would be your command of the english language, ie spelling, syntax, things like that.

Besides that, previous commentators have pointed out that you need t excell in an organized league, not just street balling.
beenrobbed

Ashland, KY

#461 Apr 11, 2012
bryan soto wrote:
well me i got handle and a jump shot i got right and left and i dribble with both hands jump shot im 6'0 tall 16 years old and play poit guard and shoting guard for my varsity team in high sckool im they cant stop me when it come to the game of basketball i average 7.3 assist and 25.8 points a game and im only a sophmore lolz a yo but get at me in my e-mail.......... [email protected]
also like to see some video footage.
Abdifatah

Minneapolis, MN

#462 Apr 20, 2012
I am 6'0 and I play SG I'm skinny but I can make it hard for u to guard me because of my speed and jumping ability.I need help on getting to the NBA.

“too hard to handle”

Location hidden

#463 Apr 20, 2012
Abdifatah wrote:
I am 6'0 and I play SG I'm skinny but I can make it hard for u to guard me because of my speed and jumping ability.I need help on getting to the NBA.
Show ability to learn and be coached. Play in an organized league and do well in school. Do that and the NBA will find you.
cpd

Danville, KY

#464 Apr 20, 2012
Go to the University of Kentucky!
Abdifatah

Minneapolis, MN

#465 Apr 20, 2012
superwilly wrote:
<quoted text>
Show ability to learn and be coached. Play in an organized league and do well in school. Do that and the NBA will find you.
Ight bet
Good lookin bro
Abdifatah

Minneapolis, MN

#466 Apr 20, 2012
cpd wrote:
Go to the University of Kentucky!
I'm planning on going to Michigan State University
Abdifatah

Minneapolis, MN

#467 Apr 20, 2012
John Holka wrote:
Im only 13 im 6 foot average 30 points a game...12 rebounds a game i play small forward..im quick have a perfected shot, can touch the rim but not dunk,im only 13...i play 8th grade ball watch out for me in a few years when im in 12th grade
I believe in u Mann keep up the hard work
yourmom

Burlington, IA

#468 Apr 21, 2012
Your
Mom
Anonymous

UK

#469 May 14, 2012
I do want to make it to the NBA but the problem is I'm from South Africa,Free State and there are not so many opportunities here I've been selected to go on the under 21 trials of the nationals this coming saturday doesn't that show I'm good please can anybody see me crying out for help?please guys.
Grottylotty169

Southport, UK

#470 May 14, 2012
I am 13 5"10 and I want to know if I could have a chance in the NBA I'm british and I'm a good shooter a good passer a good defence I'm good overall please let me now at [email protected]
Filip

Canada

#471 May 29, 2012
All you guys who said that your avarege per game is about 20pts or more thats because you guys didnt had a goos defender! Im 5.5' ive played in spain rumania and now in canada (im only 17) and i can garante uf im your defender you wont score more them 8/10 points a game. I play PG very good shooting even with pressure on, i avrage 15 asiats per game and almost 3 steals. I have a great vision of game i make everybody from my team better. You cant stop me but i can stop you!
[email protected]

“too hard to handle”

Location hidden

#472 May 31, 2012
Try to play some pickup one on one against ex nba players, then see what they think of you chances.
datruth

Fairmount, GA

#473 Jun 1, 2012
Be good o your high school team, be recruited into a college, play well there, and hope to be selected for the NBA draft.
MAKEVEL

Manchester, NH

#474 Jun 23, 2012
YOU GET THEM
Martin Mugabe

UK

#475 Jul 30, 2012
I live in the UK iam just turned 16 been playin Ball since i was 11 i can shoot i can drive i have post moves almost dunkin i can shoot from anywer, ffavourite player KB24 since i dont know, i watch KOBEY videos and i practise all the moves he does but cant do everything yet my coach says i should hold back but i cant.
Email: [email protected]

“Justice always prevails”

Since: Jan 12

vacaville

#476 Jul 30, 2012
Best advice is to move to the US and play AAU, then high school ball, if you are even remotely close to good enough for pro ball then you will be offered a college scholarship. From there you interview and/or work out for a team and you hope to be drafted. Or you can join the NBDL (NBA minor league and hope to be brought up) You could also be noticed by playing well in the Olympics or FIBA play for your country
Darko Milicic

Valley Springs, CA

#477 Jul 31, 2012
MAKAVELI wrote:
i mean, how can u get a contract and requirements
Hello I am 7' tall, was drafted #2 in 2003 NBA draft, but coach never put me in the games :( I have great 3pt shot, hit all my freethrows and am a defensive beast, please help me get back into the NBA.
The future

UK

#478 Aug 1, 2012
I live in England and have been playin basketball for about 8 months now and I've really progressed. Ive been scouted to my city team. I'm 16 going on 17 and I'm about 6.2 200lbs. I play pf or centre because of my size, my dad is 6ft and my mum is ridiculously small so do you think I'll grow any bigger. I doubt I have a chance in the nba but in England I have a really good chance, a chance for the 2016 olympics

“Justice always prevails”

Since: Jan 12

vacaville

#479 Aug 1, 2012
The future wrote:
I live in England and have been playin basketball for about 8 months now and I've really progressed. Ive been scouted to my city team. I'm 16 going on 17 and I'm about 6.2 200lbs. I play pf or centre because of my size, my dad is 6ft and my mum is ridiculously small so do you think I'll grow any bigger. I doubt I have a chance in the nba but in England I have a really good chance, a chance for the 2016 olympics
Even though you are big for normal people standard, you will be prototypical NBA point guard size. I suggest you develop your ball handling, speed, passing ability, defense against other 1 and 2 guards. Also work on your jump shot. Your size will be a great asset now but if you play at a college or pro level you will be one of the smallest guys out there. So don't neglect your point guard/shooting guard skills.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NBA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
lakers fans (Nov '07) 13 hr Sam 81,444
News Is Kobe Bryant better than Michael Jordan? (Apr '07) Sep 4 sam 12,081
News Kanye West released an explicit and bizarre new... Sep 1 Go Blue Forever 19
News Trump stirs controversy with tweet about fatal ... Aug 29 grounded in reali... 1
News Dwyane Wade's cousin shot dead while pushing he... Aug 29 grounded in reali... 1
News Lakers: Should LA Pursue Dwight Howard in Free ... Aug '16 Sam 4
News Damian lillard...NBA MVP? Jul '16 Swift 1
More from around the web