Is Kobe Bryant better than Michael Jo...

Is Kobe Bryant better than Michael Jordan?

There are 12081 comments on the North County Times story from Apr 1, 2007, titled Is Kobe Bryant better than Michael Jordan?. In it, North County Times reports that:

“Bout to get some rest, tonight should be a hard, tough and FUN game. Strength and honor. Two-4.”

By: LOREN NELSON - Staff Writer NO -- Kobe Bryant once scored 81 points in a single NBA game, a feat that is more confounding than it is astounding. via North County Times

Join the discussion below, or Read more at North County Times.

Sammy

Etobicoke, Canada

#12670 Nov 3, 2011
Emissary From Lovetron wrote:
<quoted text>
Well look a here! You managed to put together an entire sentence almost. I bet if you pulled your head out of Tiffs a$$ you might actually remember to end a sentence with punctuation. You do know what a period is right.
OK, maybe not but either way you liquid turd taster, get a cognative thought of your own and riding the coatails of a woman? shameless hardly begins to describe the type of Goat smelling, cheese curd you are.
Now go and scrape the penecillin from behind your ears you
D!ckless wonder.
Look at here, you are still acting like a nut case spewing the same ole crap. Goof
Sammy

Etobicoke, Canada

#12671 Nov 3, 2011
<quoted text>
Well look a here! You managed to put together an entire sentence almost. I bet if you pulled your head out of Tiffs a$$ you might actually remember to end a sentence with punctuation. You do know what a period is right.
OK, maybe not but either way you liquid turd taster, get a cognative thought of your own and riding the coatails of a woman? shameless hardly begins to describe the type of Goat smelling, cheese curd you are.
Now go and scrape the penecillin from behind your ears you
D!ckless wonder.
You really talk alot of fart.
Ginobili

San Francisco, CA

#12672 Nov 4, 2011
Once the talks begin and Kobe comes back all the fans will come right to the NBA. Many posters here believe that Kobe is the best ever not MJ nor Lebron.
Kobe will soon surpassed most of MJ's records. This season with a healthy Gasol the Lakers are favored to win another NBA title. This title will validate how good Kobe is, winning with a weak supporting cast. MJ had strong team mates around him---Pippen, BJ Armstrong, Ron Harper, John Paxson, Cartwright, Grant, Oakley--all NBA all-stars.
Chief

New Britain, CT

#12673 Nov 4, 2011
NO!!! Not even close.
rich

Fulton, KY

#12674 Nov 4, 2011
Ginobili wrote:
Once the talks begin and Kobe comes back all the fans will come right to the NBA. Many posters here believe that Kobe is the best ever not MJ nor Lebron.
Kobe will soon surpassed most of MJ's records. This season with a healthy Gasol the Lakers are favored to win another NBA title. This title will validate how good Kobe is, winning with a weak supporting cast. MJ had strong team mates around him---Pippen, BJ Armstrong, Ron Harper, John Paxson, Cartwright, Grant, Oakley--all NBA all-stars.
a weak supporting cast? hahaha... SHAQ won him his first 3 titles! you must be kidding, shaq was only the most dominant big man in the history of the nba, get real playa

“yeah im ghetto,what?”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#12675 Nov 5, 2011
rich wrote:
<quoted text>
a weak supporting cast? hahaha... SHAQ won him his first 3 titles! you must be kidding, shaq was only the most dominant big man in the history of the nba, get real playa
so shaq would have won without Kobe? u trippin dude. What shaq do wit Penny in Orlando? Nash in Phoenix? LeCHOKE in Cleveland? paul pierce and rondo in boston? exactly fool. who he win wit? KOBE and my boy, Dwyane WADE the 2 best ballaz in the world. get real playa. shaq was beast but everybody know one of them mvps in la belong to kobe.

“yeah im ghetto,what?”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#12676 Nov 5, 2011
<quoted text>
But Sammy is yo' B!tch!!! He cosigns and hypes everything you say, he got his head so far up your a$$ if you fart it comes out his a$$. He is the kind of weak P*ssy I can't stand that just sits around and tries to use someonelses heart to define his success. So don't defend this Punk! Let him stand up for himself.
Now as to you Young Lady, Start with your definition of self. The best thing about living in this great world of ours is that against the worst of odds we can be anything we want to be. And having haters is nothing new but don't make the mistake of letting them define you.
I'm not nearly a Saint and Reverend is a title I will never hold. Just because I have a real concern about the evolution of the young black people in my area does not make me a Reverend and although I have been well recognized for my efforts that's not why I do what I do.
I do it for young people like you little Tiffy. Once you made that commitment to change your life you put yourself out on a limb and I'm sure the hardest thing you ever did is go legit. Young people need to know that you don't have to be a Rapper or Athlete to have a good life. We need Doctors,Lawyers and Indian Chiefs too.
Don't sleep on the GED it's a significant accomplishment and you should be proud. And congratulations on the job Hope it works out well for you.
Be strong and [email protected] what anybody has to say about you. Picture yourself living on a higher plane and in time with hard work you can evolve into something wonderful, and don't let faggots like Sammy drag your thought processes down into the gutter you spent so much time escaping. And if you really Ghetto then you should know how to recognize the people in this world that mean you no earthly good.
Being one of the good guys is nothing I'm ashamed of. The same fools that hated on me when I was younger are asking me to help them get jobs now.
So if an A$$ busting is what you got for me then by all means "Bring the Pain"!!!!!!!
first off, sammy aint nobodys b!tch just cuz he agree wit me. how is sammy gonna drag me down? i dont take what people say to heart online thats weak. if u really about helpin out black folk then thats cool of u but what if sammy need help to? u gonna turn yo back on him? thanks for the props i know a GED aint gonna cut it but thats a start. im gonna take some classes at the community college next semester with or without any influence online.im 39 years old and took me my whole life to see that i aint goin anywhere without some sorta of education. i didnt really have parents and they just wante me to quit school and get a job to help pay bills. yo, just cuz i talk funny to you dont mean im completely dumb i am kinda dumb lol but not completely. I just like to laugh and make jokes in here cuz like i said, this subject is played out already. its impossible to compare players because one different era and competiton, different set of circumstances. you cant go off stats completly cuz kobe realy didnt have a mentor and sat on a bench the first 2 years. jordan didnt have the problems kobe did, he was the man in chicago and Shaq was the man in LA while kobe got limited time under 'coach' del harris (joke)
Emissary From Lovetron

Granite City, IL

#12677 Nov 6, 2011
I can't compare Kobe to Mike anymore than I can compare Dirk to Bird. It's not about different eras it's about the individuals. Mike was significantly more polished than Kobe especially on defense.
The really strange part to me is I think Kobe is better educated even though he didn't go to College but there is no substitute for what mike learned from Dean Smith. there is also the quality of Mikes teammates and opponents in College (The ACC goes hard).
Kobe is one of the truly phenominal talents I have ever seen but I still say not quite on Jordans level for serveral reasons but the one that sticks out the most is their carrer high games.

Kobe's carrer high is against a helpless Raptor team with no stars worth mentioning Mikes career high is against a perennial contender with 4 All Stars.

As the level of competion got tougher Kobe dissapeared and folded against teams like San Antonio, Sacramento and Dallas when it counted most.

Mike Destryed the 2 time defending champs (Pistons) lit up one of the five best teams in NBA History for 63 in a playoff game (85 Celtics) and walked off a baseball diamond into MSG to light up the best defensive team in the league for a double nickel.
Emissary From Lovetron

Granite City, IL

#12678 Nov 6, 2011
rich wrote:
<quoted text>
Shaq is not the most dominant big man in NBA History and had he played about 10 years earlier he would have been average against beasts like Mike Oberding, Artis Gilmore, Marvin Webster, Wes Unseld and Bob Lanier.
Shaq has a fraction of Kareems skill set and that former 440 Sprinter from Kansas (Wilt Chamberlain) would have run him out of the gym.
Emissary From Lovetron

Granite City, IL

#12679 Nov 6, 2011
Tiffannny wrote:
<quoted text>
first off, sammy aint nobodys b!tch just cuz he agree wit me. how is sammy gonna drag me down? i dont take what people say to heart online thats weak. if u really about helpin out black folk then thats cool of u but what if sammy need help to? u gonna turn yo back on him? thanks for the props i know a GED aint gonna cut it but thats a start. im gonna take some classes at the community college next semester with or without any influence online.im 39 years old and took me my whole life to see that i aint goin anywhere without some sorta of education. i didnt really have parents and they just wante me to quit school and get a job to help pay bills. yo, just cuz i talk funny to you dont mean im completely dumb i am kinda dumb lol but not completely. I just like to laugh and make jokes in here cuz like i said, this subject is played out already. its impossible to compare players because one different era and competiton, different set of circumstances. you cant go off stats completly cuz kobe realy didnt have a mentor and sat on a bench the first 2 years. jordan didnt have the problems kobe did, he was the man in chicago and Shaq was the man in LA while kobe got limited time under 'coach' del harris (joke)
Sammy endorses behavior in you that he knows to be wrong. If he was really your friend he would tell you the truth.

You just made statements that are well thought out and have excellent points and not once did you result to vulgar or deviant behavior.

Now I'm impressed!!!!!
Sammy

Etobicoke, Canada

#12680 Nov 6, 2011
I can't compare Kobe to Mike anymore than I can compare Dirk to Bird. It's not about different eras it's about the individuals. Mike was significantly more polished than Kobe especially on defense.
The really strange part to me is I think Kobe is better educated even though he didn't go to College but there is no substitute for what mike learned from Dean Smith. there is also the quality of Mikes teammates and opponents in College (The ACC goes hard).
Kobe is one of the truly phenominal talents I have ever seen but I still say not quite on Jordans level for serveral reasons but the one that sticks out the most is their carrer high games.
Kobe's carrer high is against a helpless Raptor team with no stars worth mentioning Mikes career high is against a perennial contender with 4 All Stars.
As the level of competion got tougher Kobe dissapeared and folded against teams like San Antonio, Sacramento and Dallas when it counted most.
Mike Destryed the 2 time defending champs (Pistons) lit up one of the five best teams in NBA History for 63 in a playoff game (85 Celtics) and walked off a baseball diamond into MSG to light up the best defensive team in the league for a double nickel.
Give me a break son. You sound like a guy looking for sympathy. Oh please cut the crap. You want to talk ball then talk ball. Quit the nonsense.
You also had the option to shut you're clappers and speak intelligently long ago but you continued you BS too. So you really ready to actually have a sensible discusion?
First off. Kobe is more intelligent? you are off you're rocker. Kobe never attended college. If you notice (nothing against Kobe)he is a replica of MJ. Obviously he learned from many other players one being MJ.Even down to the way he speaks. MJ is a very clever guy.If you actually sat and watched a game, defense in those days wasn't a big of a deal is it is today.Hence the scores. Besides era, rules changed too. So you can't compare Kobe's defensive skills to MJ. Quite frankly we have hashed this to death on here. 11,000 plus posts should give you an idea. BTW aren't you the same guy who backs up Stacey King?
Anyway, for you to come here and spew sh*t that I know what Iam doing about truth, look in the mirror. Think before you write there Partna.
Sammy

Etobicoke, Canada

#12681 Nov 6, 2011
<quoted text>
You are entitled to your skewerd opinion as deviant as it may be, fact is I do what I do cause here in the real hood I see the danger of people not doing things to improve the world they live in. I do it because without someone doing something my small corner of the world will get only worse. I do what I do because I am nessesary. I do what I do because inspite of assholes like you I actually have hope in the potential of the next generation that instead of being lost and just effed up in general, that at some point in your life you discover enlightenment and it makes you rich and worthy instead of the bitter lost child that you are.
And just like a frustrated child you rant and rave using language that is inappropriate hoping it makes you look tough.
And your little cheerleader (Sammy) is the only B!tch on the thread I have seen. Maybe if he took his nose out of your a$$ he could smell something other than Kat turds.
Pray that in you little insignficant world that at some point you have the passion to come to the Foundation and make a difference in the world you live in.....or......you can sit back and complain as the world deteriorates around you and you sit there without a clue wishing you could think of solutions.
Ghetto? you are so far from the definition is is pathetic and being a foul mouth idiot is being a foul mouth idiot and has nothing to do with being ghetto.
Ghetto is 10 people living in a one bedroom apartment sharing shirts and jackets eating spam sammiches doing laundry in the bathtub.
People are not ghetto because they want to be, they are ghetto to survive.
Your turn
Raving insults like this warrants what you say about me? Yet you sit and watch NBA ball? and ridcule the ghettoand race etc. You seriously need you're head examined. Tiff don't believe this goofus.He is impressed? Yea impressed of himself being an idiot.Don't give in to this character.What a moron
Sammy

Etobicoke, Canada

#12682 Nov 6, 2011
<quoted text>
Shaq is not the most dominant big man in NBA History and had he played about 10 years earlier he would have been average against beasts like Mike Oberding, Artis Gilmore, Marvin Webster, Wes Unseld and Bob Lanier.
Shaq has a fraction of Kareems skill set and that former 440 Sprinter from Kansas (Wilt Chamberlain) would have run him out of the gym.
Oberding? come on, wow you joking right? BTW its Mark Oberding. Not Mike. Shaq would eat the guy for dinner. Take him off the list.How can you insult those other greats by including Mark Oberding, now thats a joke in its self.
Sammy

Etobicoke, Canada

#12683 Nov 6, 2011
Hahahahah Mark Oberding being 6ft 8 against Shaq. Oberding might have had a slim chance when Shaq was in Lando and slimmer but later on.NOT. You need to rewind your VHS and really take a look at Oberding. Nice try there pal.
Sammy

Etobicoke, Canada

#12684 Nov 6, 2011
Seems Mr Love tron is stuck with a Sixer 70's virus. Iam chee Iam suprised with all his "back in the day knowledge" he would actually include Chocolate love tron into the mix.Mark Oberding? You got my pals here Rolling on the floor here. You sure you know ball son?
Sammy

Etobicoke, Canada

#12685 Nov 6, 2011
I can't seem to find Oberding's Hall of fame accolades. Or should we start debating whether Shaq will become one or not. How insulting.
Emissary From Lovetron

Granite City, IL

#12686 Nov 8, 2011
Sammy wrote:
<quoted text>Oberding? come on, wow you joking right? BTW its Mark Oberding. Not Mike. Shaq would eat the guy for dinner. Take him off the list.How can you insult those other greats by including Mark Oberding, now thats a joke in its self.
Get your head out of that stat book. There is no substitute for actually having watched a player.

If you think size is what counts then explain the way Worm neutralized Shaq?

You think cause you know how to Google someones name it makes you an expert? Then while you are looking up stats look up Stacy Kings scoring during the 92' season. Without looking at numbers I can guarantee you he averaged over 15 points a game during a 17 game winning streak early in the season.

But you have no Logical Comeback for the statement about Shaq playing against weaker Centers!!!!!

I remember Western Conference contenders throwing Power Forwards at him because they learned quickness and power are more potent weapons against him than size.

Or didn't they teach basketball 101 in Canada?

Then Look it up on the internet the same place you got the rest of your basketball knowledge, because if all you know about Mark Oberding is his size you obviously never saw him play.

And the Defense that teams like Atlanta, Cleveland and New York played in the 80's and early 90's is far superior to the paper mache' defense some NBA teams or playing now.

And looking up stats on the internet is not going to tell you how tough players like Mike Sanders (Cavaliers),Mike Brown (Bulls), Granville Waiters (Bulls) or Earl Cureton (76ers) were, but you can allways look them up on the internet like you do the rest of your information.

That is not a substitute for actually having watched them play.
Emissary From Lovetron

Granite City, IL

#12687 Nov 8, 2011
Sammy wrote:
<quoted text>Give me a break son. You sound like a guy looking for sympathy. Oh please cut the crap. You want to talk ball then talk ball. Quit the nonsense.
You also had the option to shut you're clappers and speak intelligently long ago but you continued you BS too. So you really ready to actually have a sensible discusion?
First off. Kobe is more intelligent? you are off you're rocker. Kobe never attended college. If you notice (nothing against Kobe)he is a replica of MJ. Obviously he learned from many other players one being MJ.Even down to the way he speaks. MJ is a very clever guy.If you actually sat and watched a game, defense in those days wasn't a big of a deal is it is today.Hence the scores. Besides era, rules changed too. So you can't compare Kobe's defensive skills to MJ. Quite frankly we have hashed this to death on here. 11,000 plus posts should give you an idea. BTW aren't you the same guy who backs up Stacey King?
Anyway, for you to come here and spew sh*t that I know what Iam doing about truth, look in the mirror. Think before you write there Partna.
Kobe's SAT's were high enough to go to College anywhere he wanted including Ivy League Schools. Mike could not attend any School in the Technology Triangle if not for basketball they would have had no interest in him.

Someone from the backwoods of North Carolina is as intellegent as a Kid from Philly that grew up in Europe?

Sounds like someone from Canada knows more about basketball than someone from a "real" basketball state (Illinois).

Besides you didn't come to this post to make points about basketball you came here to make insults so if you gonna continue to come at me I'm gonna give you everything you ask for Duddly Doo Right!
Emissary From Lovetron

Granite City, IL

#12688 Nov 8, 2011
Sammy wrote:
<quoted text>Raving insults like this warrants what you say about me? Yet you sit and watch NBA ball? and ridcule the ghettoand race etc. You seriously need you're head examined. Tiff don't believe this goofus.He is impressed? Yea impressed of himself being an idiot.Don't give in to this character.What a moron
Moron? Idiot? This the best you can do for an insult? You insult yourself when you even as much as imply that your Canadian Mounty a$$ knows anything about Ghetto Life. I live in East Saint Louis but you want to sit here and stroke poor conduct and that makes you Ghetto?

You don't know Basketball. You don't know Ghetto. And you certainly don't know me but like so many uninformed people you got all the answers and opinions.

Besides I bet she is more than capable of making up her own mind. But maybe you are afraid of being exposed you weak a$$ cosigner. Attack at will because you gonna have to finish what you started and since you don't have a legit motive to stand on anyway you simply expose yourself everytime you post.
Sam

Etobicoke, Canada

#12689 Nov 8, 2011
<quoted text>
Moron? Idiot? This the best you can do for an insult? You insult yourself when you even as much as imply that your Canadian Mounty a$$ knows anything about Ghetto Life. I live in East Saint Louis but you want to sit here and stroke poor conduct and that makes you Ghetto?
You don't know Basketball. You don't know Ghetto. And you certainly don't know me but like so many uninformed people you got all the answers and opinions.
Besides I bet she is more than capable of making up her own mind. But maybe you are afraid of being exposed you weak a$$ cosigner. Attack at will because you gonna have to finish what you started and since you don't have a legit motive to stand on anyway you simply expose yourself everytime you post.
hahahah you keep being proud of the ghetto there son. I have learned more negatives about your country than mine and from Americans yet. Didn't I once read a Canadian invented the game? Mounty is actually Mountie ass wipe.Com e to think of it I have never seen one. Sad I have to go up against such narrow ,uneducated, naive minds.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

NBA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 1 Dead, Several Injured In Cincinnati Nightclub... Mon Night Phartz 2
News An abducted 11-month-old may be in extreme danger Sun ReadPhart 2
News Who is better, Kobe or LeBron? (Mar '09) Mar 22 BeenPharts 2,122
News Skyforce Acquire Henry Walker Mar 19 SkyPhartx 2
News Lorenzen Wright Autopsy Released- Graphic Content (Nov '10) Mar 5 Turnip Phart 85
News Kawhi Leonard scores 21 points as Spurs topple ... Feb 26 TopplePhartsc 1
News Here are all the 76ers' potential draft picks i... Feb '17 NextPhartzz 2
More from around the web